CutiePieMarzia

theboxer
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: CutiePieMarzia

Post by theboxer »

There is plenty of correlation between the two. It's all about having agency over your outward, public appearance in regards to characteristics you were born with. Especially if you're uncomfortable with them.

I agree with pinkbows in that she seems genuine in her videos. She has stayed true to her style throughout the years. Definitely check out Kalel if you want an example of a 100% fake YouTube persona.

Sven_
Learner
Learner

Post by Sven_ »

She looks so different! But yes, still pretty.
I don't know why she would be insecure about her natural voice. It sounds nice to my ears.
The high pitched voice sometimes annoys me, but hey, if it makes her feel better ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I also would love to hear her natural voice more often.

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer

Post by Tsubaki »

Her natural voice sounds very soothing. The thought of her voice being fake had occurred to me when I initially started watching her videos but it didn't seem that important and then I just accepted it. I mean, it's just a voice - we all have different voices for different occasions. What makes one real and the other one fake? We adjust our voices to suit the kinds of audiences we want to reach. Perhaps it was because I was somewhat accustomed to Japanese women changing their voices to a falsetto that her high pitched voice didn't seem that strange.

Creme

Post by Creme »

^
I think it's really strange tbh, why change your voice, of all things? And she could easily say like "oh i make my voice a little more high pitched because I prefer it that way" instead of lying about it :?

walkinonadream
Learner
Learner

Post by walkinonadream »

I love what little I've heard of her deeper voice. It's much more pleasant to my ears. But I suppose there would be little point in her suddenly dropping that high-pitched tone now :lol:

quartz_
Talker
Talker

Post by quartz_ »

Honestly wondering what she does all day if Felix is filming most of the time.

Blair Gilbert
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Blair Gilbert »

I'm not the biggest Marzia fan, and by that I mean I don't watch her a lot, but I saw her 4 million Marzipans video and felt kinda offended. I've never participated in any giveaways or even commented on them but somehow I have the urge to comment on hers. What the hell is she giving away for 4 million subs??? Things she got from other people/companies! I belive it's all coming from her being kind, nice, bla bla bla, but helloooooo!? I feel like those boxes are the crap you put together when you're 12 years old, running around the house, trying to collect as much stuff as possible to give a friend who you don't even like that much! She made me realize that we all are just sheep, following all of these YTers, but all in all they don't give a sh** about us. (making that kind of money she could've done one box, a watch or a bag that's not 3 bucks on e-bay. Fleur has her flavs, but knows how to say thank you to her subs)

brashme
Learner
Learner

Post by brashme »

pinkbows wrote:
brashme wrote:^^^^^^^

There is a huge difference between enhancing one's appearance thanks to makeup, and putting on a fake voice/persona to cater to a certain target population.

There is actually no correlation between both. :?

I feel like you're missing the point of theboxer's post.

Marzia has shown she can be very self conscious, in regards to her nose and trying to control the angles of photos and videoing herself. I myself am self conscious of my voice, but in a different way. My voice is naturally high like how Marzia makes her voice, and I try to lower it.

I don't think she's putting on a "fake persona" at all. She is girly and young. She's not like that Kalel chick or any other YTer that tries to put on a quirky persona.

I don't mind her voice. But I would love to hear her natural voice. It's very husky and sensual and I wish she would be more comfortable with that side of herself.
I didn't miss any point. I can perfectly comprehend a sentence in English thanks.

Fake is fake is fake. Putting on make up does not make one fake. Again it accentuates/embellishes certain features and in some cases makes one appear more presentable.

Marzia is no better than the Gleam bots. Cutesy voices/acting to appeal to a certain target audience. i don't understand how someone being self conscious about their voice would resort to them putting on a baby voice to boost their self esteem.

Anyways I could have sworn this was the trash section, I didn't now the stand would come in here being defensive over someone putting on a fake voice clearly and being called out for it. :o

brashme
Learner
Learner

Post by brashme »

theboxer wrote:There is plenty of correlation between the two. It's all about having agency over your outward, public appearance in regards to characteristics you were born with. Especially if you're uncomfortable with them.

I agree with pinkbows in that she seems genuine in her videos. She has stayed true to her style throughout the years. Definitely check out Kalel if you want an example of a 100% fake YouTube persona.
None. Sense.

How can putting a baby voice enhance your characteristics? If not to appeal to a younger audience?
My point is that she knows what she doing with this fake voice shit. She should stop its stupid.

Also, Can someone please confirm that I am actually in the "trash" a guru section? :? Why are the fans in the rave section?

EnidColeslaw
Debater
Debater

Post by EnidColeslaw »

Blair Gilbert wrote:I'm not the biggest Marzia fan, and by that I mean I don't watch her a lot, but I saw her 4 million Marzipans video and felt kinda offended. I've never participated in any giveaways or even commented on them but somehow I have the urge to comment on hers. What the hell is she giving away for 4 million subs??? Things she got from other people/companies! I belive it's all coming from her being kind, nice, bla bla bla, but helloooooo!? I feel like those boxes are the crap you put together when you're 12 years old, running around the house, trying to collect as much stuff as possible to give a friend who you don't even like that much! She made me realize that we all are just sheep, following all of these YTers, but all in all they don't give a sh** about us. (making that kind of money she could've done one box, a watch or a bag that's not 3 bucks on e-bay. Fleur has her flavs, but knows how to say thank you to her subs)
Just came here to say the exact same thing! Like she can't afford to go out and buy some cool stuff to give away. 4 boxes of crap which has clearly all been given to her. The fashion box is the worst, 2 of her old ugly dresses (which aren't exactly going to suit everyone) and what looks like a primark bag! Nice one Marzia, way to be generous.

Creme

Post by Creme »

To say that more annoying gurus such as MacBarbie07 give away macbooks and cute stuff, it's a little disappointing. Her and Felix must have a ridiculous amount of money, she could at least give away something that she BOUGHT.

TrollDoll
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TrollDoll »

Ridiculous! She bought very pricey things to give to her rich friends clothesencounters and Graveyardgirl and take those cheap ugly things to do a giveaway.

theboxer
Debater
Debater

Post by theboxer »

Yeah, I don't see why she's giving away her USED gratis things. I'm sure most of her income would be considered disposable since I would assume Pewds takes care of most of their living expenses. I don't see why she can't invest a couple hundred dollars for some nicer prizes.

Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Oubliette »

Those boxes are crap.

Stuff she was sent, used dresses, random stuff that she probably had laying around and didn't use, the DVD's don't even look new to me (they usually come wrapped in plastic). Overall... WTF? This is supposed to be her 4,000,000 subs giveaway?

I didn't mind her at all but this is such a slap in the face to her subscribers.

CHEAP! :-?

AN-94
Learner
Learner

Post by AN-94 »

And what the heck... she's giving away those crackers she bought from Japan???

LexiPorter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LexiPorter »

Beware! A wild Marzipan approaches.

:roll:

fries
Talker
Talker

Post by fries »

I was surprised to see the contents of the boxes, I didn't think she was like this at all. I'd have expected her to put a lot of effort and care into something like a giveaway, but everything was half assed ("this book is the second one in the series whoops oh well", "this movie isn't my favourite but it's ok") or was sent to her. Gross.

gizcorn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gizcorn »

pinkbows wrote:I'm starting to think she doesn't give a shit about YT anymore.

Yeah, Pewds did a quiz video today as well similar to hers, and he even admitted it was an "easy" video in his words. AKA Lazy-as-fuck. Her videos in the past year have gone down in length and quality so much. I honestly can't remember the last video I saw of hers that was useful or even memorable, they all seem to meld into the same cutesy shtick recently.

idontknow

Post by idontknow »

I was thinking that about the book too! She couldn't have bothered to go get the first one and then sent out both? She put absolutely no effort into these at all, I was seriously expecting way more from them. Once she started going through them, I was kind of taken aback.

walkinonadream
Learner
Learner

Post by walkinonadream »

The juggling balls made me laugh the most. Girl must've really been struggling to find something :lol:

Return to “CutiePieMarzia”