Hermès

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has thanked: 0

Hermès

Post by Emerald »

They have great bags. I wish I could afford them.

speakyourdreams
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hermès

Post by speakyourdreams »

gurl you and me both

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
I know your wife and she wouldnt mind

Pearlyjam
Talker
Talker

Post by Pearlyjam »

I would rather just buy a car.

teeheeheehee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by teeheeheehee »

Pearlyjam wrote:I would rather just buy a car.

Cars depreciate in value, Hermes bags don't. Some of them even go up in value, like Chanel jumbos...buy the bag, use it for a few years then sell it if you want and without a loss (sometimes maybe at a profit). Much better returns than a car.

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer

Post by Tsubaki »

teeheeheehee wrote:

Cars depreciate in value, Hermes bags don't. Some of them even go up in value, like Chanel jumbos...buy the bag, use it for a few years then sell it if you want and without a loss (sometimes maybe at a profit). Much better returns than a car.
It really depends on situation, doesn't it? If you love your cars, go get the car. If you love your handbags, go get the Hermès. If you're thinking of investments, the Hermès.

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

The Kardashians have ruined the Birkin for me.

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

teeheeheehee wrote:

That's not really true for all Hermes bags. The Birkin maybe. It's not uncommon to find vintage Kelly's on some of the retail sites for much less than retail value.

And maybe I'm old school, but I'd rather invest in actual investment account than in a leather handbag. But whatever floats one boat. Get the bag because you like the bag or have made it or something.

vegasazhure
Informer
Informer

Post by vegasazhure »

I love Hermes, but I could never justify spending so much on a handbag, even if I had the money to burn. If I did purchase, I'd look for a pre-loved bag. Plus, having some history behind it makes it more fun, imo! :D
angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night - Ginsberg

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

vegasazhure wrote:I love Hermes, but I could never justify spending so much on a handbag, even if I had the money to burn. If I did purchase, I'd look for a pre-loved bag. Plus, having some history behind it makes it more fun, imo! :D
I saw Grace Kelly's bag in an exhibition and it was accompanied by pictures of her using it to cover her baby bump. What a great history to a bag. Sadly there were security guards about so I could not grab it! :D :D :D

I don't think I would buy one even if I had the money, especially as you could get something custom made for that price.

vegasazhure
Informer
Informer

Post by vegasazhure »

loopyloo wrote:
vegasazhure wrote:I love Hermes, but I could never justify spending so much on a handbag, even if I had the money to burn. If I did purchase, I'd look for a pre-loved bag. Plus, having some history behind it makes it more fun, imo! :D
I saw Grace Kelly's bag in an exhibition and it was accompanied by pictures of her using it to cover her baby bump. What a great history to a bag. Sadly there were security guards about so I could not grab it! :D :D :D

I don't think I would buy one even if I had the money, especially as you could get something custom made for that price.
Oh, how cool! I love things like that. :D I definitely think putting so much money into a bag would make it something of a family heirloom. I'd definitely want to pass it down to my daughters or granddaughters, especially if it were something really classic like a Kelly or a Birkin in a staple color.

In my opinion that's the way you have to look at very expensive fashion pieces like that - as things that will be in your family forever, just like a piece of nice jewelry or a timeless watch.
angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night - Ginsberg

hardboiledbabe
Lurker
Lurker

Post by hardboiledbabe »

I am so incredibly over the Birkin.
I do like seeing them being used non-conventionally though. For instance, using a Birkin as an airport bag. That's probably one of the few times I can justify it now. It's just so run down now to me because of all the hype. I'm no longer intrigued at the sight of seeing someone carry one anymore.

Ariadne

Post by Ariadne »

My mom has a Birkin that she got a few years ago when she was married to my step-dad. Me and her both are bag obsessed. It is a beautifully constructed bag, quality is beyond compare, but I don't think I'd ever purchase one myself. I do find birkins a little over-rated. That being said, I do use my mom's birkin though, because well, why wouldn't I since she doesn't use it. But it's just a big box. I like bags to have some sort of compartments just to keep everything organized. Also, they are pretty good investment pieces. My step dad bought it for her years ago, and we had it appraised when they got divorced and it got valued I think at 3k more than he paid for it. This valuation was 3 years ago, so it could be even more now. Not that my mom would ever sell it though.

I recently bought the Oasis sandals? I think thats the name. The one with the heels since I wanted a casual type sandal with a little bit of height. So damn comfortable. Just wish I got it in a more neutral color since I got it in the bright blue color.

balletslippers
Informer
Informer

Post by balletslippers »

I LOVE the Birkin bag and if I had the money, I'd definitely buy it. The only thing is I'd be way too scared to walk around with it in public because you never know when a purse-snatcher is near and hunting for prey. :?

AweFew
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by AweFew »

Ariad - it sounds like your mom gets around!

maybeimmortal
Learner
Learner

Post by maybeimmortal »

Birkens/Kellys actually go up in value after purchasing because of how much they go up in value.

A few years ago when the Birkin was huge, a man actually made millions buying and reselling them and is now blacklisted from the store.

I do think Hermes has some divine stuff though.

I do like Hermes, but my heart lies in Dior. <3

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catcherintherye »

Some of you may have heard of the Texas millionaire (or billionaire?) Theresa Roemer. She was in the news recently for her $500,000 closet. She has a sizeable collection of Hermes bags. I saw the report on local news where she gives a tour of the closet. She pronounces Hermes as ... Well Her-mess. That is just sad. People have the money to buy bags that cost thousands of dollars but don't bother to pronounce it correctly.

Morena_p
Informer
Informer

Post by Morena_p »

I love there bags but i could never justify spending that much on a leather bag.

dalton123
Stalker
Stalker

Post by dalton123 »

I also visit that website this is really expensive and then i search other brand that is elle and harpersbazaar they have very good quality and affordable prices

Return to “Fashion Discussion”