Emily's hidden Sponsorships

BitchBarbie
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Emily's hidden Sponsorships

Post by BitchBarbie »

Where I live I often see new displays of maybelline makeup with Emily's image on them and I've taken pictures of them in Walmart, drug stores etc. I wrote and asked her several times if she ok'd them and she never answers.So I wrote a different question another time about her hair and she answered. I phoned the company and asked if it was Emily and they said,'Yes'. I wonder what else she's hiding when it comes to sponsorships because her husband is a lawyer and would know what she can get away with not telling her viewers and subscribers because in her videos or information bars she never mentions it but I do know she sure talks alot about Maybelline products especially 'Baby lips' and she mentions them often. Now I know why. She says she never is sponsored and I use to like her for it but I'm wrong and she is sponsored many times over. the sweet Emily I use to like I wonder about now.

Mariner_Star79
Learner
Learner

Re: Emily's hidden Sponsorships

Post by Mariner_Star79 »

Emily should totally be called out on her sponsorship with maybelline. Her subscribers should know that she is affiliated with them. IMO you should post the pics of the maybelline displays with her pictures on it so people can know that she's working with maybelline.

cmks
Learner
Learner

Post by cmks »

Yes, pics please!

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

Wow, thanks so much for telling us! I always thought she was one of the few honest gurus left. She always writes in her description boxes "I have never accepted money in exchange for a review". I wonder how much they pay her to mention their products for each video. I'm estimating in the 3-5k range. Missglamorazzi gets 18k. Proof - http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=9382

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

Getting paid to have her face on their displays isn't the same thing as getting paid to mention products, though. They're wasting their money on Emily if they are sponsoring videos, because she doesn't give Maybelline more attention than any of the other drugstore brands.

MH_hasmyheart
Lurker
Lurker

Post by MH_hasmyheart »

She doesn't accept money for reviews but she is sent things for free to review. Like the maybelline the nudes palette everyone else got that she even said she didn't like. I don't really care if she gets paid to have her picture on things cause she still gives honest reviews in my opinion and she doesn't even hardly mention maybelline lol at least compared to any other makeup brand she reviews. I mean girls gotta pay bills somehow and I don't really think she's doing anything bad

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

I still think she was paid. I don't believe for a second she voluntarily did it for free.

thebombdotcom
Debater
Debater

Post by thebombdotcom »

I've only seen her pic on a WnW display but had no idea she was on Maybelline too, pretty cool but shady that she's never mentioned that

spacebound
Learner
Learner

Post by spacebound »

Wait, what? Her face on Maybelline and WnW displays? No wonder why she talks a lot about those two companies... Pictures please?

katlynp
Learner
Learner

Post by katlynp »

Maybe she gets paid for the displays but doesn't get any products for free or doesn't get paid for a sponsored video. Therefore she would not have to tell her viewers cause the company didn't give her money/products for that video.

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

^ She definitely gets products for free, she said so herself. She was the very first person to recieve and review the maybelline nudes palette. I'm inclined to believe that she's always been truthful about the products she got for free, and not getting paid for reviews. Putting her face on displays is a different issue. Technically if she was only paid for her face, then she has done nothing wrong with not disclosing it. It's fishy, yes, but not wrong unless she's also getting money from companies for videos.

thebombdotcom
Debater
Debater

Post by thebombdotcom »

spacebound wrote:Wait, what? Her face on Maybelline and WnW displays? No wonder why she talks a lot about those two companies... Pictures please?

I didn't take a pic but I remember her retweeting or tweeting her wnw display a while back

bruna
Talker
Talker

Post by bruna »

I think Emily is very honest in her reviews, and I doubt she is getting paid. I often see her saying she dislike some of the products, whether it is the texture, or blendability whatsoever.

I think she is the only beauty guru whose opinion can be trusted.

And yes, getting paid to have your face shown up in a display is completely different than getting paid for reviews. It's like modeling. In her BB Express reviews, she often says the products were sent to her. But I paid attention, and she did say bad things about products that were sent to her for free.

D00dur4l0s3r
Learner
Learner

Post by D00dur4l0s3r »

Unless you can provide pics as proof, i smell poo ;)
:toad: Haaaaeeeyyy :toad: Gggguuuiiiiiyyyttthhhsss... :toad: Iiiiiii :toad: hoooooope :toad: yyyyeeeeewww :toad: aaaaallll :toad: aaare :toad: ddddoooweeeen :toad: wwaaaaaeeeelll. :toad: Aaaaauuunnd :toad: tooodaaaaauuuyyy... :toad:

Mischief

Post by Mischief »

Archived
And so I cry sometimes when I'm lying in bed...Just to get it all out, what's in my head...And I, I am feeling a little peculiar...And so I wake in the morning and I step outside...And I take a deep breath and I get real high...And I scream from the top of my lungs..."What's going on?"...

Return to “Emilynoel83”