UglyFaceOfBeauty Part 10

FrozenLeaves
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: UglyFaceOfBeauty Part 10

Post by FrozenLeaves »

She may have had mental issues in the past and they might be there now. The fact of the matter is that she's obviously well enough to go around being a brat on social media, go on vacations, shop and throw her money away. To me the only real mental illness she has anymore is delusions of grandeur. She thinks she's some stunning inspiration, and God's gift to the planet when she hasn't done jack shit.
She could have moved out before now if she saved her money. The girl doesn't even have basic shopping smarts. Those aren't things to be proud of.
And having depression or whatever else is not an excuse for being a bitch.

agiev
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Post by agiev »

FrozenLeaves tells it like is...

Post by Guest »

FrozenLeaves wrote:She may have had mental issues in the past and they might be there now. The fact of the matter is that she's obviously well enough to go around being a brat on social media, go on vacations, shop and throw her money away. To me the only real mental illness she has anymore is delusions of grandeur. She thinks she's some stunning inspiration, and God's gift to the planet when she hasn't done jack shit.
She could have moved out before now if she saved her money. The girl doesn't even have basic shopping smarts. Those aren't things to be proud of.
This. I think a lot of us on GG live with depression too. It's almost a non-issue, really. I DO think Grace has it. I have it. I'm not better than anyone, but crucially I don't have a YT channel. It isn't up to her viewers to help her out. She has almost a duty of care to her subscribers to be honest and accurate if she wants to claim to be an advocate of self harm, eating disorders and mental health.

Like people have said, the way Grace pretends to wear a smaller dress size than she does, fat shames and generally lies about anything to do with her eating/weight to make herself look better IS damaging and people have gone on record to say that they feel like shit in themselves because of it. This is why Grace has no place on YT the way she is, and personally I don't think letting her off that behaviour because of depression is quite the right way to go.

giannabanana
Informer
Informer

Post by giannabanana »

FrozenLeaves wrote:She may have had mental issues in the past and they might be there now. The fact of the matter is that she's obviously well enough to go around being a brat on social media, go on vacations, shop and throw her money away. To me the only real mental illness she has anymore is delusions of grandeur. She thinks she's some stunning inspiration, and God's gift to the planet when she hasn't done jack shit.
Exactly! Before I was diagnosed with bipolar there were a couple of times where I was a pain in the arse and even though it was because of psychosis and I couldn't really help what I was doing/saying I still made sure that I apologised and make sure that I treat everyone with respect and try not to be rude and put other people down. Considering Grace said she went through years of bullying and still gets called names over the internet (I've never actually seen anyone straight up call her fat on her videos/instagram pics etc, they usually pick at her eyebrows or stink ass attitude), you'd think she of all people would be a nice person.
Speaking of the video now, must she eat with her mouth open and smack her lips. How does she not know it is rude and straight up disgusting to eat like that. Also, the over exaggerated reactions are annoying and she tries way too hard to be funny. The way she reacted to the sweets she didn't like was rude. She may not like them but it seems there are a country of people who do, so when you're saying you don't like something don't over exaggerate and insult other people's personal tastes.

Post by Guest »

greentea wrote:If I can't keep a running total mentally (or on my phone, sometimes that's a faff) when i do my food shop, i always round up to the next pound so i don't ever overspend and get a nice surprise at the till. I wouldn't DREAM of just bunging hamburgers and turkey dinosaurs (let's face it, that's all the meat she'll be buying) and Yankee candles into my trolley willy nilly.

I don't get how she can claim to have thus newfound sense of accomplishment and maturity when she actually CAN'T complete a trip to asda like an adult would.

Also, tweeting about going to ASDA? Life clearly doesn't get better.

Her moving out is the worst idea ever.
Me too, haha.

Grace has more money than sense.

geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by geekinthepink »

why in the world would she open every single piece of chocolate/sweets she bought in new york? why would you open and take a bite out of EVERYTHING?!

Post by Guest »

geekinthepink wrote:why in the world would she open every single piece of chocolate/sweets she bought in new york? why would you open and take a bite out of EVERYTHING?!
because watching her eat is a MUST SEE VIDYO plus you just know all of that chocolate got polished off after within the next 24 hrs anyway.

geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by geekinthepink »

greentea wrote:
geekinthepink wrote:why in the world would she open every single piece of chocolate/sweets she bought in new york? why would you open and take a bite out of EVERYTHING?!
because watching her eat is a MUST SEE VIDYO plus you just know all of that chocolate got polished off after within the next 24 hrs anyway.
probably. and I'm not sure if it's the camera angle or does she look even bigger now? might be the camera angle.

Marnie
Informer
Informer

Post by Marnie »

She's definitely put on more weight. You can tell in her face and neck.

edit to add:

I bet there won't be any clothes halls for a while as she must even realise she aint fooling anyone she's a size 14 at the moment.

bnm
Informer
Informer

Post by bnm »

funktofunky wrote:
I get that this is the "Trash A Guru" section (usually I love this part of the site and I've lurked here for quite some time now), but I had to delurk to say this comment comes off incredibly rude and judgmental. What you did at the age of 19 is amazing; however, everyone moves at their own pace. Sometimes life throws us curve balls and certain goals take longer to achieve.

I know people here sometimes question the legitimacy of her claims of mental illness (which pisses me off to no end; just because you never saw it on camera, doesn't mean it wasn't there), but for all you know she could have very well been affected by mental illness and it could have prevented her from doing things that you consider "basic" stuff. And as someone who has struggled with depression and anxiety for most of their adult life, I can assure you that moving out and starting your own life can be incredibly difficult; especially when there are days where just getting out of bed is a struggle.

Stepping off my soap box now.

*waits for someone to ask "Grace, is that you?"*
argh,, my reply wasn't posted I think

I get it, it can be difficult, but moving out at 25 is STILL BASIC. I too suffered from depression and anxiety and panic attacks most of my life, so let me assure YOU that it is absolutely possible to move out (if you feel well enough to work/study so you can afford it) and do a whole lot of other things. People do this aaaall the time. I've had periods of my life where I can't get out of bed, cant take a shower, or take the bus or go to the supermarket or talk on the phone. I would NEVER get in front of a camera and post youtube videos, go to concerts, do meet-ups etc. I'm finishing my degree soon and I'm extremely proud of that considering the circumstances but I know I'm no gift from god sent to inspire humanity.

Gracies priorities are completely messed up. If her mental illness was that bad I can't believe she's not taking time off youtube and social media.

Marnie
Informer
Informer

Post by Marnie »

TBH Moving out at 25 is basic! Especially when she had the means to do it years ago especially if she shared with a friend and didn't buy that bloody tacky mini! She pisses money away and I think living alone will be a huge reality check when she realises that her pay check is 80% bills and 20% frivolities. And 20% doesn't get you far in London when you aren't in leagues of Essie or BeautyCrush in subs. The girl only has under 200k subs I don't see her actually making much money and she isn't commercial enough to work with the big brands that the other girls get like Simple, Boohoo, L'oreal, Disney, misguided etc that actually pay thousands a video.

Edit to add, By 25 I was married had two kids and we had moved up the property ladder twice. So I just feel like moving to a flat after 25 years with your parents isn't that awe inspiring, it's just normal and expected by that age if not long before. Most people at least learn to live (washing, shopping, cooking, bill etc) without their parents supporting them at uni at the age of 18.

cuzisayso
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cuzisayso »

and here we go again...
its one thing to want a new shirt, or new pair of jeans etc.
but if you literally have to "restart" your wardrobe 2/3 times a year
maybe you need to start thinking of all the crap that you buy
or cheap fashion hypes that come and go,
if you have nice staples in your closet, and you buy some fashion hypes on the side to be "trendy" thats one thing
becasue in the end you still have your good staple pieces to work with
but only buying cheap trends and then whine you have to redo ur closet several times a year makes you look pathetic
:roll: a real grown women handling her finances in her grown office..way to go grace :tu:

whyamihereee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

UglyFaceOfBeauty Part 10

Post by whyamihereee »

cuzisayso wrote:and here we go again...
its one thing to want a new shirt, or new pair of jeans etc.
but if you literally have to "restart" your wardrobe 2/3 times a year
maybe you need to start thinking of all the crap that you buy
or cheap fashion hypes that come and go,
if you have nice staples in your closet, and you buy some fashion hypes on the side to be "trendy" thats one thing
becasue in the end you still have your good staple pieces to work with
but only buying cheap trends and then whine you have to redo ur closet several times a year makes you look pathetic
:roll: a real grown women handling her finances in her grown office..way to go grace :tu:

She needs new clothes because she doesn't fit (not that she ever did) in them anymore but she obviously won't say that. If she would though she would say something like "guys, I swear I became a size 22 overnight. I don't even know how that happened?" All this with sweets in her mouth.

bluebanana
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bluebanana »

If she is on a weight loss journey she should probably save her money? Does anyone remember a few years ago she did a haul and all the clothes were size 12 for when she lost weight? It's been deleted off her channel I think

Athii92
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Athii92 »

I just watched Sammi's new vlog where she moves out, and not gonna lie, her new house is even more gorgeous than the old flat! Even though she lived in Hampstead/Camden area and is now moving to what looks like a new-ish full blown house, i haven't heard her brag or promise endless 'house tours and homeward hauls' ?! Grace is just soo annoying :( :( :(

fairyzo
Talker
Talker

Post by fairyzo »

Ugh, her latest blog post (New York photo diary #3) is literally covered in typos. It's such a short post and she couldn't even be bothered to check it.

fairydust
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fairydust »

Athii92 wrote:I just watched Sammi's new vlog where she moves out, and not gonna lie, her new house is even more gorgeous than the old flat! Even though she lived in Hampstead/Camden area and is now moving to what looks like a new-ish full blown house, i haven't heard her brag or promise endless 'house tours and homeward hauls' ?! Grace is just soo annoying :( :( :(
Well here's the thing. Sammi has always been more modest than Grace. She's not one to brag and always down plays her major accomplishments.
Grace likes to act like she has accomplished so much and is an adult and, honestly, I think is trying to play catch up with Sammi so much she's over doing it to an extreme. Idk, Grace is being super annoying like she is with everything, and I hope it dies down soon.
:love2: I did not come to play with you hoes. I came to slay. :love2:

Jay
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Jay »

Wow! So she uses people's student discounts for ASOS?!! Lord this girl is shitty. Maybe she just shouldn't shop and save since she's living on her own now. But then again all she knows how to do is make haul videos :roll: not enough creativity in this one to come up with interesting videos.

cuzisayso
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cuzisayso »

2 words: disgusting, shameless

if you dont have enough money to spend on even more clothes :? :? to the point where you have to ask for other peoples students discount
maybe thats an indication that you just cant buy clothes this month (or untill you have some money)
i cant wait for this chick to go into serious debt.. as cruel as it sounds... imma laugh
but she has a office yall and an apartment..she is soooo groooown..... :roll: she is so laughable

savana1402
Informer
Informer

Post by savana1402 »

OMG! I thought ASOS was like paying her or something to promote them (I had to unfollow her on Twitter from the incessant tweets about asos/misguided) Surely asos would not allow her to be using a different persons student discount?! even if she's joking that is ridiculous!!! she is constantly going on about how she is amazed she got to work with asos and now she can't even afford to buy there???

Her living 'alone' is REALLY going to mess up her lifestyle. She will be flabbergasted at how much living costs and will be broke espesh living in London 'alone'. UGH

Return to “Grace F Victory”