kowabunga
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Thrift Thick

Post by kowabunga »

This girl needs a thread.

I discovered her through the essiebutton forum, where she was recced as a good replacement for old Essie. At first I found her a bit OTT and rambly but now I really like her. She seems genuinely nice and funny, honest in her opinions and actually makes useful product reviews. I also like that she a) has a life and b) doesn't shy away from speaking her opinion regarding sponsorships, shilling and other stuff big beauty gurus do. Her cat is a bit annoying, though, and I find it a bit sad that she doesn't go thrifting anymore.

Does anyone else watch her?
"Money corrupts people. And free body wash." lips

VeronicaSawyer

Re: Thrift Thick

Post by VeronicaSawyer »

I love her! Discovered her from the essiebutton forum as well. She's very honest, relatable, and pleasant to watch.

MelliBelli09
Informer
Informer

Post by MelliBelli09 »

She's great! So down to earth and relatable. She's also really funny.

i_cant_even
Talker
Talker

Post by i_cant_even »

I watch her. I also saw someone post about her here on GG. I find something about her personality is very endearing and enjoyable to watch. Her reviews are honest and she normally well thought out and explanatory. Even though I have a very different style than her I enjoy watching because of her "realness" and honesty.

RecurringTroll
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by RecurringTroll »

Oh, I love her! :D I stumbled across her videos when searching for reviews of Maybelline concealers. Her sense of humor is so great, which is something I find lacks with most beauty gurus. Even though her videos can get lengthy, I find her endearing, so I don't get bored while watching. She's also very honest about expensive products and how some are needlessly/ridiculously expensive. XD I think it's a bit odd when beauty gurus are just casually like, "Yep, so this single eyeshadow is $45..." o_O

losali
Learner
Learner

Post by losali »

I love her too!!

She is so refreshing and I love her eyes and the little thing on her bottom lip (does anybody know what Im talking about? Haha).

But sometimes I would love to see her hair without out the wild curls around her face. But one the other side I love that she doesnt look like a barbie.

And she always wears the coolest shoes... she has so amazing flats OMG.

yetanotherlurker
Informer
Informer

Post by yetanotherlurker »

Agreed that she can get a bit rambly but I honestly like those kinds of videos/YouTubers because then I can have them on while doing something like the dishes and not have to worry too much about missing something terribly important. It also feels more personal and less like an ad… which, speaking of ads and sponsorships, have any of you seen her newest haul video? Around the 5:40 mark she rips some Chinese wholesale company that sent her stuff a new one :rofl:

[youtube][/youtube]

kowabunga
Informer
Informer

Post by kowabunga »

Haha ikr? When she said they'd asked her, my first reaction was "noo, please no sponsorship!" But then she's all like "DON'T BUY THERE GUYS, the customer service is a nightmare, the articles are super cheap, don't waste your money on them!" and I was like "That's my girl!" :D

Too bad that Adore Me shop is in the US, I'm always on the lookout for nice lingerie and their stuff looks quite pretty.
"Money corrupts people. And free body wash." lips

yetanotherlurker
Informer
Informer

losali wrote:She is so refreshing and I love her eyes and the little thing on her bottom lip (does anybody know what Im talking about? Haha).
Her eyes really are pretty; I wish she would wear her glasses less because whenever she does a video with her contacts in you can actually see how gorgeous they are! :love2:

What thing on her bottom lip are you referring to?? I guess I haven't noticed anything.

TeaMonster
Talker
Talker

Post by TeaMonster »

Oh I'm glad I found this thread, as I also heard about her from Estee's thread and mentioned it yesterday. Wow! I guess we have to thank Estee and her thread for something nice that came out of it! haha

I love watching her videos, and to be honest, I do not have the same style of clothing or makeup and I'm not a fan of cats, but I actually subscribed to her channel and watch her videos! This is how it is done. This is how youtube should be. I mean I have absolutely nothing in common with this girl but I watch all of her videos and enjoy them. That says a lot I think. I have never ever subscribed to any youtube channel (except like Jimmy Kimmel, Tonight show, etc), and she is the only girl I ever subscribed to and watch for real, not hate/watch to then come to GG for some laughs and comments haha.

I agree about her hair. I 'm not sure why she styles it that way with the curls, I think she looks waaaaay better without them. And yes, she really does have gorgeous eyes!

andthensome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by andthensome »

Also came here from the Essiebutton thread! I've been watching her videos since someone mentioned her there, and at first I was put off by her Minnesota accent which drives me crazy (it still does) but I'm still drawn to her because she's so relatable and genuine. I agree that she talks about her cat too much, but her reviews are really good, and I love her stance on sponsorships! Another thing is that I wish she would go out more in Boston and enjoy the sights, but that's just my opinion. All in all I really enjoy her videos though, and always look forward to her next upload.
Anyone else really like how she does her monthly favorites with the pyramid? Unlike some people who only give positive, glowing reviews, hers are really well balanced.

wind84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wind84 »

I'm so glad I found this thread. I adore her! She seems like someone that you could be friends with.

yetanotherlurker
Informer
Informer

andthensome wrote:Anyone else really like how she does her monthly favorites with the pyramid? Unlike some people who only give positive, glowing reviews, hers are really well balanced.
I completely agree. It's always nice to get reviews that are more than "this stuff is AH-maaaaazing!!" or "I don't know why I like this product, but I just do teehee I'm so cluelessly quirky!!!". :roll:

holly golightly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by holly golightly »

I love how brutal she is about her opinion of youtubers and their obvious sponsorships, especially in her recent video.

Pinkie1205
Informer
Informer

Post by Pinkie1205 »

She is hands down my favorite youtuber. She is so relatable and human. I love her reviews where she wears the makeup all day and "takes you with her". Her outfits are adorable.
She has a life and you can tell she just loves making videos.
When I first joined this group, I looked for a bashing thread for her because I wanted to see if anyone had anything bad to say about her. I'm glad I didn't find one!

Sent By Owl

madaronincheese
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by madaronincheese »

I've been watching Cassie for a few months and I have to say she has become my favorite youtuber. I 100% trust everything she has to say.

Also is it bad if I kinda hope her channel stays small? Its so much better this way :)

CandyCastles
Informer
Informer

Post by CandyCastles »

Pinkie1205 wrote:She is hands down my favorite youtuber. She is so relatable and human. I love her reviews where she wears the makeup all day and "takes you with her". Her outfits are adorable.
She has a life and you can tell she just loves making videos.
When I first joined this group, I looked for a bashing thread for her because I wanted to see if anyone had anything bad to say about her. I'm glad I didn't find one!

Sent By Owl
I checked for a bashing thread too! When I saw another YouTuber I really like in the Trash A Guru boards I thought "oh no, is Cassie there??" but I was happy to find she isn't!

She's just effortlessly likable and relatable in a way I think a lot of YouTubers try, but fail, to achieve. She's down to earth and I truly believe she is giving her honest opinion on things. I like that she's not afraid to say she's changed her mind on something too, or to say "I love this and it's a great product! But at that price point? Nope."

And I love that she doesn't use YouTube as an excuse to have a billion products. She has a lot of lipstick and shadows, but nowhere near what some people have and she actually uses them all in a pretty good rotation. I never feel like I see a product raved about once and then never again. When it comes to other quick-to-expire things like foundations or concealers she only gets so many for reviews and makes sure to use them all up (even if she didn't love them) before buying more. That's part of what makes her relatable for me, she knows her budget, knows her style, and knows her speed.

Plus, I love the music she uses in her videos.

Aqus
Debater
Debater

Post by Aqus »

I love how she's always charged with good energy and is smiling !

thatsranunculus
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thatsranunculus »

I'm glad Cassie gets so much love here! I guess I can understand why some people might not like her—she's chatty and offbeat and her videos are usually pretty long, and that's not for everyone. But those are all reasons I adore her, that and her much-lauded frankness about crappy products and sponsorship. Plus, I mean, Galileo. <3 I'm glad she doesn't seem to see YouTube as a career, and that she's so serious about her education and real-life career goals. She definitely has the brains and wherewithal to stay grounded! (OT, but I live in Boston and am also finishing up work on an MFA in the arts, though a totally different discipline, right now, so her videos this semester in particular have totally mirrored my own life, which is weird/delightful.)
"Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's lies. It's probably lies."—Michelle Wolf

honeydripper
Learner
Learner

Post by honeydripper »

I adore Cassie! She is definitely my fave YouTuber - she is so honest, delightful and fun! Her videos are so well made, like the 'first impressions' ones interspersed with shots of car/train rides. She is just so nice and has remained herself (ie; not done any sponsered reviews) Love her!

Return to “Thrift Thick”