Stores you hate/dislike

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Stores you hate/dislike

Post by RoseHammer »

I'm starting to get a bit fed up with my local Ulta. For one, it takes them forever and a half to get any new products in while other stores are always on point with new stuff. It's also not even that old, it opened up like 2 years ago but it is SO goddamned messy compared to some of the older ones I've been to. I'm talking like a whole drawer of NYX blushes where the powder somehow got everywhere and everything was scattered. Like seriously it may just be the drugstore side of the store but having open packages and the product spilled out all over is disgusting.

clydefrog
Learner
Learner

Post by clydefrog »

Walmart, i just hate everything about that place. Ive been boycotting it for over a year now, i will not go in there for any reason. All the stuff comes from china and i try to avoid products from there. The employees suck, which i can understand why, but the customers are animals! Especially with their screaming children.

Sunoco, their gas is better than wawas but the pumps NEVER fucking work!! 1/5 times i go there the pump actually works. Plus, non english speaking immigrants work there so i cant even go inside because i cant understand them and they cant understand me.

Friendlys, the customer service at the 1 i went to was horrible, the guy assumed someone elses kid was mine, which was a huge insult because i at the time i looked like i was only 17, and that kid was at least 5 years old.

Dennys, they discriminated against me for being white. Last year my boyfriend and i decided we really wanted to try dennys, weve never been there. So we look it up and the closesst one is 1 hour away. So we drive an hour there and we go in and EVERYONE was black, we were the inly white people. There were already people waiting for a table so we sat down next to them because none of the employees even greeted us so we thought we had to wait in line. As time passes the people who were there before us got seated, then all the people after us got seated until we were the only ones left. We tried to get someone attention but they would not look at as. So we left, i was fucking livid because we drove 1 hour to be treated like that? Wtf. So we went ti carrabas and it was amazing

Lipstick
Talker
Talker

Post by Lipstick »

Walmart, Forever21

bunnybutt420
Informer
Informer

Post by bunnybutt420 »

- Lush. As almost everyone mentioned here, the sales technique can be.. overbearing. I have terrible anxiety and when I do venture into the city, I'm already in 'frightened rabbit' mode. I like to go in, get shit done fast/buy whatever and LEAVE. I also always have pre-planned what I would like to purchase as this helps ease anxiety, if I don't know what I want.. I will panic. So you can imagine then, walking into Lush is a nightmarish experience. I don't mind a single greeting or whatever, but it's the pestering.. the watching.. I just can't. Also, I've been touched several times by Lush employees.. several times they have just put product on my hand (without me even asking!), one employee even dragged me by the arm over to the store sink to show me another product. I feel their sales techniques are invasive and just generally.. dreadful. I actually really like Lush products and as much as I genuinely want to support local jobs, I tend to buy all my Lush stuff online now
- Primark. The messy stores tend to set off my anxiety as well as pushy shoppers who will do anything to get what they want. I've also found the sales assistants to be so miserable and when I check out at the till, I almost feel uncomfortable because the staff are so blank. Also, I hate it when I go to the tills and the sales assistants are talking to each other and you, the customer, get the 'ugh how dare you interrupt our conversation' look. I wouldn't mind but I also work in retail (in a video game shop) and I love having a laugh/conversations with customers.
- Hollister/Abercrombie. Turn on some fucking lights. Turn down the music. Also, that body spray/cologne they spray everywhere gives me a headache.

There is also a scattering of beauty counters in department stores (there's no dedicated makeup shops/sephora where I live) who have had snotty, rude, snobby sales assistants. Thankfully, it's usually just one or two staff members that are snobby and there have also been very nice, genuine staff members too.. so that's life I guess :)

Mia Wallace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mia Wallace »

^^^ not that this is an excuse, but I know people who work at primark and its a really crappy place to work so that might be why the sales assistants are like that. My primark is always so busy anyway that there isn't really time to have a chat with the cashiers haha.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

Wal-Mart. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but I just feel disgusting when I go in there, it's so depressing. I only go there if I absolutely HAVE too, other than that, I avoid it at all costs.

Forever 21. I work there, so it's basically my second home. Needless to say, I loathe it and hate every minute of my life when i"m working there.

Hollister Co

Abercrombie & Fitch

Brandy Melville. Kind of a love/hate relationship. Their clothes are ridiculously small, one size fits one fucking all. Give me a break. I went into a Brandy store in NYC and they had a lot more clothes than they do online and they were quite cute; I also noticed they were a LOT more expensive than they were online, and once again, ridiculously small. The workers weren't very friendly, either.

And for those complaining about LUSH: Employees are TRAINED to do that. My friend works there and she told me the managers always make the employees follow around the customers, and basically never leave them alone and they can actually get in trouble if they don't do it. Same with Sephora. They realize they're probably annoying you, but it's part of their job. Like at my store, my managers make us get shopping bags and go up to people in the store--even if they have one item--and ask them in a very peppy tone "Would you like a bag for your items?" It's just part of the policy.

Mia Wallace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mia Wallace »

Yes, Lush training is crazy! I couldn't deal with working there, I like their products but I never go there anymore because the staff jumping all over me makes me really anxious.

Could someone explain what forever 21 is like and why it's bad? We don't really have it here in the UK except in big cities and I've never been in one. I guess I always assumed it was like Primark but I don't know.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

Mia Wallace wrote:Yes, Lush training is crazy! I couldn't deal with working there, I like their products but I never go there anymore because the staff jumping all over me makes me really anxious.

Could someone explain what forever 21 is like and why it's bad? We don't really have it here in the UK except in big cities and I've never been in one. I guess I always assumed it was like Primark but I don't know.

Forever 21 is a clothing store. It has a lot of clothes and to be fair, F21 is very good with keeping up with the trends, and making clothes cute and affordable. It's a pretty good place to shop at, we always have good deals going on, but it's utter hell to work at. The managers care more about the customers than their employees and it's basically just a lot of hard work and nothing to show for it. I plan on quitting after the holidays :x

Mia Wallace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mia Wallace »

BornThisWay94 wrote:
Mia Wallace wrote:Yes, Lush training is crazy! I couldn't deal with working there, I like their products but I never go there anymore because the staff jumping all over me makes me really anxious.

Forever 21 is a clothing store. It has a lot of clothes and to be fair, F21 is very good with keeping up with the trends, and making clothes cute and affordable. It's a pretty good place to shop at, we always have good deals going on, but it's utter hell to work at. The managers care more about the customers than their employees and it's basically just a lot of hard work and nothing to show for it. I plan on quitting after the holidays :x
Aw that sucks. I hope you find something better, not all retail jobs are like that!

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

I dislike shopping at pretty much any store at the mall. I like to browse and take my time because it's so difficult to find clothes that I like, but I look much younger than I am and I think I am often perceived as a potential shoplifter because of it. At places like Walmart and Target, I find that so many employees walk by and glance my way as if they too think I must be a shoplifter. It's frustrating, especially because I'm choosing to spend my money at a certain store and yet I'm being watched in that way.

Once I made a trip to Lowe's for mouse traps and so many employees were watching me as I walked by that I held my hands up in the air so they could see that the item was in my hand and I wasn't stealing anything. I must have looked ridiculous but I was just that annoyed.

I reluctantly bought a huge purse a few months ago so that I can keep folders of info from work inside it. I realized that it was much worse at the store when I had a big purse with me, so I've taken to just putting my wallet in my pocket and leaving my purse in the trunk of my car. I understand that having a big purse and being relatively young are both warning signs for being a shoplifter, but it doesn't mean it isn't annoying af. Besides, I'm pretty sure the demographic that steals things the most is middle-aged women.

I work in retail myself and I have a good feeling for when someone is stealing. It doesn't matter the age or gender. When I get that feeling, that's when I watch someone. I believe that I have pretty good instincts about it. I definitely don't suspect someone as a thief just because they're young.

eevee
Informer
Informer

Post by eevee »

I don't like Ulta because they have so much makeup that's tested on animals ):

Hearts
Learner
Learner

Post by Hearts »

Forever 21: Too many knockoff items and cheap clothing.
The most endangered species
The honest man
Will still survive annihilation
Forming a world
State of integrity
Sensitive, open and strong. ~RUSH

eevee
Informer
Informer

Post by eevee »

wanderlust wrote:I reluctantly bought a huge purse a few months ago so that I can keep folders of info from work inside it. I realized that it was much worse at the store when I had a big purse with me, so I've taken to just putting my wallet in my pocket and leaving my purse in the trunk of my car. I understand that having a big purse and being relatively young are both warning signs for being a shoplifter, but it doesn't mean it isn't annoying af. Besides, I'm pretty sure the demographic that steals things the most is middle-aged women.

I work in retail myself and I have a good feeling for when someone is stealing. It doesn't matter the age or gender. When I get that feeling, that's when I watch someone. I believe that I have pretty good instincts about it. I definitely don't suspect someone as a thief just because they're young.
that's so dumb just live your life they can't arrest you for nothing!

Just wondering, as working in retail, were you told to say something if you see someone stealing? i used to know someone who shoplifted and she said she just did it right in front of employees and no one cared. also i knew someone working in retail who was told a stolen item or two isn't worth the pandemonium and trouble it would cause to call them out. i'm just curious because that seems odd to me.

Mia Wallace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mia Wallace »

^ I work in retail and if someone is shoplifting there is pretty much nothing you can do about it. You are supposed to make the person aware of your presence, like go up to them and ask if they need any help looking for something or whatever. You can mention it to a security guard if you see suspicious behaviour but even they can't do anything until the person leaves the store.

GentleAblaze
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by GentleAblaze »

I like Lush but when I was in their New Street branch in Birmingham the other day it wasn't that busy but it seemed to have more staff than customers (someone's obviously been recruiting for Christmas) I got approached and asked if I needed help about four times, including after I'd already received help picking a relaxing bath bomb (I'm fairly new to Lush but didn't want to spend much money so I just wanted to quickly get one bath bomb) I know they're just trying to be attentive but I found it a bit annoying.
I'm in agreement with bunnybutt420 about Primark, their stores are sometimes so packed and busy that it puts me off going in there. I wish they sold their products online so people don't have to go in store to browse their products. They have great Christmassy stuff at the moment but sometimes I'm just not in the mood to navigate through the chaos. I know there isn't much they can do about the crowds, but their stores are also kind of messy. I found makeup (foundation) marks on the necklines of several jumpers in one branch.

BooRadley17
Learner
Learner

Post by BooRadley17 »

I have a longstanding love/hate relationship with Urban Outfitters. A lot of their stuff is so gorgeous and a lot of it is just fucking ugly and aimed toward those grunge-hipsters that will cringe at their old wardrobe ten years from now. And their apartment stuff: I love the rustic, "cheap" look and UO has a lot of furniture and things with that theme, but they're so expensive. Everything there is expensive and tbh I don't think any of it is high enough quality to warrant the price... but still, a lot of their clothes are just so pretty. I'm torn. :?

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

I love TJ Maxx and Marshalls, but I absolutely hate the lighting in their fitting rooms. They have to large bright lights on either side of the mirrors, kind of like a vanity, and it makes you look awful. Every stretch mark, blemish and bruise shows up in that lighting. Whoever came up with the idea to do that should be fired.

eevee
Informer
Informer

Post by eevee »

shopping in MAC is also really annoying because they won't leave you alone to just browse ): i feel that way about yankee candle too but mostly MAC

nightmanoeuvres
Informer
Informer

Post by nightmanoeuvres »

I actually don't dislike many places. Most employees tend to leave me be, because I always have a pissed off look to myself. Lol
But I can never find anything cute at Tjmaxx EVER. I have to shop in the plus size section and their clothes are so fugly.
Also I never have a problem with being spied on for shoplifting but I did catch a girl who worked at ULta doing it to me one day lol. My friend and I were shopping in there And I spent forever on the drugstore side trying to decide what I wanted. The girl was stocking stuff over there and she must have went looking to see where I went, because she walked around quietly to the aisle I was on, and I looked up at her and she jumped and scurried away....lol. Like really? I make my own money I ain't gonna shoplift your shit damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

Mia Wallace wrote:^ I work in retail and if someone is shoplifting there is pretty much nothing you can do about it. You are supposed to make the person aware of your presence, like go up to them and ask if they need any help looking for something or whatever. You can mention it to a security guard if you see suspicious behaviour but even they can't do anything until the person leaves the store.

Some stores are different, but yeah, we basically have the same rules. We aren't allowed to ask anyone if we can check their bags, even if we CLEARLY saw them take something off a rack and put it in their purse. We just have to tell the managers and let them deal with it. Usually, security is called.

On Thanksgiving/Black Friday weekend this lady stole money from these teenage girls and it caused a huge shit show. These girls were like 13 and I guess their mom gave them $100 to go shopping and one of them had it in her back pocket and it fell out when she was leaving the dressing room. No one saw this, but a girl in the fitting room found the money on the floor and was asking around if anyone lost any money when this lady and her kids came out of nowhere and was like "Yes that's my money, I don't know how it fell out of my purse, I'm so glad you found it" and took it. Probably about 15 minutes later, the girls came back and were like "Did you guys see any money on the floor? I had $100 and it's gone" Oh fuck.

Long story short, we knew that lady had wrongfully taken the money and said it was hers. We called security and the lady just yelled at all of us saying it was hers :roll: Nothing happened. Smh.

Return to “Absolutely NOTHING To Do With Gurus”