Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Most Attractive YouTubers

Post by Hippo »

Username wrote:
canachi wrote:
I was simply saying the youtubers in this thread should be what society agrees is attractive, not outlier individual tastes
Sorry to bring this argument back up but what exactly do you think "society" would class as attractive?
I meant what society generally agrees on. But specifically in this case I was referring to the most elite level of looks. I acknowledge people have different tastes, but since the title of this thread is "Most attractive youtubers", I was expecting people to post pictures of youtubers with the most extreme levels of beauty. This thread isn't titled "Attractive youtubers", it's titled "MOST attractive youtubers". Attractiveness is subjective only when the person has a moderate (or below) level of beauty. The top 1% of beauties are nearly unanimous. Pewdiepie does not qualify because his looks are not extreme enough.
Definitions of beauty will be different depending on where in the world you're from.
They're not THAT different among cultures. Cross culturally, the most attractive people would be viewed as attractive in pretty much every part of the world. Although there are individual preferences, there is still a general agreement on what is beautiful and what isn't.
I'm pretty sure Pewdiepie fits the western stereotype of attractive. (Tall, blonde hair, blue eyes, healthy weight). He fits the description of plenty of people's ideal man, looks wise at least.
You just described his coloring, that does not prove anything. There is nothing extraordinary about his facial features. Being blond and blue-eyed ALONE does not make anyone attractive. In fact, most people agree most blond haired, blue-eyed people are VERY average-looking. It's only the most attractive ones that get all the attention.
There isn't one universal idea of beauty, everyone's taste is different.
Everyone's tastes aren't THAT different when it comes to the most extreme end of beauty. As mentioned, this thread isn't titled "Attractive youtubers", it's titled "MOST attractive youtubers". By posting pictures of youtubers that have pedestrian-level beauty defeats the purpose of this thread.
So it's kind of dumb to tell people they should only be posting what society thinks is attractive. Also this thread would be super boring if everyone said they liked the same people ;)
You are misunderstanding. I'm not trying to tell people what they can or cannot find attractive. This thread isn't about attractiveness, it's about the highest level of attractiveness. (or at least that's how I interpreted this thread) There is barely any disagreement in the top 1% of looks.
Well, someone's a bit obsessive.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

^^ I like to address every point. That's just me. 8-)

Post by Guest »

Username: there's a difference between "attractiveness" and "beauty".
Username wrote:In fact, most people agree most blond haired, blue-eyed people are VERY average-looking.

Do they? And from where has this fact been taken?

I'm not even gonna bother with the rest of your post.

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

I think pewdiepie is really fucking good looking in my eyes, I'd totally go for him. AND he's probably more attractive then 98% of all youtubers. No one here is a Victoria Secret or Calvin Klein model. Besides, like supernovs said, it's posting who WE fancy.
Username wrote: Everyone's tastes aren't THAT different when it comes to the most extreme end of beauty.
Not true, many people think Megan Fox is a goddess while others think she's gross and scary looking.
A lot of people find Jennifer Lawrence or Emma Stone beautiful and many other people find them very average looking.
Same goes with Harry Styles, people are obsessed while others (myself and all my friends included) think he looks like a rat.
Same thing about Cara Delevigne, I think she looks atrocious but apparently others would kill to look like her?

The only case where majority of people find someone attractive is if they have a symmetrical face and follow the golden ratio rule, which is rare. But it really comes down to personal preferences.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

Person wrote:Username: there's a difference between "attractiveness" and "beauty".
Username wrote:In fact, most people agree most blond haired, blue-eyed people are VERY average-looking.

By going by people's reaction to the average blue-eyed blond. They have plain faces by any standard. They don't get much attention from the opposite sex, only the most attractive ones do. You're thinking of only the upper echelon of blue eyed blonds.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

vclean wrote:I think pewdiepie is really fucking good looking in my eyes, I'd totally go for him. AND he's probably more attractive then 98% of all youtubers. No one here is a Victoria Secret or Calvin Klein model. Besides, like supernovs said, it's posting who WE fancy.
Username wrote: Everyone's tastes aren't THAT different when it comes to the most extreme end of beauty.
Not true, many people think Megan Fox is a goddess while others think she's gross and scary looking.
That's because they're only seeing post-plastic surgery Megan Fox. Most people have no clue what she looked like until Transformers. Pre-surgery and pre-fame Megan Fox was undoubtedly an attractive girl. 99% of people will look at the pic below and agree that is an attractive girl. She might not be their favorite, but the beauty is obvious. Pic is from 2004, 16 year old Megan.

A lot of people find Jennifer Lawrence or Emma Stone beautiful and many other people find them very average looking.
Same goes with Harry Styles, people are obsessed while others (myself and all my friends included) think he looks like a rat.
Same thing about Cara Delevigne, I think she looks atrocious but apparently others would kill to look like her?
But none of the people you mentioned possess extreme beauty. Their looks are subjective because they fall outside of the top 1%. They're all normal-looking people with mastermind PR behind them, especially Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Stone. Many guys like them because they are attractive in an attainable way, not intimidatingly gorgeous. Fame can really elevate someone's looks that otherwise wouldn't have.
The only case where majority of people find someone attractive is if they have a symmetrical face and follow the golden ratio rule, which is rare. But it really comes down to personal preferences.
The whole symmetry = beauty is BS spouted the media. Symmetry has very little effect on beauty as long as a face isn't noticeably asymmetrical. Nobody's face is perfectly symmetrical and even if it was, the difference in beauty is negligible.

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

I'm talking about Megan Fox post-surgery. I find her stunning while others find her scary, in my opinion she still has one of the prettiest faces in Hollywood but others don't agree

No one in the youtube world is the "top 1%" .. there are no Adriana Limas and David Beckhams wasting their life on youtube, the point of this post is for us to name who we find attractive out of these people. And to call someone wrong for mentioning pewdiepie is really silly considering this whole post is subjective and opinion/preference - based.

Some people find him attractive, and some don't. We all don't have the same tastes. Can we just leave it at that and move on? If you would like to start a thread called "Out of the 1% of extreme beauties in the world, are any of them on youtube?" then by all means go ahead, but that's not what this thread it really about..

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

vclean wrote:I'm talking about Megan Fox post-surgery. I find her stunning while others find her scary, in my opinion she still has one of the prettiest faces in Hollywood but others don't agree
The ones who find her scary are looking at her overly-done plastic face, scary harsh eyebrows and makeup. They know nothing of pre-fame natural Megan Fox, an undeniable beauty, even to them.
No one in the youtube world is the "top 1%" .. there are no Adriana Limas and David Beckhams wasting their life on youtube, the point of this post is for us to name who we find attractive out of these people. And to call someone wrong for mentioning pewdiepie is really silly considering this whole post is subjective and opinion/preference - based.
I'm not wrong for thinking pewdiepie is not on an elite level of looks. People can find whatever they want attractive. But to be in the top league requires a majority agreement, which he is not.
Some people find him attractive, and some don't. We all don't have the same tastes. Can we just leave it at that and move on? If you would like to start a thread called "Out of the 1% of extreme beauties in the world, are any of them on youtube?" then by all means go ahead, but that's not what this thread it really about..
I agree, can we just move on? This debate ended a page ago but the person above brought it up again.

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

Username wrote:
vclean wrote:I think pewdiepie is really fucking good looking in my eyes, I'd totally go for him. AND he's probably more attractive then 98% of all youtubers. No one here is a Victoria Secret or Calvin Klein model. Besides, like supernovs said, it's posting who WE fancy.
That's because they're only seeing post-plastic surgery Megan Fox. Most people have no clue what she looked like until Transformers. Pre-surgery and pre-fame Megan Fox was undoubtedly an attractive girl. 99% of people will look at the pic below and agree that is an attractive girl. She might not be their favorite, but the beauty is obvious. Pic is from 2004, 16 year old Megan.

But none of the people you mentioned possess extreme beauty. Their looks are subjective because they fall outside of the top 1%. They're all normal-looking people with mastermind PR behind them, especially Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Stone. Many guys like them because they are attractive in an attainable way, not intimidatingly gorgeous. Fame can really elevate someone's looks that otherwise wouldn't have.
The whole symmetry = beauty is BS spouted the media. Symmetry has very little effect on beauty as long as a face isn't noticeably asymmetrical. Nobody's face is perfectly symmetrical and even if it was, the difference in beauty is negligible.
You've got some issues.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

^^ issues with what?

Post by Guest »

Username wrote:
Person wrote:Username: there's a difference between "attractiveness" and "beauty".

By going by people's reaction to the average blue-eyed blond. They have plain faces by any standard. They don't get much attention from the opposite sex, only the most attractive ones do. You're thinking of only the upper echelon of blue eyed blonds.

No...no? No.

Post by Guest »

Username wrote:But to be in the top league requires a majority agreement, which he is not.
But...you don't know that the majority of people agree that. I'd give up if I were you.

Post by Guest »

(AND ANOTHER THING) Username, this thread is about the most attractive youtubers. Nobody said pewdiepie is in the "1% of most beautiful people in the world". People on here simply think he's one of the most attractive youtubers. There's nothing you can do to change that.

I'll repeat what I said earlier: "beauty" and "attractiveness" aren't the same things. To add, "attractiveness" isn't limited to appearance. A person can be attractive for their personality. Heck, I said I believe Michael Aranda to be one of the most attractive youtubers. I don't find him physically beautiful, but I find his voice, hands, personality, etc. make him attractive.

Who are you to say what belongs in this thread? Clearly, there are no such things as "objective" beauty or "objective" attractiveness. If people can disagree over it, then it's a matter of opinion. Deal with it.

Gwen
Learner
Learner

Post by Gwen »

Sorry, I must have missed the part where it was decided that we should only post something if "the majority of people" agree with it. :roll:

Stop trying to regulate who people post as attractive. It's absolutely ridiculous. "The top 1%"...gimme a freakin break. Your hasty generalizations of beauty are not applicable to this thread.

Gwen
Learner
Learner

Post by Gwen »

Username wrote:
canachi wrote:
I was simply saying the youtubers in this thread should be what society agrees is attractive, not outlier individual tastes
Sorry to bring this argument back up but what exactly do you think "society" would class as attractive?
I meant what society generally agrees on. But specifically in this case I was referring to the most elite level of looks. I acknowledge people have different tastes, but since the title of this thread is "Most attractive youtubers", I was expecting people to post pictures of youtubers with the most extreme levels of beauty. This thread isn't titled "Attractive youtubers", it's titled "MOST attractive youtubers". Attractiveness is subjective only when the person has a moderate (or below) level of beauty. The top 1% of beauties are nearly unanimous. Pewdiepie does not qualify because his looks are not extreme enough.
Definitions of beauty will be different depending on where in the world you're from.
They're not THAT different among cultures. Cross culturally, the most attractive people would be viewed as attractive in pretty much every part of the world. Although there are individual preferences, there is still a general agreement on what is beautiful and what isn't.
I'm pretty sure Pewdiepie fits the western stereotype of attractive. (Tall, blonde hair, blue eyes, healthy weight). He fits the description of plenty of people's ideal man, looks wise at least.
You just described his coloring, that does not prove anything. There is nothing extraordinary about his facial features. Being blond and blue-eyed ALONE does not make anyone attractive. In fact, most people agree most blond haired, blue-eyed people are VERY average-looking. It's only the most attractive ones that get all the attention.
There isn't one universal idea of beauty, everyone's taste is different.
Everyone's tastes aren't THAT different when it comes to the most extreme end of beauty. As mentioned, this thread isn't titled "Attractive youtubers", it's titled "MOST attractive youtubers". By posting pictures of youtubers that have pedestrian-level beauty defeats the purpose of this thread.
So it's kind of dumb to tell people they should only be posting what society thinks is attractive. Also this thread would be super boring if everyone said they liked the same people ;)
You are misunderstanding. I'm not trying to tell people what they can or cannot find attractive. This thread isn't about attractiveness, it's about the highest level of attractiveness. (or at least that's how I interpreted this thread) There is barely any disagreement in the top 1% of looks.
Pretty sure you're the only one who interpreted it that way....

supernovs
Learner
Learner

Post by supernovs »

Back in topic:

glitteralittle

Alexa Losey

TrueBeutie

ieatbooks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ieatbooks »

Meghan Tonjes in all hair colors: ImageImageImage

Nicola Foti (soundlyawake): Image

Lindsey Bell (from DLV): Image

Lauren Perruc (laurenisokay/laurennnoire): Image

makeupcraze
Learner
Learner

Post by makeupcraze »

To me, Emma Pickles takes the cake for the girls!

Plus, she does the most amazing makeup!

I had never heard of easyneon, but she is stunning!

For the guys, I'm so attracted to CasparLee lol. He's such a naturally goodlooking guy.
(Marcus is so handsome, as well.)

And obviously Jack and Finn! I don't even need to post a picture for those two.

Moonrash
Informer
Informer

Post by Moonrash »

Melonie Mac - Gaming youtuber, love her looks!

Charles Trippy - Shaved or unshaven, love his lil haircuts and his body ahhh

Kathleen Elliott - WITH her hair, before or after she lost her "weight".. she's so pretty!

Dan Howell - He's so cute how can you not..!?!!!

Cassandra Ebner - Used to do daily vlogs, she's really pretty (and she's local so I like her even more)!
Creeper of love

herpderp
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by herpderp »

Omfg this isn't a social psychology lecture lol no need to argue about beauty standards

My pick: Gavin from Rooster Teeth
Bitch YASSSSSSSS

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Return to “General and Miscellaneous”