likefrylikefry
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: clothesencounters Part 2

Post by likefrylikefry »

LMAO HER APP

does any youtuber have an app that is successful and still going?

BunnyTheDude
Talker
Talker

Post by BunnyTheDude »

Icametoread4u_ wrote:what's wrong if she has a new editor? She's paying someone money to put their degree to use. You know how hard it is to get a job as a graphic designer? be happy for that girl. Another thing so what if the girl fucking drinks if she wants to work out to drink let her fucking do it geesh. she's fucking 26 let her drink and suck ben off in peace. anyways something i noticed *sips tea* i think her and sophia (fashionist804) are becoming even closer and that's putting steph in the back.
Yeah, completely agree!! I guess people are complaining that when a youtuber hires an editor or graphic designer, things are not looking as "personal" as before, but come on.. obviously she OKs everything and it's not such a big deal. Or at least, I don't think it's a bad thing.

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

There's nothing wrong with having an editor per se but editing is a large bulk of the job and it's not like she has a professional YouTube channel like a news show so when full time youtubers who aren't doing much else with their life/time besides gallivanting around and updating their instagrams, hires someone to do the bulk of their work for them it just kinda feels pointless for them to be even making videos. She has Benn filming her videos, and Dawn (a graphic designer) who does all the thumbnails, transitions and graphic designs, all that's left for jenn to do is play dress up and upload sponsored video after sponsored video but then they complain that they're stressed out or lacking motivation like their lives are so hard (This isn't only pertaining to Jenn btw but most youtubers in general, esp those who have outsourced their duties)

BunnyTheDude
Talker
Talker

Post by BunnyTheDude »

So your problem is that she doesn't work enough? I think it's a stretch really... you watch youtube videos for content mainly, so if she focuses on the content and chooses to pay others to do different things for her channel (while still being involved with what they do and how they do it) what's the big deal? I think that when someone evolves in their career they choose to delegate certain tasks, just like we choose to pay for something rather than make it ourselves.

The thing about her complaining that they're stressed out or not doing much with their lives and the extra time they have is another discussion which has to do with their personality and personal lives.

sharktea
Talker
Talker

Post by sharktea »

if you watch or even skim through all of her "what would jenn wear" segments you can literally see her style just degrading into just average streetwear and it's so sad really :(

happygolucky
Talker
Talker

Post by happygolucky »

Wow I just saw Sophia's vlog for Silas' birthday and Jenn has gained a lot of weight since her black hair days. You can tell by her arms. Also they're together so much that even though everyone else gets their own clue for a scavenger hunt, Jen & Ben only get one to do together lol

happygolucky
Talker
Talker

Post by happygolucky »

[youtube][/youtube]

I just rewatched her old videos and I can't believe how much she's changed. Her entire voice is different now, she almost speaks like a valley girl whereas before her voice was deeper and she seemed more well-spoken.

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

I love Jenn's vlogs but when i heard Benn narrating in part of the Jenntember Episode 2, I never clicked out a video so fast. I hate when youtubers get in a relationship and can't separate themselves or be alone. They no longer have separate Identities they're always together even when Jenn travels for work or work related events he's always there even if there's no need for him. In Sofia's vlog for Silas' bday they did a scavenger hunt. Everyone got individual clues including the couples except Jenn and Benn, they were lumped bc they apparently can't exist without the other

Aqus
Debater
Debater

Post by Aqus »

sharktea wrote:if you watch or even skim through all of her "what would jenn wear" segments you can literally see her style just degrading into just average streetwear and it's so sad really :(
I got inspired by your post and made a quick collage of her "What would Jenn wear" series

Wat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wat »

Yack. I can't imagine wearing 10% of what she wears outside.

gabigabs
Learner
Learner

Post by gabigabs »

Interesting vlog compilation of Jen's. Does anyone else has the same thought of why she eats the same kind of salad? I mean, she can make salad herself.... it's not that hard and way heatlhier?! Just basic observation.
Also, TMI in regard of her period. I mean we all have it but she always seemed a type of girl that would never address matters like this so it was quite weird. Nice to see she has ups and downs, as well as, admits sponsored stuff is done for money. What do you guys think?

sharktea
Talker
Talker

Post by sharktea »

Aqus wrote:
sharktea wrote:if you watch or even skim through all of her "what would jenn wear" segments you can literally see her style just degrading into just average streetwear and it's so sad really :(
I got inspired by your post and made a quick collage of her "What would Jenn wear" series
yeah she used to be so experimental with her fashion! She at least used a variety of patterns (sort of out-there prints) and silhouettes in the beginning... now it's just something high-waisted and a crop top with some kind of duster jacket

I feel her whole spiel about sponsored videos was pretty genuine and I appreciate that she at least addressed it in some way. She used to be sponsored by mostly dodgy clothing companies with questionable customer service and product quality but now at least she's working with some more legit brands...

vanillafilter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillafilter »

I'm okay with her recent sponsored videos, because yea, the brands she works with now are pretty legit and brands I would actually purchase anyway. Girl has gotta make a living, you can't make money from youtube views alone. But yea I agree that her style and personality have changed so much and really devolved in order to appeal to the masses. I think a part of that is the type of people she hangs out with nowadays- most of them don't seem like intelligent or people that would challenge her mind (or life) in any way, and most of them seem to just be riding her coat tails. For someone who was a communication major in college, she's not very articulate anymore. Maybe because she doesn't have to be.

And her style is whatever companies send her free shit. I mean she obviously buys stuff for herself but I think 90% of her wardrobe is paid for. I'm sure she still picks out the items she wants from those companies but I think she's become overly influenced by other things and people and she just isn't as creative or unique anymore. Again, because she doesn't have to be. She can dress like a basic bitch and her followers will still clamor over whatever she wears.

Aqus
Debater
Debater

Post by Aqus »

I don't mind sponsored content, but mentioning product once is enough- her video felt like an infomercial and by the end I could pretty much feel those Simple wipes being shoved down my throat.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allsaints »

Does she fund Ben lifestyle or does he come from money because homeboy is not employed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unicorns
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Unicorns »

Aqus wrote:I don't mind sponsored content, but mentioning product once is enough- her video felt like an infomercial and by the end I could pretty much feel those Simple wipes being shoved down my throat.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
One thing I can appreciate is she is only using one of their products. Some gurus use a whOle collection in a video and I'm just thinking "bitch please, you'd only use 1-2 of those items on a regular day. You're just getting paid" and it's just over kill.

ReiRei
Informer
Informer

Post by ReiRei »

I just noticed from her thrift haul how big and muscular her calves are

likefrylikefry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by likefrylikefry »

Nice attempt at a thrift haul but you know this chick won't wear that stuff.

sasquatched
Learner
Learner

Post by sasquatched »

^lol. I was thinking the exact same thing. Why even bother?

Return to “Jenn Im”