Continue here...

doggymayday
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Laura Vitale Part 2

Post by doggymayday »

Okay I've seen this with other YTers (american) and now with Laura, and I don't know if this is a cultural difference or if it's the YTers doing it -

but in their latest vlog when they were in the store she kept touching everything, she put the toy dogs on the floor, she took the skateboard down to "skateboard", etc. Is this normal? Like I hate it when people do this in vlogs, touch everything, I've seen people jump on the dogs beds, throw balls around, etc. it's so disrespectful. But I have never seen it in real life because we just don't do that where I live.

doggymayday
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by doggymayday »

And lol at Joe dissing those 4 plastic party bottles. It's not a big deal but it's funny because they were designed by a pretty big blogger that did a line for Target, so it's just funny when a fame whore like Joe doesn't know or he'd never do it (I think). :D

doggymayday
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by doggymayday »

Sorry for another post but I caught her eye twitch in the beginning today, don't know if this is the best photo, but it's so weird and funny when she does that.
Also, I noticed she does in fact curl her eyelashes, but she's not doing a good job. the ones in the outer corner are always very flat and they just close off her eye. She needs to curl those too. you can see it in the pic too.

CowGoesMeow
DONATOR
DONATOR

Re: 回覆: Laura Vitale Part 2

Post by CowGoesMeow »

doggymayday wrote:Okay I've seen this with other YTers (american) and now with Laura, and I don't know if this is a cultural difference or if it's the YTers doing it -

but in their latest vlog when they were in the store she kept touching everything, she put the toy dogs on the floor, she took the skateboard down to "skateboard", etc. Is this normal? Like I hate it when people do this in vlogs, touch everything, I've seen people jump on the dogs beds, throw balls around, etc. it's so disrespectful. But I have never seen it in real life because we just don't do that where I live.
I can kind of see Joe's view on those condiment bottles. Pretty but impractical.
Image AprilJustin liesTVImage

doggymayday
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by doggymayday »

Oh I get that, but they both seem calculating enough to not insult or critique anyone "big", but he just didn't know it this time. :)

G1rrrl

Post by G1rrrl »

Her cooking videos are the same recycled recipes, the same recycled catchphrases and sayings. I used to be obsessed with them but now it's clear she's struggling to find fresh ideas. Maybe I'm biased though, since I prefer her savoury dishes over her dessert recipes

doggymayday
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by doggymayday »

I prefer her savory recipes too, just because her sweets are so ordinary and always look so bad.
Her latest tart recipe - omg. That crust was horrible and falling apart, and her fancy strawberries and mint looked bad as well, at least to me. Presenting and decorating really aren't her strong suits. It wouldn't bother me that much if she didn't have a book deal and a TV show coming up, but she has those things and she is still shit.

And it really, really bothers me that she steals recipes and never gives anyone credit. I see nothing wrong with adapting a recipe, but she could at least credit her source, it's the right thing to do. Yet she acts like these are all hers, and makes sure there's a "recipe by Laura Vitale" signature under every recipe on that horrendous website of hers.

I used to really like her, but now she's just pissing me off. She's so incredibly fake and I'm sick of her "I'm a rule breaker" bits.

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

I have begun to notice her recipes seem very bland. They are very carb heavy as well. I suppose that can be attributed to her Italian background, but I wish she would make some lighter recipes.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

ItsLaura
Debater
Debater

Post by ItsLaura »

I feel bad for the person who has to proof read her cookbook. With all of the mistakes on her website (how does that even happen?) I could only imagine the editing process.

LaLocaDeLosGatos
Learner
Learner

Post by LaLocaDeLosGatos »

ItsLaura wrote:I feel bad for the person who has to proof read her cookbook. With all of the mistakes on her website (how does that even happen?) I could only imagine the editing process.
If the pay is good...

doggymayday
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by doggymayday »

I think Joe is in charge of the website, and the typos.

Or maybe he copies her recipes, which shouldn't be an excuse.

ThrustingTaquito
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ThrustingTaquito »

[quote="HoardganizedJen"]Haven't posted any of these in awhile...

Enjoy :tu:

You outdid yourself, HoardganizedJen! Now I watch Vitale Style and wait for those scary bits....something to do..lol.
Anyone else think it's weird that -in spite of hints/winks & lack of real secrecy- there's no press or ads for Simply Laura! on Cooking channel and it's under 2 weeks till the posted start date? I've given up on Joe's strategies-- but unless cooking channel was thinking of pulling the plug at the last minute, it would seem they'd want to utilize litk followers/drones. The least popular Next Food Nework Star winners still got some fanfare in advance of their shows...even if they showed only once at 9:30am Sunday. Thoughts?
PTTD
The flashbacks are real. We can help.

Post Traumatic Taquito Disorder/ Bush Sighting Reflux

doggymayday
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by doggymayday »

Could it be that Laura walked out on the show?

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

Maybe they scratched the show? I really don't think she's ready for a TV show.

doggymayday
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by doggymayday »

YES her hair pulled back like that totally changed her eyes! It's a trick a lot of women use, but it's kinda painful and bad for your hair, but it does give you a mini facelift. :)

About the show - I personally think she's not TV ready. She doesn't have thick skin, Joe isn't ready to give control to someone else, Laura too, and she is also not very original, then there's the way she talks. I can totally see the Network giving her pointers on that and her getting all but hurt "I won't change for anyone"

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

She mentioned a wardrobe fitting in the last vlog and kept hinting at a special project.

doggymayday
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by doggymayday »

Those hints are so annoying. I hate it when people drag things out like that. It comes to a point for me when by the time they do announce it I will have lost all interest.

Queen
Informer
Informer

Post by Queen »

her hair was so slick but when she turned her head at one point in the vlog, you could see how messed up it was in the back. around 5:00 min or so.

Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Oubliette »

One of my biggest pet peeves in YouTube is when YouTubers copy material from bloggers and pass it off as their own, which happens all the time.

Laura's recipes are not even "her recipes" half of the time, as she claims. This last one pissed me off a little because I knew I had seen it somewhere before:

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2014/06/ ... -cups.html

That's a pic from the blogger and this is "Laura's recipe":

The recipe is exactly the same. The ingredients, the steps... EVERYTHING, but Laura says in her video: "I wanna share with you a treat that I like to call MY S'more cookie cups".

I know recipes can't be copyrighted but it's highly frowned upon in the cooking industry to just steal recipes and call them your own. It's very disrespectful and unethical and the fact that she's making money off of this bothers me. She doesn't even say she was inspired or she got the idea from x person or whatever, she just plain tells the viewers that it's her recipe.

When I first started watching her, I thought "how come someone can come up with so many different recipes in such a short amount of time and claim that she's been doing them for years when she's so young?" and the I got to searching some of her so called recipes and I found TONS of her recipes from bloggers.

Sorry for the rant. It just really bothers me. :?

Return to “Laura Vitale”