Macbarbie07/Bethany Mota - Part 3

byebyebye1

Re: Macbarbie07/Bethany Mota - Part 3

Post by byebyebye1 »

oh give me a break :roll: first of all, she NEVERRRR talks about her heritage. Never ever.

Second: the bullying story has got to end. she never talks about bullying unless it's to the fcking media.

Pistachiyo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Pistachiyo »

She literally said in a video that she knows no portugese and can't interact with her cousins and that she's never been to portugal and she has NEVER told her viewers she was mexican.

galaxy_stars
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by galaxy_stars »

Lea wrote:Whenever I see Beth's new IG pictures I go through a bit of an identity crisis because I'm the same age as her and I still feel and look like a 16 year old lol. Obviously I'm a student and have experienced nights out and stuff but in terms of how I dress and look I feel a lot younger than Beth and I'm a few months older lol. I've seen it in my peers as well they seem to grow up over night and I feel like I'm kinda behind on that? Any older GGers know what I mean?
I thought I'd look older as time went on, but nope. I'm in my 20's and people still say I look 17 lol... except days where I fix my hair and wear darker make up. So you're not alone.

As for that video, wow... Kinda awkward since Bethany has literally NEVER spoken about her heritage.. And it does seem to us that overnight she's "grown up", but I'm sure that glam squad of hers has helped a lot in that department.. but wow I was looking at this video (she was 17 here) and wow, her persona has changed a lot.. Are we sure that it was an act back in the day lol? Seems way too real.

wendy_wong
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wendy_wong »

ayoozsalah wrote:She literally said in a video that she knows no portugese and can't interact with her cousins and that she's never been to portugal and she has NEVER told her viewers she was mexican.
I've seen this so much when I lived in the US! It's really annoying when all of them don't even know where Portugal is!! Grr Beth should just be quiet instead of voicing her ignorance on any matter/subject. Image

thinkoutloud123
Talker
Talker

Post by thinkoutloud123 »

Has she ever even mentioned being Mexican or associated with it at all? This makes me so upset as a Latina! So many other people they could have chosen that are extremely proud of their heritage and know/associate about their culture and they pick this girl to talk about it??? BS!

Cheshire_Cat03
Informer
Informer

Post by Cheshire_Cat03 »

I don't recall Bethany ever mentioning her Mexican heritage. She has mentioned her Portugese heritage, but it doesn't happen often and when she does mention it she never goes into detail. I thought it was extremely odd that she was chosen!

Also I think it's kind of funny that when they brought up how Bethany is so against bullying. She's only done one video about it and that was quite a long time ago. I think she mentioned it in her Draw my Life and possibly her recent Q&A video.

Lady_Galadriel
Talker
Talker

Post by Lady_Galadriel »

honestly any youtuber not just bethany with this bully stuff gets so annoying i feel its all for views and what not. someone not liking you and someone actually bullying you are two different things. i was bullied in jr high too, worse than what a lot of youtubers say happened to them but that was 6 1/2 years ago it happened and theres nothing i can do about it. it made me a stronger person and ive moved on i barely talk about my bully experience anymore because its not gonna help me or anyone. its better to share how you over came what happened to you.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

Just curious but where does her username Macbarbie07 come from/what's the meaning behind it?

Pistachiyo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Pistachiyo »

MAC = the makeup brand BARBIE = something she thought was cute to call herself at the time 07 = i'm pretty sure she said youtube suggested her that number bc macbarbie was already taken.

wickedknotty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wickedknotty »

MAC had an extremely popular limited edition line called MAC Barbie. In 2007. When Bethany started YT she was obsessed with Blair Fowler, AKA juicystar07. She got a lot of flak for copying Blair. My, how the tables have turned

frostygirl123
Informer
Informer

Post by frostygirl123 »

wickedknotty wrote:MAC had an extremely popular limited edition line called MAC Barbie. In 2007. When Bethany started YT she was obsessed with Blair Fowler, AKA juicystar07. She got a lot of flak for copying Blair. My, how the tables have turned
Also when Meganheartsmakeup used to accuse Bethany of copying her, and now Megan is a total wreck. Megan had her head up her ass back in the day. Oh man, the good old youtube days.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

wickedknotty wrote:MAC had an extremely popular limited edition line called MAC Barbie. In 2007. When Bethany started YT she was obsessed with Blair Fowler, AKA juicystar07. She got a lot of flak for copying Blair. My, how the tables have turned
Her channel says she created it in 2009, so did she have a channel before that from 2007-June 2009?

thekalelkitten
Learner
Learner

Post by thekalelkitten »

i know this is a little late but what happened with the whole giveaway scandal?
surprisingly this is my opinion ^
don't get your penties in a twist

thekalelkitten
Learner
Learner

Post by thekalelkitten »

could somebody tell me what was with the whole giveaway scandal? i am so behind
surprisingly this is my opinion ^
don't get your penties in a twist

Pistachiyo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Pistachiyo »

She's so awkward and fake especially around 5:43 - 5:55 omg

the intro is so cringeworthy too.

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

ayoozsalah wrote:She's so awkward and fake especially around 5:43 - 5:55 omg

Oh my god. I feel bad for saying this but she looks TERRIBLE. Those jeans just absolutely do NOT do anything for her. They are so tight that you can see every line of her stomach fat under the button and zipper. Yikes. I didn't realize she was so bottom heavy.

Also not that there's anything wrong with that. I know she's still growing and her body is maturing but dang. Probably because she never shows her true figure in her videos is why I'm so shocked.

CrumbledOreos
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CrumbledOreos »

Wait, about the Mexican thing, wasn't she on some Mexican talk show a few years back? And people were surprised then as well that she was Mexican. Then others chimed in that Mota was a Latina last name or something.
Bethany basically molds into whatever she needs to for the moment: A pre-teen, a bully victim, an adult, etc.

Ccccccccc
Informer
Informer

Post by Ccccccccc »

And wasnt she on some spanish magazine..?

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

ayoozsalah wrote:She's so awkward and fake especially around 5:43 - 5:55 omg

Omfg, omg, omg , omg, omfg, it's Bethany Mota, omg
Piss off! How old was that blonde presenter? I pray to god she was just mocking Bethany and her fans.

jnkgossip
Informer
Informer

Post by jnkgossip »

Are you freaking kidding me? She NEVER talked about her heritage this was just another job for her to get money and be on TV.

Return to “Macbarbie07 / Bethany Mota”