The Vent Thread - Part 6.2

dulapeep
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Vent Thread - Part 6.2

Post by dulapeep »

I hate being that asshole to return drinks at Starbucks, but I also hate paying a lot for a drink that I didn't want. Oh well

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

Asjadhaskhaksdjh I'm so frustrated. I was holding a username on instagram (I know I know hoarding names = bad bad) and I went to get rid of my current one and use the one I was saving. I didn't get the password right until the third try, and then it said oh we need to verify your account because weird activity so we're sending you an email blah blah. Except now I can't remember which email I had linked to that account and I have multiple gmail accounts for different things so I've been tryna go through all of those to find the right one BUT NO LUCK YET and now instagram said they reset my password for 'security reasons' and need to find the email to find out how to retrieve the new password. SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH whiney baby problems

SoccerKat
Debater
Debater

Post by SoccerKat »

Well looks like I have a sinus infection. Gggrrreeeeeaaatttt... >.< On the bright side, since I'm contagious, I don't have to go to class!

RabbieWingz
Informer
Informer

Post by RabbieWingz »

Person wrote:
Person wrote:Why are Asian guys (I'm Asian, so it's cool) so fucking creepy? Ew! I know everyone keeps going on about **EDITED: OPENLY RACIST COMMENT** being pervs, but it's the **EDITED: OPENLY RACIST COMMENT** who are the true freaks.

Or maybe it's just a guy thing. Surely they can't all be so weird. It's as though they have no idea how to conduct themselves over the tintrawebs. Fucking hell! How can perfectly "normal" people turn into...cavemen once they aren't communicating face-to-face?!?!

Also, can there be some sort of PSA which informs men of "twitter etiquette"? Favouriting more than one of your tweets does not mean I want to fuck your sweaty, wrinkly ass. Oh, god! I could write a book on creepy tweeters.
:roll:

Firstly, I feel the need to clarify the first comment removed was NOT my opinion. I was expressing the opinion of many, as seen through the numerous social media accounts dedicated to "creepy White guys".

The second was never, to my knowledge, a slur. As someone who falls under the category, it's always been acceptable for me to use it. I've never seen anyone else who falls under the category deem it as dissimilar to "Black" or "White". But, I now know it's not allowed on this board, so I won't use it again.

However, there is no excuse for the massive generalisation in my post. I'm very sorry to anyone I offended. I allowed anger to blind my judgement and I didn't think of how my words would affect people. Sorry.

I'm still so incredibly pissed off. More so, in fact. It's come to the point at which I cannot leave the house without being harassed at least a few times. The reason why I pointed to Asian guys in my post from the other day was because I've literally only ever been harassed by them. It's so aggravating!

I don't know if it's because I'm the same race as them, or something. Like, in our...general culture, men are considered "superior" and in control. So, do they think they have some sort of power over me? That they have the authority to fucking discipline or "abuse/degrade" me?

It's not even as though I'm "sexy", or whatever. I have no tits and a crap face. I don't even stand out!

Last night, for example, (the reason why I'm so angry right now) I was at dinner with my friends- two White, one Palestinian.

My Palestinian friend and I were siting at one side of the table together, diagonally opposite a table of South Asian guys. They kept whispering to each other and glaring at us, then they started mouthing things. At first I wasn't really paying attention, but then I noticed they were calling us "sluts" and "whores". Wtf?!

I'm so fucking angry! I asked my friend if she was often harassed by "our" guys as well, and she said she's never been harassed by anyone but them and they ALWAYS do it.

Neither of our White friends said they'd ever received anything but the utmost respect and decency from Asians, and it's always White guys who harass them.

Idk...is it a race thing? Like, wtf?!

It's really starting to scare me. Especially after this one guy who was so butthurt over me ignoring him, he somehow managed to find some of my family members and tell them he saw me "being a slut". ARE YOU HAVING A FUCKING LAUGH?! You could have had me killed! The fuck did you expect me to do? Throw my arms around you and thank you for making me fear for my safety?

Now I don't know how to conduct myself in this city. Is every fucker going to report back to the big guns? I need to "get" the fuck out of here and this is one of the reasons why.

I'm genuinely worried about going to work now. The route I have to take goes past this guy who was the inspiration for my post from the other day. The first time I saw him, he seemed like an alright guy who was just trying to make conversation. And he is...in real life. We exchanged numbers over time- and it's like Jekyll and Hyde! Whenever he used to say something which made me feel really uncomfortable, I'd brush it off as a language barrier (his English is pretty broken). I barely even reply to him, but that makes him really mean.

Honestly, I don't feel safe near him. I tried to be nice to him and it didn't work. So, then I was very blunt, and it still hasn't worked. He was very aggressive. Now he's suddenly being nice again and acting as though he doesn't understand why I don't like him. On Sunday, I basically told him how he was making me feel, and he started to threaten me!

I told my mother and she said she can't go anywhere near this part of town which is very heavily populated by South Asians and Middle Easterners. It's because the guys always leer and shout horrible things.

My cousin was saying when she was Down South staying with family, anytime any Asian girl left the house without a guy, the guys would scream abuse at them.

This can't be a race thing. What the fuck is wrong with these guys? The specific ones who say and do this crap? What?! Were you dragged up? Did your parents conceive you anally, you pieces of shit?

Side vent: I think I'm slowly becoming suicidal again. Fucking yay.
Sorry, I'm curious, which part of Southern Asia are you from? (Don't tell me if you don't want to).

Cuz I just wanna say HOLY CRAP I CAN RELATE on so many levels haha
It's pretty sad when you're own people (not sure how to word that lol) can make you feel insecure and uncomfortable :(

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 0222 »

I just filled out 3 online job applications on my dinky phone using shitty wifi... That was a task!

But I hope I get hired somewhere!!! It's the holidays!! Someone hire me!!! I'm tired of being an unemployed loser!! I want to deserve to live!! Hire me!!!!!!!!

Now to fill out more!!

hobbitsies
Debater
Debater

Post by hobbitsies »

I have asked my friend to pay me back £40 three times now and still nothing. I am starting to feel like the bad guy which is fucking ridiculous. If I don't get it, the ticket is going to someone else I'll go by myself if I bloody have to.

Also, another friend of mine is in a creepy as fuck relationship. Her boyfriend is friends with mine and he said to him the other day, he didn't understand how he could let me go visit my other friend when I am visiting. Maybe because my boyfriend is a controlling freak and I am not dependent on him.

makeupfairy
Learner
Learner

Post by makeupfairy »

All you've done is do unimpressive makeup on a Halloween trail and now you're telling everyone that you're a makeup artist to try and look cool on the internet. As someone working hard in the industry it is really annoying.

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

0222 wrote:
But I hope I get hired somewhere!!! It's the holidays!! Someone hire me!!! I'm tired of being an unemployed loser!! I want to deserve to live!! Hire me!!!!!!!!

Now to fill out more!!
Baby I know the struggle. It's a real bruise to the ego when I'm denied even the most basic, entry level jobs. I hate the thought of looking "desperate" I guess, but you still have to try.

And not to sound like a brat, but I still hate my parents for not lifting a finger to help transportation wise, yet they don't want me to take the bus because I'm a girl. Or even be happy, really. Solo is the best way to go.
Last edited by RoseHammer on Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

RabbieWingz wrote:Sorry, I'm curious, which part of Southern Asia are you from? (Don't tell me if you don't want to).

Cuz I just wanna say HOLY CRAP I CAN RELATE on so many levels haha
It's pretty sad when you're own people (not sure how to word that lol) can make you feel insecure and uncomfortable :(
Well, I'm not actually from there (visited once), but my family's a mix of Afghani, Pakistani, and I think one of my grandmother's family is from Iran. They're economic migrants, I guess.

It's so good to find someone else who relates, because I don't like talking about it due to the generalising and racial insensitivity thing. Like, I don't want non-Asians to think I'm making it up. Sometimes I feel as though I'm being paranoid, but it is actually happening and is a serious issue!

In a way, I don't want to say it's a matter of "culture", but, tbh, I think it kind of is. It's as though they think they own us, or something, because we're women of their background, ya feel?

(Update on the Jekyll & Hyde guy: I walked past him twice today and he did nothing but glare. He seemed to start walking after me, but fucked off the minute I turned around :/)

DramaticBateman
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by DramaticBateman »

My college is really pissing me off lately. Me and some other people created a bill stating that all new buildings should have unisex/family bathrooms for transgender people, disabled people, women with kids, etc. Half of the SGA is starkly opposed to this (IMHO just because it benefits the LGBTQ community), and I'm honestly shocked. Like wtf? How does a unisex bathroom compromise your values? It's a fucking bathroom.

kaylie27
Talker
Talker

Post by kaylie27 »

I hate that this might come off as ungrateful but me and my boyfriend had our baby shower this past Sunday and barely anything was purchased off our registry, we got a whole bunch of clothes instead of the stuff we actually need. I appreciate the thoughts but that is why people create a registry!

ruby_x
Informer
Informer

Post by ruby_x »

McQueen. wrote:I GOT IT ALL BACK. Happy tears.
YAY! :D So happy that you got it back! :tu: I totally felt your pain when I read your 1st post... I would probably die if that happened to me, I have like 8,000 songs in my library

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

ruby_x wrote:
McQueen. wrote:I GOT IT ALL BACK. Happy tears.
YAY! :D So happy that you got it back! :tu: I totally felt your pain when I read your 1st post... I would probably die if that happened to me, I have like 8,000 songs in my library
Oh man oh man a year ago or so the same thing happened to me. Everything in my library was gone and I wasn't able to recover anything except for a few songs so whenever I need to charge my ipod I stay far away from itunes because I'm afraid of it syncing and deleting everything off of it lol. I'M GLAD U GOT IT BACK.

McNewbie

Post by McNewbie »

I hate fireworks. They drive me insane because I have to listen to my dog who has major anxiety issues bark and growl at them all night. We even got him medication to calm him down but it doesn't seem to be working. I can't wait for bonfire night to be over.

Kurokos
Learner
Learner

Post by Kurokos »

I am so angry with my former workplace. If I don't get my pay from my last few shifts I'll be livid. I heard they didn't give another lady her pays from her last few shifts the other day from someone who used to work there for a long time.

And I don't have a thank you button so I can't thank people for posts :(

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

Of course I waited to write an entire essay, re-write another essay, and study for an exam all in one night. The re-write I thought was okay, but I asked a friend and she was like well that doesn't even make sense. So I re-tried writing the sentences in question, but of course she isn't responding now. Instead of saying that doesn't even make sense she could have tried a little more with feedback. Plus the whole new essay has to be pretty close to perfect because I can't afford to get Bs and Cs when I have a scholarship on the line. And I know instead of ranting I could be working but I am literally so stressed rn.

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

I felt bad for doing this, but at the same time it was so much fun:

So I went to a concert of one of my favorite bands of all time lastnight. I also went with a couple friends, one of whom was always on my tail even though he's about as smooth as extra crunchy peter pan. He's always nervously chattering and trying to put his hands on me, it's so annoying.

So while standing with him, there happened to be this cute guy behind me. Being a little intoxicated and having a good time, I started dancing with the cute guy to make a point of showing him that I'm not interested and never, ever will be. I have a tendency to be way too nice to people, but when I'm pushed over the line I can be quite spiteful. It's fun <3

loljokesss
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by loljokesss »

I hate that I miss you and I hate admitting that you look good in a suit (no matter how childish that is).

Fuck. I'm screwed.
:toss:

loljokesss
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by loljokesss »

loljokesss wrote:I hate that I miss you and I hate admitting that you look good in a suit (no matter how childish that is).

Fuck. I'm screwed.
To add to this, ITS LIKE YOU KNOW I THINK ABOUT YOU BECAUSE WHEN I DO I GET CUTE SNAPCHATS AND TEXTS. UGH.

Sorry for the double post, ladies. :love2:
:toss:

esslyt
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by esslyt »

So, I have a small blog, I write about beauty, makeup and food. And I have maybe 1200 clicks. Not much. And I don't expect people and companies inviting me to their events. Because I'm frikin nobody. BUT, today I've opened my gmail, from my blog and realised I was invited to a blogger event that was a pretty big deal. AND I MISSED IT! DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN. :grrrr: :grrrr: :fit: :*&^%:

English is my second language, sorry for any misunderstandings.

Return to “Absolutely NOTHING To Do With Gurus”