MAKEUP TIPS :)

kbismillah
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

MAKEUP TIPS :)

Post by kbismillah »

Whilst using makeup I'm sure everybody finds or discovers some awesome tips !!
How about we swap tips and ideas !!!

-I put a tissue on my lip and dab powder after applying lipstick to make it last all day !
Works a treat x

insta:Kbismillah

sillyrabbit
Learner
Learner

Re: MAKEUP TIPS :)

Post by sillyrabbit »

I apply lipliner after lipstick. I feel like it blends more nicely and I find it easier to correct the shape of my mouth with the liner if the lipstick is already on.

That's about all I've got...

ExpectoPatronum
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ExpectoPatronum »

It's not so much a groundbreaking tip but just what I do!
I always do my eye makeup first, not my foundation. That way, if I mess up my liquid eyeliner I can just wipe it with a cotton bud and start again without ruining foundation! Also helps with fallout seeing as I can wipe it away easily :).
I also curl my eyelashes before and after mascara, I feel it holds the curl better!
Enviado desde mi GT-I8160 usando Tapatalk 2

eevee
Informer
Informer

Post by eevee »

Similar to yours, ExpectoPatronum, I usually like to do my mascara first before my eyeshadow, and my eyeliner first before my eyeshadow as well, so that my mascara or eyeliner doesn't mess up the eyeshadow!

kbismillah
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by kbismillah »

eevee wrote:Similar to yours, ExpectoPatronum, I usually like to do my mascara first before my eyeshadow, and my eyeliner first before my eyeshadow as well, so that my mascara or eyeliner doesn't mess up the eyeshadow!
Haha you know what ..I do the same..
Im not ggnna risk my entire eye makeup only to have mascara mess it up :)

ExpectoPatronum
Gossiper
Gossiper

Hahaha yeah, makes life a little easier doesn't it :) I can't think of any more tips!

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

Everyone probably knows this already, but: a light dusting of a translucent powder over primer and before eyeshadow helps a lot with the blending process. And if you're like me and like to wear a primer + a eye pencil/creme base - putting on the primer, then using a translucent or skin-colored powder, then applying the pencil/creme base over that will keep any creases from happening. I used to get creases all the time before adding in the powder between the two.

ExpectoPatronum
Gossiper
Gossiper

hollaatmegurl wrote:Everyone probably knows this already, but: a light dusting of a translucent powder over primer and before eyeshadow helps a lot with the blending process. And if you're like me and like to wear a primer + a eye pencil/creme base - putting on the primer, then using a translucent or skin-colored powder, then applying the pencil/creme base over that will keep any creases from happening. I used to get creases all the time before adding in the powder between the two.
Ooh, I'd actually never heard of that!! I must give it a try hehe! :tu:

Rhiannonpiper123
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Rhiannonpiper123 »

i like to put my foundation on first then my eyeliner. then if you would like all the eye shadow then i feel like doing the mascara last as it always darkens my eye palette a bit. a good skin cleansing product is honey. and if you would like hair darkening product use black coffee :) or henna

ohnok
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohnok »

If my foundation gets too dark for my skin, I'll add moisturizer. I'm not going to buy two different shades of foundation. My skin doesn't change that much.

I don't apply multiple coats of mascara. It always confuses me when gurus do this. I just get as close to my lash line as possible and wiggle the wand and work up. And do this a couple times and my mascara looks really thick and doesn't clump.

Everyone does eyeliner different. I say don't stress about it. The more I worry about it the worse it looks. Haha

northiscalling
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by northiscalling »

I've noticed that eye makeup primer helps my concealer stay on more than it ever does with just face primer. I put that under my concealer for my dark circles and it magically disappears and then my concealer stays on much longer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vlogathon
Informer
Informer

Post by Vlogathon »

We definitely need a thread like this since most of youtube is a bunch of sellouts.

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kayleeee »

I take a light colored eyeshadow and use that as an eye shadow base after primer, and then I sweep it under my eyes and up my cheek bones to brighten that area a bit.

I also recently started taking the eye lash comb (thats usually on the other side of a brow comb) and using that before and between mascara layers.
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

Japanlover666
Informer
Informer

Post by Japanlover666 »

Contouring with bronzer is a big no no it makes you look muddy

chickennugget
Talker
Talker

Post by chickennugget »

Mascara getting on eyeshadow doesn't have to be a big issue! Just take a clean, dry q-tip and wipe away the mascara after its dry. If its waterproof it may leave a tiny mark but nothing noticeable (unless someone is closely examining your eyes while they're closed... But that's kinda weird anyway). You can also put a little more product on after if its too prominent. The q-tip shouldn't take off any product except the mascara. Always works for me. :)

Also, if you're putting mascara on your bottom lashes and have issues with the top lashes touching your brow bone, do your bottom lashes first to avoid transfer.

arledgemacdoff01
Stalker
Stalker

Post by arledgemacdoff01 »

Always melts your pencil liner before applying as it provides a beautiful look to your eyes, and use a spoon as a stencil for the perfect shape.

Return to “Make up & Beauty Discussion”