Beautybaby44 Part 10

Rootbeer
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Beautybaby44 Part 10

Post by Rootbeer »

I'm actually surprised that Lindsey knew what a tea steeper was called. When she was talking about she was "tea..... steeper". I honesty thought that she was going to say tea thingy or something really dumb.

jenibear105
Talker
Talker

Post by jenibear105 »

I actually really enjoyed her new main channel video. Aside from the obvious sponsored bits, I didn't mind watching it at all. I'm not sure why but she just seemed a different. There was a less annoying tone to her voice, and she did a fairly good job describing the products/thing she was showing.

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

cmoorebo_Oty wrote:I think she looks nice in her new video-her shirt isn't the most flattering but hair/makeup looked good.
And it was bearable even though she was sponsored.she didn't spend too much time "obsessing" over the pants like most people would have.she explained why she liked them and moved on
oh really? I thought it's the heaviest she's ever looked. Everything was terribly unflattering. She did not look good to me.

DramaticBateman
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by DramaticBateman »

I die a little inside every time Lindsey says "boughten." As in, "I've already boughten some in the past." Lindsey, if you're lurking here, the correct word is bought. Just stop making yourself look dumb.

cmoorebo_Oty
Lurker
Lurker

Post by cmoorebo_Oty »

byebyebye1 wrote:
cmoorebo_Oty wrote:I think she looks nice in her new video-her shirt isn't the most flattering but hair/makeup looked good.
And it was bearable even though she was sponsored.she didn't spend too much time "obsessing" over the pants like most people would have.she explained why she liked them and moved on
oh really? I thought it's the heaviest she's ever looked. Everything was terribly unflattering. She did not look good to me.
I said I thought the top was unflattering but I don't think she looks big. I don't think commenting on weight is necessarily fair. I know I struggle a lot to lose the weight that I keep gaining and it makes me feel like shit to hear people say Im looking heavy or fat. Its just something that doesnt need to be said.
Her makeup looked really pretty and she styled her hair nicely. I know a few others here agree, so I'm not crazy. Not everything on this thread has to be negative.
Sometimes I think things on this site are said just because people feel like they're allowed to do whatever they want on the internet. I like gossiping, but I don't like tearing people apart for no reason. Sorry :/
Maybe I'm just being overly emotional.idk.

lolaperkins
Talker
Talker

Post by lolaperkins »

Her grasp on the English language just disgusts me, "I haven't worn my hair like this... since, I don't know... like, since a really long time." :roll: Then she proceeds to say "OctUBER." I mean she was in AP classes in high school. Why would anyone within a professional industry, especially media where everything you say has to polished and professional want her working for them?

I also found she looked at herself in the viewfinder more often than usual during this video. It's not shocking that people aren't subscribing to her. Her description of products, lack of professional/original editing, and poor grasp of grammar are all indicators as to why she hasn't finally got there. I mean she's well known, and popular enough that the scope of her target audience (tweens and teens) have probably been exposed to her and until she diversifies her target audience she's unlikely to grow substantially.

abelxo
Learner
Learner

Post by abelxo »

tbh, i think you guys were exaggerating a little bit. i don't think the stuff in that haul was THAT ugly. ihow she's going to style them in the future are what may make them look ugly, but the actual pieces alone weren't that bad.

oceanic
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by oceanic »

abelxo wrote:tbh, i think you guys were exaggerating a little bit. i don't think the stuff in that haul was THAT ugly. ihow she's going to style them in the future are what may make them look ugly, but the actual pieces alone weren't that bad.
I agree. I read the forum before I watched the video and I was expecting to be laughing the whole time. A couple of pieces I actually like, but the smiley face shit was weird. I'd be embarrassed to be seen with Lindsey in those emoji shirts.

lifeisdolce
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by lifeisdolce »

kbisme wrote:I die a little inside every time Lindsey says "boughten." As in, "I've already boughten some in the past." Lindsey, if you're lurking here, the correct word is bought. Just stop making yourself look dumb.
On the same vein as that, it bugs me when she (along with so many of her other Youtuber friends and Meghan) say, "me and __ [insert verb]".

I really don't understand her obsession with beanies. Also, how many does she really need?

bruna
Talker
Talker

Post by bruna »

I actually think she looks gorgeous in her last video. She has finally did something different with her hair, and she looks like a 20 yo there instead of a 16 yo like when she wears those awful colorful unicorn clothes.

And yes, her grammar is very, very poor. Her tweets are impossible to read cuz she never uses commas or any kind of punctuation.

But I'm not a native english speaker, who i am to judge lol
"When people see good they expect good, and I don’t want to have to live up to anyone’s expectations.” - Damon Salvatore

bruna
Talker
Talker

Post by bruna »

I didn't think she was starring too much at the viewfinder. I think that Bethany did it A LOT, and that was the main reason I stopped watching her. It was annoying
"When people see good they expect good, and I don’t want to have to live up to anyone’s expectations.” - Damon Salvatore

DramaticBateman
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

IMO, the clothes in the haul weren't THAT bad considering Lindsey picked them out. The Shop Jeen stuff was tacky, but nothing else was unbearably hideous. I'm sure she'll transform each piece into a vomit-worthy outfit, though.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

I'm pretty sure she's only taken ap English. Yes, that's right, ap English and her English is horrible. During ap week, she only talked about taking her ap English exam and nothing else.

I think that she's never been really smart but she tried harder before YouTube because there wasn't anything else. She needed to work harder back then because a career like YouTube never seemed plausible for her. She embraced her laziness and just let her brain stop working. I mean, she said that she was going to be a nurse and I'm sure it's because it's an in demand job that pays well for only a few days of work, harsh hours though.

I think her management has given up on her besides the benefit events. They clearly promote other gurus over her and I think the way she presents herself is the reason why. It's so much easier to promote other people who speak in coherent sentences than someone like Lindsey speaks like English is her third language.

thebluestlight
Talker
Talker

Post by thebluestlight »

I think that shop jeen is sending gift cards or something to you tubers because first Lindsay then Evelina pimped them on her insta and then, always on insta, I have a bunch of bloggers that posted hauls from that website soo dunno..
English is not my first language, sorry for any mistakes (:

bits
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Beautybaby44 Part 10

Post by bits »

That's really surprising. I wonder if it was AP English lit or language? I took lit and it was mostly working on writing timed essays with the class material. Definitely one of the hardest AP tests I took just because writing 3 essays, plus the multiple choice and rest of the test was stressful, as opposed to chemistry or psych which were a lot easier to plan for. Either way, I doubt she passed, not that it would do her a lot of good at FIDM...
@zoella shove ya gingerbread cutter up ya arse xoxo

kaymariel
Learner
Learner

Post by kaymariel »

cmoorebo_Oty wrote:
byebyebye1 wrote:
I said I thought the top was unflattering but I don't think she looks big. I don't think commenting on weight is necessarily fair. I know I struggle a lot to lose the weight that I keep gaining and it makes me feel like shit to hear people say Im looking heavy or fat. Its just something that doesnt need to be said.
Her makeup looked really pretty and she styled her hair nicely. I know a few others here agree, so I'm not crazy. Not everything on this thread has to be negative.
Sometimes I think things on this site are said just because people feel like they're allowed to do whatever they want on the internet. I like gossiping, but I don't like tearing people apart for no reason. Sorry :/
Maybe it's because I just came from Trisha Paytas' thread and people comment on her weight over there all the time, but I completely agree with byebyebye1. Lindsey's arms looked way bigger than they probably even are due to the shirt she was wearing. It made her look horrible.

And yeah, I thought her hair and make-up was nice. It looks like she actually gave a shit in a video for once this time around. But I don't agree with your "Not everything on this thread has to be negative" comment. You're in the trash a guru section, I don't know what else you're expecting.

cmoorebo_Oty
Lurker
Lurker

Post by cmoorebo_Oty »

kaymariel wrote:
cmoorebo_Oty wrote:
byebyebye1 wrote:
Maybe it's because I just came from Trisha Paytas' thread and people comment on her weight over there all the time, but I completely agree with byebyebye1. Lindsey's arms looked way bigger than they probably even are due to the shirt she was wearing. It made her look horrible.

And yeah, I thought her hair and make-up was nice. It looks like she actually gave a shit in a video for once this time around. But I don't agree with your "Not everything on this thread has to be negative" comment. You're in the trash a guru section, I don't know what else you're expecting.
Ok but its also a discussion forum.you're allowed to make a positive comment if you're discussing or gossiping about someone.it isnt a stipulation when you create an account that every comment posted must be negative/bashing someone lol
I've read through plenty of threads about plenty of different people and seen tons of positive comments.so sue me for making one good comment about Lindsey

Also.someone's weight shouldn't change your opinion about them.Image bye

kaymariel
Learner
Learner

Post by kaymariel »

cmoorebo_Oty wrote:
kaymariel wrote:Maybe it's because I just came from Trisha Paytas' thread and people comment on her weight over there all the time, but I completely agree with byebyebye1. Lindsey's arms looked way bigger than they probably even are due to the shirt she was wearing. It made her look horrible.

Ok but its also a discussion forum.you're allowed to make a positive comment if you're discussing or gossiping about someone.it isnt a stipulation when you create an account that every comment posted must be negative/bashing someone lol
I've read through plenty of threads about plenty of different people and seen tons of positive comments.so sue me for making one good comment about Lindsey

Also.someone's weight shouldn't change your opinion about them.Image bye
I don't exactly know who you're fighting because I never claimed anything you just said...

ANYWAY, back to discussing Lindsey! :)

DramaticBateman
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

bits wrote:That's really surprising. I wonder if it was AP English lit or language? I took lit and it was mostly working on writing timed essays with the class material. Definitely one of the hardest AP tests I took just because writing 3 essays, plus the multiple choice and rest of the test was stressful, as opposed to chemistry or psych which were a lot easier to plan for. Either way, I doubt she passed, not that it would do her a lot of good at FIDM...
I'm pretty sure it was AP language. I feel like I remember her saying AP lang in a couple of videos.

oceanic
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by oceanic »

Wait, Lindsey wanted to be a nurse?! I'm pre-nursing and that honestly surprises me. I work my ass off and Lindsey does her homework minutes before class starts. I wonder if she stuck with nursing if she would have made it far in the pre-nuring/nursing program.

Return to “Lindsey Hughes”