caitlinly
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SprinkleofGlitter/Louise Part 3!

Post by caitlinly »

Citrine wrote:
Owli wrote:sorry if this has been discussed before, but on her Wikipedia entry it says:

"Pentland is set to publish a diary entitled Sprinkle of Glitter Diary 2016: How to Have the Best Year of Your Life through Faber Children in August 2015" source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louise_Pentland

so, who still hasn't published then? :?
I'll just add this: http://www.thebookseller.com/news/faber ... er-vlogger :roll:
She couldn't do a random pointless book like alfie so she did the next best thing. Well, atleast she's not pretending to write a novel :)
Recipes? Hasn't Louise said in videos before she can't cook and Matt does all/most of the cooking in the house? I guess she can include stuff to 'inspire' other people but it's a bit of a cop-out if you blatantly don't use the stuff you're writing about.

savana1402
Informer
Informer

Post by savana1402 »

holly golightly wrote:so does she live in Liverpool? I'm imagining Darcy growing up with a proper Scouse accent and I love it
She stays in Northampton if I remember correctly

heyheyheynow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by heyheyheynow »

I believe she went to university in Liverpool and met Matt there.

tweed
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tweed »

The "book" sounds very Louise actually, I'm glad she didn't sign a fake novel deal like her chum Girl Offline.

INdifferent
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by INdifferent »

SneezyB wrote:What does everyone think about her glitter gets fitter? I feel horrible for someone criticising it as i'm glad she's doing something to help her self, but I just don't see how a 30 minute walk a few times a week is actually going to do anything?! I'm a size 8 and i've always been slim, I eat a well balanced diet in terms of meals but I also snack in quite unhealthy things as well, I walk my dog everyday for anything from 30-60 minutes at a fast pace but I've been trying to do some more serious workouts lately (fitness blender YT stuff) and honestly they have just reminded me of what I already knew that even though technically i'm active because I walk a lot I am still very unfit!

I hope she doesn't expect to become super healthy and lose pounds just by going on a leisurely stroll a few times a week for 30 mins, but I hope this is a start for her so she can get into a more health kick!
If she's anything like me and hates exercising, 30 minute walks a few times a week is actually really amazing. Better than sitting and doing nothing (note to self), it's really hard if you've never been into exercising so I'll give her props for it.
Please bear with me, English is my second language

ketto
Debater
Debater

Post by ketto »

Regardless of her level of "input" into the book (I personally think she will have a lot more than zoe, louise has mentioned "writing" a couple of times in her vlogmas but didnt hype it up so I assumed it was her blog at the time) I think the concept of the book is far more Louise so I feel she would have had a lot more (if not sole) input into it. If it has home cooked meal s and full body workouts then I think that will be quite obvious she had lots of help. I forsee a few (pinterest inspired) type crafts that she would do with Darcy, or maybe something like that. WE SHALL SEE! *strokes beard*

Rochy
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Rochy »

Hi Guys, long time lurker, first time poster. Can't resist.

I personally cannot stand her fake laugh. Please tell me you know what I mean. So forced, it kills me. It features in Jim's recent vlog.

A few years ago I didn't mind Louise, but then started to turn on her because I hate how she went through a huge phase of constantly travelling overseas and leaving her baby at home. It was too often. Flying to Florida for Playlist and leaving your baby behind so you can party, shop and meet Tweens is just awful. It seemed to be never ending all the trips away from home.

Also, touching on the whole Jack Howard thing - the way they flirt together is just full on. I mean we've all seen the boat video. For Matt to not be phased by this, it either means Matt is gay, Jack is gay or Matt and Louise are no longer in love and just together for the sake of Darcy for the moment. Something is def off. Just from her vlogs, I feel no connection or love at all between her and Matt.

youtubewatcher1
Informer
Informer

Post by youtubewatcher1 »

Louise is like many youtubers, whose husbands become the primary caregiver of child. Thought vlogmas, it became more apparent, that Matt was Mr. mom. And Louise was using Darcy for screen time in vlogs. Seemed very put on so to speak.
Thought more of her before vlogmas. But, now, feel she is not very genuine.
She's done this several times. Head for Vidcon, playlist with her chummies, and leave Matt to tend to Darcy.
Surprised if she writes a book on cooking or motherhood. Maybe she should write fiction.

youtubewatcher1
Informer
Informer

Louise is like many youtubers, whose husbands become the primary caregiver of child. Thought vlogmas, it became more apparent, that Matt was Mr. mom. And Louise was using Darcy for screen time in vlogs. Seemed very put on so to speak.
She's done this several times. Head for Vidcon, playlist with her chummies, and leave Matt to tend to Darcy.
Surprised if she writes a book on cooking or motherhood. Maybe she should write fiction.

heyheyheynow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by heyheyheynow »

Rochy wrote:A few years ago I didn't mind Louise, but then started to turn on her because I hate how she went through a huge phase of constantly travelling overseas and leaving her baby at home. It was too often. Flying to Florida for Playlist and leaving your baby behind so you can party, shop and meet Tweens is just awful. It seemed to be never ending all the trips away from home.
I don't think that's fair. Louise doesn't travel out of the country that often - she's talked about having a difficult time doing so - and the trips are work commitments. She's obviously making enough money for Matt to be able to stay at home.

Rochy
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Rochy »

heyheyheynow wrote:
Rochy wrote:A few years ago I didn't mind Louise, but then started to turn on her because I hate how she went through a huge phase of constantly travelling overseas and leaving her baby at home. It was too often. Flying to Florida for Playlist and leaving your baby behind so you can party, shop and meet Tweens is just awful. It seemed to be never ending all the trips away from home.
I don't think that's fair. Louise doesn't travel out of the country that often - she's talked about having a difficult time doing so - and the trips are work commitments. She's obviously making enough money for Matt to be able to stay at home.
She does, in 2013 it was constant. She should have said no more often and made her no1 priority. Sorry this is the trash section and I'm not a fan of her at all. Sleeping in, not getting dressed until lunch and then sending Darcy off to childcare shits me as well.

Rochy
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Rochy »

youtubewatcher1 wrote:Louise is like many youtubers, whose husbands become the primary caregiver of child. Thought vlogmas, it became more apparent, that Matt was Mr. mom. And Louise was using Darcy for screen time in vlogs. Seemed very put on so to speak.
Lol nice one. She could definitely write a book on buying crap. I can't stand her that much lately that I hated it when she let Darcy open one or two Santa presents, and then she had to open the rest after Church. All bc Louise got up late. Her laziness kills me.

ejmc
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ejmc »

Rochy wrote:
heyheyheynow wrote:
She does, in 2013 it was constant. She should have said no more often and made her no1 priority. Sorry this is the trash section and I'm not a fan of her at all. Sleeping in, not getting dressed until lunch and then sending Darcy off to childcare shits me as well.
I may be wrong but I feel Darcy mainly gets sent to Nursery/Play School which is a positive experience meaning Darcy can mingle with other children, they also have some educational aspects to them. I think she only goes a couple of times a week and not sent their all day all week.
But if I am wrong and they send her all the time even though they're both at home then many apologies.

MalinaNox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MalinaNox »

I thought it was kind of like a pre-school that they send her too. I use to love Louise but lately that has been changing. I loved that she told people to be comfortable in their own skin but it's clear that she doesn't really take the time to better herself. She just puts on push up bras and make up and flirts too much. I too find it ridiculous that she stays up late doing nothing and always has Matt getting up with Darcy. She is an adult but she doesn't act like one at all. I would laugh my ass off if she wrote a book about cooking and exercise; she does neither of those. Walking is a good place to start with exercise but her diet is still very poor.
There is nothing between her and Matt anymore. Her and Jack's relationship is so awkward, even Jim seemed like he was uncomfortable by it. Their relationship has made me dislike Jack too and he just comes off as a huge hypocrite.

SunnyDays
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SunnyDays »

youtubewatcher1 wrote:Louise is like many youtubers, whose husbands become the primary caregiver of child. Thought vlogmas, it became more apparent, that Matt was Mr. mom. And Louise was using Darcy for screen time in vlogs. Seemed very put on so to speak.
I disagree with many things Louise says and does, but I don't think you're being fair here. She works hard to support her family, so one of Darcy's parents can always be home to care for her. When Matt had a career, which meant he was away all day and had to prepare lessons in the evenings, that was fine, because he's a father. But Louise, as a woman and mother, can't have a career? A career that even allows her to be home most of the time? That's sexist and stupid.
Whenever she goes on trips, she has a hard time being away from her family. But these trips are something she has to do, because of her contract with Gleam and because she needs to grow her channel.

youtubewatcher1
Informer
Informer

I'm not saying Louise shouldn't have a career. It's absolutely fine. We're in 2015 now. What I feel is, her behavior with Darcy is put on for the cameras. She's lost her patience with caregiving. All of her projects with Darcy are rushed, and we see her losing patience, hurrying about, or editing it out.
You can show us one perspective of your life, but if you're showing us how you're being a mum, well then, spend time being a mum first. Not just for cameras.

SneezyB
Informer
Informer

Post by SneezyB »

I get where both points of this discussion are coming from. It's 2015 the man is able to be the main care giver for a child and the female is allowed to go and have a career, however I don't think it's possible to compare Matt and Louise's jobs.

Matt was a teacher who would work 5 days a week 9-4 for those days, and have 12 weeks holiday a year. Whilst Louise's job is also very flexible in terms of day to day when she does go away to America for example, which was the point about Louise leaving Darcy, she is obviously away from her for 24 hours a day for however many weeks she goes for which has sometimes been 3 weeks I think! Leaving your child for that long is hardly the same as Matt leaving Darcy for 7/8 hours a day!

SunnyDays
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SunnyDays »

youtubewatcher1 wrote:I'm not saying Louise shouldn't have a career. It's absolutely fine. We're in 2015 now. What I feel is, her behavior with Darcy is put on for the cameras. She's lost her patience with caregiving. All of her projects with Darcy are rushed, and we see her losing patience, hurrying about, or editing it out.
You can show us one perspective of your life, but if you're showing us how you're being a mum, well then, spend time being a mum first. Not just for cameras.
Have you ever tried filming a video with a toddler? Yeah, you'd lose patience too. Toddlers can be very difficult at times. Should she try staying more calm? Sure. But I can understand her having a vision for a video and it not coming together as she wants it to, because Darcy just does what she wants (which is completely normal for a toddler, ofcourse). Let's also not forget that Louise has stated feeling uncomfortable filming her actual family life, so that might also make those clips seem a bit strange/forced.
SneezyB wrote:I get where both points of this discussion are coming from. It's 2015 the man is able to be the main care giver for a child and the female is allowed to go and have a career, however I don't think it's possible to compare Matt and Louise's jobs.

Matt was a teacher who would work 5 days a week 9-4 for those days, and have 12 weeks holiday a year. Whilst Louise's job is also very flexible in terms of day to day when she does go away to America for example, which was the point about Louise leaving Darcy, she is obviously away from her for 24 hours a day for however many weeks she goes for which has sometimes been 3 weeks I think! Leaving your child for that long is hardly the same as Matt leaving Darcy for 7/8 hours a day!
Seriously? We're going to count the hours they were both working and judge their career choices based on that? Alright. Fine. If you think teaching is a 9-4 job, you are seriously mistaken. As I stated in my original post, teaching is a very demanding job, which includes marking papers/tests and preparing lessons outside of school hours (including weekends and holidays, during which teachers often have courses or have to plan the curriculum for the next year).
Please tell me when exactly Louise was away from her family for 3 weeks, because I can't recall. And what if she was? It's not like they dump Darcy at some distant relative for that time. Matt, her father, the provider of the other half of her genes, takes care of her fulltime and is there to play with her, teach her and take care of all of her needs.
Just stop comparing their jobs and stop saying it is wrong for Louise to have this career. It's simply not true.

Citrine
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Citrine »

youtubewatcher1 wrote:I'm not saying Louise shouldn't have a career. It's absolutely fine. We're in 2015 now. What I feel is, her behavior with Darcy is put on for the cameras. She's lost her patience with caregiving. All of her projects with Darcy are rushed, and we see her losing patience, hurrying about, or editing it out.
I'm sorry, this is getting a bit out of hand. You don't actually know what goes on when she is not filming and how her family dynamic actually is. Most people tend to loose patience at one point or another. Show me perfect parents? On the other hand there are examples of horrible parents so I find that this is totally nitpicking.
I just don't think randomly criticising someone's parenting skills is the right thing to do.

SneezyB
Informer
Informer

Post by SneezyB »

SunnyDays wrote:
Have you ever tried filming a video with a toddler? Yeah, you'd lose patience too. Toddlers can be very difficult at times. Should she try staying more calm? Sure. But I can understand her having a vision for a video and it not coming together as she wants it to, because Darcy just does what she wants (which is completely normal for a toddler, ofcourse). Let's also not forget that Louise has stated feeling uncomfortable filming her actual family life, so that might also make those clips seem a bit strange/forced.
SneezyB wrote:I get where both points of this discussion are coming from. It's 2015 the man is able to be the main care giver for a child and the female is allowed to go and have a career, however I don't think it's possible to compare Matt and Louise's jobs.

Seriously? We're going to count the hours they were both working and judge their career choices based on that? Alright. Fine. If you think teaching is a 9-4 job, you are seriously mistaken. As I stated in my original post, teaching is a very demanding job, which includes marking papers/tests and preparing lessons outside of school hours (including weekends and holidays, during which teachers often have courses or have to plan the curriculum for the next year).
Please tell me when exactly Louise was away from her family for 3 weeks, because I can't recall. And what if she was? It's not like they dump Darcy at some distant relative for that time. Matt, her father, the provider of the other half of her genes, takes care of her fulltime and is there to play with her, teach her and take care of all of her needs.
Just stop comparing their jobs and stop saying it is wrong for Louise to have this career. It's simply not true.
I'm not saying lets count the hours they work/worked, I never once said lets count all the hours up and compare. All I was saying is there is a difference between Matt's old job hours and a job where you leave your child for long periods of time.

I know teaching isn't just 9-4 but my point was that Matt would see his child every single day and spend time with her compared to Louise who can go long periods of time without seeing Darcy. Again, I didn't say Darcy gets dumped with someone I know she stays with Matt.

I think you're taking this too personally. I didn't say that Louise is wrong for having this career I simply was pointing out the differences in their jobs and what they demand, which is very different! Louise goes away a few times a year and I know Darcy is never left with some distant relative and I know Louise likes to take Darcy as much as she can, I don't think anyone here actually thinks Louise loves leaving Darcy at home for days and days whilst she's abroad.

I think Louise's board is the only Trash section where you get criticised for actually saying something slightly negative!

Return to “Louise Pentland”