Elle Florence

+GetInLoser+
Talker
Talker

Re: Elle Florence

Post by +GetInLoser+ »

Right, and as someone said, why be deceptive when the information is easy to disprove by just a quick google search?

Also, can you imagine if one of her actual (non-lawyer) coworkers saw these videos and confronted her about calling herself a practicing lawyer at that company?? Absolutely mortifying!

Akent_2016
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Akent_2016 »

I watched the beginning of that video. She says that she will never film in her office because of confidentiality issues. A bunch of lawyers film in their office for various reasons. You just need to remove confidential documents from the view. The real reason why she cannot film in her office??--Probably because she shares her office space with a bunch of other people.

+GetInLoser+
Talker
Talker

Post by +GetInLoser+ »

I was thinking the exact same thing when watching that video-- just remove the confidential materials from view of the camera. Later she includes a picture taken in "her office" of literally just a tree next to a window, which I thought was bizarre and I couldn't help but become skeptical. The picture could have been taken anywhere in any office building. There was nothing special about it; it looked like those artificial trees companies buy in bulk to decorate the hallways of their buildings.

Well, I guess I've made up my mind. Unless there's evidence that she actually has not been deceptive this entire time, I really don't think I can continue to watch. I really wish she hadn't lied. Her channel would have been just as appealing to me if she were just a well-put-together young professional. No need for the "super successful lawyer" storyline.

Akent_2016
Informer
Informer

Post by Akent_2016 »

She went from genuine to deceptive over the years. She was much more honest when she first started. I presume her vanity and greed got the better of her.

Post by Guest »

She should be smart enough to know if you're going to use some stupid trendy phrase like "Girlboss" to describe yourself, people are going to be going in on you. If you don't want to be scrutinized then don't paint yourself in an unrealistic way. Just the fact that she used that term makes me think she's definitely playing up her image to the camera (and in general everyone else who uses it too). If you're such a successful and accomplished independent woman, you don't need to hide behind such stupid made up terms to define yourself :roll:

Akent_2016
Informer
Informer

Post by Akent_2016 »

This is what comes up when you google "elle florence fraud":
https://lolcow.farm/snow/res/247337.html

socialbeauty
Informer
Informer

Post by socialbeauty »

Akent_2016 wrote:This is what comes up when you google "elle florence fraud":
That page is taking things too far. She does have a law degree and was called to the bar and part-time teaches at a law school. She can call herself a lawyer if she wants. Yes, I agree that she should not have given this view that she was actually practicing law at her current position. Also if she has a law degree and most people with that position hold a bachelors then maybe her specific duties are different than the others? I mean her linkedin was not very descriptive. Also her spending is her thing. If she's in debt or not, that's her problem

Akent_2016
Informer
Informer

Post by Akent_2016 »

She is NOT teaching at a law school. She is teaching an online course in an Applied Legal Studies program at a university. One poster posted the link somewhere here a while ago.
socialbeauty wrote:
Akent_2016 wrote:This is what comes up when you google "elle florence fraud":
That page is taking things too far. She does have a law degree and was called to the bar and part-time teaches at a law school. She can call herself a lawyer if she wants. Yes, I agree that she should not have given this view that she was actually practicing law at her current position. Also if she has a law degree and most people with that position hold a bachelors then maybe her specific duties are different than the others? I mean her linkedin was not very descriptive. Also her spending is her thing. If she's in debt or not, that's her problem

Ccc123000
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Ccc123000 »

"I'm a lawyer by day" - claim in her recent iPhone 7 plus unboxing video.

Ccc123000
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Ccc123000 »

Her taste in phone cases matches her taste in clothing, if you know what I mean. ;)

socialbeauty
Informer
Informer

Post by socialbeauty »

and she's trying to sell her old phone to subscribers, she's such a hustler lol

starviolet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by starviolet »

I've asked the same question (an inquiry about clothes) to Elle on two videos, no reply. However she did reply to some other people's questions (not many :D ) in the mean time! I really enjoy her content so I'm pretty ticked about that. I've noticed her being selective about replying to comments before, but now I'm discovering it first hand.

She has a small following so she can't afford to not be replying to people and be snobby (lol yes I realise what I'm saying, it's Elle we're talking about, but still). Not that it's ever OK, even if you have many followers. I know she's busy with the move but she values her youtube channel and puts a lot of time and effort into it, and clearly either chooses to ignore comments or just doesn't care. Either way I'm not impressed.

thatgirlml
Stalker
Stalker

Post by thatgirlml »

This is my first post and I signed up just to comment after reading this thread.
I want to offer my view on the “discussion” around Elle’s job.

I work for a very large Wealth Management company in the UK and my role is Practice Manager at 1 Practice.
My job doesn’t really require me to have specific qualifications to do it at a very basic level. BUT to do it as efficiently and as knowledgeable as possible I have the same, full CII, qualifications as any high level Financial Manager. A Large part of my job involves advising clients, accountants and solicitors on all aspect of finance and financial planning. Therefore, I am a Financial Adviser; I advise on financial matters. Right?

As other roles in my job do not require me to give advice on finance, coupled with the fact that I do not see and advise clients back to back on a daily basis, I am internally known as a Practice Manager. To clients, accountants, solicitors etc. I am a Financial Adviser.

This does not make me a fraud. The same can be said for Elle.

Just because she does not sit in court all day with clients does not mean she is still involved in the legal advice at a company. In-House counsel Lawyers are hired by large firms to provide legal representation to that company and its employees and will also represent that company and its employees in court. You cannot do that with a bit of in house training, you must be a lawyer. This includes work in Fraud Investigation. You need to understand what you are looking for and working with in order to build a case.

Elle has 3 jobs, no children and dedication. Her income can support her lifestyle and if it doesn’t, that really is none of anyone’s business.

And no – I’m not Elle.

Champagne4Breakfast
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Champagne4Breakfast »

Then why are there people at her company with her same job title that only have a bachelors degree? If the position required them to be giving legal advice, they would need to have a law degree.

Akent_2016
Informer
Informer

Post by Akent_2016 »

Care to explain why one person (who is not Elle) is referred to as "Counsel for the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada" whereas another (Elle) is simply referred to as "MFDA Investigator," not as "Counsel for the MFDA of Canada and Investigator" in this document published by MFDA?: http://mfda.ca/reasons-for-decision/reasons201637/

You are overlooking the fact that in contrast with what Elle claims in her channel, there is no evidence that she is actually an in-house counsel.
thatgirlml wrote:This is my first post and I signed up just to comment after reading this thread.
I want to offer my view on the “discussion” around Elle’s job.

I work for a very large Wealth Management company in the UK and my role is Practice Manager at 1 Practice.
My job doesn’t really require me to have specific qualifications to do it at a very basic level. BUT to do it as efficiently and as knowledgeable as possible I have the same, full CII, qualifications as any high level Financial Manager. A Large part of my job involves advising clients, accountants and solicitors on all aspect of finance and financial planning. Therefore, I am a Financial Adviser; I advise on financial matters. Right?

As other roles in my job do not require me to give advice on finance, coupled with the fact that I do not see and advise clients back to back on a daily basis, I am internally known as a Practice Manager. To clients, accountants, solicitors etc. I am a Financial Adviser.

This does not make me a fraud. The same can be said for Elle.

Just because she does not sit in court all day with clients does not mean she is still involved in the legal advice at a company. In-House counsel Lawyers are hired by large firms to provide legal representation to that company and its employees and will also represent that company and its employees in court. You cannot do that with a bit of in house training, you must be a lawyer. This includes work in Fraud Investigation. You need to understand what you are looking for and working with in order to build a case.

Elle has 3 jobs, no children and dedication. Her income can support her lifestyle and if it doesn’t, that really is none of anyone’s business.

And no – I’m not Elle.

Neia13
Informer
Informer

Post by Neia13 »

Well, moving on from the criticism, since this is a rave thread, I'm really happy that she's moving with her new boyfriend! The way she talked during one of her vlogs, her ex seemed like a real piece of work!! I admire how she didn't lose her composure when visiting him, a real lady.

starviolet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by starviolet »

Why is her ex a real piece of work? I wasn't a subscriber yet when she was still with him/going through that break-up, what happened?

Neia13
Informer
Informer

Post by Neia13 »

starviolet wrote:Why is her ex a real piece of work? I wasn't a subscriber yet when she was still with him/going through that break-up, what happened?
While she went through the break-up she didn't mention it, but recently she has been giving some hints in her vlogs. She said she had a really bad experience living with him, that's why she was kinda delaying it with her new boyfriend. Then she had to visit her ex to pick up something and you could reaaaaally tell she was not happy about it, trying to be polite... seemes like something was off there, that maybe he was asshole towards her, but just a suspicion from all she has said lately.

socialbeauty
Informer
Informer

Post by socialbeauty »

Neia13 wrote:
starviolet wrote:Why is her ex a real piece of work? I wasn't a subscriber yet when she was still with him/going through that break-up, what happened?
While she went through the break-up she didn't mention it, but recently she has been giving some hints in her vlogs. She said she had a really bad experience living with him, that's why she was kinda delaying it with her new boyfriend. Then she had to visit her ex to pick up something and you could reaaaaally tell she was not happy about it, trying to be polite... seemes like something was off there, that maybe he was asshole towards her, but just a suspicion from all she has said lately.
I thought they were engaged and he ended up cheating on her? She moved out super quick and into her current apt. I could be thinking of someone else

Neia13
Informer
Informer

Post by Neia13 »

From what I remember she wasn't engaged. There was some speculation that maybe he cheated, but she never said much about it. She did move really quickly, the only thing she said was that she had a bad experience living with the guy, don't remember which video though...

Return to “Elle Florence”