GO NETHERLANDS GO. I'm so sad that I can't watch the match later :(

cheesedanish
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The World Cup

Post by cheesedanish »

I'm excited for today's matches. I hope Belgium knocks Argentina out cuz f*ck Messi! Lol

dazzle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dazzle »

Yay Germany :love2:
I'd rather drink a cup of acid after chewing on a razor blade.

She
Learner
Learner

Post by She »

Who wins the Hottest Player Award?

cheesedanish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheesedanish »

She wrote:Who wins the Hottest Player Award?
Without a doubt Cristiano Ronaldo

Ariadne

Post by Ariadne »

cheesedanish wrote:
Without a doubt Cristiano Ronaldo

Always <3 Such a shame portugal couldn't make it past the first round.

(BTW, petition for soccer players to start playing shirtless, would make the game loads more interesting)

thatissofetch
Learner
Learner

Post by thatissofetch »

Speaking of ronaldo, has anyone seen the Spanish vogue cover he did with irina shayk? I can't post the picture but here's the link:

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article ... -Shayk.jpg

They are honestly one of the sexiest couples I have ever seen.

And about brazil, I really want them to win too! I love neymar, but I do agree he has been overhyped. I don't know how brazil will play now because he's been scoring most of the goals.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

Lots of people here are saying that they want Brazil to win because otherwise a revolution will form since people are upset they are paying so much money... Don't know fi that's true tho.

ggeyeliner
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ggeyeliner »

I think Brazil going to have hard time now. They are going against Germany, who are playing very good (all the time tbh) and now they are missing one of their top players? Good luck!

I am rooting for europe teams, Holland or Germany most likely gonna meet at the finals
but u never know.. holland vs argentina gonna be awesome match also.

But this is only whdn holland beats costa rica. They are underdogs and I would like to see them winning too.

So go germany, holland and costa rica
ENGLISH ISN'T MY FIRST LANGUAGE. Sorry for misunderstandings!

People should read everything, not the first 5 words and judge!

Ariadne

Post by Ariadne »

Diorette wrote:Lots of people here are saying that they want Brazil to win because otherwise a revolution will form since people are upset they are paying so much money... Don't know fi that's true tho.
Coming from a brazilian, I will say that if brazil doesn't win, there will be some uproar. But thats just because brazil takes soccer a little more seriously than most.

That being said, I never agreed with the cup being in Brazil. I was born in brazil, but live in NY now (since I was 4). And I haven't been back and don't plan on it. There is a lot of crime, corruption, etc. Unfortunately, news media doesn't report on it as much. I don't think the country will go into turmoil and go into the riots again if brazil loses to germany on tuesday. God I hope not at least. But I can say with almost 100% certainty, if for whatever reason the final is Brazil vs Argentina and argentina wins.. ugh I don't even want to think of the fights/riots/protests then.

Just my $.02 :p

ggeyeliner
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ggeyeliner »

Can we talk about how epic is Costa Rica goalkeeper and defenders? I mean, wow.

I wish he would win that golden glove award, altho it is usually given to gk whos teams are at the finals

JustGlow

Post by JustGlow »

That was far too exciting for my liking! Thank god Netherlands won!!

Ariadne

Post by Ariadne »

That game was frustrating to say the least. I thought Netherlands would play better than that. I was sure Costa Rica would be a no brainer for them. Both teams played really well though.

Can't wait for semi finals now. Brazil and Netherlands are my go to for the finals

SoccerKat
Debater
Debater

Post by SoccerKat »

I'm so sad Neymar is out! I can't believe the guy who kneed him didn't get a yellow AT LEAST! I mean he broke Neymar's back! He may not be the BEST player out there, but he is good and Brasil really needs him! And since they won't have Silva (such an idiot for that foul) in the Semi-Final, I think they are gonna need a miracle to beat Germany. And I really hope the Netherlands beat Argentina! Can you imagine them in the Final IN Brasil? That would be bad!

dazzle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dazzle »

I mean I really hope we beat Brazil, but there were so many surprises this World Cup, everything is possible. I just hope that things will stay relatively peaceful - as peaceful as they can be when it comes to big football events, anyway - should Brazil not win. I'm proud of our guys no matter what. Some critics didn't even think we'd make it past the group stage, yet here we are :D
I just think Cristiano Ronaldo isn't all that attractive and really overhyped when it comes to his looks. :?

SoccerKat
Debater
Debater

Post by SoccerKat »

dazzle wrote: I just think Cristiano Ronaldo isn't all that attractive and really overhyped when it comes to his looks. :?
Yes! Totally agree!

arya_90
Learner
Learner

Post by arya_90 »

SoccerKat wrote:
dazzle wrote: I just think Cristiano Ronaldo isn't all that attractive and really overhyped when it comes to his looks. :?
Yes! Totally agree!
Coming from someone who's portuguese, I really don't like him and he's definitely overhyped. The only thing going for him is being a great player but honestly this time the team didn't perform well and a lot of the players including Ronaldo already came in injured. Also there was no way we would've been able to win against germany.

cheesedanish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheesedanish »

I really like Ronaldo for who he is. He is or was up to this point, the hardest working athlete.

I saw him up close last year in Philly. He IS BEAUTIFUL! Lol

ggeyeliner
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ggeyeliner »

Lets be honest now, Ronaldo didn't even have a change to perform. All of the other teams protected him, you can see in every game how there is like a wall around him. And lot of players hit him purpolsy, didn't care about getting a card, when he even get that ball. You can see how pissed he was that he couldn't do anything

i think he is great player.

dazzle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dazzle »

He is a great player, that's why I said that he's overhyped when it comes to his looks. Yes, he has a great body, I give him that, although most athletes do, but he isn't attractive to me.

Return to “Sports”