JAMbeauty89

mychelle+
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JAMbeauty89

Post by mychelle+ »

This is really interesting because Jessica was my absolute favorite YouTuber. I thought she was genuine and funny - something so rare in today's YouTube community. I loved that she was relatable.

However, I have been noticing subtle changes. I feel like she's VERY giggly and almost over-the-top. It just seems a little forced, which is such a shame.

loljokesss
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by loljokesss »

I still really enjoy Jessica and her videos... I've just been... questioning certain things lately aka the bra/underwear sponsorship when she clearly would not have shown those if she was not sponsored - I just don't see that in her personality. However, it was sweet of her to give the things she didn't like to her friend (or family member? I don't recall which one).

Otherwise, I still think her videos are quite good among smaller Youtubers. Some of her organization videos are really interesting. I also like the 'What is in my Everyday Makeup Section' of her makeup collection. Those types of videos are something I don't see in my subscription box all too often among gurus. Also motivates me to change up my makeup routine and try the newer things in my collection so the product isn't wasted.
:toss:

littlegrey
Learner
Learner

Post by littlegrey »

I like her, and I don't think she belongs in the Trash section. True, I'm not really that interested in that many of her videos anymore because it seems like they've become mostly subscription boxes or things she was sent, but she is light years above other YTers. She finished school, has a job independent from doing videos, and even though I am put off by how frequently she pimps out her fiancé's channel I think it's nice that she found someone that suits her so well.

brightestbuzz
Learner
Learner

Post by brightestbuzz »

littlegrey wrote:I like her, and I don't think she belongs in the Trash section. True, I'm not really that interested in that many of her videos anymore because it seems like they've become mostly subscription boxes or things she was sent, but she is light years above other YTers. She finished school, has a job independent from doing videos, and even though I am put off by how frequently she pimps out her fiancé's channel I think it's nice that she found someone that suits her so well.
I agree, I don't think she belongs in this section yet.. but I do see how much her channel is changing. I found her on accident months ago and started watching all of her videos from the beginning. She immediately became my favorite youtuber of them all and the first one I ever even sent a message to you because we had so many things in common with teaching and musical theatre. Now her channel is definitely going by the sponsored side. I still enjoy her reviews and unboxings (honestly her enthusiasm is the cutest) so I'm hopeful that it will all pick up again. I don't see much posted about her but I know she caught wind of it cause she's posted about it on Instagram and such, which made me feel bad cause I do still like her. But if it's just because of the sponsorships and stuff then hopefully she'll take that criticism constructively.

earmuffal
Learner
Learner

Post by earmuffal »

I saw her instagram too and that's what lead me here. She's my favorite guru and I like her enough to follow her on twitter and instagram, and get an account here (I love this site so much already!!!!). I know this is the trash section but I like her a lot. She is mature yet still cute. I totally respect that she has a teaching job and I love her unboxing videos too :) Yes she promotes products and her fiance, but don't they all? I'm kinda glad that she's receiving products because she probably could not afford to get them on her own, not a lot anyway, and her channel wouldn't be so fun to watch.

Hihotintin
Informer
Informer

Post by Hihotintin »

My only problem is she gets all of her subscription boxes for free and I don't think she was really that upfront about it until recently.

xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by xyz »

Jessica is sooo fake now! I used to watch her in the beginning her giggling and excitement is all over the top and put on..she giggles and squeals every two seconds along with making shit tons of faces now...also like already mentioned that bra sponsorship was something she done for the money and not something she would have showed on her own. 97% of her vids are sponsored and/or pimped out products that she barely discloses...

I also didnt like the fact she shit all over MAC in a sponsored vid for the ebates but then turned around and bought MAC products to sell the ebates site...if you think MACS CS or shipping policy is so shitty as she claimed why is she still buying their products? pathetic

Ive also noticed she rolls her eyes more and more about products and stuff her viewers send..like handmade cards and shit...she belongs in the trash section.

thebombdotcom
Debater
Debater

Post by thebombdotcom »

christylynn6
Learner
Learner

Post by christylynn6 »

xyz wrote:Jessica is sooo fake now! I used to watch her in the beginning her giggling and excitement is all over the top and put on..she giggles and squeals every two seconds along with making shit tons of faces now...also like already mentioned that bra sponsorship was something she done for the money and not something she would have showed on her own. 97% of her vids are sponsored and/or pimped out products that she barely discloses...

I also didnt like the fact she shit all over MAC in a sponsored vid for the ebates but then turned around and bought MAC products to sell the ebates site...if you think MACS CS or shipping policy is so shitty as she claimed why is she still buying their products? pathetic

Ive also noticed she rolls her eyes more and more about products and stuff her viewers send..like handmade cards and shit...she belongs in the trash section.

Nooooooo! Don't bring Jessica into this crazy mess! She doesn't deserve it.

xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by xyz »

christylynn6 wrote:
xyz wrote:Jessica is sooo fake now! I used to watch her in the beginning her giggling and excitement is all over the top and put on..she giggles and squeals every two seconds along with making shit tons of faces now...also like already mentioned that bra sponsorship was something she done for the money and not something she would have showed on her own. 97% of her vids are sponsored and/or pimped out products that she barely discloses...

Nooooooo! Don't bring Jessica into this crazy mess! She doesn't deserve it.
Well if you watch her vids you will see it...she's fake and sponsored...also known as a sellout. She didnt have to take sponsorships and play like she pays for all these monthly boxes herself..turn up her obnoxious 50 levels etc..considering she has a job as a TEACHER...she could have turned down pimping out a bra on her channel too..but nahhh she's greedy and she acting fake and lame for the money

mychelle+
Informer
Informer

Post by mychelle+ »

She's gotten pretty negative lately - I noticed it after her engagement.
Since then, she can't stop putting the word "fiance" into all of her sentences. It's obnoxious.

And she does that stupid sighing thing after everything and it's like STOP.

andsheleft
Learner
Learner

Post by andsheleft »

I absolutely LOVED Jessica until recently. I've been watching since her very first upload. I sent her a message on FB (on her very first page, which she soon deleted to start a 'fan' page) about a year ago and told her that I loved her attitude, and that I felt like she was the only person on Youtube who I could actually trust to give me real opinions. She responded with a long paragraph and told me that the youtube community was full of people selling their souls for a free lipgloss, and that she hoped she would never be that way. I didn't respond back, but completely agreed with her and it was so refreshing to me to hear her stance on it. But ever since she finished college her channel has become nothing but a stream of sponsored crap. She said on Instagram that she ALWAYS discloses what has been given to her for free, but that's just not true. Like the underwear close ups a month or so ago. Jessica NEVER would have posted that last year. And did you see her most recent Ipsy vs Boxycharm video? She ranted like crazy about how Boxycharm sends her the boxes for free but she was really upset that they stopped sending them to her and she didn't want to have to pay for them to get them. It just bugs me when I had been with her since day 1, and she's becoming exactly the kind of youtuber she always used to say she didn't want to be. I wish she'd take these posts as constructive criticism rather than the bullying she is portraying on instagram.

mychelle+
Informer
Informer

Post by mychelle+ »

andsheleft wrote:I absolutely LOVED Jessica until recently. I've been watching since her very first upload. I sent her a message on FB (on her very first page, which she soon deleted to start a 'fan' page) about a year ago and told her that I loved her attitude, and that I felt like she was the only person on Youtube who I could actually trust to give me real opinions. She responded with a long paragraph and told me that the youtube community was full of people selling their souls for a free lipgloss, and that she hoped she would never be that way. I didn't respond back, but completely agreed with her and it was so refreshing to me to hear her stance on it. But ever since she finished college her channel has become nothing but a stream of sponsored crap. She said on Instagram that she ALWAYS discloses what has been given to her for free, but that's just not true. Like the underwear close ups a month or so ago. Jessica NEVER would have posted that last year. And did you see her most recent Ipsy vs Boxycharm video? She ranted like crazy about how Boxycharm sends her the boxes for free but she was really upset that they stopped sending them to her and she didn't want to have to pay for them to get them. It just bugs me when I had been with her since day 1, and she's becoming exactly the kind of youtuber she always used to say she didn't want to be. I wish she'd take these posts as constructive criticism rather than the bullying she is portraying on instagram.
I couldn't agree more.

andthensome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by andthensome »

Just started watching this girl- I like her for the most part, but I feel like she says "which I Looooove" after almost everything. If you watch her everyday makeup drawer videos it becomes really obnoxious, although I do like the everyday makeup drawer series.

EstimatedTimeArrival
Debater
Debater

Post by EstimatedTimeArrival »

i was subscribed to her for a short time last year and im with you guys she was refreshing at first but then you just noticed her little laughs & expressions are repetitive. In one video she said something like she was in a play or into acting then they was she was coming off made sense & i just unsub'd cuz her upbeatness just seemed forced like she was auditioning for a roll in friends lol

andthensome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by andthensome »

Her and her fiancé are so nauseating in my opinion... I couldn't even get through two minutes of the boyfriend tag

TeeLee
Learner
Learner

Post by TeeLee »

Her channel has definitely changed, and not for the better. She has become a typical wannabe beauty guru. She's always looking at her view finder. What I dislike the most is how she has her Boxycharm vs Ipsy videos. I personally think you shouldn't compare a $10 subscription to a $21 subscription.

mychelle+
Informer
Informer

Post by mychelle+ »

Her channel has completely changed and it's becoming more obvious.
She seems so fake now (which SUCKS because she used to be so down to earth). She takes things for granted and is playing that "girl next door" too much. She keeps talking about how she doesn't make that much money and how she's a teacher but it's like... you don't have to mention it in every single video.

xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by xyz »

^^ which she is also bullshitting about...i guarantee she is making way more than she is letting on.

mychelle+
Informer
Informer

Post by mychelle+ »

I'm watching her January makeup favorites and she seems so... snobby?

Return to “Jessica Braun”