bleh123
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Inducing your period?

Post by bleh123 »

Hello beautiful ladies :HK:

So that's the question, do you know of any ways that can help induce your period, as in having it coming in the next 1-2 days or so? I've got a family trip to attend, and I really need it to come NOW. It's scheduled for next wednesday but I need it to come now, so birth control methods are out of question.

So, any tips? (btw I'm not on birth control nor am I pregnant) Thanks for any help!!!!! :love2:

laurakandybloom
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Inducing your period?

Post by laurakandybloom »

Hmmm, i think it's impossible to induce your period...
Never heard of a method that would do so.

Questioning a little if your trolling.... or nah?

Honolulu
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Honolulu »

I know that if you take birth control you can control when you get your periods in the future. It would be too late for you to avoid it this trip though. So no there are no methods for you...is it really that big of a deal if you get it on your trip though? Lol

Batila
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Batila »

Sex can help at least it does for me. Whenever I feel like my period is late I have sex with my bf and literally the next morning I get it.

ravioliiii
Talker
Talker

Post by ravioliiii »

You can't induce it necessarily, but you can gently encourage it. I'm on hormonal birth control and my periods are pretty unpredictable so this is what I do:
Take about a teaspoon of (dried) sage, ginger or chamomile (these are mild emmenagogues) and literally brew it like tea. You can combine these to improve the taste or add other stuff in, as long as there's at least a teaspoon of the above mentioned herb in there. Leave it 5-10 minutes to darken the water and then strain it and use a teaspoon of honey to sweeten. I don't really enjoy herbal teas but it's bare-able, I just grit my teeth and chug it.
I know it sounds really weird and hippy-ish but it always seems to work for me, even if it's a placebo effect haha!
It works best if you drink it more than once a day, but it only really works if you're 'due' your period or if it's late. Not sure if it'll make it come early.
Try it and tell me how it goes!! :love2:

loljokesss
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by loljokesss »

I'm probably late on this thread (no pun intended), but there are a few ways that work for me!
I usually take hot baths (as hot as you can stand), and I stay in for about an hour. Orgasms always seem to make my period come as well (whether through sex with a partner or by myself).
:toss:

bleh123
Learner
Learner

Post by bleh123 »

Thanks so much for your help everyone! When I posted this it was too late lol :P but some tips might be helpful for the future! thanks :)

@laurakandybloom no I wasn't trolling D:

ItsRawrzz
Informer
Informer

Post by ItsRawrzz »

Not that I imagine thud bring any use to you, because it's probably just just an unfortunate coincidence...but my period is very irregular... And the days I see my boyfriend are even more irregular (twice a month?). Anyway, it seems that the day before I'm about to see him my body decides it's "go time" and I get my period. Sometimes I don't see my boyfriend for 6 weeks and I have no period at all...but then we plan to meet and BAM!

So I induce my period by getting emotionally hormonal about seeing my other half lol (which I then have to postphone because of the period haha)

So yeah...probably not any help to you but wanted to share :-)

Return to “Period Care”