Bratayley

lmmomSD
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bratayley

Post by lmmomSD »

Rumors seem to be particularly rampant with this family. Don't know if it's because of Caleb (there are still rumors he's alive and it hiding floating around) or what. But it's pretty ridiculous. I admit I take things people say here to be truthful. Guess I need to be more skeptical!

philippa26
Learner
Learner

Post by philippa26 »

I remember hearing it was something drug related. I think her Facebook when I looked a few months ago said something about being clean so I assumed that was true.
Whatever it is, I hope she's doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tropical_Paradise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tropical_Paradise »

Lurkdatass wrote:I don't understand that liv story - why would they leave if she didn't do that specific vault?

I used to watch this family a lot (years ago before they got really big) and they've definitely let the internet fame/money get to their heads. The kids were all in school (well Hayley was in a preschool) and much less annoying. Even the parents were less annoying (probably cause you didn't see them)

Aiden is a breath of fresh air though! I remember seeing him as a baby. I wonder if Nonnie is his guardian/whatever? Whenever he visits he's never with his parents. Not so strange usually but you'd think they'd want to be with him for Christmas?
I don't know how much you know about gymnastics, but for level 8, there are a variety of vaults a gymnast must do to get a start value of 10.0. A Yurchenko style of vault(round-off back handspring onto the vaulting table) is the most common one that level 8's will do.
So if Liv didn't do it, she wouldn't be like totally meeting the level 8 requirement(have a lower start value).

If they were coming for that. Then basically they'd leave because she isn't "ready"(I mean I don't know why you need to do that to a little girl just don't come to begin with?).

If I'm remembering correctly, Whitney didn't do a Yurchenko until recently.

Honestly, if the Brateyleys did this I wouldn't be surprised.

I was reading up about First Class gym on google reviews and it seems like coach Mary picks favorites. Also, it seemed she filmed girls that families specifically didn't want to be filmed(like why pay for gym, then coach Mary video taps them for her own personal gain$$$).
I also heard, she "lures" non-competitive kids into competitive gym.

Ddddd12345

Post by Ddddd12345 »

lmmomSD wrote:Rumors seem to be particularly rampant with this family. Don't know if it's because of Caleb (there are still rumors he's alive and it hiding floating around) or what. But it's pretty ridiculous. I admit I take things people say here to be truthful. Guess I need to be more skeptical!
If you are talking about what I posted about Aiden's mom, at no point did I say it was the absolutely truth. I even said 'who knows' in my post. I don't know this family personally and all the stuff I post is straight off the internet.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Ddddd12345 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Rumors seem to be particularly rampant with this family. Don't know if it's because of Caleb (there are still rumors he's alive and it hiding floating around) or what. But it's pretty ridiculous. I admit I take things people say here to be truthful. Guess I need to be more skeptical!
If you are talking about what I posted about Aiden's mom, at no point did I say it was the absolutely truth. I even said 'who knows' in my post. I don't know this family personally and all the stuff I post is straight off the internet.
Oh, I didn't think you were lying. I'm just saying _I_ personally need to check before I comment on things. Sorry if I said it badly. No offense meant.
And there are always rumors about these guys in particular. Don't know what it is.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

Why are they selling merchandise and having a meet and greet when Annie + Hayley aren't old enough to have a job + make money. It's kinda hard to explain but I just don't see the logic in people spending money on Bratayley merchandise when Annie and Hayley probably don't even have enough money themselves to buy some of the merch. I get that Katie and Billy still pay for things they buy, and probably parents are the ones who are buying more merch than the children themselves, but it just seems odd. Even with the gymnastics meet it seems odd they are charging more money than Annie and Hayley probably have.

On the subject of the gymnastics meet (they discussed it a little bit in the vlog today because it's coming up shortly), is it going to be any good? Some members above were talking about the good gymnastics meets and seem to have knowledge on this stuff, so is it worth competing in? I'm out of the loop on gymnastics meets and whatnot so if someone knows the answer that would be interesting to know.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

So I am totally clueless-- are they actually sponsoring a meet? And if so, are they really expecting a lot of gymnasts?

mzkitteh

Post by mzkitteh »

I've wondered the same. It isn't a strictly Bratayley event. Shawn Johnson is a huge part of it. I'll be curious to see what kind of turnout they actually get. How many gyms are willing to spend the money to get the kids to California for this? Are the medals they receive for each event credible? What WILL they receive for competing and winning in an event?
.......meow.......

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

mzkitteh wrote:I've wondered the same. It isn't a strictly Bratayley event. Shawn Johnson is a huge part of it. I'll be curious to see what kind of turnout they actually get. How many gyms are willing to spend the money to get the kids to California for this? Are the medals they receive for each event credible? What WILL they receive for competing and winning in an event?
I think there are two factors which may hinder more gymnasts/gymnastics teams from competing in this event. One is that the event has Bratayley's name in it, which obviously makes sense since they are one of the hosts, but there are a lot of gymnasts and teams who have never heard of the Bratayley's before. Going off of this, since it's a new meet it won't have the credibility that other, older meets have I presume. Secondly, I don't think Shawn Johnson has the "pull" and "recognition" that other gymnasts have. I guess if you are a gymnast you know all about her, but she's not Aly Raisman or Simone Biles. It'll be interesting how it turns out for sure. Are the Coral Girls participating? That seems unfair if they are but I wouldn't be shocked if they were.

The fact that Bratayley are holding a meet and greet, and even have it listed on the competition schedule (http://www.greatdestinations.info/docum ... le_000.pdf) seems like they decided to have a meet for the attention. Not only that, but I think that may not help the meet become successful because the point of a meet is to showcase top gymnasts/gymnastics talent but if you have the Bratayley's +Olympic gymnasts there doing meet and greets it just seems like less attention is being put on the actual meet. It just doesn't seem right to me.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

lmmomSD wrote:So I am totally clueless-- are they actually sponsoring a meet? And if so, are they really expecting a lot of gymnasts?

Here is the website for the Bratayley meet: http://www.greatdestinations.info/

RazzleDazzle46
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RazzleDazzle46 »

Honestly I doubt these meets really showcase anyone. There are soooooooooo many competitions happening everyday, I doubt Valeri cares. It's once you qualify for Pre-elite or elite the people that matter start to see you at camp.

Also from the looks at the schedule, there is not a single well known gym there. Not that I'm surprised.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

And I bet serious gymnasts, who are really working hard and want to go to the Karolys camp or whatever is the top place for gymnasts now, and sacrificing, would seriously side eye a meet centered around a YouTuber meet & greet. Let me put it this way: when I was little, I wanted to be an Olympic equestrian. Obviously I didn't make it. But had I been on track to make it, and working my ass off riding all the time and sacrificing other things for it, I would have thought a meet based on a YouTuber who dabbles in gymnastics (because Annie really does dabble right now-- she travels so much that she misses a lot of training, and misses the extra training like the running coach, and is more interested in getting her nails done and music.allys) I would have thought it was silly.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

britishbeaver
Debater
Debater

Post by britishbeaver »

"WHO ARE THE BRATAYLEYS?
A popular YouTube family, the Bratayleys have amassed nearly 3 million subscribers for their videos depicting a fun-loving, homespun approach to everyday life. The Bratayley family includes mom Katie, dad Billy and daughters Annie and Hayley. Many of the family's videos consist of them attending gymnastics practice and meets for Annie. She is a Level 7 gymnast and has her own popular YouTube channel, Acroanna, which has over 770,000 subscribers."

This is from the meet description on their site. I feel so sad for Hayley that it doesn't even mention she takes gymnastics too. I know the description is obviously old since it puts Annie in level 7, but Hayley was still competing last year. Says it all really.

aimeebelle
Learner
Learner

Post by aimeebelle »

Serenity wrote "Been sober for almost 4months now and I can honestly say this program has changed my life and me" on her facebook two years ago.

Gossipgirl777
Talker
Talker

Post by Gossipgirl777 »

aimeebelle wrote:Serenity wrote "Been sober for almost 4months now and I can honestly say this program has changed my life and me" on her facebook two years ago.
what's her facebook?

Tropical_Paradise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tropical_Paradise »

Looks like first class/ Coral Girls are participating.

I think Aston Locklear's gym will be there too.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO C SUPER CAMERA using Tapatalk

RazzleDazzle46
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RazzleDazzle46 »

Tropical_Paradise wrote: I think Aston Locklear's gym will be there too.
Nope, Ashton's gym is Everest, the gym at this meet is Evergreen.

Ddddd12345

Post by Ddddd12345 »

This meet is definitely not serious enough for the really noteworthy gyms to bother with. It is just another 'come meet the Bratayleys' venture that only fans will be at. Of course you have to buy tickets to meet them even after paying for the meet. I still can't quite wrap my head around people paying money (albeit just 20 bucks) to meet a very average and already quite wealthy family.

I see a team from Texas; such die-hard fans!
They better ride this gymnastics horse as hard as they can while it still lives because I don't think it will last much longer with Annie.

Moony93
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Moony93 »

long time lurker, but a gymnastics fan more than a bratayley fan, there's numerous previous posts mentioning the girls just going on to do college gymnastics, I don't know how the rules would specifically apply to youtube but they may all have already forfeited their NCAA eligibility if they're receiving money/endorsements through their gym videos.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Wow, just wow. This is really old news, but my daughter was watching the vlogs from when they were at the tree house in Texas. Annie and Katie were hiding in a wardrobe, and when they came out, Mom said "How was Narnia?" Katie said "It was good", but Annie just gave a blank look and said "I don't know what that is" Does she never read? And even if she doesn't, there were 3 movies out about it recently. Sad.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Return to “Bratayley”