itsgrace (formerly dailygrace) Part Dos Equis!

IAmBea
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: itsgrace (formerly dailygrace) Part Dos Equis!

Post by IAmBea »

isanami wrote:I don't understand. Are they going to sell this novella? Or is it going to be only on the internet? I hope they don't try to sell it and make money out of the viewers.
I don't think so,it wasn't mentioned in the video.
But if the people whose chapters had been selected to be in the novella, actually received a % of the money, I wouldn't be opposed to it being sold.
(in the ''giving people money they earned'' POV, not the ''another way to make money out of viewers'' LOL ) It would be refreshing to see fans getting the money for once

thelastbagel
Informer
Informer

Post by thelastbagel »

Yeah, Grace addressed the money issue, but I highly doubt she is doing this for AT&T out of the kindness of her heart. She earned something out of writing the first chapter and doing this series, and it seems only fair to compensate other people who are chosen for their work. I think it's a good contest for writers who want to be noticed, but it also seems like they are taking advantage.

IAmBea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmBea »

^^
Yep.
While is a great oportunity for people who wants to get noticed, OFC it isn't out of kindness. Grace will most likely get a good amount of money out of this,specially considering the videos she will film. reading the entries (though someone else will probably filter the better ones so she can pick one).
Still think there should another ''prize'' to the winners. Even is a printed version of the novella, with a nice art work and all,autographed etc , if they live in the US, invitations for the reading of it at Vidcon.

o_O
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by o_O »

So Grace addressed some comments in today's video. Specifically about her body (as she put it). She said that with the book tour she gave up drinking which made her less puffy. I'm not sure I entirely believe that is the all encompassing answer. She now claims to be drinking moderately. So does that mean we will see a fuller face? I'm truly worried for her.

IAmBea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmBea »

While it' clear she's been stressed out, something she has mentioned, I do believe her.
I've seen people slim down a lot just from cutting alcohol, and Grace is naturally very thin, so you combine that, with no alcohol + being stressed +doing lots of de-stress running, her body will show effects. (that and the horrible silver hair did make her look really gaunt)

IAmBea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmBea »

Sorry to double post, but the boards kept crashing down for me and now I can't edit my post

anyways....
unless she goes back to drinking a lot, the puffer face most likely won't come back.

Still think she could use some time off, though. Given her past with ED, any weight loss will always bring a lot of concern and the person should be extra careful, sometimes they engage in purging and starving habbits without realizing.

Cyllene
Learner
Learner

Post by Cyllene »

That video today looked like something you make when you are drunk, then wake up in the morning and say, "Oh hell no, what was I thinking?"

So many YouTuber train wrecks lately.

ughmygosh
Informer
Informer

Post by ughmygosh »

IAmBea wrote:While it' clear she's been stressed out, something she has mentioned, I do believe her.
I've seen people slim down a lot just from cutting alcohol, and Grace is naturally very thin, so you combine that, with no alcohol + being stressed +doing lots of de-stress running, her body will show effects. (that and the horrible silver hair did make her look really gaunt)
I believe her too. I don't think she wouldn't brought it up like she did if she actually was having issues again. Obviously people can lie and deny it, but I honestly don't think she'd bring it to even more peoples attention if she truly was struggling, whether she was denying it or not.

It sucks that all she's trying to do is be healthier and she's slimming down. But at the end of the day, in my own opinion, it's better to be healthy, than to look healthy, if your body isn't going to do both simultaneously.

melissa1983
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by melissa1983 »

I I haven't watched any videos of hers in a long time and today I watched the trailer for Electra Woman And Dyna Girl that she uploaded today. Holy shit. It just took me by surprise. I came to see if anyone had mentioned it, and yep. Hope she's alright.

blueneighbourhood
Lurker
Lurker

Post by blueneighbourhood »

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but I've recently been skimming through Grace's videos and noticed that both Colleen & Rachel left comments on Grace's vlogmas parody. Are they in on the joke as well or legitimately butthurt??
Sorry if this has been brought up before

rachz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by rachz »

blueneighbourhood wrote:I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but I've recently been skimming through Grace's videos and noticed that both Colleen & Rachel left comments on Grace's vlogmas parody. Are they in on the joke as well or legitimately butthurt??
Sorry if this has been brought up before
Oh interesting..... I hadn't seen this, though i'm not surprised that coleen would be the butthurt one haha

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

I just watched her Electra Woman trailer and when she came on in the end I had to really strain to see if she had some skinny stretch thing on the video. She's starting to look like Skeletor. Mamrie as well.

Falling victim to the Hollywood Bobblehead syndrome.
That Girl!

Filmmucker
Learner
Learner

Post by Filmmucker »

She does look much more thin than I remember her. I really hope she's okay.

ehawkins
Stalker
Stalker

Post by ehawkins »

fancyvagabond wrote:The gray hair is so so awful... Ages her 5 years. My impression of Grace for the past 3 years or so has been that she never saw herself being a youtuber for this long. She talks a lot about new media being just as worthwhile as traditional media, but I don't think she really believes it. She wants to become a legit actress, but maybe because of her social anxiety - the girl doesn't do well in auditions. I mean she's a tall and pretty blonde, you'd think she'd book something by now like a guest spot on SVU but nope. Her E! show was an attempt to translate her youtube success into tv and it failed miserably. Her success online remains meaningless in her pursuit of a mainstream career and I imagine it is a hard pill for her to swallow. The girl is 30 now, and the older she gets the more frustrated she gets. I dont think she wants to to be on youtube in 5 years catering to the same online teengirl audience.

ancermet
Informer
Informer

Post by ancermet »

Anyone seen her Coachella essentials video? I'm sick of her trolling videos and overused awkward jokes so i dont want to waste my time, it looks cringey/try hard from the thumbnail. And to be fair, the loss of weight can be due to stress, obviously the girl has been overworked since she broke off of dailygrace and as for Mamrie, i feel like something happened to her recently, like she broke up with the dude she was seeing or something personal.
english is my first language, im just lazy.

anushri36
Talker
Talker

Post by anushri36 »

ancermet wrote:Anyone seen her Coachella essentials video? I'm sick of her trolling videos and overused awkward jokes so i dont want to waste my time, it looks cringey/try hard from the thumbnail.
I actually think it wasn't that bad. For one, she actually had useful advice interspersed, even if it was kind of obvious stuff. She related just about everything to being attacked/in an apocalypse which was cringe-y after a while, but by the end she says that it was supposed to allude to "The Walking Dead". A little bit of a flop on the humor, but overall much more solid than some of her recent videos.

As for Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, the trailer made it seem like Hannah's character is secondary to Grace's leading role, which probably won't sit well with people who are fans of both of them/just Hannah. And the characters seem kind of daft, which is the complete opposite of what should happen for a feminist-style superhero franchise. I had pretty high hopes for the project, but I have a feeling it's not going to do nearly as well as Camo Takota did.

On that note, does anyone know if EWDG is supposed to be a movie or a series? I thought it was initially going to be a remake of the original series, but the trailer definitely seemed movie-like. And the YouTube comment section is pretty confused, too.

rachz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by rachz »

ancermet wrote:Anyone seen her Coachella essentials video? I'm sick of her trolling videos and overused awkward jokes so i dont want to waste my time, it looks cringey/try hard from the thumbnail. And to be fair, the loss of weight can be due to stress, obviously the girl has been overworked since she broke off of dailygrace and as for Mamrie, i feel like something happened to her recently, like she broke up with the dude she was seeing or something personal.
Idk, Mamrie seems alright to me. She's turned vegan and has been eating very healthily, but she wasn't skinny skinny like Grace was before, and i don't think she's been exercising constantly either.

I think EWDG is a feature length film by the sounds of it though i agree that it could be confusing

Filmmucker
Learner
Learner

Post by Filmmucker »

My impression on the Electra Women and Dyna Girl situation, as far as I can tell, is that they're not as heavily involved in the process of making it. At least it seems to me that way. They look like just actors in the movie.

I think the trailer was cut pretty generically. I really hope the movie is much better than the trailer, that's for sure. It probably won't be good, because generally movies YouTubers are involved with kind of suck. But since it's based off of an older piece of media, the story could be better than expected. From what I can see, it at least looks better than Lazer Team by Rooster Teeth.

elegantly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by elegantly »

Mamrie's weight loss has surprised me. She looks great, but it just surprised me. I think I recall her saying she had been through some really rough stuff, so maybe that's why.

The trailer was awful. It looks like something that should have been made 10 years ago.

Cyllene
Learner
Learner

Post by Cyllene »

anushri36 wrote:On that note, does anyone know if EWDG is supposed to be a movie or a series? I thought it was initially going to be a remake of the original series, but the trailer definitely seemed movie-like. And the YouTube comment section is pretty confused, too.
EWDG was shot as a web series (I think I read 8 episodes, each about 11 minutes long), but the pieces could be assembled into a full movie. I guess they shot some connecting footage to make the story flow either way. Fullscreen is going to begin showing the segments on their new $5 a month service, or you can buy the assembled movie in June.

I thought the trailer was odd because of what they included. Grace stumbling her way through a "Kegel exercises" joke was painful, and Hannah trying to sell that bad "soup can" joke wasn't much better. It only made the impression that the script is really bad. Hopefully, the whole movie won't be an embarrassment. The girls have Dirty 30 promo following right after this, so the line, "...from the stars of EW&DG" could be a huge shadow over what is probably a much better movie.

Return to “itsgrace”