Heels In Public?

xsmall
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Heels In Public?

Post by xsmall »

I like how my body/outfits look in heels and I like how many heels look, so I often wear them. I generally don't care if anyone reacts negatively to it, but sometimes dislike when it leads to remarks on my body, even if it's a compliment. I feel like people comment more on a person's body if they're wearing heels.

SuperSmashPeach
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by SuperSmashPeach »

i'm surprised you ladies can walk in high heels.. i have ordered my first heels 2 days ago and they came today, they fit perfectly. but... i knew this isn't gonna be easy for me. so i had this idea to practice 'walking' to the konbini store. it's just around the corner. god, i walked 200meters and went back home and changed back to my flats. so i maybe walked 400meters and i admire you ladies. they are not tight but my feet hurt like crazy and the ball of my feet felt weird because they had to hold all my weight. that was insane x.x it felt like i am not even walking with my own feet.. (if you are scared of flying and you know the feeling of relieve when you finally feel solid ground under your feet again - that's how i felt after taking them off after 400meters of walking.

i have some sandals with heels but it's not a single heel, kinda like a 'sole heel'. idk how you call that.. it's not a 'stick heel'. i probably sound like an idiot because idk the names for different heels.. :? but anyway, they are too small so i can't wear them :|

anyway, my horror story of today, thanks for reading :D

(and i mean it, I ADMIRE YOU FOR BEING ABLE TO WALK IN HEELS. :tu: )

annethb
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by annethb »

Edit to remove quoted advertising link

Heels are fashion dresses the best partner.
Last edited by tar on Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to remove quoted advertising link.

Post by Guest »

I have definitely noticed I get stares when I wear heels, which I do almost every day. I just love them and I like they way they make me feel and my body and posture looks better too. Usually when I'm walking around campus I get stares because I guess I look a little too dressed up, but I don't really care. I love them and I wear what I want :love2:

Elizabeth
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Elizabeth »

AnnaWintour wrote:I have definitely noticed I get stares when I wear heels, which I do almost every day. I just love them and I like they way they make me feel and my body and posture looks better too. Usually when I'm walking around campus I get stares because I guess I look a little too dressed up, but I don't really care. I love them and I wear what I want :love2:
Hahah, I feel the exact same way. I'm pretty tall (5'11) and I love wearing comfortable heels. I strongly believe that every woman looks better in a good pair of heels, and I doubt that @chickennugget can look just as good in flats. To each their own indeed!

I look at girls who are wearing heels because I always think, 'YOU GO GIRL, YOU LOOK AWESOME!' Especially when I see another tallette wearing them, they just look so... I don't know, ethereal I guess? I hope no one takes my gaze as an insult. Seeing women like @AnnaWintour wearing heels on campus gives me the confidence to rock them as well.

Case in point.

And to answer OP (even though this thread is so old) that Walmart sounded like it was full of mothers. They usually seem to be the most judgmental when it comes to fashion, I suppose it's because they can't be bothered and their mind is on their family and home. I spoke to this young mother who started to fall into that "I have no time to look good" mindset. She agreed that there isn't an excuse to not dress well. Personally, I feel more confident when I'm well dressed and, if I were in a long term relationship, I would definitely take the time to dress well for my partner. I would expect the same in return, of course. ;)

I love wearing comfy leggings and baggy hoodies when I'm just popping in for some bread at the supermarket but I'm not a bitter bitch who judges some girl who wore heels to the supermarket for whatever reason. Like seriously, women tear other women enough as it is, no need to be apart of it.

Return to “Shoes”