Prom dress advice!

glittergirl

Prom dress advice!

Post by glittergirl »

So i have been searching for a prom dress for a while and i finally think ive found the one! I also need one that isnt too clingy as i have a larger hip due to medical reason and it has to be affordable. But i was so excited to show my bff the dress and she did not like it at all she pretty much told me how unflattering and childish it looks! So now im wondering is it nice? or is everyone else going to hate it like she did? I know it shouldnt matter what anyone else thinks but its bothering me! And my "date" has a habit of telling me how bad my hair is on certain days etc and makes quite a few not nice personal comments so im scared he'll make a comment like that at the prom when i feel good about my self and infront of everyone it would be embarrassing ): Heres the dress: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Strapless-Shi ... 1c2a12b464 Please be honest thanks(: x

shadowlurker
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Prom dress advice!

Post by shadowlurker »

okay, i'll be honest. please don't be offended or anything, everyone has their own opinions and stuff, and i also don't mean to be mean or anything!

personally... i think that dress is a little bit.. tacky. the colors paired with the rhinestones just irk me. the most important thing is that YOU like your dress though, and not what everyone else thinks. what colors do you prefer, and what length? i looked on eBay UK and liked this one, a 1950s style prom dress:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/dress190-BLAC ... 271wt_1271

maybe that's absolutely not your thing though! haha. how old are you? i need to take my mind of real life, i can browse and look up suggestions for you.. lol!

p.s. your date sounds like a jerk. get a new date!! what guy tells you in front of everyone how bad your hair looks? seriously... ugh! >:(

glittergirl

Post by glittergirl »

Pink is my favourite colour (: and i want it to be long and yeah i see what you mean about the dress and im 15 . and yeah my date is certainly different lol .. and its unpredictable what he'll say he just has a habit of pointing out your flaws infront of everyone! i kindof like these ones also : both in pink http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stock-HOT-Pro ... 2c675a1fce or http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Charming-Stra ... 2321e84fab

Meowface
Talker
Talker

Post by Meowface »

Wear what makes you happy and feel comfortable :) Your date sounds like a complete jerk.. no offense but honestly putting you down in public is so disrespectful.
the second link you sent is my favorite out of your choices however I'm not really girly or into things like that.. haha.

Please bear in mind that things from Ebay are not always the best quality so really double check the seller and their feedback and make sure you try and order within plenty of time so you can try and swap it if you need too.

ALSO double check TKmaxx because I got a formal dress from their for a kind of prom and it was super cheap and I could actually try it on and see if It was me or not :)

shadowlurker
Informer
Informer

Post by shadowlurker »

I like the second link dress too, especially the blush color is pretty!

and YES, TKmaxx (or TJmaxx for me over here :) ) is great for dresses!!! Definitely check there.

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

Agreed, I love the second link dress, it looks so flowy and nice.

putdownthebrush
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by putdownthebrush »

WEAR WHAT YOU WANT. Dump the date. And dance your butt off. Take it from a girl who let her friends decide her prom dress, brought a loser date, and looks back on those photos wishing I'd just done what I felt like doing.

Return to “Prom”