SprinkleofGlitter/Louise Part 3!

PurpleBee
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SprinkleofGlitter/Louise Part 3!

Post by PurpleBee »

ALOT of people she's friends with who aren't part of gleam threw shade yesterday about the whole Summer in the City/Amity fest situation so I wouldn't be pushed to say that the tweet about her being upset was definitely about that but I'm glad they all did though rather than keeping their mouths shut!

The whole amity fest thing is a load crap, yes SITC was a bit of a shambles last year but as someone who used to attend when it was just a group of people in a park it's a bit sad to see people trying to compete with it. It was the first, and until Gleam came along I believe, the only british youtube event. The price situation is crap too, at SITC you're paying for panels, live shows and just the whole feeling of being there as part of a community for the whole weekend but as Jack said you can pay upwards of £50 to watch challenges on stage at amity for a couple of hours. I know which I would choose.

tobyboc
Learner
Learner

Post by tobyboc »

Ugh the user who said Louise would be one of those over sharing people on Facebook is spot on - posting stuff like "I never thought I could feel this horrible" or "This day just couldn't get any worse wish I had real friends to talk to" and having people say "Oh don't cry sweetheart you can talk to me if you want it's all going to be okay" and "what's wrong" and then she's like "I don't wanna talk about it" or "I'll message you."

Just shush Louise.

savana1402
Informer
Informer

Post by savana1402 »

This just proves they're in it for the money now. Amnity is a different experience? I would never waste my money to see people more talentless than me stand on a stage to do nothing! Zoe tweet said 'we're planning something special for YOU' yeah right. I'm sick of them all saying I'm doing this for you guys. No. You're doing it because you know it'll make you more money and oblivious 13 year olds will beg their mums to pay for such a pointless thing just so they can 'meet' their 'idol'. I'd have less of a problem if there was honesty.

brashme
Learner
Learner

Post by brashme »

^^^^^I really don't know why people in this thread like to hold Louise in a higher regards to other gleamer.

She is just as money and fame hungry as the lot of them and even more pathetic than the rest cause she is a mum yet befriends people like Zoe who have no respect for anything and anyone and knows nothing about making an honest living.

That twitter answer was pretty dismissive and rude and she has officially been outed as a sell out.

CaroG1282
Debater
Debater

Post by CaroG1282 »

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but is Louise contractually obligated to appear at amity because of Gleam? I'm sure even if she doesn't like it she can't go on publicly bashing the event without there being repercussions. That would explain her "different experience" comment.

Also I'm not from the UK and I don't know much about YouTube events because I've never been to one, but can someone explain the difference between SITC and Amityfest? If Amityfest is just kids screaming at a stage, isn't that against Louise's whole brand what with her glitter talks or whatever they're called? Glitter live. Whatever it is!

BoomShaka
Informer
Informer

Post by BoomShaka »

I think SITC is a lot better than Amity. Like you said, Amity is just them doing stupid challenges on a stage, whereas SITC has a wider range of Youtubers and more of a community feel to it. I also think you stay at SITC for a few days.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

savana1402
Informer
Informer

Post by savana1402 »

CaroG1282 wrote:Also I'm not from the UK and I don't know much about YouTube events because I've never been to one, but can someone explain the difference between SITC and Amityfest? If Amityfest is just kids screaming at a stage, isn't that against Louise's whole brand what with her glitter talks or whatever they're called? Glitter live. Whatever it is!
Yeah SITC has a more community feel. There isn't as much segregation between the YouTubers and the viewers so you can walk around and just go up and speak to everyone. There are performances but usually only the Youtubers with a specific talent will do those i.e singing or comedy. Amity is just them on stage and an audience. Hardly any interaction. You watch them on stage doing nothing then you go home. The only plus side to amity is that it goes to the different cities whereas SITC is only in london. Hope that helped.

Citrine
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Citrine »

Louise is just an overgrown child (mentally). "oh look at me, I'm having such a hard life". Come on, if she actually opened up about what bothers her, then I'm guessing even she herself would find it pathetic.. (ooh, jack howard was criticizing gleam and it made me sad).

whyamihereee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by whyamihereee »

Yes to whoever said that Louise is just emotionally unstable, she will cry about the most ridiculous things now and I'm pretty sure at this point that whatever her "big issue" in 2014 might've been something rather "small" or "normal" and she just likes throwing things out of proportion, she's emotionally immature.

ketto
Debater
Debater

Post by ketto »

I'm sure being with gleam is a choice she made and the majority of opportunities for Louise are great but I felt that Amity wasn't really her thing (she mentioned about her personal appearances) I think there is an element of amity that depends on these specific people- lots of the minions want Zoe AND Louise to keep that dream alive. With all respect to Louise, she does stick out of the group in certain ways so perhaps she feels an element of obligation. Not enough to say no though, obviously. I think her sadness comes from her friends in the "other group" speaking out about it.

I dunno, SITC AND amity have their place, maybe extracting the gleam team might be good all round!

heyheyheynow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by heyheyheynow »

Amity Fest (which sounds like a cult gathering amirite) has a lot more of the celeb/fan dynamic than SITC.

foreverthine
Informer
Informer

Post by foreverthine »

Read the tweets from bottom up.

Apparently he is the founder and organises SITC. Louise favourited the first two tweets, but not the one on the top...

Nobody forced Louise to be a part of Amity Fest, she could have easily said no if she didn't like the format of it.

Honestly, I think it isn't a big deal. Business is business and who cares if they are making money. You can't live your life worrying about what everyone else is doing, if they want an individual show then go for it. An unpopular opinion, especially from someone who has been watching youtube videos since 2006. Maybe it's because I wouldn't go to either, so I don't give a crap? But I don't think they are doing anything wrong!

catsoncats
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by catsoncats »

heyheyheynow wrote:Amity Fest (which sounds like a cult gathering amirite) has a lot more of the celeb/fan dynamic than SITC.
I have a little cousin that went to it before and when I first heard it (the name) I was like "oh, juggalos"

rosieeex
Informer
Informer

Post by rosieeex »

I think its a bit rich her favouriting those tweets when she has her own bloody show!

Jonquil
Learner
Learner

Post by Jonquil »

rosieeex wrote:I think its a bit rich her favouriting those tweets when she has her own bloody show!
Having your own show isn't a problem, Jack and Dean also do their own shows. Jack was the one who encouraged Louise to develop her solo show. Other musical you tubers also have their own shows, EmmaB, Brybri, Bethan, Dodie all tour and have shows. What's problematic with the Gleam shows is that "The Crew" as they've registered their business partnership as a collective aren't doing the traditional meet and greets and sitc is the major UK one, they are doing their paid meet and greets and so as one you tuber put it have become a clique rather than being part of a 'community'. It's like all the cool kids at school having their cool party.

whyamihereee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by whyamihereee »

What I don't understand is why it has to be at the same time at SiTC, other than to be complete assholes!

Citrine
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Citrine »

I kind of think this business venture will be a bit harmful for the gleamers. They have (atleast before) stressed that it is important to collab with others (to gain more viewers), but with them now closing themselves off in that way it seems they will loose a bit in the long run?
They must be really sure of themselves to want to drift away from others (and also all those product launches kinda have their back money wise). If they somehow get their hand firmly into mainstream media then they have a chance of making it by themselves but otherwise - how are they planning to gain more of the US fanbase if they try going at it alone? Or will they not be as exclusive there and are just throwing their weight around in Britain because they know they can? (easiest way to get more into the US market is to interact with others who already have the subscribers)

Just wondering what the long-term plan is with this one..

SneezyB
Informer
Informer

Post by SneezyB »

They go on about how great a community YouTube is well they're just going to completely split it up by doing Amity at the same time?! Doesn't even seem like it's a bit of an "oh no Amity will overlap with SITC and we can't change anything, sorry guys!" but a lot more malicious and planned to have it at the same time as SITC to force people into making a choice and therefore reducing SITC's success/income etc. The Amity lot are money hungry fame hungry idiots.

savana1402
Informer
Informer

Post by savana1402 »

this was on my Twitter feed Image

Someone had retweeted it and I went to see and the girl is constantly tweeting Jim and Zoe. Maybe even the minions are noticing Gleams shady tactics. They are all still delirious as to the fact that their 'idols' are not in fact in it for them but for the £££ though.

LunaLovegood7
Learner
Learner

Post by LunaLovegood7 »

I loved Deans (as in Jack & Dean) tweet. :'D I guess he's also friends with Louise, so she will definitely have read it.

Return to “Louise Pentland”