Niomi Smart

AliCat
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Niomi Smart

Post by AliCat »

Hey everyone - long time lurker, finally joined because I think my boyfriend is sick of hearing all about this.

Does anyone else find Niomi to be really boring and lacking in the personality department? I tried reading her blog (didn't think it flowed well) and watching her videos she seems to have adopted a lot of Tanya's disney princess voice. She also just doesn't seem to have much to say - don't get me wrong, her health tips seem good but she just seems to lack personality in her videos. More power to her, she'll get far (and has done, very quickly) by being in with the Gleam crowd, but I just don't know what her appeal is. Didn't do anything for me.
Relaunched my blog due to a love of writing & beautiful things.

alli-lane.com <3

Northern_beauty
Talker
Talker

Re: Niomi Smart

Post by Northern_beauty »

She has very little appeal to me anyway. I'm actually sick of everyone sucking up to her. She's nothing special in terms of being a blogger/youtuber and she doesn't add anything new into the mix. I shouldn't say she doesn't deserve her subs but she gained so many so fast she lacks that something that people who've worked for them have(if I'm making sense). I dislike how sickly sweet she (And other gleamers) come across on camera Seems very fake in my opinion. I'm just not keen on her to be perfectly honest, possibly because I was at school and sixth form college with girls like her who didn't like me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

I just can't warm up to her, I find her boring and completely agree that she brought nothing new so far. She's simply one more cashing in on Youtube/Gleam.

Her attempts at being quirky/funny on her shoe collection voice-overs were SO cringe worthy!

VlogLover
Debater
Debater

Post by VlogLover »

I agree with her seeming to be gaining her success from the YouTubers she hangs out with. The thing about Niomi though, is just that she seems like she's actually having fun with YouTube (when it's not awkward). A lot of the people she hangs out with seem to not enjoy vlogging or making videos as much anymore, so she's refreshing in that sense.

hannah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hannah »

Watching her shoe collection video made me realise she sounds like a satnav, and slightly like a 6 year old in a class assembly telling a story, she's so boring

AliCat
Informer
Informer

Post by AliCat »

Thank god I'm not the only one! I couldn't believe it when I saw her first video. I tried to read her blog but ugh, then I thought she just gained subscribers from being Marcus' girlfriend. However, when I looked yesterday, she's an official Gleamer.

Girl you got a law degree, go do something with it!

I agree that she has brought nothing new. So far, it's just look at my shoes, I don't wear foundation, look at what I bought this week, did you hear I don't wear foundation? Those pixiwoo videos were a little cringey. All she's famous for is being pretty, being Marcus' girlfriend and her faux sugar-sweet persona. I wish she'd let some personality shine through (if she has any) and do something different.

Also in her casual shoe collection WTH was with the ones she designed herself? Leopard print with orange with studs? Looked a hot mess to me.

alli-lane.com <3

Ibarr13
Talker
Talker

Post by Ibarr13 »

She's about interesting as an ironing board and you can see through the sugary sweet act a mile away. The being said, I'm very curious about her family background..she seems very wealthy.

And nothing to do with anything but her mom just had a baby...what..... :? :? :?

Lurker05693
Informer
Informer

Post by Lurker05693 »

Her new video was basically an advert! She is so boringgggggggggg lol and I agree I'm sick of hearing "I don't wear foundation" too

About her being pretty: I don't see it at all. I think she is average looking tbh her teeth make me super uncomfortable
ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE PLEASE DONT BE TOO HARSH ABOUT MY GRAMMAR OR ANY MISSPELLING. THANK YOU

Laura
Debater
Debater

Post by Laura »

I don't understand how she can say she doesn't wear foundation when she wears studio fix powder! I really don't get the hype with this girl, she's cross eyed and has a lisp.

Northern_beauty
Talker
Talker

Post by Northern_beauty »

Also in regards to her health tips. She and others need to stop with them. None of them are qualified nutritionists or dieticians. I think personally it's irresponsible to be giving that sort of advice to their audiences of Tweens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blair Gilbert
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Blair Gilbert »

Whyyyyy did she have to do a make up tutorial? It was soooo bad, I felt like I was filming myself doing make up at the age of 13! Just why Niomi???

AliCat
Informer
Informer

Post by AliCat »

I think she also needs to put a bit of inspiration into her hair - yes she's average/pretty but her hair is quite thick and her current style makes it look.... puffy. If you get what I mean? Over straightened and too much of it - get some long layers or whack a curl or two in.

She did comment on someone's comment in her last video - they said that Marcus and others had edited her videos for her and she denied it :D

alli-lane.com <3

toucs
Learner
Learner

Post by toucs »

Her new grwm she sounded exactly like Tanya. The same mannerisms.

effanie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by effanie »

I get this is trash a guru so by all means go ahead, I won't frequent this thread often but thought i'd say that I really like her! I agree that her content is nothing new or original, and that her instant success has come from dating Marcus and the youtube posse. But I still think she's very sweet and genuine, and the reason people subscribe having found her through Marcus is because she is refreshing in the sense that she doesn't come across as trying too hard and that she does seem to enjoy making videos (when 99% of the "youtube crew" constantly complain about how much work it is/how much they don't enjoy it any more), and she's never claimed to be a qualified nutritionist (making a pizza from butternut squash, and suggesting porridge as a healthy breakfast, is hardly irresponsible).

quartz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by quartz »

did youtube really need one more vapid ditz talking about shopping, makeup and food?

EnidColeslaw
Debater
Debater

Post by EnidColeslaw »

I thought she seemed quite sweet when I first saw her in Marcus' vlog, but she soon started to grate on me as she seems like such a spoilt little rich girl with more possessions than personailty. I have tried to watch her videos but I just can not stand the way she over pronounces every single word, she sounds like she's reading a script and it's so dull.

AliCat
Informer
Informer

Post by AliCat »

No worries on liking her - I wanted to like her but just couldn't stand her. I suppose it isn't a hate rather than a feeling that she's a bit.... naff. I can't believe Gleam signed her so soon but maybe they saw £££ symbols when they looked at her. I did like her healthy breakfasts though, but one of them was already my staple breakfast :D

alli-lane.com <3

Honolulu
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Honolulu »

Typical person who is close with a famous youtuber who decides to start their own channel even though they have no talent of their own because they see how easy of a job it is. And she didn't even have to work at all for her subs :/

BellatrixLestrange13
Informer
Informer

Post by BellatrixLestrange13 »

Honolulu wrote:Typical person who is close with a famous youtuber who decides to start their own channel even though they have no talent of their own because they see how easy of a job it is. And she didn't even have to work at all for her subs :/
^This. It's a bummer for all of those other youtubers who have to work so hard from 0 and still haven't reached half of her subscribers which she got because of her connections with other youtubers. Shows that life is unfair :D

ggeyeliner
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ggeyeliner »

I think she is super gorgeous.
ENGLISH ISN'T MY FIRST LANGUAGE. Sorry for misunderstandings!

People should read everything, not the first 5 words and judge!

Return to “Niomi Smart”