itsgrace (formerly dailygrace) Part Dos Equis!

anushri36
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: itsgrace (formerly dailygrace) Part Dos Equis!

Post by anushri36 »

Crylaugh wrote:
Cyllene wrote:Is anyone else a little creeped out by this Tony Robbins retreat a big group of YouTubers went on? The Snaps and other social media from it looked like a mind controlled cult gathering. The screaming, dancing, celebrity testimonials and posed pictures with private jets just reminded me too much of that Scientology movie (Going Clear).
I don't know who Tony Robbins is, I've only seen the (same) picture posted on Grace and Chester's instagram. I saw that Chester also hashtagged #amovementiscoming or something like that. What is this whole thing about?
It's been all over Chester's snapchat. I don't totally understand what it's about, but there's no way that many well-known YouTubers went there voluntarily or just for fun. There's some kind of promotion or project going on between the older YouTube generation, and honestly it's kind of scary. These people for the most part manage themselves or at least make their own decisions, unlike the younger ones who get handheld through everything. Expect tons of talk about it when it gets released.

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by peanutella »

Yeah, they definitely got paid to be there. I really hope they don't get sucked into this. Lindsay Sterling, Shay Carl (is that his name?) and plenty of others also went.
Non.

infiernillo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by infiernillo »

She has definitely spread herself very thin in the last year or so with the books, films, show, podcast, all the flights (so many flights omg), etc. Probably needs a nice break from YT and social media. But she's stated before that she does better with lots to do. Workaholic.
"The road to truth is long, and lined the entire way with annoying bastards." -Alexander Jablokov :UFO:
______

Yoona
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Yoona »

I like how she picks and chooses what goes "too far" in comedy. Nicole Arbour's video was too much for her (I'm not disputing that Nicole is trash), but she thinks it's funny that people would get upset over racial/homophobic jokes and teeters on the line of it with her own comedy. I really can't believe how much I've grown to dislike this woman when I used to think she was so great.

Also, she seriously brought commenting on comments back? So much for making more of an effort this year LMAO.

rachz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by rachz »

Yoona wrote:I like how she picks and chooses what goes "too far" in comedy. Nicole Arbour's video was too much for her (I'm not disputing that Nicole is trash), but she thinks it's funny that people would get upset over racial/homophobic jokes and teeters on the line of it with her own comedy. I really can't believe how much I've grown to dislike this woman when I used to think she was so great.
I'm not denying, but where has she ever said that? i'm honestly curious

harvestmoongoddess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by harvestmoongoddess »

rachz wrote:
Yoona wrote:I like how she picks and chooses what goes "too far" in comedy. Nicole Arbour's video was too much for her (I'm not disputing that Nicole is trash), but she thinks it's funny that people would get upset over racial/homophobic jokes and teeters on the line of it with her own comedy. I really can't believe how much I've grown to dislike this woman when I used to think she was so great.
maybe they are referring to the podcast with brittany furlan? when they were talking about how brittany gets hate for stuff like that. thats also not the first time ive heard grace minimize people getting upset over racial/homophobic/transphobic etc. stuff. i dont watch her YT vids but she does that alot in her podcast

elegantly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by elegantly »

TBH, she lost major respect points with me for doing a podcast with Frankie. Like...a quick google search shows he's trash.

rachz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by rachz »

harvestmoongoddess wrote:
rachz wrote:
maybe they are referring to the podcast with brittany furlan? when they were talking about how brittany gets hate for stuff like that. thats also not the first time ive heard grace minimize people getting upset over racial/homophobic/transphobic etc. stuff. i dont watch her YT vids but she does that alot in her podcast
Ah right, i was gonna say. I don't listen to her podcasts but i've never heard her mention it in videos, i'm sure i would have remembered it.
The only occasion where i recall her brushing off people getting offended was when she kept mentioning Jesus in her video for the fun of it

scwilson
Learner
Learner

Post by scwilson »

I haven't watched any of Grace's videos lately, but watching her new video I can't help but think holy shit she's incredibly skinny. Like, I genuinely feel worried about how thin she looks.

Cyllene
Learner
Learner

Post by Cyllene »

It was announced today that Grace, Hannah, Mamrie, and Ingrid are the official promoters of that new Dysh app. But, the problem is that most of the fans of these girls are all the same people. Anyone who follows more than one of them on social media is going to get flooded with ads about this app. If anyone follows all four, they are screwed! It makes no sense to have four promoters to the exact same fan base.

IAmBea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmBea »

Cyllene wrote:It was announced today that Grace, Hannah, Mamrie, and Ingrid are the official promoters of that new Dysh app. But, the problem is that most of the fans of these girls are all the same people. Anyone who follows more than one of them on social media is going to get flooded with ads about this app. If anyone follows all four, they are screwed! It makes no sense to have four promoters to the exact same fan base.
I think the only one with a slightly different fanbase is Ingrid, who still has people from her Beauty Guru days that don't necessarily follow the trinity/have jumped on the ''Hangrid'' bandwagon.
But yeah, Marie,Hannah and Grace promoting the same app is very redundant to me. Unless they do it in very different ways via videos mostly.
Grace's with today's video,but at leat and Mamrie and Hannah can make videos more connected to their regular content with YDAD and MDK.
Maybe that would be a good reason for Grace to do more cooking videos. (at least they are better than fucking commenting on comments)

Crylaugh
Informer
Informer

Post by Crylaugh »

So they created this app which is like instagram but for food pictures only? Well that seems like a very specific market...

elegantly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by elegantly »

I can't see the app taking off that well, or growing. Only certain people take food pics.

o_O
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by o_O »

What is up with Grace pushing this, "getting 3,000,000 subscribers", now before Vidcon? She's mentioned it now several times. It makes me wonder if her success is falling.

lippies79
Talker
Talker

Post by lippies79 »

Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere before, but has Grace ever said why Goose is ALWAYS wearing a shirt? In literally every video/snap I've seen, she's never not in a dog-shirt. Surely it's not so cold in southern California that a large dog needs to be clothed 24/7?!

ughmygosh
Informer
Informer

Post by ughmygosh »

lippies79 wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere before, but has Grace ever said why Goose is ALWAYS wearing a shirt? In literally every video/snap I've seen, she's never not in a dog-shirt. Surely it's not so cold in southern California that a large dog needs to be clothed 24/7?!
It's to calm Goose. There's this whole thing about it, but basically the idea came from storm vests or whatever, for dogs. The storm vests are for dogs then get anxious during storms and shit, it's something to do with being hugged by the material or whatever that makes them feel more secure. It's now carried over just in day to day life for dogs that are anxious at regular times, not just during storms. I'm sure the costumes are more for fun, but the shirts are more for Goose to feel secure. I know it sounds dumb as hell, haha. But it's a legit, real thing.

lippies79
Talker
Talker

Post by lippies79 »

ughmygosh wrote:
lippies79 wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere before, but has Grace ever said why Goose is ALWAYS wearing a shirt? In literally every video/snap I've seen, she's never not in a dog-shirt. Surely it's not so cold in southern California that a large dog needs to be clothed 24/7?!
It's to calm Goose. There's this whole thing about it, but basically the idea came from storm vests or whatever, for dogs. The storm vests are for dogs then get anxious during storms and shit, it's something to do with being hugged by the material or whatever that makes them feel more secure. It's now carried over just in day to day life for dogs that are anxious at regular times, not just during storms. I'm sure the costumes are more for fun, but the shirts are more for Goose to feel secure. I know it sounds dumb as hell, haha. But it's a legit, real thing.
Ohhhh! I'm familiar with the concept behind the thunder-shirts but I didn't know that a similar effect could be had just by having the dog in a t-shirt all the time! Very interesting, thank you!!

Cyllene
Learner
Learner

Post by Cyllene »

o_O wrote:What is up with Grace pushing this, "getting 3,000,000 subscribers", now before Vidcon? She's mentioned it now several times. It makes me wonder if her success is falling.
Posting rambling ass vids that are really just advertisements for your off YouTube projects isn't going to get new subscribers. People need to be able to share and recommend the videos to their friends in order to attract new subscribers. Nobody is going to recommend some promo of a podcast, app, book, or movie to their friends as, "You need to subscribe to this person."

Crylaugh
Informer
Informer

Post by Crylaugh »

I'm a bit late but i've just watched her stream of consciousness video, i was expecting an unedited video about her rambling about stuff but i guess she just loves those bloody jumpcuts way too much.

harvestmoongoddess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by harvestmoongoddess »

did she go back to blonde?

Return to “itsgrace”