The Sims

AngelPrincess
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Sims

Post by AngelPrincess »

did you guys find out about the no pools and toddlers in TS4? I was still on the fence with the game but after hearing about this and the loading screens I've decided not to get it. I just feel like TS4 is taking a huge step back and they're not being loyal to the simmers that have been around since TS1. I don't want to have to pay an extra $29.99 or more just so I can have a pool for my sims or just so I can have a toddler. EA is being money hungry instead of being loyal to the people who have been playing the game for years. They're dumbing down the game, taking out basic features so new people with a basic PC can play. I understand they're a business and that's what businesses do but I still don't think its right. How do you guys feel about it? Will you still buy the game or is this a deal breaker? I can get hours of fun out of the TS3 so I'll stick to that.

Ariadne

Post by Ariadne »

AngelPrincess wrote:did you guys find out about the no pools and toddlers in TS4? I was still on the fence with the game but after hearing about this and the loading screens I've decided not to get it. I just feel like TS4 is taking a huge step back and they're not being loyal to the simmers that have been around since TS1. I don't want to have to pay an extra $29.99 or more just so I can have a pool for my sims or just so I can have a toddler. EA is being money hungry instead of being loyal to the people who have been playing the game for years. They're dumbing down the game, taking out basic features so new people with a basic PC can play. I understand they're a business and that's what businesses do but I still don't think its right. How do you guys feel about it? Will you still buy the game or is this a deal breaker? I can get hours of fun out of the TS3 so I'll stick to that.
I'm still going to buy it to test it out. It doesn't seem like an improvement yet from Sims 3, but I'm still going to get the game.
I just hope it works decently on mac.

sous les étoiles
Informer
Informer

Post by sous les étoiles »

ariadnerentz wrote:
AngelPrincess wrote:did you guys find out about the no pools and toddlers in TS4? I was still on the fence with the game but after hearing about this and the loading screens I've decided not to get it. I just feel like TS4 is taking a huge step back and they're not being loyal to the simmers that have been around since TS1. I don't want to have to pay an extra $29.99 or more just so I can have a pool for my sims or just so I can have a toddler. EA is being money hungry instead of being loyal to the people who have been playing the game for years. They're dumbing down the game, taking out basic features so new people with a basic PC can play. I understand they're a business and that's what businesses do but I still don't think its right. How do you guys feel about it? Will you still buy the game or is this a deal breaker? I can get hours of fun out of the TS3 so I'll stick to that.
I'm still going to buy it to test it out. It doesn't seem like an improvement yet from Sims 3, but I'm still going to get the game.
The version coming out in September is PC only. They haven't started working on a MAC version yet.

Ariadne

Post by Ariadne »

sous les étoiles wrote:
ariadnerentz wrote:
The version coming out in September is PC only. They haven't started working on a MAC version yet.
Wait what? Please tell me thats a joke ><

krandr0205
Informer
Informer

Post by krandr0205 »

Okay guys, help me out here. I got a new computer and downloaded TS3 and Town Life. Neither of which have given me any sort of problems on multiple different computers before. But when I downloaded onto a new computer and went to play the game, the town won't show up completely? It's like some of the lots show up, but the water, the roads, the trees, all the extra stuff is just black and completely not there. Also, everytime I start to play a family, whether it's new or an old one, none of my settings are there. All of their ages are automatically full, like they're about to have a birthday. All of my options are off. So aging isn't turned on, it's on military time. Everything is either marked as disabled, or not marked at all. And I can go through and fix all of it, but once I exit the game, the next time I go to play it's back where it was before, like none of the settings got saved.

If one of you could help me out, I would be forever grateful! I've googled my problems before, but didn't have much luck. So, since GG seems to house some of the smartest out there, I have decided to ask here <3

sous les étoiles
Informer
Informer

Post by sous les étoiles »

ariadnerentz wrote:
sous les étoiles wrote:
Wait what? Please tell me thats a joke ><
I'm sorry :(

I was so pissed when I found that out. I mean, I have a PC but it's more of a family computer and my personal computer is a mac. The fact that they haven't even started making a mac version makes me wonder when it will actually come out.

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

!!

Post by Forever Eccentric »

It's actually hard for MAC computers to handle any type of computer game. They will probably release the MAC version a month or two later to make sure everything runs smoothly. That is really crazy that pools and toddlers won't be offered in the base game, what the hell?! I was expecting Sims 4 to have a more real life aspects and better graphics. Well, I do plan on buying the game.

Ariadne

Post by Ariadne »

Reviving this because only a few days until sims 4!

I ended up getting a windows CD and installing it on my mac. Partitioned my iMac, so I have 300gb of just sims now. I had gotten the invitation for the sims 4 demo back in the beginning of July, but I was never able to play it until this weekend. It's actually really nice. I like the new way to make sims.

I also downloaded the sims 3 on the PC side of my iMac, and omg. I CAN ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME! I was way too excited for that :p I've had issues with pets and seasons in the past, it made my game not work for ages. I was finally able to get the base game and 2 expansion packs working on the mac, but anything more than that would just make the game stupid. So I'm super happy I can play the sims 3 with all the expansion packs i have.

EA.. I still hate you though :p

Creme

Post by Creme »

Is it true there's loading screens between each neighbourhood (not an open world) in TS4? The open world is one of the things I enjoy most about TS3 :x

loljokesss
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by loljokesss »

Creme wrote:Is it true there's loading screens between each neighbourhood (not an open world) in TS4? The open world is one of the things I enjoy most about TS3 :x
Yeah there is. If you look at some of the gameplay on Youtube there are loading screens, but don't look too long.
:toss:

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

RSEztalove wrote:
Creme wrote:Is it true there's loading screens between each neighbourhood (not an open world) in TS4? The open world is one of the things I enjoy most about TS3 :x
Yeah there is. If you look at some of the gameplay on Youtube there are loading screens, but don't look too long.
Curtis Paradis was reporting on those, and in some recent live streams from SimGurus, the loading screens took longer than the original demos. I bet it's related to how high-end your PC is. More RAM, better CPU and GPU and the loading screens may be inconsequential.

TeamCupcakes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TeamCupcakes »

I didn't know there was a Sims's thread woo I am super pumped for Sims 4 can't wait

loljokesss
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by loljokesss »

From the gameplay I've seen, I think the game will be fun (excluding all of the missing features). I'm just hoping they'll be starting on a game that will work on Mac soon or else I will be out of luck. Hopefully it will work better than Sims 3 did on my Mac as well, but thats doubtful.

TeamCupcakes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TeamCupcakes »

I know I didn't play the sims 2 that long because the loading screens lasted forever for me...like almost 30 minutes. I had all the expansions though and an old ass computer.

I personally am looking foreword to the sims 4 and I am off tuesday so I have all day to play and explore. Also I can't wait to start my Let's Plays on YT.

Seriously can't wait to build my first house!!!

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

TeamCupcakes wrote:I know I didn't play the sims 2 that long because the loading screens lasted forever for me...like almost 30 minutes. I had all the expansions though and an old ass computer.

I personally am looking foreword to the sims 4 and I am off tuesday so I have all day to play and explore. Also I can't wait to start my Let's Plays on YT.

Seriously can't wait to build my first house!!!
Yeah, I can't wait to do let's plays either. I have already started soliciting ideas on Twitter.

loljokesss
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by loljokesss »

Definitely post when you guys upload your Lets Plays! I'm looking for new Simmers to watch and I'm sure others would love it as well! :love2:

Chappi
Talker
Talker

Post by Chappi »

So, is it out in Australia already? I thought their date was the 4th, just like Europe. The Sim Supply just posted part 1 of his Let's Play.

Ariadne

Post by Ariadne »

HAPPY SIMS 4 DAYYYYY!!!!!!

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

ariadne wrote:HAPPY SIMS 4 DAYYYYY!!!!!!
I started playing at 10pm last night (midnight eastern). So far, graphics are amazing. The new interface is taking some getting used to but I like the new building tools so far.

Ariadne

Post by Ariadne »

I was able to play for a while today before work.

Like Kleine said, takes getting used to. NGL, the first hour playing I kinda hated it since I didn't know where anything was. But after getting used to it, I really think it's a good game. The graphics are INSANE. like, good job EA.

I do miss some of the features, but I'm hoping they start releasing expansion packs in the upcoming months. I'd imagine just the base game would get pretty boring after a while.

I ADORE the create a sim interface. It's amazing. I'm not a house builder.. since well, I suck at it. I haven't given sims 4 a try, although, I did redecorate a house that I downloaded from the "exchange" or whatever they are calling it now. Which BTW, downloading in game is probably the best thing they did for Sims 4. I'm such a CC hoarder :p

Anyway, I can't wait to play later. I deff wanna try the build mode more thoroughly.

Return to “The Sims”