kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Your Regrettable Makeup Choices

Post by kayleeee »

Lip gloss with actual glitter in it.
Eyeliner only on the bottom lash line and water line (bc I couldn't line my top lashes).
Then said eyeliner being neon blue.
Plucking my eyebrows like crazy

And not going to a counter to get my foundations matched.I would always buy paler then I think I need.
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

AliCat
Informer
Informer

Post by AliCat »

OH I'm having flashbacks to when I was 12 and wore hot pink eyeshadow with nothing else...

Also 9 year old me thinking a dark red lip was super cool. To be fair, I do wear a dark red lip now (but it's probably more appropriate at 24!!).

Can I throw in a regrettable purchase though? Unpopular opinion - L'oreal True Match in the new formulation. Looks AWFUL on me.
Relaunched my blog due to a love of writing & beautiful things.

alli-lane.com <3

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

- Stark black eyeliner all around my eyes in 8th grade. At least around high school I improved slightly by using a smudgey kohl liner instead of just the harsh line lol.
- Really bright, crazy eyeshadow...which people actually liked back then, but my skill wasn't really that great yet so looking back on it now I cringe
- Shaving my eyebrows. I had about 5 hairs on each eyebrow and for some reason thought "ah yes this is correct and looks wonderful"
- I used to do eyeliner cobwebs coming off of my eyes. So #spoopy and #ultragoff
- In high school, plucking my eyebrows so they were pretty thin and had an insane arch to them that didn't suit my face, and then filling them in 5 shades too dark. Not quite sharpie brows, but so close

batbanana
Learner
Learner

Post by batbanana »

1. Using a pinkish-red lipstick as eyeshadow. And it had glitter. I remember a guy from my class asking me if I had lipstick on my eyes AND I LIED. Lol

2. Shimmery eyeshadow in a variety of pastel tones (pink was my favorite) without blending, nothing on the crease, just a very badly done winged liner

3. The too-much-black-eyeliner phase. I used to line my waterline, tightline and all around my eyes with a black pencil without foundation or concealer. Just to make things worse, I have very small eyes and HUGE dark circles. It was tragic.

4. My visual kei phase. Everything I did, especially the ombre lips in black and purple :?

5. This is not really a makeup regret, but anyways. Some years ago I dyed my hair a light auburn and kept my eyebrows in its natural color: BLACK. It was awful, and I decided to switch back to dark hair.

bettibulb
Informer
Informer

Post by bettibulb »

I remember buying one turquoise matte eyeshadow and using it on its own ALL OVER MY LID haha thank god there's no pictures.
I would buy fashion magazines and try to recreate models makeup and oh well I was quite the visionary mixing bright colours with NO blending whatsoever.
I had my emo phase where I would wear black eyeliner in my waterline and it would smudge so much. I wouldn't remove it with makeup remover cause I thought that black smudge looked so good :respekt: but I used to get compliments on this look lol I hope it wasn't so bad.
I started using foundations at 18 and I deeply regret it, lol I think my first two foundations were pretty orange, I was matched NC35 at MAC and I am NC 15/20 lol... I had such nice skin before using foundation... Since using it my pores have enlarged and I've gotten lots of texture.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

No one taught me how to apply makeup so...I had a lot of mistakes...

-Orange foundation (I obviously didn't know my skin tone)
-Horrible, unblended smokey eyes
-Thick thick black eyeliner around my top and lower lid
-Cartoon eyebrows. My mother used to call me Joan Crawford cause I'd literally draw them on SUPER thick :x

Going through old profile pictures on FB is honestly so embarrassing. Who let me out like that?

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

Hmm let's see.

Using RED lipstick as blush.
Lining almost half my lid with black liquid liner.
Using scented lip glosses which resulted in an allergic reaction.

MajesticPopcorn
Learner
Learner

Post by MajesticPopcorn »

When I was about 14, I started using mascara. I have quite long eyelashes naturally and I did this weird thing - I would only put mascara on top lashes and zero on the bottom ones. I thought that I looked weird with mascara on a bottom lashes and kinda like an anime character (I have big eyes :D). Now, when I look back I can't believe how stupid I was.
Eyebrows... oh jeeezzzzz. My hair is brown, but my eyebrows are naturally reallyyyy light. I started filling them in with cheap eyebrow pencil and they looked ridiculous :? :? :? . Thank God that now I use powder and shade that actually suits me and is not ten shades too dark.
Also, I remember, that when I was about 11 or 12 I bought this dark plum color lipgloss and actually wore it. I believe my mom thought that I was an idiot, but she didnt say anything ( thanks mum :? )

honeybun
Learner
Learner

Post by honeybun »

I used to have shimmery cream eyeshadow that I would wear in a light pink colour or baby blue. No primer or anything so of course about half hour in it would be all gathered in my crease looking like poop. I also would only line my waterline really heavily with black liner but hardly any mascara and also no liner on my actual lid. I also used to rock a lot of frosty pink lipsticks and glitter lip gloss and I didn't wear any foundation or concealer I was literally just badly made up eyes. :?

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

Adding more detail to my mistakes...

Yeah. I'm super duper fair, like nearly porcelain and I swear to god every face product I bought was either too orange or too yellow, even if it was the lightest shade. I'd apply it with my HANDS, not even a brush, with my HANDS and of course I didn't blend very well and I always had a foundation line because I never paid attention to my neck :x So, I'd be walking around the halls at school with my too dark foundation, my huge, uneven cartoon eyebrows, and probably some really bad eye looks. I loved dark eyeshadow, and my favorite was this really dark shimmer grey and I'd put it all over the lid and then put black in the crease. THEN I'd top it off with black eyeliner all around.

To make matters even worse, I dyed my hair jet black. I literally looked like a Jersey Shore cast member.

alicia101
Talker
Talker

Post by alicia101 »

During the first year of High School, when I moved to another city by myself due to the courses I wanted to take, I started hanging out with this girl called Amber. I had never been much of a makeup girl, mostly because my parents were kind of strict but also because I was more into fashion, but Amber was a pro (according to 16 year old me). She did my makeup all the time when we became best friends, and she even introduced me to Kylie Jenner (I cannot believe how uneducated I was on the social media network back then, haha). Anyway, when we hung out and had sleepovers in the middle of the week almost every week, my brows looked flawless. However, I was just getting started on the whole makeup thing, so I went and bought myself an eyebrow pencil. In about three shades too dark for my naturally strawberry blonde hair...

Whenever Amber wasn't there to help me, I just painted them harshly with the pen as if I was a three year old holding a pen for the first time, and my brows looked horrendous! However, I couldn't see anything wrong with them back then, but now when I look at the old pictures I cannot help but laugh. I had those eyebrows when I met my now domestic partner and three years later we both laugh at how ridiculous (but cute, according to him) it looked! :D

spillsthetea
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by spillsthetea »

here's me, age 13, prepped for the 8th grade end of year dance. smeared pink lip gloss and bright blue eyeshadow! you look great, kiddo. knock em dead! in just 2 years, you'll be slaying to the eyeliner gods. :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

V O L U M E
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by V O L U M E »

In 8th grade I went tweezer happy and ruined my naturally thick eyebrows. Sophomore year I would use my Too Faced Naked Eye Palette (throw back) and thought I was a pro applying eyeshadows smh. I would also apply black eyeliner on my bottom lid looking like a raccoon. It wasn't until my senior year I learned how important eyebrows were. Of course for a good 2 years I had made them horribly overdrawn. I looked like a hot mess.

Stacie Anne
Debater
Debater

Post by Stacie Anne »

In comprehensive school, I had my elmo phase. Thick black eyeliner, under my eye only. Not on the waterline, right under the lash line & super thick (like 5mm thick, no joke).
Literally pure white foundation (cheers Stargazer) slapped all over my face with my fingers.
Dark purple glittery lipstick. No.

All of these mixed together with my super cool emo haircut & unplucked brows? Yeah, I looked FAB.

MeMiMee
Lurker
Lurker

Post by MeMiMee »

My first foray into makeup was stage makeup for the ballet when I was in grade school/junior high. So.... when I hit high school and started wearing makeup more regularly for events and such, I always wore really thick, black eyeliner all the way around my eyes, because.... I guess I thought that looked good? Why did no one tell meeeee!

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

I have fair skin and I used to contour with bronzer. Not just any bronzer, but a shimmery, orangey bronzer, Milani baked bronzer in Soleil. I thought I was SOOOO POPPIN but one day I realized I looked crazy T_T

Return to “Make up & Beauty Discussion”