JHCosmetics

milly
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

JHCosmetics

Post by milly »

What do you guys think of Joseph Harwood? I've watched a few of his videos and he annoys me so bad. Sometimes I'll agree with stuff he says when it's more personal talk but then seconds later I dislike him again because he says something bitchy or arrogant or just plain annoying. I feel like he thinks really highly of himself and like he thinks he's the best and foxiest or something. Sometimes he's okay but he just comes off as really conceited to me like he's the type of person that only befriends people who are up to his standards. I don't know if he deleted most of his old videos or maybe they're on another channel because I haven't watched him lately but just what but just watch some old ones and you'll see what I mean.
I think this dude has like four channels and has himself all over his background lol!

His voice annoys me too and he ain't that good looking! His lips are too big for his face and gloss doesn't help him so I don't know why he thinks he's really great looking.
I think he did this for a lime crime mermaid contest or something like that.
http://surp.info/u.php/Oi8vMjUu/bWVkaWE ... /anBn/b13/
:FU:

yum-martini
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Re: JHCosmetics

Post by yum-martini »

I think he's a bit...not odd, I don't know...

He keeps re-instating what Michael James did to him. Two videos on "The Truth of AndroGenetics", a giant blog post etc. A few months ago, he deleted all the make up videos on his channel, I guess because he was pissed that Michael was copying him. Then, in September, he uploaded a ton of videos back onto his channel. Like, make up your damn mind.
I can understand being frustrated, Michael truly betrayed him. I commend Joseph for taking legal action against him, and to my knowledge, was successful in removing a couple of Michael's videos. But otherwise, let the man be. There's nothing left to do. If people continue watching Michael, that's their choice and reiterating the truth of what he did to you isn't going to change anything.

I don't think his make up skills are that great, and I think he's a tad of a one trick pony. He also made his sister look like a drag queen (not Mila Kunis, sorry Joe).

The limecrime thing ticked me off. I commented on his video, asking if he was aware of limecrime's controversy. He replied, seemed interested, and I was going to send him a link to that ever famous blog post lipstickandlightsabers did but it didn't work (he didn't block me, it was a stupid youtube error). Anyways, if he actually cared, he could've looked it up himself since it's the damn first link in the google search, but obviously he was more concerned with winning a dumb facebook contest.

Otherwise, I think he's incredibly ambitious to try and create a make up brand at his age. I hope things go well for him, he seems strong and determined. I just hope he realizes that not everyone wants 5 pounds of make up on their faces.

milly
Talker
Talker

Post by milly »

Was Michael that blond guy he made videos with? I remember watching a video where he was with another guy and they were laughing and reading their YouTube comments they both seemed really douchey to me.

It is good that he has goals for a career in beauty but his skills could be better. I really hate that he contours his face and especially his nose so much that it practically disappears. He reminds me of Lord Voldemort when he does that. Yuck. And he definitely piles on the makeup. If that's what he's going for then that's fine but it seriously looks bad. I wouldn't feel to confident buying makeup from a person that only looks worse with it on. It's weird because Richie Nickel can do it and pull it off but maybe it's because his features aren't so pronounced like Joseph and he knows what does and doesn't work for him

Ugh Lime Crime. Let's not even go there! They're the reason I research before buying now. I guess Doe Deere did that much for me!

Charlie_Says

Post by Charlie_Says »

I like Joseph a lot. I think he is a little bit innovative, creative and has come up with some refreshing videos as well as giving his own spin on the "basics".

He's also an insecure queen. And I'm not saying this in a derogatory way... he's young and trying to make his mark on the big wide world, is self conscious and I think some of his reactions are a direct result of that. He's insecure about his nose (broken when someone hit him at a younger age) and his skin (referring to freckles and the like) Yes, he can get a be a bit self indulgent, has a bit of an ego at times, but I can forgive him that... its not easy being a gayer.

He should definitely let go of the Michael James thing though - show a bit of class and dignity and rise above it. If he is truly confident in his ranges, then making those a success will be worth a million times more than scoring internet points over someone who has been found with their hand in the cookie jar.

And as for his aesthetic qualities... that's very subjective, but I think he is far better looking than all the other genderqueer gurus out there.

pinktext
Learner
Learner

Post by pinktext »

He's easily one of my least favorite personalities on Youtube, and I think 90% of the stuff that comes out of his overplumped lips is complete horseshit. He's a model, don't you know, basically a supermodel. He's developing his own brand, his own brushes, he's a world famous makeup artist, and yet he basically has no subscribers and his skills are atrocious.

I'd never seen anyone glop on so much thick disgusting makeup. His Marilyn Monroe looked like she was cared out of a hunk of butter and then sent to the burn ward.

One of his last videos he made a huge deal out of people criticizing him and basically said that if you aren't going to praise his amazing skills then don't bother commenting at all. I call BS on everything he says. There's no way he's a real makeup artist with the way he applies makeup. His skin looks like a babybell cheese or a waxed cadaver.

pinktext
Learner
Learner

Post by pinktext »

[youtube][/youtube]

What's the point of making tutorials when you have on that many lights and you up the contrast so much? No one is that pale. Every look is the same and his fans eat that shit up. His facebook is hilarious, I've never seen anyone so full of themselves. You're not a supermodel, you don't look like anyone famous, please stfu

milly
Talker
Talker

Post by milly »

:mrgreen:
pinktext wrote: His Marilyn Monroe looked like she was cared out of a hunk of butter and then sent to the burn ward...There's no way he's a real makeup artist with the way he applies makeup. His skin looks like a babybell cheese or a waxed cadaver.
LOL!!! "Waxed cadaver" - YES!!! That's what he looks like! XD

I agree with absolutely everything you said and couldn't have put it better myself! To be honest though, his inflated ego repulses me a lot more than his makeup.

pinktext
Learner
Learner

Post by pinktext »

Pixiepink
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Pixiepink »

What is the real T that happened with him and michael james?

rambobob
Lurker
Lurker

Post by rambobob »

Basically Michael James sold some photos that he took of Joe and it all went out of controll from there! Joe also clames that Michael James stole the Androgenetics name and idea from him and his style which he taught him. Not that Joe's way of make up is uniqe he basically stole it from Kevyn Aucoin and I've seen other gurus and drag artists use the same sort of conturing using diffrent shades of foundation!

Also his looks are all the same and it's getting boring! Not saying I like Michael James but meh!

Pixiepink
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Pixiepink »

Well he's started another collab channel.. Let the drama ensue.. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/user/PerfectAndrogyny
[youtube][/youtube]

milly
Talker
Talker

Post by milly »

How many channels does Joe have?! Maybe he should focus on having at least one successful channel instead of four hundred different ones!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks Joe looks like Gill Man from The Creature from the Black Lagoon...

saintlysunday
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by saintlysunday »

milly wrote:How many channels does Joe have?! Maybe he should focus on having at least one successful channel instead of four hundred different ones!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks Joe looks like Gill Man from The Creature from the Black Lagoon...

Girl get your life together I was a signed male model from the age of 15. Creative read though! Hit the HD button when watching my videos in future though, she's beat to capacity.
JH

saintlysunday
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by saintlysunday »

rambobob wrote:Basically Michael James sold some photos that he took of Joe and it all went out of controll from there! Joe also clames that Michael James stole the Androgenetics name and idea from him and his style which he taught him. Not that Joe's way of make up is uniqe he basically stole it from Kevyn Aucoin and I've seen other gurus and drag artists use the same sort of conturing using diffrent shades of foundation!

Also his looks are all the same and it's getting boring! Not saying I like Michael James but meh!
This is not the T, Michael James was like family to me for 5 years and he developed a severe anxiety problem that led him to drink profusely and become violent and aggressive to me, so I ended our friendship. In his perception he feels that by doing that, it was a personal attack on his life style and spent two years poking at me in his videos, and spitefully recreating my stuff. His housemate during this time, Sphirex, was messaging me begging to stay with me because allegedly Michael was doing the exact same to him, which was the source of my anger last year. Sadly the police were involved and that is the T on that one my dear. I have a very distinct technique and I reshot my tutorials because I upgraded the camera quality. I have many looks in not only my youtube, but my expansive portfolio.
JH

saintlysunday
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by saintlysunday »

pinktext wrote:He's easily one of my least favorite personalities on Youtube, and I think 90% of the stuff that comes out of his overplumped lips is complete horseshit. He's a model, don't you know, basically a supermodel. He's developing his own brand, his own brushes, he's a world famous makeup artist, and yet he basically has no subscribers and his skills are atrocious.

I'd never seen anyone glop on so much thick disgusting makeup. His Marilyn Monroe looked like she was cared out of a hunk of butter and then sent to the burn ward.

One of his last videos he made a huge deal out of people criticizing him and basically said that if you aren't going to praise his amazing skills then don't bother commenting at all. I call BS on everything he says. There's no way he's a real makeup artist with the way he applies makeup. His skin looks like a babybell cheese or a waxed cadaver.
Honestly judging by your avatar and the overall standard of your aesthetic, I'm not surprised that you find me intolerable. Most unattractive, masculine amateurs seem to. My Marilyn tutorial was one of the reasons I was actually featured on international headlines so instead of seething with jealous anger why don't you actually learn some of my techniques.
JH

saintlysunday
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by saintlysunday »

milly wrote::mrgreen:
pinktext wrote: His Marilyn Monroe looked like she was cared out of a hunk of butter and then sent to the burn ward...There's no way he's a real makeup artist with the way he applies makeup. His skin looks like a babybell cheese or a waxed cadaver.
LOL!!! "Waxed cadaver" - YES!!! That's what he looks like! XD

I agree with absolutely everything you said and couldn't have put it better myself! To be honest though, his inflated ego repulses me a lot more than his makeup.
There is a difference between not enjoying someones work, and partaking in blatant bullying with some nasty, spiteful, jealous creature like this pink person, who's clearly exceptionally envious. Noone goes to that much trouble to insult someones appearance, I think the fact I have naturally soft skin, no adams apple and effeminate features may be a sore subject perhaps? But let's not get carried away here, there's a difference between persona and ego. Don't insinuate character traits in a person from an edited video. I am extremely open, friendly, honest and professional in my approach and I have some snap in my humor that may not read well on camera, but don't agree with this bitter person, that's complete bullshit. I've never set up a camera in a studio setting or even in my lounge, I don't expect you have either? It's not particularly the easiest thing to do and I've only just got the lighting accurate, but I'm exceptionally proud of the finesse in which I've mastered skin because I've had acne my whole life. A waxed 'cadaver'? I mean come on would you say slurs to someone with a darker complexion? Or would that be racist?

saintlysunday
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by saintlysunday »

disestablishment wrote:So...this guy is really into himself, huh?
I am not into myself in the slightest, this creature above is trying to portray me in such a way because they can't find any fault with anything else I do so it's an easy excuse to hate on my stuff, when the real reason is evident jealousy.

saintlysunday
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by saintlysunday »

disestablishment wrote:Okay, Gretchen Wieners.
My name is Joseph Harwood, not Gretchen.
However my hair is rather big... and full of secrets.

saintlysunday
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by saintlysunday »

disestablishment wrote:
Pixiepink wrote:Well he's started another collab channel.. Let the drama ensue.. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/user/PerfectAndrogyny
[youtube][/youtube]
Youtube suggested one of this channel's videos so that's how I found out about this guy. What pretentious bullshit is going on in that video? Is it supposed to make me want to watch? And almost everyone in that video looked like a drag queen, not at all androgynous.
And how exactly is working with the new youtube format 'pretentious'? It is mandatory to have a channel trailer and as an introduction to the cast who post on my channel a musical kind of video showcasing us in our most creative forms is hardly out of the ordinary? Do you think if we each dressed up in sweats and introduced ourselves one on one it would be such a fun video??

Jesus LORD have mercy. We have trans women, drag queens, drag kings, androgynous men and women, genderqueer people, I myself am an androgynous man. My whole concept was that androgyny was a spectrum that everyone is a part of, whether it's a superficial quality or a personality trait. I just happened to have been marketed as androgynous when I was modelling, which was the time I came up with this idea. It's not that big of a deal anyway just sit back and enjoy the topics, of which we've worked fucking hard on.

saintlysunday
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by saintlysunday »

pinktext wrote:He's easily one of my least favorite personalities on Youtube, and I think 90% of the stuff that comes out of his overplumped lips is complete horseshit. He's a model, don't you know, basically a supermodel. He's developing his own brand, his own brushes, he's a world famous makeup artist, and yet he basically has no subscribers and his skills are atrocious.

You are a complete, utter assclown. How dare you attack me so cowardly on a public blog, email me directly if you want to try and come for me, I'd be happy to address you when you're not hiding in an off public, unsearchable blog post. I am a 22 year old man I haven't had a single injection in my face. I was scouted for a casting for McQ when I was a kid, and spent several years working as an androgynous model, taking me to Tokyo where I found my passion for makeup. I have worked on innumerate celebrities as a makeup artist, my work has been internationally published and I have been studying an MSc in cosmetic research, developing my cosmetics line for some time now. I have extreme finesse in what I do and you will see EXACTLY where I will be going in due course. It doesn't take a mensa IQ to realize I have worked my ass off and there is not one iota of reason or basis for either of these ridiculous statements! I seriously suggest counselling to work out why your esteem is so low you choose to target someone in such a inane manner. Vile, disgusting person.

Return to “F-J”