Youtubers & Project Pan / Project Panners

shermansown

Re: Youtubers & Project Pan

Post by shermansown »

Can you direct me to any of those? And also I am wondering about what the difference between a project pan and a makeout is. Thank you!! :love2:

CassieAnne
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Project Panners

Post by CassieAnne »

Do you watch any youtubers who participate in Project Pans?
For those who do not know, Project Pan is when you pick some items to finish or hit pan on. It's usually done with makeup items but can be done with anything. There are many variations of the rules.

Pinksofoxy is one of the most popular gurus to participate. But the community seems to be growing daily.

Vorny13
Learner
Learner

Re: Project Panners

Post by Vorny13 »

I'm addicted to project pans at the moment . The only thing I don't like is that quite a few of the videos are difficult for me to watch with the bad lighting/quiet voices ect.

vanillablue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillablue »

Pinksofoxy is someone I only watch for her declutter videos never for her project pan and she seems so boring and bland.

Project Pan was created by the great (she doesn't do videos anymore) Lollipop26 who was a makeup guru on Youtube as a way to limit your spending. Basically you'd have to use 10 products from your makeup etc before you could make any purchase. There are blog posts, forum posts and youtube videos on it. However, the you tubers of today have preferred to have their own ideas on project pans (as a way to stop hoarding their makeup, get rid of things, get their moneys worth etc). Some choose to stop spending others don't. The best Project pans I've seen are where people have limited their spending or have been on a no buy (the initial idea). I used to watch a lot of You tubers doing Project Pans but sadly the monotonous routine bores me sometimes.

I think this girl is good Jade Foreman https://www.youtube.com/user/JadelovesMakeup11/videos

she doesn't upload that much, hasn't been mentioned in the community but is very independent and organised it seems (has lists etc) and I don't think she started off with half empty products to begin with. I think if you are doing you first project pan its better to start with half empty products as a way to motivate you...

Some of the ones I watched in the order I found them
Sushiflower
JessicaMaykeup
Megsmakeup8
xoxofoodie
Faithers K
AmberF
Str3wberry Sweet
DolleupDaisy24
PrettyPistol86
ThriftyBeauty
Angela Skar
Ellinessmakeup
CourtneyK
ElleS
Michelle Vixena
Miranda Peirce
Zoe L

I only watch some of the above mentioned... :tu:

vanillablue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillablue »

Vorny13 wrote:I'm addicted to project pans at the moment Image. The only thing I don't like is that quite a few of the videos are difficult for me to watch with the bad lighting/quiet voices ect.
Try your own Project Pan its fun! Its nice seeing others use their things but do it for yourself so that it benefits you if needed.

Vorny13
Learner
Learner

Post by Vorny13 »

vanillablue wrote:
Vorny13 wrote:I'm addicted to project pans at the moment Image. The only thing I don't like is that quite a few of the videos are difficult for me to watch with the bad lighting/quiet voices ect.
Try your own Project Pan its fun! Its nice seeing others use their things but do it for yourself so that it benefits you if needed.
I'm attempting it with a few bits but I find it difficult to use the same eye make up twice in a row lol. I'm nearly through two lip glosses and I'm using body/bath products up before I buy anymore. The downside is my colleagues think I have a obsession as I discovered I'd got 25 mascaras. Trying to get through some of those before I'm allowed to open my UD perversion or they're real.

Vorny13
Learner
Learner

Post by Vorny13 »

Thanx for the list. I'm going to have a youtube night me thinks tonite

CassieAnne
Informer
Informer

Post by CassieAnne »

vanillablue wrote:Pinksofoxy is someone I only watch for her declutter videos never for her project pan and she seems so boring and bland.

Project Pan was created by the great (she doesn't do videos anymore) Lollipop26 who was a makeup guru on Youtube as a way to limit your spending. Basically you'd have to use 10 products from your makeup etc before you could make any purchase. There are blog posts, forum posts and youtube videos on it. However, the you tubers of today have preferred to have their own ideas on project pans (as a way to stop hoarding their makeup, get rid of things, get their moneys worth etc). Some choose to stop spending others don't. The best Project pans I've seen are where people have limited their spending or have been on a no buy (the initial idea). I used to watch a lot of You tubers doing Project Pans but sadly the monotonous routine bores me sometimes.

I think this girl is good Jade Foreman https://www.youtube.com/user/JadelovesMakeup11/videos

she doesn't upload that much, hasn't been mentioned in the community but is very independent and organised it seems (has lists etc) and I don't think she started off with half empty products to begin with. I think if you are doing you first project pan its better to start with half empty products as a way to motivate you...

Sushiflower
JessicaMaykeup
Megsmakeup8
xoxofoodie
Faithers K
AmberF
Str3wberry Sweet
DolleupDaisy24
PrettyPistol86
ThriftyBeauty
Angela Skar
Ellinessmakeup
CourtneyK
ElleS
Michelle Vixena
Miranda Peirce
Zoe L

I only watch some of the above mentioned... :tu:
nice list! i watch some of those. who don't you watch? :lol:

CassieAnne
Informer
Informer

Post by CassieAnne »

vanillablue wrote:
I've done a couple. i haven't been very dedicated to it though. i'm tempted to try it the way it was supposed to be, with a no buy

v_illa
Informer
Informer

Post by v_illa »

the thing I dislike with a lot of the smaller project panners is the poor camera quality, my web cam definitely isn't that bad. Here are some that haven't been mentioned that are doing declutters/ finish 6 by christmas

lovinlife723
petitepearstyle
risingwater (not great camera quality)
Itskeerstin (is doing declutters but not at the rate she does hauls)

Anonimal
Talker
Talker

Post by Anonimal »

I love project pan videos! I'm actually trying to project pan some of my own stuff, so it's kind of an inspiration. Thanks OP :D

CassieAnne
Informer
Informer

Post by CassieAnne »

Anonimal wrote:I love project pan videos! I'm actually trying to project pan some of my own stuff, so it's kind of an inspiration. Thanks OP :D
Who do you like to watch? :) :)

Anonimal
Talker
Talker

Post by Anonimal »

CassieAnne wrote:
Anonimal wrote:I love project pan videos! I'm actually trying to project pan some of my own stuff, so it's kind of an inspiration. Thanks OP :D
Who do you like to watch? :) :)
I tend to watch whatever I can find, but these are some I've seen recently:

I tend to bounce around though; I watch whatever is recommended.

bluebird
Learner
Learner

Post by bluebird »

i watch a few
strawberrysweet
prettypistol
amber f
thegallowaygirl
glamourwithgrace

it seems like i've been buying more makeup ever since watching project pan vids tho, so i may have to stop watching them. :shock:

CassieAnne
Informer
Informer

Post by CassieAnne »

bluebird wrote:i watch a few
strawberrysweet
prettypistol
amber f
thegallowaygirl
glamourwithgrace

it seems like i've been buying more makeup ever since watching project pan vids tho, so i may have to stop watching them. :shock:
i definitely bought more after watching some too :lol: oooops

vanillablue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillablue »

CassieAnne wrote:
Sushiflower
JessicaMaykeup
Megsmakeup8
xoxofoodie
Faithers K
AmberF
Str3wberry Sweet
DolleupDaisy24
PrettyPistol86
ThriftyBeauty
Angela Skar
Ellinessmakeup
CourtneyK
ElleS
Michelle Vixena
Miranda Peirce
Zoe L

nice list! i watch some of those. who don't you watch? :lol:
well I'll say whose videos I look forward to :) sushi flower, angelaskar, ellinessmakeup, courtneyk, michelle vixena. I liked the way jessicamaykeup talks about her products in her empties. (some things are annoying but I like her feedback its unfiltered).

vanillablue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillablue »

v_illa wrote:the thing I dislike with a lot of the smaller project panners is the poor camera quality, my web cam definitely isn't that bad. Here are some that haven't been mentioned that are doing declutters/ finish 6 by christmas

lovinlife723
petitepearstyle
risingwater (not great camera quality)
Itskeerstin (is doing declutters but not at the rate she does hauls)
A few weeks ago I had to turn rising water off because of the quality of her videos. I managed to watch about half of her empties video but I feel like the project pan community influence each other so much its getting ridiculous. They have no originality with their products its always what someone else uses...

vanillablue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillablue »

Vorny13 wrote:
vanillablue wrote:
I'm attempting it with a few bits but I find it difficult to use the same eye make up twice in a row lol. I'm nearly through two lip glosses and I'm using body/bath products up before I buy anymore. The downside is my colleagues think I have a obsession as I discovered I'd got 25 mascaras. Trying to get through some of those before I'm allowed to open my UD perversion or they're real.
well done with the lip glosses :) With your mascaras you could try layering them (my friend uses 3 at once to make her lashes look wow!) but you could use two.

vanillablue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillablue »

bluebird wrote:i watch a few
strawberrysweet
prettypistol
amber f
thegallowaygirl
glamourwithgrace

Thats true. It makes you feel like having that much is the norm. But have you see how much they have to her rid of? its like bags and bags. Project pan was created to help you save money and make use of products before you allowed to buy ant more not you know do project pans buy at the same time or 'spend less' and then whilst doing them you think .... ohh I like this I'll buy it and 10 other things when its finished...err hello? whats the point of doing the project pan? alot of them fail to notice there will be new things and they'll like to try them out.....

All of the above mentioned have tonnes and tonnes of makeup. Ive seen Ambers collection and its slightly less. I don't know why I can't stand glamourwithgrace. Fake annoying voice perhaps and she acts like she's already in heaven.

vanillablue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillablue »

I hope no one steals this idea and puts it on youtube but the ladies on moneysavingsexpert http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho ... ?t=5125361 have a monthly thread on the products the want to use. once they get to a reasonable amount guess what?! 'they've 'graduated!' . I think its a fun idea to do instead of buying loads and loads.

Moving on...Project Pan seems like its turned into Makeup Rehab except some patients don't really know the real meaning of Rehab we could call them the Lindsay Lohan's of the makeup world...

Return to “Beauty Guru General Discussion”