vivian vo-farmer

Jenin
Informer
Informer

Re: vivian vo-farmer

Post by Jenin »

Naija21 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 4:33 pm
As someone who has suffered from depression since age 15 and is currently 20 and still dealing with abandonment from family, social anxiety, and confidence I wanna slap this girl over my phone screen. She is making a fucking mockery of real severe depression and is posting a princess cupcake version of it to garner sympathy from her juvenile fan girl subscribers who solely like her for her looks. This is the same girl that has gone years without ever replying or responding to comments on her channel. Her personality and "talent" has never been the reason for her success. She never showed any type of depth or substance to her videos so I don't buy it.
How is she making a mockery of it by sharing her experience? What is so "princess cupcake" about it? Just because her previous content has mostly been shallow and focused on her looks, that doesn't make the issues she'd struggling with any less real.

birdsong
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by birdsong »

I didn't want to start a war here but.... I don't buy it either. I mean, I believe she must be very sad, but doesn't she realize a lot of it is her own doing? That's what happens when you date fuckboys, give up college, have no concrete plan, and move to another state away from your family?? Though I think she lost her way and definitely needs to find direction in life. She talks about isolation and being a hermit but wasn't she posting herself having the time of her life at coachella?? Anxd I always see her out and drinking in her ig stories. I just think a lot of youtubers hide behind mental illness and use it to absolve responsibility because no one can even question it without being attacked.

inb4 "she could be masking it, you dont know, you can't *look* depressed blah blah blah" yes i know from personal experience.
edit: i see some people are already proving my point lol

Jenin
Informer
Informer

Post by Jenin »

birdsong wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 4:59 pm
I didn't want to start a war here but.... I don't buy it either. I mean, I believe she must be very sad, but doesn't she realize a lot of it is her own doing? That's what happens when you date fuckboys, give up college, have no concrete plan, and move to another state away from your family?? Though I think she lost her way and definitely needs to find direction in life. She talks about isolation and being a hermit but wasn't she posting herself having the time of her life at coachella?? Anxd I always see her out and drinking in her ig stories. I just think a lot of youtubers hide behind mental illness and use it to absolve responsibility because no one can even question it without being attacked.

inb4 "she could be masking it, you dont know, you can't *look* depressed blah blah blah" yes i know from personal experience.
edit: i see some people are already proving my point lol
What is it that you don't buy exactly? That she's depressed? Please explain what you mean by that.
Even if her decisions contributed to her depression, that doesn't make what she's struggling with any less real. I can see how moving away from family and dropping out of college can leave someone feeling lost so that probably did contribute to things, but that doesn't take away from her being depressed. I don't follow her on social media so I'm not familiar with what she regularly posts, but she did say that she'd regularly drink as a way to numb herself, so going out and drinking could have been her trying to cope.

staliban
Learner
Learner

Post by staliban »

ofc she pulls the mental health card to excuse not making videos. and all the whiteknights and sjws will come to defend her. she could post on instagram all this time but not a simple apology or explanation for not uploading?

Jenin
Informer
Informer

Post by Jenin »

staliban wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:35 pm
ofc she pulls the mental health card to excuse not making videos. and all the whiteknights and sjws will come to defend her. she could post on instagram all this time but not a simple apology or explanation for not uploading?
She's always been lazy with uploading, but I think I'd rather see her not post anything than make a video every several months with a half assed apology and an empty promise of more videos to come like Kalel does. Has she said anything on IG about uploading, like empty promises of videos?

happygolucky
Talker
Talker

Post by happygolucky »

I don't buy it either. Everyone has some form of depression, and especially when things like paying student loans, working 2-3 jobs to make ends meet and battling chronic illness are involved. Maybe she is depressed, I don't doubt that all youtubers and social media influencers are to some extent, but a lot of it is self-inflicted. She chose to party it up at UW, going to frat parties and meeting fuckboys. She never interacts with her followers who have supported her from the beginning. She up and moves every few months, only posting here and there to make money. She completely sold out on YT...then followed her bf to a new state where she's basically a stay at home trophy non-wife, save for the occasional sponsored trip. She partied it up at Coachella less than a month ago, recently came back from another tropical vacation and has been posting a SHIT TON of holier-than-thou inspirational quotes on her IG story. All of which really screams "living my best life". Sure she's homesick, and maybe it's not easy making friends as an influencer in the Bay Area, because most people actually hustle for a living and have real careers in tech...it's not exactly the influencer hub that LA is. I'm tired of her constant excuses. Her YT channel and following are just a cashgrab.

LaurieShelby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LaurieShelby »

In the description box she said tha she's seeing a therapist and that she doesn't want to take medicines bc she wants to seek for other kinds of help without getting medication. I mean idk about there but here in spain as soon as you are diagnosed with anxiety, depression anything like that the firsy thing they try to do is put you into medicines. I know some people don't want to but if they see that the anxiety or depression are on the first stage they recommend that, and if they are more develop they put you on meds right away. maybe vivian is starting but she said that this has been going on for two years, but i think if she's that bad she should try meds, just based on experience

PocusHocus
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocusHocus »

LaurieShelby wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:15 am
In the description box she said tha she's seeing a therapist and that she doesn't want to take medicines bc she wants to seek for other kinds of help without getting medication. I mean idk about there but here in spain as soon as you are diagnosed with anxiety, depression anything like that the firsy thing they try to do is put you into medicines. I know some people don't want to but if they see that the anxiety or depression are on the first stage they recommend that, and if they are more develop they put you on meds right away. maybe vivian is starting but she said that this has been going on for two years, but i think if she's that bad she should try meds, just based on experience
It’s not like that here, at least not from my experience or my friend’s. For both of us, in different parts of the US, behavioral and talk therapy was recommended first before medication.

LaurieShelby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LaurieShelby »

PocusHocus wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:17 am
LaurieShelby wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:15 am
It’s not like that here, at least not from my experience or my friend’s. For both of us, in different parts of the US, behavioral and talk therapy was recommended first before medication.
oh okay, then it makes sense then bc it's different from here. Anyways i hope therapy helps her.
Did she move again? why is she constantly moving?

Naija21
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Naija21 »

Every fucking beauty guru who posts sponsored half ass videos as soon as they reach a large following starts claiming they have depression or anxiety because they were always attention seekers from the get go. This girl is boring and vapid asff but because she has long hair, and youth by her side, teenage girls flock to her channel because they need someone to inspire their naive impressionable minds. I started watching beauty gurus at age 12 and I remember thinking these people were "my idols" and "role models" but now at age 20, I can sincerely say that I don't view them that way anymore and thank god. I was naive and young minded asfff. These girls are materialistic, shallow, superficial, and vapid airheads who will lie about ANYTHING just to get sympathy and attention from people on the Internet and the gag is that they ALREADY get this amount of attention from tgeir families, friends, and irl but they need more because they're ego maniacs. Social media, large subscribers bases, and fast money will really reveal these persons true characters and that's what it's done with a lot of these young 15-27 year old beauty gurus/YouTubers.

seacuddle
Debater
Debater

Post by seacuddle »

don't really like her new hair, imo her long brown hair made her look uniquely beautiful, now she has the same haircut as every other instagram girl. although i can understand long hair is really annoying.

mxraclouds
Learner
Learner

Post by mxraclouds »

^ I agree. Vivian's natural brunette hair made her a stunner and unique to me. I love the new cut and when she first dyed her hair blonde, but this one is a little too bright for me? Idk. I loved the new recent hair at first until I saw a photo of how it looks in natural lighting. I wish she'd ditch those fake green contacts though. Idk, I just wish she still looked how she used to. She still hasn't addressed the implants, and I guess she never will. I don't see anything for her to be ashamed of... if that's what she is.

happygolucky
Talker
Talker

Post by happygolucky »

Agreed the new hair doesn't suit her. I used to think she was a down to earth girl but now she's just like every instathot out there. Implants, contacts, fake blonde hair, fake tan, always posting in bikinis because they don't do anything all day except lounge around the house and do "aesthetic" things

chena
Informer
Informer

Post by chena »

I've only watched a few of her videos and it's like watching paint dry. She's dull and just boring af. I get the impression she hates doing YouTube but doesn't have any other way to make money.

LivingInElysium
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by LivingInElysium »

She bought 'em, so she's gonna flaunt 'em.

IMG_1203.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Should've. Would've. Could've. Should of. Would of. Could of. Should have. Would have. Could have.

ImageImage

happygolucky
Talker
Talker

Post by happygolucky »

She's so shameless now about her boobs. I cant believe her fans still dont believe she had a boob job lol. Her IG is now just a collection of herself in bikinis and bralettes, she's officially an insta-thot

Naija21
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Naija21 »

happygolucky wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:10 am
She's so shameless now about her boobs. I cant believe her fans still dont believe she had a boob job lol. Her IG is now just a collection of herself in bikinis and bralettes, she's officially an insta-thot
I keep saying this too. Young girls in their 20s(I'm 21) getting BBL's, boob jobs, lip fillers but deliberately deceiving their naive young teenage followers about it. They're never transparent. Aidette Cancino who I grew up watching since high school now has triple double DD's and now alk she does is wear extra small tops and oversexualize herself. These girls only have their looks to offer and they can skip the whole 'hardworking YouTuber' act because they only have 'success' and followers because of their looks and young girls flock their channels.

LaurieShelby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LaurieShelby »

She is getting worst and worst everyday, she used to be natural in the beggining but now she is another wannabe baddie and that’s sad

htrvng
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by htrvng »

I know this is random but my sister and I live In the same apartment complex as Vivian and my sister was a big fan of her before meeting her in person. 🤮 we’ve seen her countless of times and every time my sister says hi when she sees her (walking her dogs) or at the nearby pub she shrugs her away and does the awkward hello and that’s it. She’s definitely not friendly. I’ve seen her at the gym as well because I work from home. I used to gym at our apartment complex around noon (when it’s dead) and one time I saw her posing in the gym making her boyfriend take countless photos only to yell at him for not “getting the right lighting”. She kept sticking her ass out to work certain angles and when he said he couldn’t see much of her “ass” she got upset and made them leave. Lol she didn’t even work out... everything is so fake for youtube. I never saw her at the gym after that day btw lol. And I go 4-5 times a week. My brother also saw her walking her dog one day and he said “wow you have cute dogs!” And she heard him, proceeded to put her headphones on, and turn the other way. Lol. And we were the only ones on the street during that time. It was still light out, so yes she heard us and saw us. 😂

purplehazee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by purplehazee »

htrvng wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:50 pm
I know this is random but my sister and I live In the same apartment complex as Vivian and my sister was a big fan of her before meeting her in person. 🤮 we’ve seen her countless of times and every time my sister says hi when she sees her (walking her dogs) or at the nearby pub she shrugs her away and does the awkward hello and that’s it. She’s definitely not friendly. I’ve seen her at the gym as well because I work from home. I used to gym at our apartment complex around noon (when it’s dead) and one time I saw her posing in the gym making her boyfriend take countless photos only to yell at him for not “getting the right lighting”. She kept sticking her ass out to work certain angles and when he said he couldn’t see much of her “ass” she got upset and made them leave. Lol she didn’t even work out... everything is so fake for youtube. I never saw her at the gym after that day btw lol. And I go 4-5 times a week. My brother also saw her walking her dog one day and he said “wow you have cute dogs!” And she heard him, proceeded to put her headphones on, and turn the other way. Lol. And we were the only ones on the street during that time. It was still light out, so yes she heard us and saw us. 😂
^wow really? that's horrible. a lot of people give brenden shit because they say he's using her, but poor guy gets treated like crap because he cant take a photo?

Return to “V-Z”