Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Elle Florence

Post by Tea_and_Crumpets »

This new YouTuber/blogger from Canada.

http://www.youtube.com/user/glossypinklipgloss/videos

She just started working maybe 3 months ago and has acquired a metric butt-ton of designer items. Talking about staples and investment pieces that will last forever, then the next week she has a new item.

Always talks about how she gets things cheaper on eBay like DVF dresses or Burberry trenches but feel like it's a front. Someone is bankrolling this and she's mentioned her mom getting her a 'welcome to a new job' or just because presents.

She's pretty, eloquent and has a huge bank ... so I'm sure she'll be a popular Canadian YTber soon enough.

shittymakeup
Learner
Learner

Re: Elle Florence

Post by shittymakeup »

I like her, even though I find her style ages the hell out of her. She's a cute 20-something girl but dresses like a 40 year old lady who lunches. Disaster.

Anyway, she's a lawyer (wow a guru with an actual real job, how rare!) so I expect her to be able to afford a metric butt-ton of designer clothes tbh. Plus it seems her family has similarly well-to-do professionals in it so she can rock on.

mystical-rose
Gossiper
Gossiper

Elle Florence

Post by mystical-rose »

I love that she's very well educated and has her masters in law at such a young age. But I just don't understand how she's that rich. Like I get it, she has a great job. But she lives in downtown Vancouver which means she has very high rent. And literally, she goes to Hawaii every Christmas with her mom. She also only films hauls. Like every other video is a haul, and if not, the video is definitely showcasing her materials galore.

I just want her to break it down- what kind of law field she works in. Not where obviously or anything that will give her personal or work info away, but I just want her to one day talk about the elephant in the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imnotfatimbigboned
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by imnotfatimbigboned »

I quite like her but I quickly got bored because although I like looking at designer stuff I can't afford it. Because she films so many flashy videos on her goodies it got old. Wish she would mix it up a bit. Sure she does outfits of the day which is good she just needs to mix it up.

Tea_and_Crumpets
Informer
Informer

Post by Tea_and_Crumpets »

Oh look another new Chanel! She didn't want to do an unboxing as it would be too 'pretentious' as she's got a recent Chanel obsession (her words).

Really going from 0 to 3 (or more? i lost count) in maybe 3 months and just started work. It's fine that she can afford it through her new job, or via her mom/family ... but every unboxing her schtick is:-

1 - giving tips on how to save for Chanel/designer bag
2 - she will constantly say that this is in investment piece and will be enough (but uh .. it never is as a new one shows up weeks later).

Just own it!

Champagne4Breakfast
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Champagne4Breakfast »

I think she comes from money. I've been watching her for a few years now. I originally found her when she did a Lululemon collection video. The designer handbags are a more recent development with her new job....but she definitely wore expensive clothing items while she was a student.

sweethomenc
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by sweethomenc »

I need to find a poor version of her channel! lol
But honestly, I really wish there were more gurus on YT that had real jobs and were working professionals. It's a niche market, I know. Anyway, I do like Elle but you can tell she comes from money. Her style is a bit aged, but it's similar to what a lot of people at that same age at my job wear.

Kimmymarie
Debater
Debater

Post by Kimmymarie »

I like her. I enjoy how well spoken she is. She definitely has expensive taste though.

badbitchlikethis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by badbitchlikethis »

I love her. It's nice to see someone who's educated, eloquent, and has great taste.

Inspectorpg1
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Inspectorpg1 »

Wonder if Elle Florence is a pseudonym. When googling that name, nothing related to law comes up, unlike other vloggers who have their profiles on their law firms.

Kimmymarie
Debater
Debater

Post by Kimmymarie »

I actually really love her style for the most part. I'm in my late 20's and most youtubers wear crop tops and super short shorts with their ass hanging out, ick, I cannot relate to that style, they all dress the same. I find her style refreshing though some of her business attire is not particularly my style.

Neia13
Informer
Informer

Post by Neia13 »

Inspectorpg1 wrote:Wonder if Elle Florence is a pseudonym. When googling that name, nothing related to law comes up, unlike other vloggers who have their profiles on their law firms.
Apparently her name is Eleanor (or Elleanor?!), she mentioned it in a recent video, maybe that's why you couldn't find it. But I'm not surprised she doesn't use her real name, at least gets to keep some privacy. She comes from money and probably doesn't want to be "judged" or doesn't want people to guess how rich her family is or who they are.

littleraskle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by littleraskle »

Great find. She seems so well educated and put together. Her work style is definetly aged. I dont think you need to dress that "stuffy" to look professional, i certainly dont.

mariella
Informer
Informer

Post by mariella »

Just recently found her through the yt sidebar and I like her!
Her style of dress to me is classy. Yes it is expensive but I don't need to own every single piece she does :D

I find her definitely refreshing with a real job and normal manners :)

So let's hope she doesn't start daily vlogging so I'll get annoyed with being overexposed :D

imnotfatimbigboned
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by imnotfatimbigboned »

I like her for the most part. Sometimes I find her at times unrelatable because her lifestyle does not totally mesh with mine, a working mom with kids. But no hate because of that. Sometimes her suggestions are ridiculous. For example, she dries flat most of her clothing. She never mentioned hanging them up. I understand her philosophy of the dryer ruins your clothing but I hang mine for that reason. Who has the time or space to flat lay everything?

Complainer6045
Learner
Learner

Post by Complainer6045 »

Inspectorpg1 wrote:Wonder if Elle Florence is a pseudonym. When googling that name, nothing related to law comes up, unlike other vloggers who have their profiles on their law firms.
Her name is Eleanor Lecocq
A word to the wise isn't necessary. It's the stupid ones that need the help!

littleraskle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by littleraskle »

She has such a classy, put together life. Like the new loft although it is a bit cluttered for my tastes!

RaraAvis
Learner
Learner

Post by RaraAvis »

She lives in my city but we are utter opposites when it comes to income brackets. It's hard not to be a little envious of her lifestyle. I'd always imagined lawyers to be over-worked types who weren't likely to take the time to indulge in things unrelated to their career.

I also think it wouldn't be too difficult to find her lawyer page. I mean, Vancouver isn't that big and how many Eleanor's are there working in law firms?

perennialamateur

Post by perennialamateur »

Her manner comes off as affected to me. What should have been self-deprecating comments and witty jokes sound so rehearsed and they fall flat. And she likes using big words that though are correct, are too formal or just plain out of context.

BUT those are minor complaints. Her videos are good and I like her point of view even though her way of speaking rubs me the wrong way.

Champagne4Breakfast
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Champagne4Breakfast »

I agree, her manner is speech sounds stiff and she has a lot of "uptalk" and maybe vocal fry (not sure if that's what I'm hearing? but kinda stereotypical "valley girl"-ish) I've been watching her since her first few videos in 2012 or 211 and she's always talked like this. I think it makes her sound less intelligent than she probably is and I wonder how she talks to other lawyers/in her professional life. However, that's literally my only complaint. I just hope she never goes full-time Youtube and keeps going on her current career. Even though we are in widely different income brackets and I'm not a huge fan of her taste, I do like that she obviously has to dress for work so her outfits are always practical and give good inspiration for real work wardrobes. I've definitely pulled some ideas from her.

Return to “Elle Florence”