General discussion thread

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General discussion thread

Post by cheezecake »

I adore, no, i worship Lisa. With all these clueless gurus out there she is like a breath of fresh air. I am almost sitting and taking notes during her tutorials!

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

PearlyPearl wrote:She does videos for Lancome's channel using their products exclusively (like she did for Chanel before)
Yeah, I know but I prefer when it's a mix. And lately I just haven't noticed much Lancome being used as before.

As for her Kendal Jenner tutorial (I assume this is the smokey/strobing tutorial you're referring to MuffettheSpider) The hourglass powders are so gorgeous and very subtle so it is definitely her application as well as the product that has made such a beautiful, yet subtle, change to the models skin. I think most gurus are aiming for the extreme glittery, wet strobe look.

Also thanks Johnnydrama. more people need to subby to the queen and know her face :tu:

sosltice
Talker
Talker

Post by sosltice »

Has anyone read this book by Madeleine Marsh? Lisa featured her in her vintage make up series. It's the same concept I'm reading it now. [url]Image

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

No but that is a gorgeous colour. I actually haven't bought Lisa's book because much as I love makeup, unfortunately, it's history isn't something I am completely interested in. Perhaps when I move out and want to pretty my room up...

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

Cover not colour... sigh.

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

onigiri815 wrote:No but that is a gorgeous colour. I actually haven't bought Lisa's book because much as I love makeup, unfortunately, it's history isn't something I am completely interested in. Perhaps when I move out and want to pretty my room up...
At first it was also rather a no for me because of the history BUT i watched her video about the book and have downloaded a sample. Half of it is dedicated to "Business of Beauty" and how famous brands were created. So i was sold and ordered!

MuffettheSpider
Lurker
Lurker

Post by MuffettheSpider »

sosltice wrote:Has anyone read this book by Madeleine Marsh? Lisa featured her in her vintage make up series. It's the same concept I'm reading it now. [url]Image
I have it! I bought it because Lisa recommended it, haha! I kind of jump to the time periods I'm most interested in. It's rather dry, but the author does her best to infuse some of her fun personality into it.
Muffet pours you a cup of spiders.
Muffet does a synchronized dance with the other spiders.

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

Lisa has uploaded a new video with Rosie Huntington Whiteley!!! And i finally got her book. What a day

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

HOLY POO ROSIE

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Her lips are absolutely huge, I am so jealous :o I really like that you can see that Rosie has bags under her eyes and not the most even skin tone, its always a nice way to remind me/ people that while they are still relatively flawless, they do still have what every other person can get! I never mean that as an insult but occasionally I have to remind myself that "no... they are not poreless/lacking texture/ pigmentation"

It's such a gorgeous look. Lisa is a bloody artist.

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

onigiri815 wrote:HOLY POO ROSIE

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Her lips are absolutely huge, I am so jealous :o I really like that you can see that Rosie has bags under her eyes and not the most even skin tone, its always a nice way to remind me/ people that while they are still relatively flawless, they do still have what every other person can get! I never mean that as an insult but occasionally I have to remind myself that "no... they are not poreless/lacking texture/ pigmentation"

I am always wondering if her lips are real and i couldn't find a real proof that they are not. Maybe the upper lip but on every pic her bottom lip looks very full. I myself have quite big puffy lips and i get asked if they are real. Damn, I sometimes i wish they were smaller so it is easier to wear bold red lips.

I was surprised how nice and humble Rosie is and how, despite of talking about her M&S makeup line, she did not shill it.

It is funny how goorus all look the same and Lisa's "girls" always look like better versions of themselves. I mean, Rosie looks like Rosie and Alexa Chung like Alexa Chung.

I took a note to mix my strobing cream with cream blush and that"brows must look like sisters, not twins" :roll:

Waldorfdarling
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Waldorfdarling »

cheezecake wrote:
onigiri815 wrote:HOLY POO ROSIE

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I am always wondering if her lips are real and i couldn't find a real proof that they are not. Maybe the upper lip but on every pic her bottom lip looks very full. I myself have quite big puffy lips and i get asked if they are real. Damn, I sometimes i wish they were smaller so it is easier to wear bold red lips.
Same here! I rarely wear red lipstick for that very reason!
XOXO

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

I would be so proud to have lips like hers! I'm not a fan of red lips as I can't be bothered to find the right undertone, and it makes my teeth look really yellow even though they aren't. Rock it girls :tu:

But yeah it's very true. I think alot of gurus just follow the trends and really want to have bold very obviously made up looks. But Lisa tends to do looks that are subtle and make you look just better.
I am still trying to find my "natural" look and it is taking some time but I think I am almost there. I REALLY want the Rosie collection though, especially that palette. WHY DO I LIVE IN AUSTRALIA
WHY

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

I really liked the look. I love that they emphasized enhancing your features and not dwelling on covering things up. So many gurus are like oh you can change your nose, you can change your bone structure, this that and the other thing. Don't like you lip? OVERLINE IT! (not in a natural way)

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

onigiri815 wrote:I would be so proud to have lips like hers! I'm not a fan of red lips as I can't be bothered to find the right undertone, and it makes my teeth look really yellow even though they aren't. Rock it girls :tu:
It took me like 5 years to find one, no joke! I even thought red lips is not my thing. Until a girl @ mac brought me Russian Red. Even though i have warm-er complexion, warm reds (not orange - orange is actually nice) don't suit me and blue reds are too cold. Russian red is neutral and it was a WIN.
But yeah it's very true. I think alot of gurus just follow the trends and really want to have bold very obviously made up looks. But Lisa tends to do looks that are subtle and make you look just better.
I am still trying to find my "natural" look and it is taking some time but I think I am almost there. I REALLY want the Rosie collection though, especially that palette. WHY DO I LIVE IN AUSTRALIA
WHY
M&S Makeup is not so good tbh so don't worry! It is just because Lisa knows how to use stuff it works so well. This is Eldridge trap!

starredream
Talker
Talker

Post by starredream »

Yeah, actually you can see a lot of fallout when Lisa was putting on the eyeshadow even though she tried to hide it... Definitely didn't make me want to buy any of the products.

I gotta admit, I didn't really like this video mostly because I couldn't see what Lisa was doing? No idea why we had to see Rosie's profile most of the time while Lisa made up the left side of her face - odd filming choice. IMO the Alexa and Sophie Dahl videos were MUCH better.

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

cheezecake wrote: M&S Makeup is not so good tbh so don't worry! It is just because Lisa knows how to use stuff it works so well. This is Eldridge trap!
Haha so true, I always want to buy everything and anything she uses

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

She looks AMAZING in her latest video! :o I'm going to be copying the look for sure.

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

Lisa has snapchat
My everything is ready

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

onigiri815 wrote:Lisa has snapchat
My everything is ready
Lawd has heard our prayers! Apart from occasional Katy (aka LustreLux) snaps, i can't stand the rest of them. I said it already and here i go again: SC will be the death of youtubers. Their snaps are either too boring, too dumb or too "please give them ADHD meds". I could tolerate their videos but with their obnoxious snaps i can't even.

I am beyond happy Liza got SC and even if she doesn't snap anything makeup related or particularly interesting, i loooooooooove her cats! i am a bit behind how many she has now? I know Betty, she said ages ago "everyone was laughing that i got a cat that is exact color of my favorite eyeshadow" :rofl:

Such a minion i am!

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

Seems Rosie has a taste for YouTube after going with Lisa. She'll make an appearance on Monika Blunders channel soon

Return to “Lisa Eldridge”