General Discussion - Part 6

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Discussion - Part 6

Post by YouslessTube »

Next tutorial with stupid silver eye shadow titled - Enchantress of the Moonlight or Asthetic Aura of the Moonbeam. :P I swear she googles synonyms for moon or other shit and puts words together for video titles.

mychelle+
Informer
Informer

Post by mychelle+ »

YouslessTube wrote:Next tutorial with stupid silver eye shadow titled - Enchantress of the Moonlight or Asthetic Aura of the Moonbeam. :P I swear she googles synonyms for moon or other shit and puts words together for video titles.
You nailed it.

SuperSmashPeach
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by SuperSmashPeach »

Trololol wrote:I have a feeling that she's delaying her next makeup video because she has no idea what to do next.
isn't that the story of her life? 8-)

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

So is she still with Dominique or no?

YouSonOfATrish
Learner
Learner

Post by YouSonOfATrish »

1. She isn't as CREATIVE as she claims. So her next makeup video will be BS as the latest ones she's done (meaning 97% of her videos).
2. She has the IPSY money now, so she is definitely over Youtube and all that crap.
3. I hate how she uses titles (and topics) such as "Zodiac Sirens" or "Ethereal Aura" to try to be all alternative and shit, but bitch is generic as fuck.
4. She isn't as pretty as it seems at first sight . She just knows how to cover it with all those futuristic asian cosmetics she praises and photoshop/filters (*caugh* and plastic surgery).
5. Her last project ICON was a major flop. No one seemed to be interested.
6. People are starting to get over her.

Michelle Phan, :FU: and try to create something better for society. <3

Lady_Si
Informer
Informer

Post by Lady_Si »

Chiyou wrote:
Rock Addict 420 wrote:Look who got a shoutout in this Buzzfeed article and who didn't!!!! HAHAHAH who would have thought it would be her instead of "Most Subscribed" wanna be MUA

http://www.buzzfeed.com/cathyngo/kickas ... n-industry
Wow, that's actually kind of awesome, haha.

Despite how some GGers have criticized Chriselle's "auntie" fashion sense sometimes, I have always gotten the vibe that Chriselle had a bit more credibility than just riding on the coattails of Michelle. I believe Chriselle was already involved with fashion styling before she and Michelle partnered up together, and doing so just helped Chriselle put herself into the online media spotlight. I'm glad she's doing so well for herself.

LOL that Michelle didn't get the "digital pioneer" spotlight since a lot of people seem to like to consider her a pioneer for the Youtube beauty community and branching out to other digital media, etc.
I´ve found Chriselle thru Mish a few years ago, unsubscribed from Phan and stayed with Chriselle only.... I love her for how hard she works even during her pregnancy and after she gave birth and still is a mother who is there for her daughter (her snapchats are adorable) :) I don´t know, I never understood why some people critisized Chriselle..
Long time lurker, but newly subsrcibed.
English is not my first language, so I´m sorry for any future mistakes in grammar :)

Rock Addict 420
Learner
Learner

Post by Rock Addict 420 »

Hey guys, could someone please do me a huge favor???, my cousin just signed up for IPSY and I can't for the life of me find the evidence of blood and mold being found in the bags during its start and the X-Out controversy, she and her boyfriend just moved and I just don't want her spending money on something that goes to someone with such a bad reputation
)O( Blessed Be )O(

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

Rock Addict 420 wrote:Hey guys, could someone please do me a huge favor???, my cousin just signed up for IPSY and I can't for the life of me find the evidence of blood and mold being found in the bags during its start and the X-Out controversy, she and her boyfriend just moved and I just don't want her spending money on something that goes to someone with such a bad reputation
That was when it was still My Glam

supaaa
Informer
Informer

Post by supaaa »

Trololol wrote:
Rock Addict 420 wrote:Hey guys, could someone please do me a huge favor???, my cousin just signed up for IPSY and I can't for the life of me find the evidence of blood and mold being found in the bags during its start and the X-Out controversy, she and her boyfriend just moved and I just don't want her spending money on something that goes to someone with such a bad reputation
THERE WAS BLOOD AND MOLD???

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

supaaa wrote:
Trololol wrote:
THERE WAS BLOOD AND MOLD???
I tried googling, here's what came up.

[youtube][/youtube]

There was another video about it, but it has been set to private, probably due to a sudden case of Minion Rush (I HOPE SOMEONE GETS THE REFERENCE TROLOLOLOL)

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

Next video - Iconic Mold and Ethereal Aura of the Blood Moon.

FAKEBLOOD
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FAKEBLOOD »

Purple lipstick for a 90s makeup look? Is she on drugs? All the makeup in the 90s was neutral. Or it was that darling white eye shadow/black liner/mascara combo that all the tanned babes would wear! Doesn't take a genius to find that shit out through a google search.

Miss Polly
Debater
Debater

Post by Miss Polly »

FAKEBLOOD wrote:Purple lipstick for a 90s makeup look? Is she on drugs? All the makeup in the 90s was neutral. Or it was that darling white eye shadow/black liner/mascara combo that all the tanned babes would wear! Doesn't take a genius to find that shit out through a google search.
looks like she is always on drugs... blue and purple drugs... I'm a 90's teen and the intire video was just a big joke... who in the right mind is going to dress to head to toe in pastel colors, edges, 1000 accessories and a purple lip and a transluced backpack :x

The video is a insult to my young life
my english doesn't exist.

Lefaineant
Informer
Informer

Post by Lefaineant »

^I think of 90s rave scene with the purple lipstick and outfit which wasn't mainstream at that time from what I recall. So I can't really say it's nostalgic.

Miss Polly
Debater
Debater

Post by Miss Polly »

^Lefaineant I'm 31 years old, the 90's was my scene, the rock, trance/rave, alternative was my vibe as a teenager/young adult, I can say for sure that the purple lipstick was not a trend, as everything in any era, was a thing, but not a trend in any scene inthat time, the pastel tons was a thing yes, but most with pre teens, and in magazines, but not in real life... some things scream 80's to me... if she is such a youtube star, don't hurt to make some search for info... and not cool to see a 27 (?) woman looking like a weird teenager (sorry my terrible english).

Miss Polly
Debater
Debater

Post by Miss Polly »

Guys... I think is time to open another topic... we are in the page 40...

Lefaineant
Informer
Informer

Post by Lefaineant »

Miss Polly wrote:^Lefaineant I'm 31 years old, the 90's was my scene, the rock, trance/rave, alternative was my vibe as a teenager/young adult, I can say for sure that the purple lipstick was not a trend, as everything in any era, was a thing, but not a trend in any scene inthat time, the pastel tons was a thing yes, but most with pre teens, and in magazines, but not in real life... some things scream 80's to me... if she is such a youtube star, don't hurt to make some search for info... and not cool to see a 27 (?) woman looking like a weird teenager (sorry my terrible english).
I remember someone sported it back in the day but it was metallic lavender (like this https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... b97676.jpg). Not the one Phan wearing. I do agree that some it do look like the 80s. The problem with the video is that she neglected to know that early, mid-, & late nineties were distinct from one another in fashion and style. I can only remember mid to late nineties. It was certainly not what Phan depicted. She was a nineties kid, so I don't where some of the stuff came from.

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

For part 7 of general discussion can we come up with some creative title like all the other sections on GG?
Like.... Michelle Phananigans part 7
Michelle no talent Phan part 7
Michelle phanny part 7

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

Miss Polly wrote:^Lefaineant I'm 31 years old, the 90's was my scene, the rock, trance/rave, alternative was my vibe as a teenager/young adult, I can say for sure that the purple lipstick was not a trend, as everything in any era, was a thing, but not a trend in any scene inthat time, the pastel tons was a thing yes, but most with pre teens, and in magazines, but not in real life... some things scream 80's to me... if she is such a youtube star, don't hurt to make some search for info... and not cool to see a 27 (?) woman looking like a weird teenager (sorry my terrible english).
couldn't agree more. I grew up in the 90s. I wasn't a teen. I was small. But I still have the magazines stacked up :D

Return to “Michelle Phan”