Criticism goes here. :tu:

matte
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: KathleenLights

Post by matte »

xyz wrote:lol last time i tried to make a trash thread for kathleen it went to the rave section...
Haha, really? Well, there are a handful of vocal critics in the rave thread now, so it seems like this thread is warranted. I suppose the mods will move it or lock it if they feel it's appropriate.

INdifferent
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by INdifferent »

She's boring! I watched a couple of her video's but what's the fuss about her? I don't get it. She's not a trainwreck or anything but let's just say calling her vanilla but would be a compliment.
Please bear with me, English is my second language

cantstopwatchingyt
Learner
Learner

Post by cantstopwatchingyt »

xyz wrote:lol last time i tried to make a trash thread for kathleen it went to the rave section...
I've actually seen not one, but TWO threads for Kathleen (made by two different people) get moved to the rave section. So I'm not surprised "criticism" has been happening over there because it seems to be the only place people are allowed to talk about her lol. Maybe a mod here really likes her? Idk.

causeiwontsing
Talker
Talker

Post by causeiwontsing »

I actually looked for her thread last night to see what people think about her. I love her! She's down to earth. People saying she's boring... y'all get mad when people act hype and call them fake.. but when they're calm and act like themselves you're mad too. Where is the perfect medium? She's chill. And adorable.

CassieAnne
Informer
Informer

Post by CassieAnne »

She's very ordinary-looking to me. She's attractive, sure, but there's nothing special

andthensome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by andthensome »

In general I like her, but I can't stand how she plays up her accent randomly throughout her videos...it's very distracting

Learnthehardway
Learner
Learner

Post by Learnthehardway »

She is slowly turning into dulce87
Please excuse my awful grammar.

UniicornSparkles
Informer
Informer

Post by UniicornSparkles »

I like her videos, but from what I see in the comments and have heard from other GGers is that she hardly replies to anyone in the comments... I know once you get so many subscribers it can be hard to comment to everyone, but there's very few she replies back to... I hope that all made sense :p

Elyezabeth
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Elyezabeth »

I hate the so-excited-almost-hyperventilating act she puts on in almost every video where she's reviewing something she REALLY REALLY REALLY LOVESS OH MY GAHD YOU GUYSSSS. Stop. It's painfully fake. You can express excitement without this level of overreaction.

BirdsInATree
Talker
Talker

Post by BirdsInATree »

For the most part I like her, but there's something that's been bothering me about her tutorials. She never seems to apply concealer on the inner corners of her eyes. And a pet peeve of mine that I've seen her and other Youtubers do is apply their inner corner highlight without applying concealer first. Where you can see the bluey-purple shadows underneath shimmery eyeshadow. Am I making sense? Idk its really stupid and insignificant but it bothers me for some reason. :|

(This is after she's applied concealer.)

* reposted from the rave thread one I realized someone had made a trash thread

INdifferent
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by INdifferent »

causeiwontsing wrote:I actually looked for her thread last night to see what people think about her. I love her! She's down to earth. People saying she's boring... y'all get mad when people act hype and call them fake.. but when they're calm and act like themselves you're mad too. Where is the perfect medium? She's chill. And adorable.
You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled mine :tu:

Someone doesn't have to be hyped up to be interesting, nothing she does makes me want to click on her video's. You're welcome to rave about her in the rave section.

Anyway, I watched one video of the metallic geek eyeshadows, what's up with the new disclaimer thing, I've seen a lot of youtubers suddenly admitting they're affiliates and info about clicking on their links?
Please bear with me, English is my second language

shopgirl26
Learner
Learner

Post by shopgirl26 »

<3 her! Totally enjoy her attitude, I guess this is why she keeps going back into the "rave" section! lol

UniicornSparkles
Informer
Informer

Post by UniicornSparkles »

BirdsInATree wrote:For the most part I like her, but there's something that's been bothering me about her tutorials. She never seems to apply concealer on the inner corners of her eyes. And a pet peeve of mine that I've seen her and other Youtubers do is apply their inner corner highlight without applying concealer first. Where you can see the bluey-purple shadows underneath shimmery eyeshadow. Am I making sense? Idk its really stupid and insignificant but it bothers me for some reason. :|

(This is after she's applied concealer.)

* reposted from the rave thread one I realized someone had made a trash thread
That's not stupid at all! I notice it too :) I have pretty bad dark circles and putting concealer on the inner corners alone can make me look more awake and healthier. I don't get why these gurus forget to put concealer there :p

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

I liked Kathleen when she first started out and was much smaller. Then she gained a bunch of subs, quit her job, and became a bore. I think she's a cute girl, but the accent really is annoying as heck!! It is most definitely put on. She wants hispanic viewers and I think that's why she does it.
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

imnotfatimbigboned
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by imnotfatimbigboned »

I am new to her channel and I get a hint of young chola wanna be accent from her versus a classic Mexican accent similar to Dulce's. Its not hardcore either its slight.

Avalicious
Talker
Talker

Post by Avalicious »

I'm sorry, but ragging on a Cuban girl for her accent and calling it fake is extremely ridiculous. A lot of times when people get worked up or excited about something the accent naturally gets stronger. She may have spent some time with her family who have very strong accents and absorbed it a bit too. Do Southerners sound too southern or British people too British? Come on.

imnotfatimbigboned
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

I grew up around people that truly have a Mexican accent from Mexico and people who have what is called a cholo/chola accent and I can tell the difference. Those of you who can relate know what I am talking about. ;)
This is why I said slight accent. Not hardcore.

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

It is pretty ridiculous that people keep complaining about her accent. It isn't "chola" vs mexican. SHE IS CUBAN! There is a difference. I am Puerto Rican (which is also different than mexican and cuban! Imagine that.) She has always had a Cuban accent, but at times it comes out more due to excitement, being around her family, or she plays it up. I personally have always found her refreshing among so many fake gurus. That being said, I have found a lot of her tutorials lately to be boring. I liked her electric palette looks because they were different and for me wearable. Now she just does the same look, warm tone, similar colors. She even admitted it in a recent video, but then uploaded a similar tutorial right after.

imnotfatimbigboned
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

^^^I wasn't complaining or ragging on her about an "accent" whether its Cuban or Mexican I could care less how she speaks. I simply stated that it sounded 'KEYWORD SOUNDED' cholo-ish and only slight imo. It reminds me of the punk girls I went to high school with who hung out with cholos. Fine she is Cuban-YOU'RE RIGHT. I will give anyone who challenged my opinion a cheeseburger for clarifying CUBANA now. :horse: Leave my ass alone.

Return to “KathleenLights”