Throwback Mish Videos

Chiyou
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Throwback Mish Videos

Post by Chiyou »

Any videos that you think people who haven't seen and would like to share should go here.

I'll start:

[youtube][/youtube]

The video of Michelle's visit to Vietnam during her Asia tour with Lancome a couple years ago. It's no wonder that she didn't share this video on her social media. Being in Vietnam really highlights how little Vietnamese Michelle actually knows. Contrast this video with the videos she made with her mom where Michelle spoke Vietnamese, and you can tell that Michelle is extremely uncomfortable with Vietnamese.

Then there are her fans who see the little Vietnamese that Michelle speaks in her own videos and Michelle gets praised from the moon and back about knowing her native language.

She just looked uncomfortable the entire time. Like she didn't know what to say, do, or even stand. It's also no wonder that she fancies herself a celebrity either. I mean, look at all of the cameras pointing at her all the time. I know this was a business trip and all and it needs to be documented, but still.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Throwback Mish Videos

Post by Trololol »

Whenever she talks, she has to make big hand gestures to compensate for the fact that she is unable to coherently articulate her point. The big hand gestures distract people from actually realizing tht she is indeed full of hot air. She needs to hire a speaking coach and learn to structure her sentences better if she wants to be taken seriously. I cannot take her seriously whenever I hear her speak. It's the most unprofessional, illiterate and tryhard hing that I've ever had the displeasure of listening to.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

[youtube][/youtube]

LOL

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

The Rockstar makeup for guys video is another video that was only around for a short while.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/oKUKzv1hsv4

It's one that new members should check out.

Hello, old face.

Chiyou
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Chiyou »

Her interview in Thailand:

Part 1 - [youtube][/youtube]

Part 2 - [youtube][/youtube]

Part 3 - [youtube][/youtube]

She talks about iQQu in Part 2. Deny all you want Michelle, but your failed skincare line and how you were endorsing is still on the internet for all to see.

Chiyou
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Chiyou »

Part 4 - [youtube][/youtube]

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

BIG HAND GESTURES EVERYWHEREEEEEE

Pygmy_Puff
Learner
Learner

Post by Pygmy_Puff »

Her explanations are very vague. I started on the 2nd part of the interview. She didn't even know how to answer the question of how did Lancome provide her with opportunities, the lady doing the interview answered her own question by bringing up that Michelle's been in magazines, tv and started iqqu. That's more than Michelle even said.
I can't even with this woman. She's always so vague and it's hella annoying. Like what are you EVEN saying Michelle!?
Her sentences and explanations aren't very coherent. :rofl:

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

Pygmy_Puff wrote:Her explanations are very vague. I started on the 2nd part of the interview. She didn't even know how to answer the question of how did Lancome provide her with opportunities, the lady doing the interview answered her own question by bringing up that Michelle's been in magazines, tv and started iqqu. That's more than Michelle even said.
I can't even with this woman. She's always so vague and it's hella annoying. Like what are you EVEN saying Michelle!?
Her sentences and explanations aren't very coherent. :rofl:
The meaning of IQQU just about killed me. XD

Believe it or not, she sounds a lot more coherent in her Thai interviews than she did at One Young World.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/l45Vx8eD_5I/

Winter Wonderland, the one where she drew a snowflake on her right eye. It's no longer on her main channel, so she must have made it private. It was pretty bad.

Here's the Venus inspired makeup: this was when she still had her old face.
[youtube][/youtube]

It as ridiculous because she applied her makeup in the dusk darkness where you can't see ANYTHING.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

Ooh this! Remember this?

[youtube][/youtube]

kappa-chan
Talker
Talker

Post by kappa-chan »

The video when she was in Vietnam. I get it with some people living abroad for too long and when they visit their country of origin they feel kinda awkward due to the huge differences in culture. I have cousins who live 3 years in Japan, and one of them was born there. When they came back to Indonesia, they were so awkward. Their Indonesian language is quite limited and there are some customs that they hadn't aware of. The differences were so clear even though it was between two Asian countries. Let alone the cultural and language differences between USA and Vietnam.

But clearly Michelle wasn't comfortable in the video. Many times I see her flashed this nervous and what-am-I-doing-here smile in the video. For me, it's actually OK for Michelle to feel slightly awkward in Vietnam despite her being a Vietnamese because she spends most of her time in USA. But what irks me is on how Michelle is using Vietnam to hard sell herself. All of sudden she talks using Vietnam language with her mother and pho this and pho that -- and we all know she does it not because she truly feels that she belongs to her motherland. She's using Vietnam just for her own conveniences and sob stories.

Chiyou
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Chiyou »

kappa-chan wrote:The video when she was in Vietnam. I get it with some people living abroad for too long and when they visit their country of origin they feel kinda awkward due to the huge differences in culture. I have cousins who live 3 years in Japan, and one of them was born there. When they came back to Indonesia, they were so awkward. Their Indonesian language is quite limited and there are some customs that they hadn't aware of. The differences were so clear even though it was between two Asian countries. Let alone the cultural and language differences between USA and Vietnam.

But clearly Michelle wasn't comfortable in the video. Many times I see her flashed this nervous and what-am-I-doing-here smile in the video. For me, it's actually OK for Michelle to feel slightly awkward in Vietnam despite her being a Vietnamese because she spends most of her time in USA. But what irks me is on how Michelle is using Vietnam to hard sell herself. All of sudden she talks using Vietnam language with her mother and pho this and pho that -- and we all know she does it not because she truly feels that she belongs to her motherland. She's using Vietnam just for her own conveniences and sob stories.
100% agree. And it irks me that her fans praise her so much for "being in touch with her heritage". Haha, how about no.

Maybe I am being extra harsh on her for not knowing Vietnamese as well as she should (considering how she's plays it up at her convenience) because she and I have very similar ethnic backgrounds.

Like Michelle, my parents also immigrated to the US with hardly a dime to their name. Like Michelle, we were a low-income, lower middle class family living off of food stamps when I was growing up. Like Michelle, I also spent most of my time in the US, and I would consider myself American. However, my Cantonese, despite having grown up in the US, is leaps and bounds better than her Vietnamese, and I don't even consider myself 100% fluent. And I don't, and never will, go around parading how I know Cantonese or claim how much I know about my culture (there are actually a lot of customs that I don't know and that's okay).

I would also consider myself to be pretty successful right now, but I don't wear my "poor family background/history" like a sympathy badge for other people to respect me for my work and achievements. My work should speak for itself without needing to tie a "rags to riches" origin to it, which Michelle does. All. The. Time.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

She banks on her exotic looks to get her places and to sustain her career. Which is low. It's despicable. It's essentially playing the race card to get ahead (which is just as bad as using race as an excuse to discriminate.) Using race as any excuse to get an advantage is a low blow and hypocritical.

Epic811
Informer
Informer

Post by Epic811 »

^^ I totally agree.

The only thing that she has is the fact that she is Vietnamese who has made it big on social media. Which is purely on luck. Ironic as she uses "good luck" as her slogan...

But to make matter worst, she tries to make it seem that she is not "pure" vietnamese and that she is part this part that to appeal to a bigger and more diverse group. Which doesn't always work on her behalf and often times, she fails horribly and end up looking like a joke. Her vietnamese isn't even her best and she should be ashamed for not using it more...since she enjoy showcasing it so much. Much like her amateur makeup and artistic skills.

She doesn't put efforts in her works...she only does what is popular and hope that it will get her by. She's a one stop woman, nothing special and she should at least try to put some effort into things that she does. Because some people wish they had her opportunities.

kappa-chan
Talker
Talker

Post by kappa-chan »

Epic811 wrote: The only thing that she has is the fact that she is Vietnamese who has made it big on social media. Which is purely on luck. Ironic as she uses "good luck" as her slogan...

But to make matter worst, she tries to make it seem that she is not "pure" vietnamese and that she is part this part that to appeal to a bigger and more diverse group.
THIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!

It's like watching some kind of circus. "I'm 100% Vietnamese, you guize! Xin chào! No, I'm not REALLY really Vietnamese! Teehee! I'm half European, Russian, China, Malays, India, Arabs, American, Korean, Japan, Eskimo, and Martian!"

What. The. Hell. Michin.

Seriously. What the hell.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

Has anyone seen this video?

[youtube][/youtube]

She repeats things in other interviews about back on 2007 that 'My Space was the number 1 social media website, and I was turned down for a job at Lancome.'

And she claimed that she was the first to make full transformation videos when she uploaded her Lady Gaga video. Wow. Srsly.

kohimiruku
Informer
Informer

Post by kohimiruku »

Trololol wrote:And she claimed that she was the first to make full transformation videos when she uploaded her Lady Gaga video. Wow. Srsly.
Well, she's always been throwing subtle shade at Promise, who actually had the gall to have successful transformation makeup videos. :roll: Remember, for awhile MP was doing all those awful Angelina Jolie, Cara Delevingne, Miranda Kerr "transformation" videos that were all really dirty-looking and awful? I feel like she did a pretty bad Aaliyah one, too. Oh, and that "Bad Girl" Rihanna one. They were just all really cringe-worthy. And they started cropping up when Promise started getting noticed for her transformation videos, I think. Don't quote me on that one, I can't quite remember that far back.
"Everything will definitely be alright!"
- Kinomoto Sakura

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

kohimiruku wrote:
Trololol wrote:And she claimed that she was the first to make full transformation videos when she uploaded her Lady Gaga video. Wow. Srsly.
Well, she's always been throwing subtle shade at Promise, who actually had the gall to have successful transformation makeup videos. :roll: Remember, for awhile MP was doing all those awful Angelina Jolie, Cara Delevingne, Miranda Kerr "transformation" videos that were all really dirty-looking and awful? I feel like she did a pretty bad Aaliyah one, too. Oh, and that "Bad Girl" Rihanna one. They were just all really cringe-worthy. And they started cropping up when Promise started getting noticed for her transformation videos, I think. Don't quote me on that one, I can't quite remember that far back.
Even if Michelle is the one with multi million dollar deals, Promise was the one with actual notoriety when it comes to transformation videos. She was mentioned by just about every popular news site; the Daily Mail, Pop Hangover, even Gawker. No one ever paid attention to Michelle in that way; not the way where every video was screencapped and it was compiled in a way that enabled it to go vural. Promise is really good with character makeup (though I really dislike her Breakfast at Tiffany's look). Michelle is bad with transformation makeup because she can't blend, and she has no idea how to contour properly, which, let's face it, is what MAKES the transformation look work. You mimic the person you transform into by emulating THEIR facial structure.

All Michelle ever did was use foundation that was way too light or way too dark, stick in contacts, and use wigs. Her contouring was absolute shit.

Return to “Michelle Phan”