TheMomsView

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheMomsView

Post by ewokfan11 »

sadsong wrote:That's sort of correct. They actually stopped the production of the show after the three ladies were back in Idaho again. The show was never cancelled, the big production (and budget) just disappeared. It was still being professionally edited from Maker when it switched to Idaho and then I guess Maker disappeared didn't it :roll: It still looks like it is edited by someone who is not Col/Carlie/Kayli so who knows who's doing it.
That's WRONG! Maker DID cancel the show right before Carlie's wedding (she bitched that she no longer had an income for her wedding because Maker dropped them). They ALL mentioned it. Shay took over paying them and the people producing it live in Idaho. Maker dropped them YEARS ago.

The people producing it are friends with Carlie's evil husband. They did that podcast for a second. They live in Idaho Falls. They are in lots of videos.

Shay pays Carlie and Kayli's incomes—and has for YEARS.

sadsong
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sadsong »

Whatever9304 wrote:
sadsong wrote:That's sort of correct. They actually stopped the production of the show after the three ladies were back in Idaho again. The show was never cancelled, the big production (and budget) just disappeared. It was still being professionally edited from Maker when it switched to Idaho and then I guess Maker disappeared didn't it :roll: It still looks like it is edited by someone who is not Col/Carlie/Kayli so who knows who's doing it.
Its a production company (?) In pocatello who films/edit. A husband and wife company, their last name is porter I think. The wife Callie has been a guest some times. She got a baby cuople months ago.
Ah there we go then. Cool. I'm glad they have a decent editor and supporting a local business doing it.

For the person above asking. No I don't think TMV is a partnered channel. All of the Shaycarl etc channels de-partnered in the maker-Disney deal. Regardless, Maker studios no longer exists. It's been re-branded to a digital Disney network or something along those lines.

monstermonkey
Talker
Talker

Post by monstermonkey »

New to this thread so apologies if this has already been discussed but I just realized Sharzad is apart of a channel called For All Moms which is pretty much a direct competitor of The Mom's View. Funny considering she used to host The Mom's View. Anyways, I watched a few of their videos and it's so much better. Probably because they're not mormon and they actually talk about worthwhile topics.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

monstermonkey wrote:New to this thread so apologies if this has already been discussed but I just realized Sharzad is apart of a channel called For All Moms which is pretty much a direct competitor of The Mom's View. Funny considering she used to host The Mom's View. Anyways, I watched a few of their videos and it's so much better. Probably because they're not mormon and they actually talk about worthwhile topics.
Well, after Maker dropped TMV, I'm sure Sharzad was able to get out of her contract and move on to do other work. I agree her show is WAAAAAAAY better, and it is because of the more diverse views. TMV is just The Butler Sister Mormon View...and nothing else. I think it wouldn't even exist if Shay didn't feel obligated to pay Carlie and Kayli a salary!

alexandriablue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by alexandriablue »

Sharzad is now (or going to be soon) hosting a web show on Bravo's website with Angel. Good for them for branching out and ridding themselves of the Mormon View.

thisisnotmyusername
Informer
Informer

Post by thisisnotmyusername »

Also, the channel "For All Moms" actually talks about "mom stuff." They give practical advice for how to deal with a sick kid and infant CPR tips and other substantive information that is relevant to moms. TMV has turned into a soap drama starring the Butler ladies, where they sit around a couch talking more about their life updates than an actual informative topic. They KNOW that most of their viewers are Shaytards fans and more interested in their lives than about mom advice, so they milk that for all they can. This is fine to do, but then don't go around touting yourself as a channel for moms, when really it's just a soap about the Butlers and their lives.

giffgaff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by giffgaff »

Sharzad posted a video about her mother having stage 4 colon cancer and having a year to live :( .

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

giffgaff wrote:Sharzad posted a video about her mother having stage 4 colon cancer and having a year to live :( .
OH NO!!!!!!! Is it on her personal channel???

Her mom seems so young. How awful. :( :( :(

EDIT: Here's the video.
[youtube][/youtube]

Tea-and-Crumpets
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Tea-and-Crumpets »

Sorry but if I wanted to watch someone's 'day in the life' video there is a huge amount of vlogs on youtube to choose from. What a boring idea

thisisnotmyusername
Informer
Informer

^ Agreed.

Maybe they thought they it would appeal to non-vlog viewers. Which leads me to the question, I wonder what percentage of TMV viewers were not originally Shaytards/The Butlers viewers? I'm betting a very small percentage.

thisisnotmyusername
Informer
Informer

Oh my god, they interrupt Collette so much during the intro. Like you are not funny shut up and let her finish.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

Sharzad's videos with her mom today were SOOOOOO touching, brave and sad. Watch with Kleenex!

thisisnotmyusername
Informer
Informer

^^ I just skimmed through. WOW. My jaw is on the floor. What a beautiful, inspiration, positive soul. Her mom is truly someone who not only "chooses" to see the positivity in things, she really feels the positivity and joy of life deep inside of her. She has a gift and I can see that she IS a gift to all her family and friends.

I'm so glad Sharzad is sharing her story!

thisisnotmyusername
Informer
Informer

Kayli said on yesterday's vlog that the money they make from TMV videos goes back into TMV, so they're not making any money off of it. Did we already know this?

Vindictive_Kitten
Talker
Talker

Post by Vindictive_Kitten »

@thisisnotmyusername Obviously because filming inside Colette’s living room is such a high, and expensive production. All of those amazing, insiteful people that have guest starred, probably really had a damper on their end of the pay. :roll:

lowkeyshittalker
Informer
Informer

Post by lowkeyshittalker »

Vindictive_Kitten wrote:@thisisnotmyusername Obviously because filming inside Colette’s living room is such a high, and expensive production. All of those amazing, insiteful people that have guest starred, probably really had a damper on their end of the pay. :roll:
I think it is because they have a couple who film and edit their videos. I highly doubt they were bringing in much money to begin with anyways.

If stress burned calories, I'd be a supermodel

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

Maybe something has changed. Carlie FREAKED out about losing the Maker show because she said he had been counting the $$$ for her wedding. I'm sure Shay WAS paying Carlie and Kayli when it first started up again in Idaho, but just never took off and it went away when they took their break.

Maybe Shay cut Carlie and Kayli off because TMV makes no money and it was just a bad investment for him? That would sort of explain problems between Casey and Shay. TMV came back to YT right around the same time Shay and Casey stopped being seen together. I honestly have NO idea how Casey and Kayli make $$$ these days. I guess that's why they do so many brand deals now more than ever.

I guess the publicity of doing TMV gets advertisers' attention, so that's a different was to earn $$$. I just can't believe Carlie would be doing it for FREE.

WheresMyCoffee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WheresMyCoffee »

I cannot believe they would all do that for free. It's kind've embarrassing that after like 7ish years it doesn't make them enough to bring in a paycheck.

Imboredand
Learner
Learner

Post by Imboredand »

Did anyone watch the Mochi video? They were getting ripped apart in the comments for their blatant disrespect

ChemoSobby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ChemoSobby »

Imboredand wrote:Did anyone watch the Mochi video? They were getting ripped apart in the comments for their blatant disrespect
I get that they didn't like it, and while I've watched vids like "Koreans try McDonald's!" where people who've never tried something western before sometimes go overboard in their dislike, it just came across as very ignorant in the way that they handled it. I put up a comment stating that if they thought mochi was bad, maybe they should try durian next. :lol:
Behold the field in which I grow my fucks. Lay thine eyes upon it and thou shalt see that it is barren.

Return to “The Butlers / The Shaytards”