The worst job/job experience you've ever had

jehhknees
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The worst job/job experience you've ever had

Post by jehhknees »

I used to work at a fast food place and the manager was such a bitch. We weren't allowed to have facial piercings but she'd let her favorite girls wear them. One time she gave me a warning because my side bangs weren't inside my hair net but one of her favorite girls never wore a hair net she'd have her hair down and it would shed like crazy and the manager tried to blame me for 10 dollars that where missing from the cash register. I quit. I haven't been able to get a job since then I was 19 and I'm 23 now ):
So gay I can't even think straight (;

[[Dat Mexican-Filipino Chick]]

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

JenLizama wrote:I used to work at a fast food place and the manager was such a bitch. We weren't allowed to have facial piercings but she'd let her favorite girls wear them. One time she gave me a warning because my side bangs weren't inside my hair net but one of her favorite girls never wore a hair net she'd have her hair down and it would shed like crazy and the manager tried to blame me for 10 dollars that where missing from the cash register. I quit. I haven't been able to get a job since then I was 19 and I'm 23 now ):

Similar things have happened to me. This girl I work with has her hair 2 shades of blue, tons of piercings and visible tattoos, likes to wear shirts that show her bra/bra straps, wears at least a pound of makeup a day--never gets in trouble. A few weeks ago, I was working and my manager took me aside and yelled at me for not following the dress code. What was wrong? My tights were too sheer and my legs were visible :roll: She threatened to write me up if I wore them again.

Cat_Lady22
Informer
Informer

Post by Cat_Lady22 »

Door to door sales. Dehumanising as fuck. I learnt a lot, but it was my first and worst job.

Wombat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wombat »

I worked in fast food as a teenager. I learned in that job never to judge people by their appearance- patched gang members were polite to me, while middle-class parents were abusive, arrogant and allowed their children to be rude to me. Also, doing children's parties is why I fear children.

Beefit

Post by Beefit »

I forget what they call it when a family hires your company to come assist their loved one with daily care or whatever they need your help with. Well I was new, no training from the company, was called to meet a patient in the hospital. My co-worker told me that my new patient was sleeping but sit with her... So I did, without any formal introduction. The patient woke up 5 minutes and freaked the f*ck out on me. She had dementia, used to be a history professor at the university, but was racist as hell. Her "friend" came and called my company to fire me because I politely went to the bathroom ONCE. In the 2hours I was there. I said peace out and wished her the best. Told the company to F off also.

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

Outside sales. The place I worked in was nice and I had a free membership while I was there, but it was by far the hardest job I've ever had. I lasted for less than 3 months -_-

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

My worst job hands down had to be when I worked at a high end, bougie (sp? Haha) store. I had 2 managers and one of them absolutely despised me, for whatever reason, she'd purposely go out of her way to ignore me and speak to all of my other co-workers and everyone who she saw but refusing to speak to me, refused to help me whenever I had a problem, and hardly even put me on the schedule despite my full availability. She would hardly even look at me, despite me never giving her a reason to not like me. Straw that broke the camels back was when she accused me of stealing her wallet from her purse one day whilst I was at work even though she had zero proof--she flat out accused me because she didn't like me.

Ended up calling HR later that day and they surprisingly sided with me, telling me it was probably best if I left the job (because I told them I didn't feel comfortable working for people who thought I was a thief). I had only been there for 8 weeks and didn't ever plan on putting the job on my resume or using them as a reference, so I just stopped showing up. Doubt they cared much, either.

citypidgeon
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by citypidgeon »

let’s just say a clothing company that starts with a P and ends with mark
Treated awfully by the generally public, they all make a mess by ripping open packages and throwing clothes everywhere and then would shout at me about the shop not being clean and the managers treated all the people below like we were worthless
on the bright side all the other part time assistants were absolutely lovely and the only thing that got me through
<3 dead leaves, desperate summers <3

Luna3chloe
Talker
Talker

Post by Luna3chloe »

At a private psych ward.. Patents was the only thing good about that place ! Management was horrible and they only cared about increasing the census!

ItsmeMaya
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ItsmeMaya »

I worked at a fast food restaurant, the job was veery stressful and the pay bad. I liked almost all my coworkers, most were really fun and nice people so the job wasn't all bad.. BUT the boss was pretty much a psychopath. Like if anyone made a small mistake he would get extremely mad, even if it was a new employee who made an honest mistake. You felt like you were walking on eggshells when he was near, like for example if we were working together making burgers, joking talking etc he could all of a sudden become completely serious and say " I hope you're not making any mistakes now because then I will be very angry" .... what??

I finally quit after he kept giving me shifts I never agreed to
English is not my first language <3

Return to “Work”