whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles

-P-
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles

Post by -P- »

I like her purchases. Some people just like a monochromatic wardrobe (ie me haha), and that's okay. That gaudy gold skirt however.... ew.

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by liseppe »

Yes, I don't think her or Anna's style is "boring" either. It's just a more minimal, mature way of dressing rather than to buy clothes that are simply "fast fashion".

I used to be quite into the Gudrun Sjödén style, still admire it but as an adult now the clothes and accesories that Lily and Anna show are more appealing. Especially when so many youtubers dress and pretend to be bloomin' 12.

Post by Guest »

liseppe wrote:Yes, I don't think her or Anna's style is "boring" either. It's just a more minimal, mature way of dressing rather than to buy clothes that are simply "fast fashion".
Agree with this wholeheartedly!^

Even though her constantly mentioning Anna in her videos is annoying (like… don't straight up tell me that y'all have the same products, otherwise I'm just going to watch one of the two videos), I totally agree with Lily about shopping in sales. I rarely buy things full-priced, but I cannot stand to go shopping in some sale-bin type setup. Like Lily said, if the store is set up normally with sale items marked, I'm more likely to buy more than if I have to fight my way through the items. It's just too overwhelming and stressful.

rosieeex
Informer
Informer

Post by rosieeex »

I despise sales! They're so crowded and Urgh. My motto is that if I didn't want it full price then I didn't want it enough so
Im still not going to but it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

liseppe wrote:Yes, I don't think her or Anna's style is "boring" either. It's just a more minimal, mature way of dressing rather than to buy clothes that are simply "fast fashion".

I used to be quite into the Gudrun Sjödén style, still admire it but as an adult now the clothes and accesories that Lily and Anna show are more appealing. Especially when so many youtubers dress and pretend to be bloomin' 12.

agreed. I really like the way they both dress. I much prefer it to the hipster look everyone else has. Monochrome all the way for me too!

but Lily does look lovely in colour, expecially because has darker skin, her outfit for nye was horrible but that blue looked lovely against her skin tone. If I wore something like that it would just completely wash me out because I'm so pale!

ChloeVFA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChloeVFA »

I don't know where Lily shops but in regular stores whenever it is the sales, you don't have bins of clothes to sort through (unless you're shopping in some weird sort of thrift shop or whatever)... The store is just set up the way it usually is, with colored tags or some type of sale mark that's it. It does not turn into some sort of clothing jungle !
She's being such a drama queen !

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

ChloeVFA wrote:I don't know where Lily shops but in regular stores whenever it is the sales, you don't have bins of clothes to sort through (unless you're shopping in some weird sort of thrift shop or whatever)... The store is just set up the way it usually is, with colored tags or some type of sale mark that's it. It does not turn into some sort of clothing jungle !
My local Topshop is like a jungle in the sales personally, and it's not even a London sized one...

Post by Guest »

ChloeVFA wrote:I don't know where Lily shops but in regular stores whenever it is the sales, you don't have bins of clothes to sort through (unless you're shopping in some weird sort of thrift shop or whatever)... The store is just set up the way it usually is, with colored tags or some type of sale mark that's it. It does not turn into some sort of clothing jungle !
I know some stores, especially after the holidays, will put bins of clothes out and have you rummage through them (I've seen Express do this frequently). Even stores that half a secluded sale rack or section stress me out since there's so many people in a small area fighting over too many clothes. Lily is a drama queen, but I've got to agree with how headache inducing sales can be.

tweed
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tweed »

I just watched the sponsored "morning detox" video and the whole thing was no different than an infomercial. Her voice was so mechanic, I am now watching Anna's and I know they are both ads but hers at least appears a bit more genuine and actually "routine" like than Lily's. Bleh.

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

lillian wrote:I just watched the sponsored "morning detox" video and the whole thing was no different than an infomercial. Her voice was so mechanic, I am now watching Anna's and I know they are both ads but hers at least appears a bit more genuine and actually "routine" like than Lily's. Bleh.
who is she trying to kid? No blogger has used Liz Earle in years!

conflate
Informer
Informer

Post by conflate »

What is with one posting a morning detox routine and the other posting an evening detox routine? They should just join their channels because they are so codependent that there is almost no difference between them

tweed
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tweed »

Right? I don't even care if she doesn't really use Liz Earle honestly, clearly they are sponsored and they don't give a damn about Liz Earle. But I appreciated that Anna took time to make the products look like somewhat a part of her actual nightly routine since the rest of the products are the things we already know she likes (ie Oskia cleanser, bath salts etc.) Lily's was as personal as a shopping tv commercial, I've watched more sincere As Seen On Tv ads than her morning "routine". It was almost cringeworthy to watch. I'm 90% sure that she read the entire text while recording as well.

Pennycray
Informer
Informer

Post by Pennycray »

Good god talk about wooden?! I'm sure she's done hundreds of sponsored videos in the past and you would never know. The moment she has to declare it - robot mode activated.
She must be cringing at all the negative comments she's getting!!

Ombre_so_over
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Ombre_so_over »

New video was horrendous! HER VOICE!!

The comments are well worth a read though, my favourite being this one:

"Which part of your arse did you pull the fact about juicing from this? This was fucking awful!!!"

Couldn't have written it better myself :rofl:
Really enjoying hating on this girl atm

producthoarder
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by producthoarder »

If I were the PR team for Liz Earle, I'd never pay her another cent. So wooden and disinterested, sounded like she just wanted to get her cash and have it over with. Anna at least talked about the product in a way that was exciting and engaging and mentioned several other products that she genuinely enjoys to round out the advertorial nature of the video.

This is why I think that bloggers are spoiled and entitled. I can understand being paid to deliver killer content, but this was just lazy and half-arsed. She doesn't deserve to be doing this as a career if this is the effort she puts in.

JuliaWinston

Post by JuliaWinston »

I used to like but this 'single white female' attachment to Anna is downright disturbing.

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by liseppe »

Well hey, at least this time she loosely declared it was an advertisement. I say loosely because surely they should still have to define which brand or products are affected?

Also, what a shame to see another video using the nonsense "detox" crap. Oh yes having a juice is equal to your kidneys and liver functioning well :roll:

wtf
Talker
Talker

Post by wtf »

Oh god I've just watched the video and it's like she had a gun to her head whilst she was making it... At least try to pretend you care!

Some of the comments are giving genuinely constructive criticism or polite negative feedback and some sycophants are all "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all" which is just ridiculous.

And another point, Lily always says she's a perfectionist (just like she always says how hard she works, I think she's convinced herself these are true when they're clearly not) but I don't believe a perfectionist would publish that video. How can she be happy with that - perfectionist or otherwise?

TheGirl
Lurker
Lurker

Post by TheGirl »

Since Anna has her toothbrush clock on the wall I did notice that she applied that face mask and removed it 2 minutes later which I doubt is the recommended time, I know she's making a video and probably wants to keep the momentum of that going not sit about in a mask for ten minutes but it irrationally irritated me.

TheGirl
Lurker
Lurker

Post by TheGirl »

...however, I'll be needing that journal, acupressure mat and lumie light/clock... :love2: ;)

Return to “Lily Pebbles”