Elle Florence

Champagne4Breakfast
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Elle Florence

Post by Champagne4Breakfast »

@pussinboots, I believe they met in early 2016. She was still with Chris in fall 2015. Elle and Joes anniversary I believe would have been this month.

Champagne4Breakfast
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Champagne4Breakfast »

@pussinboots, I believe they met in early 2016. She was still with Chris in fall 2015. Elle and Joes anniversary I believe would have been this month.

pussinboots
Talker
Talker

Post by pussinboots »

Unlike your friend and her ex, Joe and Elle couldn't have mutually agreed because the feelings weren't mutual! Elle was happy Joe was unhappy. So the breakup had to be unilateral as well.

pussinboots
Talker
Talker

Post by pussinboots »

Champagne4Breakfast wrote:@pussinboots, I believe they met in early 2016. She was still with Chris in fall 2015. Elle and Joes anniversary I believe would have been this month.
Oh yeah, you're right. Their anniv was coming up so around May 2016. So still they moved in less than a year after they met

Neia13
Informer
Informer

Post by Neia13 »

It's great for him that he found a place prior to the whole thing. Again, what I said was, they didn't discuss it, mutually agreed, and planned their leave. He just knew he wanted out, pretended it was all fine, packed his bags later and left. Or at least that is what we see. I still think this was a d*ck move. What if Elle didn't have enough money to pay this next months' rent? What if she doesn't want to lose the deposit? Yes this is stuff we don't know about, maybe he offered to cover these expenses partly, but this is another thing I mean when I say "planning together". I get that they're not like my friend and her ex, but as happy as Elle was I think that if he had expressed the desire to end it and laid out his problems she would've agreed (unless she's obsessed with him or something). People get dumped all the time, and as much as they don't like it at times, they will have to agree (I don't think Elle would lock him in the house). He didn't have to run out the door as soon as she got home like she'll murder him or something.
To me moving with someone is a big commitment, that may just be me, but to share so many expenses is something serious. I wouldn't want the other person to disappear and leave me with this living situation I wouldn't be able to afford by myself. But again that might be just me.
Could've been much worse yes, but also much better. He knows she's a youtuber and that she will share this. Now everyone will be judging him for the good or the bad, and I think he should've handled it the better, since it may affect his real life. What we saw was a relationship that seemed great and then he got up and left. Yes it's probably not the whole story, but it sure looks bad for him.

littleraskle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by littleraskle »

Coward. My sister just got dumped in a similar manner. Makes my blood boil, if you had all these things you were unhappy about WHY NOT TELL THE PERSON! Why keep it all in and then shock them. Ugh...

issy
Informer
Informer

Post by issy »

The disrespect, lack of empathy and compassion and selfishness of his behaviour is shocking. He did Elle a huge favour. She will thank him for letting her know who he truly is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waldorfdarling
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Waldorfdarling »

He just seems like such a passive and weak person to me. He went along with everything, too scared to voice his own feelings and when he couldn't take it anymore he just walked out. He tried his best to avoid any real conversation or confrontation prior to the breakup. His way of ending things was flat out cruel and it shows that he wasn't really willing to work on anything before deciding he wanted to breakup. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that he had already given notice to the landlord! That means he acted like her boyfriend for sometime pretending everything was fine while he had already mentally checked out of the relationship and had decided he was gonna move out! Jesus, give the person a clue, don't leave them out in the cold like that! Whatever Elle had done to him she deserved to know.
XOXO

gossipgirlstan
Lurker
Lurker

Post by gossipgirlstan »

Neia13 wrote:
pussinboots wrote:I wanna hear what you nice girls have to say about the breakup. Rant thread is buzzing
Can't say I'm nice since I'm in several rant threads, but here goes my input! I do like Elle, it's like watching a telenovela (like a spanish series sort of thing), I think she puts up this fake persona and it's very entertaining for me to watch. I admire how much she works and yet has the time to be the "good housewife", but I do think her spending ways might have been one of the reasons why Joe left (I agree it's waaay too much).
I've read the rant thread and see people hinting that she may have a mental disorder, yet keep criticizing it and the ways she deals with her problems. If a person who had cancer did all of these I doubt they would whisper a bad word about her.
I agree they were incompatible and the signs were clear from the beginning, but Joe was a coward. The oldest saying in the book "communication is key"! He's a lawyer, he should have better people skills. If she's so clueless and/or he suspects she has problems he should've said so. His excuses were lame and his behavious was cruel! I don't care how shy you are, you're an adult, deal with the sh*t life throws at you!! It's clear he never was into Elle as much as she was into him, he should've broken up before they moved already, again I think he was just a coward and accepted what she decided for him. It's a personal opinion, but I hate weak men, and he's a mouse. I hope he finds himself a nice, low maintenance mouse so they won't ever have to fight or discuss problems because life will be easy, so no problems! Elle should try to stay alone for a while and sort out what's in her head, since I think she has some problems with personal relationships. I honestly wish her the best, even on the rant threads I'm in I wish the youtuber the best, because life isn't easy and we just see bits of theirs. I love to criticize, that's why I'm here, but I love to see when people grow in life and it's what I expect from many of the youtubers I rant about. But this is just me, so there you have a "nice" persons' opinion. :rofl:
This is spot on bravo!
My ex broke up with me in the same cruel manner so I feel for her in that respect. Hopefully she learns and grows from this & cuts down on the spending...I have that problem too

Slightlyoccupied
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Slightlyoccupied »

I’m having a hard time reading all the rants and put downs about Elle. People are acting as if she has no right to be who she is and she needs therapy, in truth couldn’t we all use a little therapy. She, like so many of us, is doing her best navigating in this world where people can be downright hateful and crude and cruel. I wonder what people could or would say if they had an up close look at your relationships? It’s one thing to speculate and point out facts but when people just start being downright cruel... well, I say tread carefully, you never know where you might find yourself. I enjoy watching Elle because it is a refreshing departure from all the negative happening in the world. At least she’s always willing to learn and better herself, can everyone say the same?

graylights
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by graylights »

Slightlyoccupied wrote:I’m having a hard time reading all the rants and put downs about Elle. People are acting as if she has no right to be who she is and she needs therapy, in truth couldn’t we all use a little therapy. She, like so many of us, is doing her best navigating in this world where people can be downright hateful and crude and cruel. I wonder what people could or would say if they had an up close look at your relationships? It’s one thing to speculate and point out facts but when people just start being downright cruel... well, I say tread carefully, you never know where you might find yourself. I enjoy watching Elle because it is a refreshing departure from all the negative happening in the world. At least she’s always willing to learn and better herself, can everyone say the same?
shut up :roll:

PinkRedPurple
Talker
Talker

Post by PinkRedPurple »

Am I the only one who thought this was coming when he gave her a tennis bracelet instead of a ring? They aren’t 20, she is almost 30 and I believe he is older. Time to make a commitment or move on, the tennis bracelet was his first clue he was moving on. Breaking up totally stinks but it’s the way things go if it isn’t a good fit.

They seem to have different hobbies and interests and only work in common. Do they work together? If so, that’s awkward. She will pick herself up and hopefully can find someone with similar interests. Joe seemed more laid back with his camping and sports and she is more formal with her Vancouver Club outings and expensive tastes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slightlyoccupied
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Slightlyoccupied »

graylights , ummmm, no, I won’t shut up.... try for more creativity next time and perhaps some grownup words.

pussinboots
Talker
Talker

Post by pussinboots »

Is Elle's figure all that bad? The trash thread seems to think so but I think she has nice waist-to-hip ratio? Yes? No? I mean some of her clothes look a little tight on her like the t-shirts and sweaters she pulls and stretches down, but talking exclusively about her figure, thoughts?

graylights
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by graylights »

pussinboots wrote:Is Elle's figure all that bad? The trash thread seems to think so but I think she has nice waist-to-hip ratio? Yes? No? I mean some of her clothes look a little tight on her like the t-shirts and sweaters she pulls and stretches down, but talking exclusively about her figure, thoughts?
She looks a little top heavy at times and her legs have literally no definition to them, just straight up and down, making it look like she has cankles. She just looks very doughy and soft all around. My first impression of her would never be "she has a great body" or anything enviable... she veers towards frumpy if anything. I think she looks her best in midi sundresses since they cover her ugly legs and suck her in at the waist to alleviate the top heaviness. Horrible in pulled down shirts and jeans or skirts above the knees.

Helena410
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Helena410 »

At least she has a couple clothes in which she looks nice, some of us would kill to have that :| I lost some weight lately and now I'm rather satisfied with myself, but I used to look like crap no matter what I wore and I know I'm not the only one...

divinepocky
Lurker
Lurker

Post by divinepocky »

Slightlyoccupied wrote:I’m having a hard time reading all the rants and put downs about Elle. People are acting as if she has no right to be who she is and she needs therapy, in truth couldn’t we all use a little therapy. She, like so many of us, is doing her best navigating in this world where people can be downright hateful and crude and cruel. I wonder what people could or would say if they had an up close look at your relationships? It’s one thing to speculate and point out facts but when people just start being downright cruel... well, I say tread carefully, you never know where you might find yourself. I enjoy watching Elle because it is a refreshing departure from all the negative happening in the world. At least she’s always willing to learn and better herself, can everyone say the same?
People are always going to be critical of you when you're in the public eye. She puts herself out on a public platform, so she sets herself up for both positive and negative feedback. She wants to be an internet persona and so she has to deal with the good and bad from that. It's just like a magnified version of our everyday life. People are going to hate us for the way we walk, speak, mannerisms, etc. Some people will hate you for no reason. You have to decide how much you let that bother you.

I mostly find Elle to be a life-style youtuber more than a fashion guru since her style and mine don't really mesh. She's super organized and goals oriented. I can't even stick to meal planning. The only thing I will say about the trash thread is that they're overly obsessed with her job and her credentials. Most people don't even care if she is a lawyer, it's just nice having a youtuber that has a professional job.

WreckedInWestTexas
Talker
Talker

Post by WreckedInWestTexas »

It's so sad that this thread is dead.

Post by Guest »

WreckedInWestTexas wrote:It's so sad that this thread is dead.
To be fair I think most of Elle's faithful followers wouldn't frequent this site or if they do, they probably don't create accounts and just lurk on her trash thread as it comes out on top of most search engines. :rofl: Although, it's pretty annoying when once in a blue moon one of her fans goes on the trash thread to defend her when they really should just talk here. :roll:

I also think that the ones who don't dislike her as much as we do, probably feel middle of the road or neutral towards her so they don't really engage on this thread.

As much as I dislike Elle, I think she stood a chance to redeem herself after she broke up with Joe. I had my doubts she'd change, but eh, I was open to being wrong. Nope!!! Still arrogant, thin-skinned, greedy, and smirky just as she always was.

moreteatime
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by moreteatime »

Here's a compilation of her disliking all the teas this vlogmas...YIKES!

Return to “Elle Florence”