nyx
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Estée & Aslan's Wealth

Post by nyx »

blue_eyes_ST wrote:
liquidlinernotes wrote:Also the whole thing of declaring yourself CEO of something is fairly routine resume/profile padding. One of his "companies" is probably just the furniture flipping on ebay.
Nope, they're both property development.
Although one of his companies is called "Mobler Ltd" – mobler (or møbler) as in danish/norwegian for furniture? :D
Also the adress of this company is 145-157 St John Street, London. This adress is known to be used by fraudulent companies: http://interfraud.org/ni_british_connection.htm
Interesting, isn't it? ^^

andthensome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by andthensome »

I heard this story on NPR yesterday and my jaw dropped:
http://www.marketplace.org/topics/world ... ious-funds

we_disappear
Informer
Informer

Post by we_disappear »

Could they ever get in trouble for laundering money?

tnh
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by tnh »

i didn't read all the comments bc it would take me 3 years but tbh i don't think that estee's aslan and the guy you're talking about is the same person.
They're not that rich, yes they own a house and 2 cars but it's in a shitty neighbourhood and from what I've seen they behave in vlogs... idk aslan doesn't behave like a rich person to me.
He actually seems quite a decent guy, I've always wondered how he can stand estee's fake bubbly behaviour
Also if his illegal, shady business was so easy to find and all, brands wouldn't 'collaborate' with estee and they wouldn't have such a public life

that being said I'm half kazakh, i'll ask my mom to do some investigation and report back to you lol

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

You must have an interesting definition of rich. lol. They may not be Amelia level billionaires, but there are multi millions there for sure.
I have no idea about their neighbourhood, but their house was £2 million paid for in cash by Aslan. Aslan certainly comes from money. You can easily find the private schools that he went to, his mother's address and house price etc if you look around.
The lifestyle that they lead does not come cheap by any means in the UK. Read the full thread and you'll see.
As for Aslan not "behaving like a rich person" I find that a really odd thing to say. I have mixed with some extremely wealthy and influential people in life. They come in all shapes and forms. Many of them indeed were even like Aslan.
I don't think many brands Estee works with would even have a clue Aslan exists or care about his dealings to be honest. Lets face it, they've always been shady about what it is Aslan does actually do in life and I do think he is reasonably low profile in her main channel at least.

edit - this post isn't meant to be harsh towards you or anything. The smiley faces aren't working for me at the moment. :-)

oh_n0ez
Talker
Talker

Post by oh_n0ez »

tnh wrote:i didn't read all the comments bc it would take me 3 years but tbh i don't think that estee's aslan and the guy you're talking about is the same person.
They're not that rich, yes they own a house and 2 cars but it's in a shitty neighbourhood and from what I've seen they behave in vlogs... idk aslan doesn't behave like a rich person to me.
He actually seems quite a decent guy, I've always wondered how he can stand estee's fake bubbly behaviour
Also if his illegal, shady business was so easy to find and all, brands wouldn't 'collaborate' with estee and they wouldn't have such a public life

that being said I'm half kazakh, i'll ask my mom to do some investigation and report back to you lol
While I'm still personally unsure if Aslan is part of the family that's been discussed on here (please do report back if you discover anything!), they are absolutely, 100%, extremely rich. I'm not sure if you're aware of what the cost of living is like in London, but they have a very easy life in a very expensive city. To spend they way they do, without a care in the world, shows me that they have no fear of that cash flow ever stopping...which means there must be a considerable amount of it. They may not be living in West London, but their neighborhood is still very posh and in Zone 1 (essentially unattainable for non-millionaires, whether it be owning or renting). That's not to mention that having 2 cars in London for a 2-person household is pretty extravagant, especially when you take into consideration congestion charges, parking fees, and the fact that Estee often eschews driving one of their nice new cars in favor of taking an Uber somewhere.

As another poster said, I don't think Aslan needs to "act" a certain way to be rich or not. I do think it was his doing to not show the full extent of their home, etc., so as not to show viewers just how much they're rolling in it.

Anyway, bottom-line, to be 25 years old and living the way they do, in one of the most expensive cities in the world--they have to be extremely wealthy.

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

^ Agree. :D
Also about their neighbourhood - It is totally in line with Aslan and how he wants to portray himself.
Their build is said to be in an area of architectural and historical interest and I believe it is a conservation area as well. It's also won awards from the Georgian Society.
If you know where they live, then try googling it, and if you ignore all the real estate results, then you'll find quite a few articles which talk about the architectural designs behind their house. The thinking behind the build is Aslan all over. :D

_Minnie_
Learner
Learner

Post by _Minnie_ »

Absolutely. A realistic, but comfortable, portrayal of life in London would be Vivianna Does Makeup. They obviously earn a good amount but could only afford to rent a one-bedroom flat and shared a car. To own a 5-storey house and two cars at age 25 in London is extreme wealth. Not to mention being able to furnish the house within a year in all expensive Hay furniture. It's beyond all but the millionaires. The area they live in may not look much but it would be very expensive to live in. What makes it even weirder is that it's not like we know Aslan is a banker or a lawyer, which might explain the wealth. He appears not to have a full-time job and Estee earns a good amount but how come he doesn't have a job? We know he has a degree from Cambridge plus some law training (though may not have finished it).

overtheolivetree
Informer
Informer

Post by overtheolivetree »

The amount they travel is also a good indicator of wealth. They went on a month-long trip of Scandinavia, staying in really nice airbnbs (sometimes renting out the entire place to themselves) and eating out everyday. That alone must have cost a ton.

letswiki
Informer
Informer

Post by letswiki »

_Minnie_ wrote:What makes it even weirder is that it's not like we know Aslan is a banker or a lawyer, which might explain the wealth. He appears not to have a full-time job and Estee earns a good amount but how come he doesn't have a job? We know he has a degree from Cambridge plus some law training (though may not have finished it).
I think we worked out from an article that he was given a few million off his dad... stolen from a bunch of government projects meant to benefit the citizens of Kazakhstan. I guess plunging 2 million into a house is a pretty good way to protect stolen money, rather than keep it in the bank.

_Minnie_
Learner
Learner

Post by _Minnie_ »

Definitely given money by his family to buy the house, but I still think it's weird that he doesn't have a job, even if he doesn't financially need one. For a young, well-to-do guy with friends who went to good schools and universities, doesn't he want to BE something or DO something? Maybe he is, but they're so shady about it. I just wonder if he's OK with dossing around most of the time, when he seems quite an enthusiastic and inquisitive person (in vlogs at least). Maybe dealing furniture is his job or he works part time for a family property development business. Would be nice to know. Maybe he gets an allowance from a trust with the dirty money. Or maybe they are just on a mission to spend all that money as quickly as possible to get rid of it.

peliksn25
Learner
Learner

Post by peliksn25 »

I'm posting her, because the other Site won't open.
What is with her Instagram?!
Is it down.

Winnie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Winnie »

peliksn25 wrote:I'm posting her, because the other Site won't open.
What is with her Instagram?!
Is it down.
She changed her Instagram to @estee_lalonde and her Twitter to @esteelalonde. RIP essiebutton.

Even the gift bags at her party were sponsored. :roll:

That drawing of her is incredibly creepy.

okitsune
Informer
Informer

Post by okitsune »

^ I agree with the greedy sellout comment, and I'd like to add 'self centered' too :roll:
Image :love2:

mickey99
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by mickey99 »

"asian" family are rich, period. Haven't anyone of you see all those nice cars that Asian ppl drive on the street ?!! UHH ??!

mickey99
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by mickey99 »

"asian" family are rich, period. Haven't anyone of you see all those nice cars that Asian ppl drive on the street ?!! UHH ??!

andthensome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by andthensome »

mickey99 wrote: "asian" family are rich, period. Haven't anyone of you see all those nice cars that Asian ppl drive on the street ?!! UHH ??!
wow... someone likes to stereotype.

liquidlinernotes
Debater
Debater

Post by liquidlinernotes »

mickey99 wrote:"asian" family are rich, period. Haven't anyone of you see all those nice cars that Asian ppl drive on the street ?!! UHH ??!
Rich people are rich. Some rich people are Asian. Not all Asian people are rich. And I see plenty of white people driving "nice" cars.

Gurulover444
Learner
Learner

Post by Gurulover444 »

I have to say that on some level I am not shocked if Aslan really is a multimillionaire. The first time I started watching their vlogs, I always wondered what Aslan does since he is never at work and never talks about work and they are obviously very wealthy. Estee has seemed to be very off for the last 3-6 months and it is just getting worse. I feel like her life energy has just vanished and she is like a ghost of what she used to be. She seems like she is lost and they must have some kind of family trouble, money trouble, law issues or something going on cause she just seems like she is carrying the whole world on her shoulders.

Gurulover444
Learner
Learner

Post by Gurulover444 »

All of this explains so much. I have always wondered what Aslan does and they have always been very secretive about what he is doing and what he is up to. I definitely think he must be rich, it can be seen in everything he likes and does - he has very expensive, educated, well-thought out taste, so you can tell that he has been living in modern luxury his whole life. Essie defiinitely has not always been like that but maybe she has now gotten used to the money that she makes.

Unfortunately Essie has seemed very off for the past 3-5 months. She seems like a ghost when compared to previous times when she was happy, full of life, joyful, hilarious and down to earth. Now she seems like she is too much in her ego and I think there are some things happening behind the scenes that are very stressful for her and Aslan. Maybe it is to do with finances, law or something like that, but it looks like they have a dark cloud above them but they just try to keep it cool and continue as normal. Maybe we will find out what it is, but to me, Essie is definitely stressed out, anxious and even depressed and some how lost herself. Maybe having so much money, buying a lot of things and hanging around childish materialistic people doesn't make you happy after all....?

Return to “Estee Lalonde”