General Discussion - Part 6

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Discussion - Part 6

Post by snuffy777 »

Trololol wrote:Lisa Eldridge is coming up with a book.

Makeup, as we know it, has only been commercially available in the last 100 years, but applying decoration to the face and body may be one of the oldest global social practices. In Face Paint, Lisa Eldridge reveals the entire history of the art form, from Egyptian and Classical times up through the Victorian age and golden era of Hollywood, and also surveys the cutting-edge makeup science of today and tomorrow. Face Paint explores the practical and idiosyncratic reasons behind makeup’s use, the actual materials employed over generations, and the glamorous icons that people emulate and how they achieved their effects. An engaging history of style, it is also a social history of women and the ways in which we can understand their lives through the prism and impact of makeup.

I wanna buy it. It sounds well thought out, and it's an appreciation toward the many different makeup styles from many different culture. EGYPTIAN MAKEUP. Way better than the random YAKINI YAKINI Michelle was trying so hard to push when she did her Egyptian Queen makeup.

This is a makeup book that I am actually jumping up and down wanting to get my hands on.
Wow, it is already an Amazon #1 Best Seller and it hasn't even been released yet! Lisa deserves it--she is the epitome of grace and genuineness--a true artist. It is amazing the difference in the quality of work that Lisa contributes to Lancome compared to the cheesy, UNprofessional, amateurish crap that Michelle puts out. It's almost embarrassing. I didn't even know that Michelle was still working with Lancome..?? People in the comments don't seem to be too enthused about it.. (sorry, I'd screenshot but I don't have a phone ATM)

"I used to watch Michelle's videos and I thought she was THE beauty guru. Then I discovered Lisa Eldridge and wow. Now I realized that Michelle actually knows NOTHING about make up. Lisa is a true professional and artist, Michelle is just some girl on Youtube."

"Go away Michelle! Lisa runs this show now!"

"How about making a mascara tutorial video that actually shows how the lashes looked before and after and gives tips on how to apply it. In other words, a video that tries to be a bit more than a primitive ad. You have Lisa Eldridge to show you how..."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OT: Sorry if this has already been mentioned before.. but Michelle is making a documentary of her life? WHAT. :?

This interview was from October 2013. She said the director had been filming her journey for the past 2 years and the movie was expected to come out the next year, which would've been sometime in 2014. Has anyone heard anything about it?

Lefaineant
Informer
Informer

Post by Lefaineant »

snuffy777 wrote: OT: Sorry if this has already been mentioned before.. but Michelle is making a documentary of her life? WHAT. :?

This interview was from October 2013. She said the director had been filming her journey for the past 2 years and the movie was expected to come out the next year, which would've been sometime in 2014. Has anyone heard anything about it?
I think it's this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An6fIMWbKMA. It's not a full length documentary of her life like that interview made it out to be.

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by snuffy777 »

Lefaineant wrote:
snuffy777 wrote: OT: Sorry if this has already been mentioned before.. but Michelle is making a documentary of her life? WHAT. :?

I think it's this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An6fIMWbKMA. It's not a full length documentary of her life like that interview made it out to be.
THAT was it? Lol. What a joke. Wait...are you sure?? 'Cause in that interview Michelle said the director was Evan [Jackson Leong] and that he'd been filming her journey for the past 2 years. The #IAm Michelle Phan Story mini-documentary was directed by Andrew Oh.

Post by Guest »

I can't find the article posted earlier this year, but she talked about how she invested her money(besides camera equipment) and mentioned that said documentary didn't come to fruition.

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by snuffy777 »

YUCK! wrote:I can't find the article posted earlier this year, but she talked about how she invested her money(besides camera equipment) and mentioned that said documentary didn't come to fruition.
Ah, thanks for the info! :tu: OMG.. she invested her OWN money and provided camera equipment to make a documentary film about herself? Yeah, 'cause that's not narcissistic at all!

Post by Guest »

LOL, I meant her upgrading her camera equipment for better production quality.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

YUCK! wrote:LOL, I meant her upgrading her camera equipment for better production quality.
You can have a million dollars worth in equipment and production value, but it is still gonna look like shit if you can't do proper makeup. Michelle needs classes. From an actual professional. One who works with more than just blue, pink and purple eyeshadow.

quietunknown
Debater
Debater

Post by quietunknown »

I had a double take when I saw this because I thought it was Michelle.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

I think that Michelle has been watching Witches of East End. She's over doing the magic thing lately, and I have a feeling this is the reason why.

supaaa
Informer
Informer

Post by supaaa »

Trololol wrote:I think that Michelle has been watching Witches of East End. She's over doing the magic thing lately, and I have a feeling this is the reason why.
IDK what Witches of East End is but are you commenting on her tarot card use? I'm surprised she hasn't claimed to be a wiccan and talked about other magicky stuff.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

supaaa wrote:
Trololol wrote:I think that Michelle has been watching Witches of East End. She's over doing the magic thing lately, and I have a feeling this is the reason why.
IDK what Witches of East End is but are you commenting on her tarot card use? I'm surprised she hasn't claimed to be a wiccan and talked about other magicky stuff.
It's a pretty cool TV show about the lives of witches in the modern day who have lived over hundreds of years as their family suffers from curses. It has potion making and spell making and tarot card usage. And the ladies are very hot and glamorous and I think Michelle hopes to be like them. There's even a dude who reminds me of Dom what with the shaggy hair and Italian Stallion vibe about him.

Post by Guest »

supaaa wrote:
Didn't she claim to practice wicca in her once-upon-a-time blogspot? The same one where she posted herself in questionable wear while getting baptized lol
Chiyou wrote:I just started laughing and was like, "EXACTLY! You can't!" Then I told him about Michelle's response where she's like, "filters are an art form blah blah blah" and he was like, "She sounds so stupid. wtf."
Can anyone help search for the screen cap? I can't seem to find it at the moment. Much appreciated!

dru_irkins
Debater
Debater

Post by dru_irkins »

I don't know where I can post this, but BuzzFeed's The Try Guys used Michelle Phan's videos for their video: The Try Guys Try Makeup Tutorial.

Link:

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

Lisa Eldridge is one of the few makeup YouTubers who is worthy of being called a "guru".

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by snuffy777 »

Perhaps I'm way off, but considering that Michelle is a walking New Age cliche, I personally don't think that she's approaching tarot from the Wiccan/divination tradition, but rather from the esoteric/occult (hidden knowledge) tradition.

Many people believe that tarot is much older than 1400 Europe, tracing its history back thousands of years to ancient Egypt and the Kabbalah 'Tree of Life'. While tarot cards are used as divinatory tools, one of the major original uses was for acquiring self-knowledge through the interpretations of the symbolism on the cards. A law of attraction "like attracts like" type of thing, if you will, our subconscious (hidden) mind is reflected back to us in the cards drawn (as within, so without), revealing our "inner world" to us -- or, making the unconscious, conscious -- that we may have a better understanding and knowing of our self.

Although... Michelle is so fucking shallow, it would appear that the only thing she uses tarot cards for are as props in Instagram photos to show her dreamers how ethereal and in tune with the supernatural she is. :roll:

Rock Addict 420
Learner
Learner

Post by Rock Addict 420 »

Guys she's on Yahoo again saying the same bullshit story, other than staying off the internet is there any way to IGNORE HER?!?!?

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/michelle-p ... 69478.html
)O( Blessed Be )O(

Miss Polly
Debater
Debater

Post by Miss Polly »

YUCK! wrote:
supaaa wrote: IDK what Witches of East End is but are you commenting on her tarot card use? I'm surprised she hasn't claimed to be a wiccan and talked about other magicky stuff.
Didn't she claim to practice wicca in her once-upon-a-time blogspot? The same one where she posted herself in questionable wear while getting baptized lol
Chiyou wrote:I just started laughing and was like, "EXACTLY! You can't!" Then I told him about Michelle's response where she's like, "filters are an art form blah blah blah" and he was like, "She sounds so stupid. wtf."
Can anyone help search for the screen cap? I can't seem to find it at the moment. Much appreciated!
YUCK ... here is the screencap that you are looking for... I don't remember the video...

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/Aeris55/1_zps5y4vwr7t.png[/img]

from this page [url]http://www.gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=12957&start=750[/url]
my english doesn't exist.

Post by Guest »

^Thanks a lot! :tu:

EDIT: It's from the "Ethereal Aura" video

YorkshireTea
Learner
Learner

Post by YorkshireTea »

YUCK ... here is the screencap that you are looking for... I don't remember the video...

from this page http://www.gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.p ... &start=750
Ha, the only difference is that the artists actually had talent.

Lefaineant
Informer
Informer

Post by Lefaineant »

Her explanation is laughable. The finished look shouldn't rely on a filter to deem it artistic. Phan's just compensating for her poor execution. The OP in that screencap is right. It misleading for those who want to do the look (I don't know who in their right minds would).

Return to “Michelle Phan”