TheNotSoOrdinaryWife Part 3

muttcake
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheNotSoOrdinaryWife Part 3

Post by muttcake »

"Watch this video on YouTube. Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner."

Hi crybaby! Nervous about something? :rofl:

bbgorilla
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by bbgorilla »

Lol She can see when videos are embedded and watched on other sites. She sees that people are watching them here.

Since they don't have kids (earned income credit) and are getting money back in taxes, he can't be making more than around $35k. Even then I can't see them getting back any more than $2000. The "take out more in taxes now so we get more back as a refund" thing is so funny. Why not bring home that little extra a month so you're not struggling? I mean, I get that it's not much. Maybe $30-50 a check, but that adds up. Why not put that money in a savings account or invest it? Put it in a 401k or IRA. Has she mentioned him having a retirement fund? If not, they need to get on that ASAP. Price of living isn't going down and people need to save as much as they can or they'll be working til they're 90.

photoshoppedbabyacne
Learner
Learner

Post by photoshoppedbabyacne »

who exactly is taking financial advice from an unemployed apartment dweller with no credit score? NOT this girl. :tu:

Honorary Melissa
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Honorary Melissa »

$35-$40k is around $3,000/month, and that seems right. Colby probably does make around that (probably pre-tax, too). Of course she's trying to imply he makes double that, especially after people looked up how much Katrina's husband makes.

I think somewhere she showed her rent is $800ish? Then their $500 food budget and this and that probably adds up to around $2,000 and they save their 10-20% which would be $250-$500. That seems way more realistic. In what world does Colby make $60k+ and they're still struggling?????? I can't believe she even tried it. Like really? $60K or over yet you're in that crappy apartment with 2 old as hell used cars and relying on tax refunds for a big payout to help with debt? They don't even have cable or ANY luxuries. And what happened to buying a bed? They couldn't come up with $700 or whatever it was? I guess they're waiting for the tax refund...

bbgorilla
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by bbgorilla »

I can't believe they pay $800~ for that crappy apartment when they could be payin a mortgage on a home they own. I'm sure the cost of living isn't too high in Morgantown where ever the fuck it is. Probably about the same as where I live. They could swing it since there's only 2 of them with no children. Tbh I don't see them ever buying a house. They may eventually move in to a decent house, but they won't own it. They'll be renters forever with the attitudes they, especially jamie, have.

PokeitPokeit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PokeitPokeit »

God!!! She should throw whatever she is using on her lips away.

We use the same envelopes only mine have a snap. :D

BTW, I hate, hate doing taxes. Now I have to go do my taxes so I will leave you with that.

slytherin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by slytherin »

photoshoppedbabyacne wrote:who exactly is taking financial advice from an unemployed apartment dweller with no credit score? NOT this girl. :tu:
Exactly! I don't even know why she thinks she should do this series. I'm pretty embarrassed for her. She constantly talks in circles in these videos, which makes them incredibly boring. Not to mention her taxes are simple. All she has is Colby's W-2, their student loans, and her YT right?

xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by xyz »

I'm probably the only one but i think he is bringing in like 25K and the 20% they save is IF they have that left over after rent,bills, food, w/e bc they clearly do not have money for ANYTHING else. I would think 30 or 35K if they ever went shopping or bought something new or had an extra "luxury" bill or something but they are scraping the bare minimum.

The cost of living there seems about the same where i am living now so $800 for a 2 bdroom is about right. I also, at this point never see them buying a house....and i agree that if she would just get a PT job it would help them out a ton whether they save it all or half.

I also thought she was being vague as fuck in the vid wanting ppl to think he is pulling in closer to 100K...ive lived poverty and i can recognize struggle and they may have a foot above the poverty line.

Theres a difference between frugal and budgeting every single penny and one little fuck up is a big deal in the finances

At first i thought they were frugal but then i noticed they NEVER went ANYWHERE, did ANYTHING, or bought ANYTHING (other than groceries) that screams PC2PC one small step above struggling

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

xyz wrote:I'm probably the only one but i think he is bringing in like 25K and the 20% they save is IF they have that left over after rent,bills, food, w/e bc they clearly do not have money for ANYTHING else. I would think 30 or 35K if they ever went shopping or bought something new or had an extra "luxury" bill or something but they are scraping the bare minimum.

The cost of living there seems about the same where i am living now so $800 for a 2 bdroom is about right. I also, at this point never see them buying a house....and i agree that if she would just get a PT job it would help them out a ton whether they save it all or half.

I also thought she was being vague as fuck in the vid wanting ppl to think he is pulling in closer to 100K...ive lived poverty and i can recognize struggle and they may have a foot above the poverty line.

Theres a difference between frugal and budgeting every single penny and one little fuck up is a big deal in the finances

At first i thought they were frugal but then i noticed they NEVER went ANYWHERE, did ANYTHING, or bought ANYTHING (other than groceries) that screams PC2PC one small step above struggling
I have said it before and I'll say it again... why doesn't she just own her financial situation???! Lots of people are struggling out there. Even the people who aren't struggling are getting more interested in moneysaving tips because work bonuses aren't as big or living costs have gone up. It seems to me that the frugal housewife vid seems to be a big growth area on YT. If Jamie was honest about their financial situation I reckon she could get more viewers plus lots of new ideas for videos. Okay, I realise that she won't own the situation because everyone will tell her to get a job. But I have seen other struggling housewives on YT and no one has said that, although they tend to be women who clearly are working hard to run the home and save money so that is maybe why.

xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by xyz »

^^ thats the difference right there, most ppl that are struggling actually have jobs lol. they wouldn't be so hard up IF jamie got a job. If she is going to own up to anything she needs to own up to living PC2PC and that she doesnt WANT to work to help better the situation.

ANYONE struggling and not working would be told to get a job, the ppl who get admired for making something out of nothing are those that are working their asses off and still trying to make a life with a shitty job.

Jamie wants to get pats on the back for sitting on her ass and "getting by" but she knows that won't happen bc ppl do not admire ppl like that. (except apparently her minions who prolly also sit on their asses all day doing nothing)

Like i've said before i'd rather watch someone who lives PC2PC, WITH a job, and showing how they are getting by, what they are doing to try to better their situation etc over some lazy nitwit that sleeps all day, doing fuck all, and lying about their living situation and doesnt give a shit enough to do something about it

Bluel
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Bluel »

I haven't yet watched her taxes video, but damn an almost 16 minute video???? What else is there to say but this is what we have to file and this is how we do it and this is what we plan to do with the money? That should be a 5 minute video tops. She really tries to milk these videos.

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

I mean, I know she's a bit delusional but there is no way she thinks she's making people think they pull in anywhere close to six figures, idk why people think that, sometimes I feel like I'm not watching the same videos.

Bluel
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Bluel »

She must've done her research before this video because she clearly stated in a comment on facebook that she didn't know you had to pay to file taxes if you were over an income cap.

I should have known I was right about why this video was so long. She needs to stick to just talking about what she does and stop trying to think she knows anything more about these subjects. You can't teach what you don't know.

She does try to protray they make more then $60k, but the reality is she just has an extra form that makes their taxes a bit more complex then him just having a w2.

This girl is really explaining taxes like she's knowledgeable on this stuff. Reading a couple websites doesn't make you an expert Jamie.

Advokits? I didn't know that was a word. Guess its up there with Expecially in her dictionary.

All that looking down was annoying too. She's clearly reading off someone's site or something. And that yellow tooth is in full force, especially with that lip gloss or whatever washing out her lips.

Kbeliz
Talker
Talker

Post by Kbeliz »

My guess is he probably makes 45-50 k a year. For a single twenty something that's a decent wage, but when you support your lazy wife it certainly doesn't stretch as far. If they're just being frugal, why do they NEVER splurge on doing anything fun? I feel like they're just scraping by as others have said.

Honorary Melissa
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Honorary Melissa »

Chloe_Bean wrote:I mean, I know she's a bit delusional but there is no way she thinks she's making people think they pull in anywhere close to six figures, idk why people think that, sometimes I feel like I'm not watching the same videos.
She clearly said they used to use a free tax place "when they weren't making a lot of money" and she said they don't use it anymore. Then she said the income limit to use the place was $60K. So she was definitely trying to imply colby makes over $60,000.

ajlinda
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ajlinda »

Did she say she uses another tax place with real accountants? She's probably using Turbo Tax or something and making it seem like she makes too much money for the free place. :tu: Looks like it's almost time for a part 4.
Funny you guys mentioned the OCD housewife lady. I just found her I think at the beginning of the week. She definitely needed a manicure. :? Maybe Jaime could give her a sticker so she could paint her nails, cause without a sticker, you just don't know what to do or when to do it. Sounds like I'm getting bitchy again, time to go watch tv. But OCD chick, (don't know her name) seems to be doing fairly well money wise, and yet she still said they saved up for a long time to buy her sons that bedroom set. Looks like she has her priorites. Bills, savings and retirement before dollar store shit. There I go again, :? bitch bitch bitch.

xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by xyz »

LOL at skiing with the family--dinner at the ski lodge

pics or it didnt happen

Crumb Manager
Debater
Debater

Post by Crumb Manager »

xyz wrote:LOL at skiing with the family--dinner at the ski lodge

pics or it didnt happen
I bet toddler's paycheck that they did in fact go because Mumsy & Daddy footed the bill. We all know they didn't actually pay for anything. It's curious how when they go "out to eat" it's always with family (AKA family's paying).

xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by xyz »

If she went she prolly just sat on her ass the whole time..i dont see the lazy whine bag party pooper getting up to do anything....and if they are going to these places was it so hard to take a pic of the one meal she ate?

thats why i think she lies...she always says they went here or there but cant take a 2 sec pic of the meal?

Crumb Manager
Debater
Debater

Post by Crumb Manager »

^^^ Agree. I think lazy sat in the lodge all day.

It is curious there are no photos of events. She IS a scrapbooker after all. :rofl:

Return to “Jamie's Simple Life”