How did you discover Kailyn?

Forum rules
Please Remember, Posting Personal Information is strictly forbidden (see rule 1F) - Violation can result in a warning and/or a temporary ban.
loracmegapro

Re: How did you discover Kailyn?

Post by loracmegapro »

i came to gg for piinksparkles and some other not as big gurus. lots of people have kai icons and signatures and i think someone linked her sub forum?
she and mooren are such messes that it's hard not to gossip about them.

ForeverStupid
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ForeverStupid »

skunkrock wrote:I was on ONTD years ago in a FFA(or some sort of off topic discussion, and someone posted this..

[youtube][/youtube]

So I decided to binge watch every ridiculous video on her and was completely dumbfounded by her.
^same. i used to love the ontd posts on her. i went from ontd to mf (rip bb) to here. am still astounded to this day by her sheer stupidity.

ForeverStupid
Learner
Learner

Post by ForeverStupid »

i also remember her posting all over myspace groups years ago. i don't think she was ever on mac_cosmetics (on lj) but she whored herself all over myspace. she would always ask dumb questions & then use the answers in her videos as if she knew it all.

mikasa90
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mikasa90 »

Was always seeing her in avatars and such on the old GG and here while I was a lurker. Didn't pay much attention until the rape scandal and then got hooked.

CokeZero
Lurker
Lurker

Post by CokeZero »

I used to be really involved in the makeup community on YouTube. I had a channel, did reviews, comparisons, giveaways and everything in 07-09. There was way too much drama within the community (it was right around when they started enforcing the the FTC statements in the sidebars (yes, sidebars), people figured out a lot of guru's were lying to them, etc) so I peaced out because it just wasn't worth it.

She's always kind of been the joke of the community and I just enjoy watching the trainwreck.

dulapeep
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dulapeep »

I've been watching her since probably 2011-2012? I found her through someone I followed on Tumblr who talked about her, then read MF and I've been hooked on the train wreck ever since

Mignonette
Debater
Debater

Post by Mignonette »

A friend sent me her ED article and it just... kind of snowballed.

candyfluff
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by candyfluff »

I feel this has been therapeutic for us all. We should have weekly meetings to support one another through our odd Kai habits. There are certain realities we face that people on the outside simply cannot understand...like a natural aversion to small shampoo bottles and a sudden onset of fear when certain food cravings emerge.
Grant me the serenity to accept the "gurus" I cannot change...

SUMMERTIMESADNESS
Informer
Informer

Post by SUMMERTIMESADNESS »

ONTD
Image Image

nightmanoeuvres
Informer
Informer

How did you discover Kailyn?

Post by nightmanoeuvres »

I've been on YouTube since 2009 and stumbled across her makeup collection back when it was the pink dungeon, it was the video where all of her makeup was organized in 6000 plastic drawer containers organized by brand like a damn drugstore cause she had so much.
I didn't think much except that she talked a little slow. I came on this sight, but I honesty can't remember how I figured out about it though. But I just lurked and read About the gurus I was subscribed to. I am now am now unsubscribed to most now after reading this sight, lol. But I remembered that the girls username was foreverkailyn even a few years later in 2013 and saw if she ha a thread here. That was when we were on part 15, so I read from the beginning and just figured out the stuff I missed from the old sight from you guys. 60 threads later, here we are. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kickpuncher
Informer
Informer

Post by kickpuncher »

I saw her mentioned on MF a lot a couple years ago when I was reading posts about grav3yardgirl. Stopped caring (I have no idea how??? She's so fascinating) after it went defunct, found her again on GG earlier this year.

peesawrawls

Post by peesawrawls »

I discovered her weirdly enough through Rachel Whitehurst aka 87daysbefore aka icallitambrosia. When I was on tumblr several years ago, I stumbled across Rachel's blog and before I knew stuff about her, I loved her. Started watching her videos. Got introduced to the beauty guru world. And at one point Rachel posted something (i don't remember what exactly) that mentioned guru gossip. So I looked it up. I read up on Rachel and stumbled across Kailyn's thread and couldn't look away. The rest is history. :D

toriar
Lurker
Lurker

Post by toriar »

Back on unkn0wn critic

MunsterCheese
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MunsterCheese »

I accidentally found her kaikhoad channel and would watch, but then I lost her, I assume when she did her first rage delete. A couple years later this ONTD post brought her back into my life. <3

Adele FlapBag
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Adele FlapBag »

Any yall from ONTD post instead of just lurking? Because whenever this site is brought up, people get right up on their high horse in a motherfucking hurry to go on about how pathetic we are to gossip about internet celebrities. BC gossiping about courtney stodden is respectable.

bluebanana
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bluebanana »

Adele FlapBag wrote:Any yall from ONTD post instead of just lurking? Because whenever this site is brought up, people get right up on their high horse in a motherfucking hurry to go on about how pathetic we are to gossip about internet celebrities. BC gossiping about courtney stodden is respectable.
I post on ontd. It's quite similar to this site except that people are nasty to each other as well as the celebs

Bitchin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bitchin »

I discovered her way back in her mullet days, I was just learning how to apply makeup and came across her channel and was fascinated by her awkwardness. I remember the first video I saw of her, it was one where she did her friend Robin's makeup. I didn't know that there were gossip websites about her and I didn't know that she was the beauty community's laughing stock, I didn't think that people paid attention to her enough to discuss about her outside of her comments section on YouTube because she never had as many views as popular gurus.

pizzarina
Learner
Learner

Post by pizzarina »

I joined GG to discuss the trainwreck that is Melissa Raymond/Autry, saw all the Kai gifs & avatars, and came to this subforum. I was hooked from the very first giggle-exhale.

woopidydoo
Learner
Learner

Post by woopidydoo »

I found her in 2007 after watching XSparkage.

andpizzaaa
Learner
Learner

Post by andpizzaaa »

i searched makeup videos in 2007 and stumbled onto her when she didn't have a lot of video content yet. i was immediately hooked and kaikhaod was the first channel i ever subscribed to. what a journey these past 7 years with kailyn have been :rofl:

Return to “Foreverkailyn / MsKailynMarie”