ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 1

nightritual
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 1

Post by nightritual »

HattieChaos wrote:I live in the UK and it is definitely pronounced "tw-aht" no matter the accent. It's not a big thing, but it does irk me when I hear her say it. :P And yeah, seeing as she's so obsessed with the British thing, it always strikes a funny chord when I hear her say it wrong.

Haven't watched the latest Word Vomit yet, but I'm just about to click on it.
Yes but pronouncing it the British way isn't inherently more correct than pronouncing it any other way. It's just a dialect thing. The east coast has a few words where most people pronounce it slightly differently than in other places. Nothing wrong about that.

slgee
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by slgee »

FAKEBLOOD wrote:Is she freakin' serious?

You'd think being the anglophile that she is she'd automatically pronounce the word the way it's SUPPOSED to be pronounced.
I live in the US, and everyone I know pronounces tw*t how Rachel does...

dafuckkk
Informer
Informer

Post by dafuckkk »

so glad Rachel hasn't tried to make this tragedy about her (I haven't checked in a few hours, I hope it's still true). with the aurora shooting, she made it about how Chris works at a theater and they go to the movies all the time.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

nightritual wrote:
HattieChaos wrote:I live in the UK and it is definitely pronounced "tw-aht" no matter the accent. It's not a big thing, but it does irk me when I hear her say it. :P And yeah, seeing as she's so obsessed with the British thing, it always strikes a funny chord when I hear her say it wrong.

Haven't watched the latest Word Vomit yet, but I'm just about to click on it.
Yes but pronouncing it the British way isn't inherently more correct than pronouncing it any other way. It's just a dialect thing. The east coast has a few words where most people pronounce it slightly differently than in other places. Nothing wrong about that.
slgee wrote:
FAKEBLOOD wrote:Is she freakin' serious?

You'd think being the anglophile that she is she'd automatically pronounce the word the way it's SUPPOSED to be pronounced.
I live in the US, and everyone I know pronounces tw*t how Rachel does...
I didn't know it was pronounced that way in America, it's a British word (or rather, prominent in our slang) and that's how it's pronounced here, but fair enough if that's how you guys pronounce it with different accents and all! :)

Oh, and I checked out her Vlog and I actually prefer it when she's too busy to film much, hahaha! It's like she puts less effort into being obnoxious and actually calms down and is more herself, and that's a lot more pleasant to see. I hope I'm not the only one that thinks that, she just comes across as way more pleasant when she's stressed out and has her mind on other things than her persona for Youtube.

Breezybeezy
Learner
Learner

Post by Breezybeezy »

nomaddie wrote:She made a post about someone walking into her apartment when the door wasn't locked, and while NOBODY should ever think it's okay to just walk into someone's house, she should also learn from the other experiences she's had with people walking in and just lock her door. It's not that hard.
Yea! Rachel if you dont like people having the ability to wander into your apartment then lock your door. Its simple....

dafuckkk
Informer
Informer

Post by dafuckkk »

i do agree with rachel's posts regarding comparing abortion to what happened in CT and how some people seem to think it's because we removed religion from our schools, but i wish she weren't ultimately doing it for the notes, especially when she makes so many text posts about it.

i don't know if i'm overreacting because chris doesn't seem to care, but a lot of times i think that rachel's friendship with rhyse borders on inappropriate because she's in a relationship. i know they're joking, but i just think there are certain lines you don't cross. like facetiming while naked, for example.

talkaboutit
Informer
Informer

Post by talkaboutit »

dafuckkk wrote:i do agree with rachel's posts regarding comparing abortion to what happened in CT and how some people seem to think it's because we removed religion from our schools, but i wish she weren't ultimately doing it for the notes, especially when she makes so many text posts about it.

i don't know if i'm overreacting because chris doesn't seem to care, but a lot of times i think that rachel's friendship with rhyse borders on inappropriate because she's in a relationship. i know they're joking, but i just think there are certain lines you don't cross. like facetiming while naked, for example.
I find it extremely inappropriate that she skypes guys naked too. My boyfriend would fuh-reak, and he's about as laid back as Chris.

And I'm not going to touch too much on the subject of what she said, simply because I don't want to turn this into a political argument (and I'll admit I'm extremely right winged). But what I do know is that I have yet to see ANYONE saying that the shootings are less horrible because abortion exists, and I follow just about every single conservative blogger/media outlet there is (with the exemption of the Westboro Baptist Church...but I mean, come on. No one likes them). And secondly, the individuals I've seen using this as a political platform are liberals saying we need gun control. Now is not the time. It's a time of mourning for all. And yes, some people have used this for political agendas, but I think it's extremely unfair to base a whole group of individuals based off of what one or two conservatives may say. Just like it's not fair for me to base what I think based off of what one or two liberals have said considering the situation.

Regardless, I've hardly seen anyone turning it into an abortion issue.

Nocturnal
Talker
Talker

Post by Nocturnal »

Saying the US needs gun laws isn't so much a political comment as common sense tbh. It's time to stop postponing that discussion or burying your head in the sand pretending that legal assault rifles don't facilitate mass shootings.

There was a meme floating around Tumblr with the message that Obama is hypocritical for mourning the shooting because he supports ~partial birth abortion. Just head to the abortion tag on Tumblr and you'll see dickheads everyday, comparing abortion to slavery, genocide, the Holocaust, or basically every time a child is killed you'll see someone saying ''but children are killed everyday and it's ~~legal it's called abortion!11!''

talkaboutit
Informer
Informer

Post by talkaboutit »

Like I said, a few idiots are not the whole. Just like I assume the half brained liberals are not the norm for liberals.

I'm not going to facilitate a debate on weapons. I say let them take my guns, and we can all see what happens on the black market. Making drugs illegal hasn't stopped a drug market, it won't stop a weapons market. All it's going to do is make it harder for us to trace those weapons. Crazies will still exist, and they'll move onto something new. Like blowing buildings up. Guys killed 3,000 people with box cutters on 9/11, I really don't see making guns 'illegal' stopping anything.The last time I checked, most murderers don't really care about laws.

The problem is not with laws, it's with our culture.

dafuckkk
Informer
Informer

Post by dafuckkk »

if now is not the proper time to talk about it, then when? the proper time to talk about it was before these little babes were killed in such a horrific way. getting rid of guns won't make them go away completely, but stricter gun laws will make it harder for the crazies to gain access to them. the columbine shooters got their guns from their parents, adam lanza's mother owned 5 guns knowing that her son was mentally unstable.

talkaboutit
Informer
Informer

Post by talkaboutit »

All I'm saying, it's an improper time to use the deaths of the babies to make a political platform based off of them. Regardless of your side of the issues. I'm not here to argue with anyone, I'm here to discuss gurus. I think it's just as distasteful for Rachel to use their deaths to make a gun control argument as it is for conservatives to make an abortion argument. You can't have it both ways. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

badhairspray
Informer
Informer

Post by badhairspray »

Oh look, Rachel likes her mom again now that she's buying her things. Does Rachel ever look back and feel bad about all the trash talking she does about her family? Or does she forget it even happened once her mom buys her and Chris something or gives them money.

shizbricks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by shizbricks »

how does chris not get made at rachel about how disgustingly closer her and that rhyse kid are? Its borderline cheating imo. pet names, "shipping" each other, face timing/skyping, naked, sexual jokes towards each other. if chris was doing that with some girl over the internet she's be all over tumblr bashing him. the things she does are very inappropriate when in a relationship. especially since theyre so serious... idk. its gross to me.

shadowlurker
Informer
Informer

Post by shadowlurker »

Someone make a fake twitter and flirt with chris

shizbricks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by shizbricks »

shadowlurker wrote:Someone make a fake twitter and flirt with chris
it'd be funny to see what he'd do. lol

meowington
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by meowington »

THIS THOUGH.
Okay, I have never posted here before, but I read it all the time. I used to a huge Rachel fan but sometimes, she just irritates me so much.
Things like this... she talks about thin privilege, and the posts this.
ALSO, this ad was from the 50s. I am not saying that, that makes it right. BUT THAT IS HOW ADS WERE. I studied them in class, and they were all like this. Again, that's not necessarily correct, but it's not anything to get pissy about. There's nothing you can do to change it, it's past.

unic0rnz
Talker
Talker

Post by unic0rnz »

She's 20 and can't drive? Gotta get a move on that one, rachel.
o hay ur hair iz lyk thuper kute todai

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE DO THIS OHMYGOD. Seriously though, she reads this so she'd probably know it was a fake haha.

shadowlurker
Informer
Informer

Post by shadowlurker »

HattieChaos wrote:
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE DO THIS OHMYGOD. Seriously though, she reads this so she'd probably know it was a fake haha.

while this is true.... she's so insecure, she'd still doubt if it was really fake.
someone with some time on their hands.. do it! it would be hilarious.

dafuckkk
Informer
Informer

Post by dafuckkk »

rachel says she doesn't drive because she didn't have the time to learn and she's never needed so. idk the fact that chris has to drive her everywhere she needs to be says she may want to learn? but we all know she'll never get a real job so i guess it doesn't matter anyway.

if someone made a fake twitter to flirt with chris, i'd imagine rachel would screenshot her response to her ~30k tumblr followers and show how hilarious and bitchy she can be. what an interesting idea!

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”