Stores you hate/dislike

RMORMO-SleepsNoMore
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Stores you hate/dislike

Post by RMORMO-SleepsNoMore »

Let me just say I have to vent this because I am so angry and upset over shopping at Sephora yesterday! I literally was there for about 20 min and 7 different times for a total of 5 different people came up to me and asked me the usual you need help blah blah. Particularly this one lady at the very end before I left totally just bombarded me came up right in my personal space as I was trying to look at something. She was the one who came up twice to me back to back. I think they think I was trying to steal! Little did they know I wasn't the one who was stealing in the store that day! Fuck them! I will never go in there again! I left without buying shit cus I felt hovered over and watched which I hate! Besides what do they care it's not like they own the store and are losing their own money anyways even if I did steal wtf.
.....loving you is really hard....

f1shtail
Learner
Learner

Re: Stores you hate/dislike

Post by f1shtail »

I used to be a very frequent shopper at one of the Sephoras in my city. Then suddenly I used to be followed constantly by employees and even SECURITY GUARDS while I shopped. I have never stolen in my life, therefore I was very insulted by the behavior. I like to take my time while in Sephora and make sure I'm not wasting my money, therefore I like to test the products and such. I guess the employees and security saw me as a shop lifter..??? So I took matters into my own hands and contacted Sephora and told them about my discomfort in the store and explained everything. They apologized for everything and even offered me a free makeover. I didn't take the makeover and no longer shop at that location. It's insulting.. Especially if you're spending hundreds of dollars there. Sheesh.

Rogue
Debater
Debater

Post by Rogue »

Victoria's Secret has been pissing me off. Management is very shortsighted and mistreating their employees.

RMORMO-SleepsNoMore
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RMORMO-SleepsNoMore »

Yes! I saw a security guard come in while I was in there and another one just standing outside the store when I left. I couldn't believe it. I really never felt so hovered over in my life at a store. I really dislike when people ask me if I need help but I let it go because it is there job, but to be asked 7 times in such a short amount of time made me so uncomfortable, and after the last time I was asked, I went over to my my mom and said, "Lets go now! I am pissed off!". If I was in a bad mood I would have told the lady off, but I can only be mean if I get really made or am upset and about to pop my top, lol.
.....loving you is really hard....

freckles mcgee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by freckles mcgee »

For me it's Ulta. They never have anything in stock (especially if it's new) and my sister and I always have the employees constantly asking us if we're finding everything okay and kind of follow us around. We tend to spend a while in there and we're both indecisive so we'll shop around and then go back to one product repeatedly because we're deciding if we want it or not.

I also have a love/hate relationship with Forever 21. Some days I can go in there and find a million things and other times I'll find nothing. Ive had a few instances where the workers were rude and made me feel awkward for even being in the store but lately it seems like they're improving their customer service. I also refuse to order online from them because every time I've tried they double charge me, my order doesn't go through, and I have to wait a week for the money to go back into my account. The first time this happened I called their customer service and the lady burped in my ear.

Also, since we're on the subject of shoplifting. My sister and I were at King Soopers (I was a sophomore in high school I think) and this was when huge purses were in so I had one. I was waiting by the cosmetics for my sister while she picked something up and when we were about to leave this lady came up to me and asked me how I was and started asking me all these questions and then asked me to dump out my bag. It turns out this lady was the manager. So she had me dump out my bag on the counter in front of everyone who was waiting in line and I had to watch her look over what I had in my bag. Since I didn't take anything she apologized and said we could leave and my sister called my mom and told her what happened so my mom called the store and complained and the manager said to come back to the store. When we got there she took us into the movie rental area (back when they had those) and apologized and gave me a gift card to king soopers. It was so stupid that she took us to a private place for that but not to look through my bag. I hated going in there after that because she was always there but she left a few years ago. I'm sure she got in a lot of trouble because later that week I got a call from another manager asking me to come in so they could give me another gift card.
TLDR: I was accused of shoplifting at King Soopers and was given $50 in gift cards.

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

I hate those small stores you see in shopping malls where there are like 5 mediocre shirts/dresses on the wall and they're like 50 bucks.

I've also been in some Macy's that were awful, where the clothing range was just expensive Guess jeans to ugly "YOLO" shirts and Disney character shirts with nothing in between.

And Target.. I like a lot of their clothes, don't get me wrong... but I don't think they're very affordable. Around here a basic ( keyword: basic ) black hoodie is like 20 bucks. Actually nearly all the shorts, tops, pants, are 20-23 dollars apiece. They're nice material but they're all pretty plain and unremarkable.

Rogue
Debater
Debater

Post by Rogue »

^ YES! I was all excited to get a target and I went in and was like "... this is what all the hype is about?" I could understand it if the clothes were like 40% cheaper than what they are, but for the quality of the items that shit is overpriced.

BebeSwan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by BebeSwan »

I avoid my local Victoria's Secret, OMG they HOUND you endlessly asking you OVER and OVER if "you're finding everything ok"

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

Lush is my worse. They shop assistants are so pushy and this has happened in every store I have been into. The last time I went into my local store I was approached 7 times by the 4 assistants in the space of ten minutes (I had a big Christmas present list and was working my way down it). The last assistant wouldn't go away when I said I wanted to shop on my own and just followed me around. I just walked out! I turned round as I walked out and all four were stood there gaping at me!

LaLocaDeLosGatos
Learner
Learner

Post by LaLocaDeLosGatos »

Glad to know that im not the only one who got hoovered at Sephora, although i think it was racial profile because other clients were not bothered. (This was on a holiday to Catalonia, which have a rep for being xenophobic and what not :/ )

Hearts
Learner
Learner

Post by Hearts »

Forever 21....
The most endangered species
The honest man
Will still survive annihilation
Forming a world
State of integrity
Sensitive, open and strong. ~RUSH

hustle rose~
Informer
Informer

Post by hustle rose~ »

LaSenza.
I needed a beige bra and the only one they had was $60 friggen bucks so I bought it.

Fast forward to three weeks later. The bra strap is beginning to rip and fray. I bring it back and ask for a refund.
They say no, it's been more than 2 weeks and it has been washed so they rudely lecture me that I shouldn't machine wash my bras. I said excuse me, I have NEVER hand washed a bra in my life and they have never fallen appart this fast. I've had $5 Wal-Mart bras last years! I wanted a nice quality bra and the quality did not reflect the price I paid.
So after much arguing they reluctantly gave me a refund on a gift card.
So after spending the gift card I vowed never to go back.
Fuck them.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

Michael Kors.

This happened on sunday, I went there with my dad and we were looking around when suddenly this lady comes over and asks us if we're finding everything ok, that she could give me a different size of the jacket I was looking at if I wanted, I said "No, thanks, I'm not getting anything, I'm just browsing" and she was all like "WHY?! WHY AREN'T YOU GETTING ANYTHING?!" and gave my dad a look like "get something for your daughter" then I proceded to say that I was there looking for a gift for my mom who wasn't there that day and she was like "Where is she? Why didn't she come with you?! Did she do something wrong?!" in this annoying/trying to be funny voice. I seriously hate when sales assistants are nosy as fuck about your life. I won't deny that I'm rude to people who are like this because I hate when they try to be funny with you and they end up asking too many personal questions.

freckles mcgee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by freckles mcgee »

^I work in a grocery store and they want us to do stuff like that. Ask a ton of questions to try to sell customers more stuff. I hate doing it and feel so awkward because I know I, as a customer, hate that and think it's intrusive.

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer

Post by Tsubaki »

I never feel welcome at any of the MAC counters in the CBD. I understand that a lot of people don't like to be bothered when they browse but when I do want to ask for something, they're just chatting away and I don't like to interrupt. When I do look around for someone I could ask, I get these looks. Maybe it's the heavy makeup that make them look unfriendly. There were so many times I was deterred by the MAC ladies and I ended up purchasing from NARS instead. When I was starting with makeup, I was made to feel like I was incompetent at MAC but not anywhere else. It might be because it's usually quite busy but the ladies are just so impatient. However, if I ever have a specific product I really want to get, I travel further and make my way to a store. It's small but I don't feel like I'm judged as much and I don't have to stand and wait for half an hour to get their attention as they are serving people who look more like their usual clientele.

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

I rarely go in this store, but i had the worst experience with it once. I went into Charlotte Russe a year ago to find an outfit for a competition I was doing. I was in the store with my mom for at least an hour, we were the only ones in the store. There were about four or five sales associates, and not one even greeted us. I know it gets annoying when the sales associates come up to you a lot, but nobody came up to us the entire time we were in there. We had to hunt the girls down every time I needed to try something on. They all stood in a circle leaning on the tables talking/gossiping the entire time. I couldn't believe it. Nobody was doing their job. Then, when we went to check out, my mom was getting out her military I.D. so she could get a discount, but the lady had already checked us out. When we told her we wanted the discount, she just rolled her eyes and said she couldn't do it. If she had an ounce of good customer service in her, she would have apologized and returned the clothes then rung it up with a discount. If I wasn't in such a hurry that day, I would have reported all of them, and gave the cashier a hard time. They were all just so rude. I'm hope they lost their jobs soon after.

bluecoconutx3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bluecoconutx3 »

Sephora-I walk in to buy foundation and within ten minutes I have five different employees asking me if I need help!!! SO annoying!!
Forever 21-I have a two story one and it's very overwhelming. If I need help, I can never find any employees! I like to stick to online shopping lol

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

Forever 21 for me. I work there, and believe me, the way they treat their employees is awful, I'd say borderline abusive actually. It's such hard work and you get yelled at and talked down to by your managers 90% of your shift, and personally, I hate having someone who's probably 4, maybe 5 years at most, older than me yelling at me like I'm a child.

I never go to MAC anymore because their employees are RUDE as HELL. I stick to online shopping if I ever want something from there.

CoralCat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CoralCat »

Lush, everyone literally jumps on you (although as I understand they're basically told to do this in training) and once I went in with my friend who had never been before and they all jumped on us I said incredibly sternly "We don't want any help we are just looking and we are not going to buy anything" then dragged my confused friend to the other end of the store (she didn't understand why I was so firm and she knew we were going to buy stuff) then I explained to her but later she was looking at this mask stuff and a person asked if she could help and my friend let her and before she knew it she had 6 different creams on her arms and hands lol
Also when I went up to pay all the staff gave me such a look.
But yeah I try to avoid Lush as much as I can and when I do have to go in (usually for presents or with a friend) I basically stock up on all the stuff I like

Also Primark but that's because it's busy, there's usually screeching children and the clothes are always all over the store

RabbieWingz
Informer
Informer

Post by RabbieWingz »

PRIMARK
I live in Manchester, which holds the biggest Primark and it defiantly is not a blessing. It's ALWAYS crowded, full of people shouting, long queues and stressed out workers. Half the time it isn't even worth going there because nowadays the clothes are terrible anyway.
Altho I have to admit, when you DO find a good selection of clothes there, then it's fun because the clothes are affordable.

Return to “Absolutely NOTHING To Do With Gurus”