Meghanrosette General Thread - Part 7

socks123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Meghanrosette General Thread - Part 7

Post by socks123 »

For her sake I hope it turns out the way she wants it to. I can only imaine how depressed she would be if it came out bad.

Post by Guest »

ilikeitlikethat wrote:Funny how people get plastic surgery for "medical reasons" those days. Trying very hard to find a medical reason to fix something they esthetically don't like. I've seen this several times (YT and real life). And when I see Megan's nose before, I think this girl has a problem because it looks perfectly fine. This constant aim for a perfection that doesn't even exist makes me sick.

Anyway, she'll soon get the boob job and so on, but will never be happy anyways.

I quite liked her parents, they seemed to be very loving, caring and smart. But my mind changed because they actually approved this operation. I mean, how old is she, 21 or something ? Crazy ...
What's the difference if they get plastic surgery for medical reasons or for personal reasons? It's their body, they can do whatever they want with it. It should have no impact on you whatsoever. Just because you think it looks perfectly fine does not mean she has to leave it as is.

Samisgossiping
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by Samisgossiping »

CrystalC wrote:
ilikeitlikethat wrote:Funny how people get plastic surgery for "medical reasons" those days. Trying very hard to find a medical reason to fix something they esthetically don't like. I've seen this several times (YT and real life). And when I see Megan's nose before, I think this girl has a problem because it looks perfectly fine. This constant aim for a perfection that doesn't even exist makes me sick.

Anyway, she'll soon get the boob job and so on, but will never be happy anyways.

I quite liked her parents, they seemed to be very loving, caring and smart. But my mind changed because they actually approved this operation. I mean, how old is she, 21 or something ? Crazy ...
What's the difference if they get plastic surgery for medical reasons or for personal reasons? It's their body, they can do whatever they want with it. It should have no impact on you whatsoever. Just because you think it looks perfectly fine does not mean she has to leave it as is.
I completely agree. I don't even think Meghan was hiding the fact the reason this started was because she wanted a nose job for cosmetic reasons, it just so happened that she would also be taking care of a potential medical issue. Two birds one stone.

If a person doesn't like something about their physical appearance then they have every right to change it and should have to justify it. It's her face and she's the one who has to look at it every day. If a new nose will make her happy then that's what matters.

Fuck what the public thinks.

loulou
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by loulou »

The only thing I don't like about it is that's she's getting it done while she's still battling depression.. She seems happier now, but so did I just after i started medication. I really do hope it turns out how she wanted so it doesn't down spiral for her. Cause I know what I was like just from getting a bad hair do while depressed on medication..a haircut!
****Merry Christmas Gossipers****

ilikeitlikethat
Informer
Informer

Post by ilikeitlikethat »

I knew the majority wouldn't agree with me but it's alright, I guess I'm a bit "old school" about that topic.

People tend to say they have plastic surgery for medical reasons even though it isn't always true (which Meghan says too , but admits it was for esthetical reasons at first).

And no, I don't think because you have something you don't like, then it's fine to see a surgeon and change it. It is becoming a standard now , boobs, nose, lip fillers, crash diets, its never enough, we are never enough until we look like Victoria Secret models. Personal point of vue, no offense to anyone who doesn't agree with me.

mariella
Informer
Informer

Post by mariella »

I don't know if this is a youtube thing though. Isn't it an LA thing to get plastic surgery? And with all the YTers moving there maybe they just got the bug that way?

Meg
Informer
Informer

Post by Meg »

I have conflicting thoughts on plastic surgery, but I will give her props for being up front about it and not lying or being super sneaky. She says in the description of the video she went in to fix the broken cartilage and found out she had a deviated septum and then decided that while she was getting those things fixed she would get some cosmetic work done as well. Besides the dent, which I really hardly ever noticed, I thought her nose looked perfectly fine. I can't imagine her next few vlogs will be that interesting because she will probably be resting in bed recovering. I agree with some people that it may not have been the best decision to do this when she is recovering from depression.

Meg
Informer
Informer

Post by Meg »

Doesn't it take a few months after a nose job for the nose to heal and take on its permanent look? Sorry if this is a confusing question, I wasn't sure how to phrase it.

ohliveuh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohliveuh »

Meg wrote:Doesn't it take a few months after a nose job for the nose to heal and take on its permanent look? Sorry if this is a confusing question, I wasn't sure how to phrase it.
As far as I know, yes. Nose jobs are pretty painful and take a little while to heal. She'll be pretty roughed up throughout vlogmas, I think. We'll probably see everything settled into place mid-January or so if my understanding is correct.

dazzle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dazzle »

If you don't like plastic surgery, don't get plastic surgery.
I'd rather drink a cup of acid after chewing on a razor blade.

noragrets
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by noragrets »

how long will it take to heal? aka how long are we stuck with marissa?

CaliforniaRepublic
Learner
Learner

Post by CaliforniaRepublic »

Idea for the next thread name: Meghan Nosette (too soon? haha)

Olay
Talker
Talker

Post by Olay »

I think I heard it takes up to 6-7 months until a nose is completely "done" and one can see the final result. There will be swelling for quite a while so when she takes the cast off it will not be the complete end result.

I also don't agree with the thought that just because a person gets one thing done they'll head down a downward spiral, get addicted to surgery and end up looking like that crazy cat lady. She also said she wanted it done for years so I don't think the Depression has much to do with it. I just don't think that everybody now has to jump on the extreme self acceptance bandwagon and be stuck with something they really don't like just to not get hate from people who think nothing should be changed about ones appearance.

Donniexx
Informer
Informer

Post by Donniexx »

I've been following Marissa for quite sometime and decided to sub to Meghan (today), can someone give me a summary on the kind of person she is? Please!

dazzle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dazzle »

xyz wrote:All im saying is i think it's a shame that young ppl especially those on YT have more confidence in a knife then they do themselves..life doesn't even revolve around the way ppl look. On top of that, maybe ppl should take a look at dulce's nose job and maybe think twice before just running out and getting it cut. None of the YTrs that i have seen who got nose jobs actually needed it as far as cosmetic reasons are concerned.

There are FAR more bigger gurus who have had some form of plastic surgery than not. I just think it's some kind of YT fad..it could have originally been bc most of them live in LA but there are ones not in LA talking about needing plastic surgery..this also falls into the line of all YTrs are clones of each other..if one gets it they all will.
Take a look at society. Life does very much revolve around the way people look. Just because it's easy for you to say "Have confidence in yourself instead of plastic surgery" doesn't mean it works that way for other people. I think most of them try that before getting surgery. I think you're being presumptuous for trying to shame people for the decisions they make about their very own body.
I'd rather drink a cup of acid after chewing on a razor blade.

DipDipDipMyBlueShip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DipDipDipMyBlueShip »

dazzle wrote:
xyz wrote:All im saying is i think it's a shame that young ppl especially those on YT have more confidence in a knife then they do themselves..life doesn't even revolve around the way ppl look. On top of that, maybe ppl should take a look at dulce's nose job and maybe think twice before just running out and getting it cut. None of the YTrs that i have seen who got nose jobs actually needed it as far as cosmetic reasons are concerned.

There are FAR more bigger gurus who have had some form of plastic surgery than not. I just think it's some kind of YT fad..it could have originally been bc most of them live in LA but there are ones not in LA talking about needing plastic surgery..this also falls into the line of all YTrs are clones of each other..if one gets it they all will.
Take a look at society. Life does very much revolve around the way people look. Just because it's easy for you to say "Have confidence in yourself instead of plastic surgery" doesn't mean it works that way for other people. I think most of them try that before getting surgery. I think you're being presumptuous for trying to shame people for the decisions they make about their very own body.
Plus, she even said in the video about how she is always on camera and her nose has bothered her for some time. So she is obviously conscious of her own appearance and her job is heavily reliant on her appearance. I'd say that if it's gonna make her feel better and have more confidence in herself then she should do it (and it's done now so no one else's opinions can influence her anyway).
RETIRED MODERATOR

pizzaparties
Informer
Informer

Post by pizzaparties »

It's not a "youtube fad". Plastic surgery has been on the rise these last few years because of all the medical advancements. There's no nice way to say this so you've probably been living under a rock if you don't think life revolves around the way people look. Most of these girls happen to live in southern California, where people from all over the world fly in to see some of the best surgeons. I'm sure SOME people might be pressured into thinking they need it by their peers and everyday environment, but then there are other people like Meghan and Lauren that actually needed it because of whatever issues they had. Even IF the nose job wasn't mandatory and helped them out a bit, WHO. CARES. Even if you don't think someone "needs" to get surgery or lose weight, you have to remember that beauty is completely subjective and you'll never see things from their perspective.
I'm very proactive and liberal about these things, in the sense that if there's ANYTHING you're unhappy with, go ahead and change it. Sometimes it sucks to hate something about your appearance and not have the $$ to change it.
Plastic surgery is like sex- you don't know who has had it, people don't typically openly talk about it because there's always someone who gets offended, if you don't like it, don't do it, etc., but more importantly someone else's choice to engage in it doesn't affect you in any way.

Post by Guest »

ilikeitlikethat wrote:I knew the majority wouldn't agree with me but it's alright, I guess I'm a bit "old school" about that topic.

People tend to say they have plastic surgery for medical reasons even though it isn't always true (which Meghan says too , but admits it was for esthetical reasons at first).

And no, I don't think because you have something you don't like, then it's fine to see a surgeon and change it. It is becoming a standard now , boobs, nose, lip fillers, crash diets, its never enough, we are never enough until we look like Victoria Secret models. Personal point of vue, no offense to anyone who doesn't agree with me.
I don't disagree with you, but people should take responsibility if they buy into that image. We are all bombarded with the same message from the media that you have to look a certain way, be a certain kind of skinny, have a certain kind of this, this, or that. I simply choose not to fall victim to what society thinks I should do, and more power to anyone else who feels the same way. If Meghan or anyone else honestly feels they have to change themselves to fit a mold in order to achieve any kind of success then they should shoulder a considerable amount of the responsibility, not society or the media. It's their choice to believe what the media tells them is truth.

loljokesss
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by loljokesss »

Holy fuck why is this turning into an anti-plastic surgery thing? The pure fact of the matter is that Meghan wanted to have the surgery for the cosmetic purposes at first and then her doctor added that it should be for medical. It doesn't matter whether you think she should have had it - because SHOCKER SHE ALREADY DID IT. Its her face and if she wanted to change it for medical/cosmetic/whatever else reason then good on her. If you don't like plastic surgery then don't get plastic surgery, it is that simple. I'm sure she doesn't need a bunch of people pushing their anti-plastic surgery agenda on her. :roll:
:toss:

Olay
Talker
Talker

Post by Olay »

:rofl:
[tweet][/tweet]

Return to “Meghan Rienks”