Your Regrettable Makeup Choices

Adele FlapBag
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Your Regrettable Makeup Choices

Post by Adele FlapBag »

What unfortunate things were you doing with makeup until you learned better?

I had an instagram/concealer eyebrow phase. But not an arguably well applied instagram eyebrow. thick, opaque, squared off sharpie brows, no gradient/fade. Concealer to sharpen the line. 2013 was a dark time for me.

I also had a lot of really tragic, droopy looking winged liner attempts before accepting that a liquid liner cat eye is NOT gonna fucking happen on my hooded eyes, lol.

Chunky_Cocoa
Learner
Learner

Re: Your Regrettable Makeup Choices

Post by Chunky_Cocoa »

In high school, I tried to use a cheapy $1 black eyeliner mixed with chapstick as lipstick. That sucker bled ERRYwhere.
And also in high school, I decided I only needed like 3 eyebrow hairs on each eyebrow, so for like a year and a half I was walking around with black sharpie chola eyebrows.
And all through high school, I tried to make cakey powder foundation work on my super dry skin that I didn't know how to moisturize. Face flakes anyone?
And there was also that one time in high school that I wore SUPER winged out eyeliner for senior photos, like past my eyebrows. It was really heavy and looked super ridic.
High school was a bad period in my beauty journey.

jamielyn
Learner
Learner

Post by jamielyn »

Omg I remember in high school I would put WAY to much blush on without blending it or wearing foundation!! I hate to even write this because it's so embarrassing :-| But hey we learn from our mistakes right!? :tu: I never did cat eye because I remember when I tried the first time it looked so bad I was like eff it not even going to try. But I do like wearing it now. I've mastered the cat eye :D

sillyrabbit
Learner
Learner

Post by sillyrabbit »

When I was 13 or 14 I saw something about highlighting, so I decided to try it and I ended up applying white glittery eyeshadow under my brows. The white glitter on my browbones was all the make up I wore as well, so there was nothing to distract from it.

sfg

Post by sfg »

At the beginnings of my 9th grade emo phase, the only makeup I wore was thick black eyeliner on the lower lashline only. But it doesn't stop there, oh no. I extended it out, just a straight line, you couldn't even call it a wing. A straight line until just past my eyebrows. Sometimes I would just do it on one eye, too. I was super edgy, you guys. Good lord. I also often would put three little dots underneath my eye, kind of as a substitute for the anti-eyebrow piercing I desperately wanted but my parents wouldn't let me have (thank you Jesus for good parents). I also got really into eyeshadowsluts if anyone remembers that, and I would attempt to recreate their looks but I knew nothing of proper brushes, application, or blending so I looked a damn mess.

High school was fun.

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

When I was like 15 I'd wear cheap bronze and gold eyeshadow and extend it into a super Egyptian cat eye thing. I must have looked so weird. At school I'd wear super dark, nearly black plum lipstick and didn't wax my brows. I didn't wear blush and I just looked pale and severe. No wonder people were scared of me.

woopidydoo
Learner
Learner

Post by woopidydoo »

I used to collect MAC during High School (Thanks to Xsparkage and Kailyn :tu: :rofl:) so I always did different makeup looks and wore them to school. I think I'm really good at makeup luckily but one eye look I kind of regret is Bright Fuchsia pigment all over the lid with Liquidlast Liner in Aqualine.

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

- Waiting way too long in life to get my brows waxed/shaped/tweezed. I didn't realise not everyone who went to waxers had sperm or chola brows
- Skipping blush and bronzer for too long; especially bronzer - it really adds dimension and keeps my from looking like a creepy baby doll
- Wearing heavy coverage foundation when I didn't need it. I didn't (and still don't) have perfect skin, but I could've gotten away with light foundation or BB cream or TM and a good concealer for spots.

Post by Guest »

i wore too much foundation in high school. i also used to wear this frosty light blue gel-like eyeshadow to line the bottom of my eyes. shockingly, i got compliments on it, but it is something i regret so much. high school sucked. :|

badbitchlikethis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by badbitchlikethis »

When I first started getting into makeup, I would wear like HOT PINK blush and nothing else. No foundation, no concealer... it looked absolutely horrible with an uneven skin tone. I already have redness in my skin, I realize now that pink blushes are NOT my thing.

Rosewynn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosewynn »

Glitter 'eye shadow'. It was so much of an eye shadow as it was like a clear jelly with glitter in it. Oh, Jr. High. lol

Also as soon as my mom said I could wear liquid foundation I applied it like 5 times a day...for no real reason. I just liked putting it on I guess. I can't imagine how cakey that whole situation was.

orilla

Post by orilla »

I remember when I was 13/14 I went through the heavy black eyeliner phase. Enough said.

mychelle+
Informer
Informer

Post by mychelle+ »

I think we ALL went through the heavy black eyeliner phase.

And I never blended my eyeshadow. ..........yeah..... it was bad.

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

mychelle+ wrote:I think we ALL went through the heavy black eyeliner phase.
Truth! I remember once i was sitting in the library in middle school and i had like... silver eye shadow, thick black eyeliner, and glitter with my bad skin, and my friend turned to me and said "Wow you look like a skank!"

But she was right :lol:

Minayoki
Learner
Learner

Post by Minayoki »

Yep.. Heavy eyeliner on the top and bottom that was the worst makeup mistake i could do. I think I'm slightly scarred by that experience. Thats why I don't line my waterline whatsoever and i make sure I do a skinny line on the top.

orilla

Post by orilla »

Minayoki wrote:Yep.. Heavy eyeliner on the top and bottom that was the worst makeup mistake i could do. I think I'm slightly scarred by that experience. Thats why I don't line my waterline whatsoever and i make sure I do a skinny line on the top.
Same here. Any heavier and one look at my face brings back baaaad, bad memories. *shiver*

CMonroe

Post by CMonroe »

- I always used to match my makeup with my clothes;
- When I had really light platinum blonde hair, I always had my brows way too dark. For some reason, I loved it...

monochrome
Debater
Debater

Post by monochrome »

during freshmen year i used to pack on alot of powder. even if i didnt need to touch up my makeup i just packed more powder on which caused me to break out.

Ankylosaurus
Learner
Learner

Post by Ankylosaurus »

^ I had the exact opposite problem... not using ANY powder to set my foundation until junior year in high school. To make matters worse, I always used to wear the most oily foundations, slathered on thickly too.

Also, "raccoon eyes". That's what happens when you're a fourteen year old wannabe scene-queen. :? Those were dark times...
Image :love2: Image

AntoniaLauren
Lurker
Lurker

Post by AntoniaLauren »

When I was like 13 I thought wearing a thick line of black eye liner under my eye and no mascara on the bottom lashes was a good look. To make matters worse, the eyeliner I had was intended for SMUDGING! By the end of 2nd period, oh man, the eyeliner was maybe 3/4 of an inch smudged down my under eye area. I wasn't goth or anything, but I was trying to copy those girls on tumblr with the super heavy eyeliner/mascara.

Return to “Make up & Beauty Discussion”