Off-Topic Discussion Not Related to Jen

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Off-Topic Discussion Not Related to Jen

Post by Fat Shark »

I have a nasty coworker like that. She is always being sarcastic and rude. She denegrates other people when they make mistakes. She assumes people will fail if given a task. She claims she can't eat gluten, and tries to act non chalant about it but always whines loudly if we have a luncheon and there is nothing she can eat. She is rude and loud and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it because she is a competent employee. Me asking "why would you say that" would just generate a sarcastic remark.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Princess LushBomb
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Princess LushBomb »

My friend is having the same type of issue that you're going through. I feel for you!
"Did you all take stupid pills this morning?" credit given to Mr. Potato Head

retiredviewer
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by retiredviewer »

Was watching the Today Show this morning and there was Laura Vitale. She was promoting her new show. Someone must have helped her tone down her annoying voice. I can't watch her videos because of her voice but she sounded almost normal.

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fiercelyprivate »

I've watched a couple of Laura Vitale's videos because Michele1218 mentioned her. She was ok...I didn't have a strong reaction either way. Never subscribed because I cook paleo so none of her recipes are of use to me. There were a few that looked really good...may try them out one day as a special treat :D

makeupgirlie847
Informer
Informer

Post by makeupgirlie847 »

xyz wrote:I assume its everyone or at least more than just me bc when i brought the issue up to my boss he kind of smiled and nodded when he told me to just try to look over them basically.

Yes, I would like to ask him WTF his problem is but that wouldn't be good! Their attitude just basically ruins my work day when i have to work closely with this person where conversation would be normal.

After awhile i just realized that no matter how i approached conversation or what i tried to talk about it, somehow it always resorts to this person getting really pissed, i then had to tell myself that it cant ALWAYS be my fault directly even though they insist im attacking them. They work in a different area of the building than i do and maybe thats why they usually send him, so the ppl over there can get a break every once in awhile lol idk.

But thanks for acknowledging my venting. I dont always get to talk about my frustrations when i work this person.
Girl we are here for you and have all gone through something similar. It is the worst and I am so sorry you are dealing with Thai. Keep your head up and know that you are NOT the problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

retiredviewer
Talker
Talker

Post by retiredviewer »

Why does every vlogger whether beauty, food, lifestyle, or organization feel the need to do an outfit of the day? I'm watching My So Called Home which is an organizing/decorating/budget vlog and all of a sudden she's doing an outfit of the day. Now I see it on all kinds of channels. If I want this I'll go to a fashion channel. End rant!

retiredviewer
Talker
Talker

Post by retiredviewer »

Actually they seem to do them in their videos. I will be watching a vlog on fall decor or how to get organizers at the dollar store and all of a sudden the person says "let me do an outfit of the day" right in the middle of the video. Too many YouTubers try to do too much. Just stick to what you know. (Jen included)

lateKate
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lateKate »

Hey guys,
Just read an interesting article, thought I would share-
http://www.ocdla.com/blog/hoarding-clut ... pping-1882

ReasonableInference
Learner
Learner

Post by ReasonableInference »

S/O from HumbleBragLike Jen: Just out of curiosity....who are the other "housewife" Youtubers. I didn't realize it was a thing. Do they all tend to have, um, issues?

Meow
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Meow »

oops :lol: wrong thread

Lady_Cusstard
Informer
Informer

Post by Lady_Cusstard »

I think anyone who vlogs has issues. Youtube is great for aspiring artists (music or visual), and I think that is what it was intended to be. But this crazy nonsense where everyone thinks they are the star of their own reality series? My father used to say the Kardashians are the reason people in other countries hate us. Well.... we better hope they don't get access to youtube, because it seriously makes it look like every American is full of themselves and buying random shit all the time.

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

I'm putting this here to ask if anyone has experience with the Plum Paper planners? More specifically I want to know how durable they are. I am looking at buying one for next year but I'm kind of rough on my papers and books. I worry the edges will start to curl pretty quickly.

Now confession time: I own an ECLP. I like it a lot! I see alot of anti-EC talk so I am hesistant to admit I fell for the hype last year and asked for it for my birthday. I like how colorful and durable it is. I don't like the price though. This year I'm buying the planner myself. If I can get the PPP with an identical layout to the ECLP that just makes more sense to me. Plus I like the PPP covers more than EC and I like the budget and cleaning sheets. I just don't want some that will look beat up after a few months.

So thoughts?
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

hellocupcake
Debater
Debater

Post by hellocupcake »

ReasonableInference wrote:S/O from HumbleBragLike Jen: Just out of curiosity....who are the other "housewife" Youtubers. I didn't realize it was a thing. Do they all tend to have, um, issues?
I think we all have issues, but for some (us here!) it's fun to discuss issues others put out there, in this case, housewives. There are a few housewife vloggers, it seems, but none get as much traffic as Jen. For being such a "boring" housewife there sure are a lot of threads about her. :P

Hereditary Bunions
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Hereditary Bunions »

Fuchsiarama wrote:I'm putting this here to ask if anyone has experience with the Plum Paper planners? More specifically I want to know how durable they are. I am looking at buying one for next year but I'm kind of rough on my papers and books. I worry the edges will start to curl pretty quickly.

Now confession time: I own an ECLP. I like it a lot! I see alot of anti-EC talk so I am hesistant to admit I fell for the hype last year and asked for it for my birthday. I like how colorful and durable it is. I don't like the price though. This year I'm buying the planner myself. If I can get the PPP with an identical layout to the ECLP that just makes more sense to me. Plus I like the PPP covers more than EC and I like the budget and cleaning sheets. I just don't want some that will look beat up after a few months.

So thoughts?
I have used both and like PP a lot better. The paper is really nice quality and so much smoother than EC. Plus the designs are less in your face than EC. I also prefer the cover - it's matte and doesn't show smudges and scratches like the heavy laminate. I also like how much you can customize the weekly space. To me it's a classier version of EC.

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fiercelyprivate »

So Amelia Liana just posted a video and she's talking about having a meet-up in SpaceNK. Sounds like it's an actual organized event with SpaceNK. It's actually quite clever of them to do this because people will come out to meet Amelia and you know they'll all end up doing some shopping while there. Which then led me to start wondering...are some companies starting to possibly PAY Youtubers to host meetups in their stores to attract people there and make sales?? I wouldn't be surprised at all if Amelia is getting paid to show up there.

lipstick jungle

Post by lipstick jungle »

fiercelyprivate wrote:So Amelia Liana just posted a video and she's talking about having a meet-up in SpaceNK. Sounds like it's an actual organized event with SpaceNK. It's actually quite clever of them to do this because people will come out to meet Amelia and you know they'll all end up doing some shopping while there. Which then led me to start wondering...are some companies starting to possibly PAY Youtubers to host meetups in their stores to attract people there and make sales?? I wouldn't be surprised at all if Amelia is getting paid to show up there.

Oh, youtubers are now a thing and they sell themselves very easily-not sure if cheap- but they have no respect nor care for their brand/image.
They chose to say their holy grail is a blush and next week another blush and next week a new one.
It's an never ending line of products they just love and need and must buy and can't recommend highly enough and how it saved their skin.
Those same products are to never be seen again.

The, the more easy the money comes, the less they feel they should do because...why would they? They get paid anyway.

so hate comes flooding and their complaints and tantrum increases and then they are everywhere promoting everything and having their name in all crap that can be sold.

I have very respect for youtubers. ALL of them. They are not smart with their brand and it's going to be crash and burn like many one hit wonder everywhere.

I respect Fleur, she has managed to keep herself more or less exactly the same as when she started. Maybe because she came from money and is married to one of the few who didn't left his job to join youtube and has kept in touch with her non youtube friends- the majority of them are NOT youtubers.

Emilynoelle or something seems to be decent.

And I like doitonadime.

Now, I don't watch beauty videos anymore, but I feel those 2 are the exception to the rule

forever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by forever »

^^husbands leaving work to join Youtube? What kinds of jobs did they have? They must've had lousy jobs to begin with.
How much can they really make on YouTube? I only really watch housewives and their husbands still work at normal jobs.

lipstick jungle

Post by lipstick jungle »

forever wrote:^^husbands leaving work to join Youtube? What kinds of jobs did they have? They must've had lousy jobs to begin with.
How much can they really make on YouTube? I only really watch housewives and their husbands still work at normal jobs.

1st, sorry for the mistakes, I typed and left and that's never a good thing.

I have NO respect for youtubers, was what I meant, not that I have respect , like I wrote.

Well, Louise husband was a language teacher and now makes videos.
All the daily vloggers no one works.
from the SJ he worked in something with editing or whatever and he quit. Benji (itsjudyslife) was in real estate and didn't even renew his licence. Sam schauerman or whatever has a husband who also quit and those don't even have that much subscribers.

Aslan - from Estee no idea if he quit yet, but he created a channel and seems to be going in that direction - who else?
I don't remember But I can pretty much say how normal one youtuber is if the other member of the couple is OUTSIDE of it. EVEN DON tried and I think at one point he said what a cool little career or something ( I really forget everything they exactly say, do don't take my word for it) when he did videos. Then the heat got a bit too much and he was smart enough to leave.

I think it pays fairly well for people like Jen who are partners and are long enough with HUNDREDS of videos that still get views daily and that still click on the links underneath the videos. Plus, the sponsorship that PAY LOADS. and freebies.

If one devotes enough time and uploads enough videos then it can pay.
why the guys want to have no career and be happy just tagging along what started as their wives hobbies, I have NO idea.

Rory0425
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rory0425 »

Does anyone know how to share pictures on here? I thought it would be fun if we wanted to share photos of pets, houses decorated at Christmas, basically anything...it doesn't have to be a personal photo. Thanks! :)

organizedPhlegm
Informer
Informer

Post by organizedPhlegm »

upload your photo to imgur.com (after creating an account). after the photo is uploaded there is a bar on the right hand side which gives you the codes for embedding the photo. there are several different codes, depending on which format you will be posting on, the one that you want is the 'BB' (bulletin board) code. just copy and paste that code here and your issue should be resolved.

i have often thought of creating a thread called 'shopping like jenions' because of the many times when i find goofy owl or bee stuff at TJ Maxx or something. i take photos of this crap for my own amusement. i suspect most of us have similar experiences and it would be fun 'to share' :D
thank you jeebus for this orla kiley walking pharmacy, or i'd be disorganized phlegm

Return to “Pretty Neat Living”