Ingrid's (unhealthy?) Relationship with Food

VeronicaSawyer

Ingrid's (unhealthy?) Relationship with Food

Post by VeronicaSawyer »

Since there is a lot of discussion in the general thread about Ingrid's weight and whether or not she has a healthy relationship with food, I thought I would make a thread devoted to discussing that

VeronicaSawyer

Re: Ingrid's (unhealthy?) Relationship with Food

Post by VeronicaSawyer »

Oops, if this isn't allowed, then the mods can remove it. There's constant discussion on this topic in the general thread and someone requested that a separate thread be made for it

PinkPhoenix
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by PinkPhoenix »

Someone make a rule that we cannot "self" diagnose her with an eating disorder. That can be a touchy subject.

ILovePaulBanks21
Learner
Learner

Post by ILovePaulBanks21 »

I kind of feel a little uncomfortable with this thread. I think we shouldn't diagnose or even discuss her weight in general. It is a very sensitive topic.
Image Image

laurenconrad
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by laurenconrad »

I think either way people are still going to discuss it and it's better to have it all in one place so if you are uncomfortable with the topic you don't even have to read it!

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

It's been discussed, and will continue to be discussed, regardless of whether we have an independent topic or not. If the thread is against some sort of regulations, by all means delete it. But that's not going to stop people from discussing her weight or her eating habits. The way she puts it all out there for everyone to see, it's going to be discussed. Sure, counting her calories is a little bit crazy (who actually did that and why?) but the subject is open to speak about. She opened those doors all on her own by constantly talking about her diet and (to a lesser extent nowadays) her "fitness" routine and making herself out to be some sort of healthy lifestyle guru now. When you tell everyone how seeeeewper healthy and awesome you are and you look the way she does, there are going to be questions. Whether you notice the sallowness of her skin, the hollowness of her face, the visible spine, the gaunt looking frame, the thinning hair...or just how she suddenly looks 10 years older than she did only a few months ago...it's all up for discussion because she is putting it out there with big flashing neon signs saying "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT HOW HEALTHY I AM." We're taking in what she's telling/showing us and we are concerned. Not only for her, because we suspect she is not nearly as healthy as she puts on, but for the children that she is influencing with this odd behavior. If you're uncomfortable with the subject, ignore it if you have nothing productive to add. I'm uncomfortable with topics which discuss peoples children...so I don't visit them or I ignore them when they're brought into general discussions. Simple. As far as I'm aware, we are not breaking any rules...so there is no reason to shut down the discussion.

Dishonored
Learner
Learner

Post by Dishonored »

There's other gurus that have specific threads that talk about weight/calorie intake/food/what have you, so I don't see how this would be against the rules? I've only seen said threads for bigger gurus, but same rules should apply, soo..

HatsuneMiku
Talker
Talker

Post by HatsuneMiku »

Dishonored wrote:There's other gurus that have specific threads that talk about weight/calorie intake/food/what have you, so I don't see how this would be against the rules? I've only seen said threads for bigger gurus, but same rules should apply, soo..
^^ Yeah, I've seen a lot of threads like that, and if it were against the rules, wouldn't have all of those been taken down?

freckles mcgee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by freckles mcgee »

Anyone else notice that on her dream board or whatever it's called in her desk video how many pictures of food there was? The type of food she used to enjoy and not beat herself up for eating it.

PinkPhoenix
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PinkPhoenix »

^ I just posted a picture of that in the other threads, here you are! Image

Bumble B
Informer
Informer

Post by Bumble B »

For topics like this, it can be really touchy. I think whether it stays up depends on how the members discussing it go about things. If people are taunting someone's weight, shaming how their body looks in any way, or trying to diagnose them with an eating disorder, then it will be taken down. But (I haven't watched this guru, so I'm unsure) if this guru is the type who openly talks about food or shares what she's eating regularly, I would expect things like that to be discussed, since you all obviously discuss what this guru does.

Basically, if the guru shares this with her viewers and you all continue to discuss things constructively and within the rules, I will keep this topic up. Because topics like these can go downhill quickly (and they have before, hence why many topics like this have been removed or locked), please immediately report anyone who makes comments that don't follow the rules or make you feel uncomfortable in any way.

Also, I don't know who Tanya Burr is, so I didn't personally deal with how that topic was handled. But for now, I'm going to leave this topic up and just keep an eye on it.

pie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pie »

HoardganizedJen wrote: ETA: I went back to look and it looks like there was a separate thread for Tanya's weight that went on for 26 pages but was then locked. There isn't a mod note on the last page but IIRC, they said something in the main thread? Idk, does anyone remember this or maybe I'm just going crazy.. :lol:
I never participated in the Tanya thread but read frequently when she was still "in" with Fleur and Ingrid. That thread was shut down because people would frequently call her "Jabba the Hutt" and post pictures comparing her to Ursula from Little Mermaid :-? People also constantly got into fights over everything. It was a mess.

sunshine21

Post by sunshine21 »

Ingrid suddenly showing/talking about all of this unhealthy food reminds me so much of Germany's Next Topmodel when they showed Heidi Klum eating very unhealthy food (like burgers, mayonaise sandwiches, candy etc.) like 90% of the time they filmed her and saying things like "Mhhh, so yummy", she also told girls that they were too skinny to participate - it was super ridiculous as it was so obvious that they only did it to regain sympathy ( in earlier seasons they dismissed superskinny girls who "had to lose weight" or told participants that they had to be careful to not gain weight during the contest).
So, imo it's the same thing Ingrid does - she only shows all of that unhealthy stuff so people stop talking and think 'Ah yes, she "eats" donuts again, no struggling with eating bad food anymore."

tps
Learner
Learner

Post by tps »

So with the whole "why she lying" re: Joey and sushi...maybe we've been thinking about it all wrong. If she is doing this whole starvation/'healthy' diet thing to fit in with the new boyfriend, perhaps she really did scarf down all that sushi since she wasn't under his watchful eye for the first time in who knows how long.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

When she had a crush on one of the sortedfood boys, she was the BIGGEST foodie around. She was all into yelp and posting about it in her info box. She would make her own cooking videos on youtube that instead putting nutella into hot chocolate.

When she was with Luke, she ate at the cheesecake factory all the time. She ate out of cans and drank coffee all the time. That's because Luke was a manchild.

With Chris, she's trying to be refined and healthy. She's all of a sudden a health nut and restricting what she eats. But when she's out, she forgets that she's supposed to be "healthy". Her sad looking face when she ate fries with Fleur, her forgetting to substitute almond milk, and now with joey, she's devouring the sushi. When Chris is around, she can't even drink a sip of a starbucks drink, she pretends that she got almond milk instead of regular milk, and she's all about making homecooked meals. She used to buy precooked chicken meat with Luke to make a homecooked meal.

I think she has issues. She's trying to keep up with this image and it's taking its toll on her. All the junk food on her inspiration board is really weird. She could just have a cheat day once a week. It won't kill her.

ILovePaulBanks21
Learner
Learner

Post by ILovePaulBanks21 »

I know before I would think that this whole food issue was just all in our minds and that we were over reacting about this situation, or how we shouldn't even be addressing it. I must admit, looking at her "inspiration" board... it made me think otherwise. Its just filled with random pictures of junk food!
Image Image

astyle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by astyle »

tps wrote:So with the whole "why she lying" re: Joey and sushi...maybe we've been thinking about it all wrong. If she is doing this whole starvation/'healthy' diet thing to fit in with the new boyfriend, perhaps she really did scarf down all that sushi since she wasn't under his watchful eye for the first time in who knows how long.
I honestly do believe she ate a lot of sushi. I def. agree w/ you and think that this was her binge/guilty pleasure treat away from the BF's watchful eye. Either that or I think she really didn't eat anything all day just so she can fill up on the calories of the sushi... just sayin'

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

Also let's not forget its Joey's idea of a lot of sushi.

imashamedofthis
Learner
Learner

Post by imashamedofthis »

an0n wrote:Also let's not forget its Joey's idea of a lot of sushi.
Good point. In reality, it was probably what most people would consider a full meal.

VeronicaSawyer

Post by VeronicaSawyer »

Wait, would Joey's idea of a lot of sushi be more or less than the average person's idea? Lol I'm confused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Ingrid Nilsen”