"Ingrid Dishes"

Ohfrankie
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: "Ingrid Dishes"

Post by Ohfrankie »

I suppose if you're used to eating out all the time then $60 for three dishes is a steal.

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

Wonder_land wrote:If you're not a vegan, and sometimes even if you are a vegan (depending on your diet), there's no reason to incorporate protein powder into your diet unless you're specifically trying to bulk up for something.
I'm not vegan and I definitely use protein powder to supplement I know its not necessary but I find it very convenient and otherwise if I had just a smoothie for breakfast there wouldn't be much protein in that meal.

However what really bothered me about the protein powder she showed is that's not a real protein powder that's vega's "energizing smoothie" mix. Its meant to be only mixed with water or milk and it only has about 10g of protein in one scoop which is nothing for most protein powders. It's one of the many reasons I'm pretty confident she has no real idea about eating healthy and just hears things like chia seeds and almond milk and jumps all over them.

Guanabeer
Debater
Debater

Post by Guanabeer »

what annoy me most is the constantly "my boyfriend" mention. Is like she's trying to make someone jealous. We all know you have a boyfriend, Ingrid. And that he like to eat what you cook. She really wants to make her minions write comments like "awww you and your boyfriend are so cute cooking for each other. I wish I have a boyfriend too *sad face*".
English is not my 1th language, pardon my english.

meowrawr
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by meowrawr »

I tried the avocado pudding. It was effing disgusting.

Crickets
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Crickets »

Wonder_land wrote:^all the health food stuff bothers me too, mostly because she has no actual reason for doing it other than "it's healthy". Like, for example, eating gluten free pasta. Gluten free stuff is not actually healthier for you unless you actually have a gluten intolerance or celiac disease! And protein powder, seriously? If you're not a vegan, and sometimes even if you are a vegan (depending on your diet), there's no reason to incorporate protein powder into your diet unless you're specifically trying to bulk up for something.

Other than that, the thing that bugs me most is the way she holds her knife, like she's afraid of it or something. She holds it so timidly, with her thumb on top. Any person who knows how to cook knows that's the quickest way to slip and cut yourself. Hold your damn knife with some purpose, Ingrid!

Perhaps I'm being unreasonable, but Ingrid jumping on the gluten-free bandwagon really bothers me. Gluten-free diets are helpful ONLY to people with certain health issues and ONLY when followed strictly. I have Celiac disease, and seeing Ingrid go out of her way to constantly mention that she is using GF products in videos, then turning around and Instagramming pics of herself eating donuts, etc., just annoys me to no end. The people who actually need GF diets don't get cheat meals whenever a craving strikes. I guess GF is trendy and her new BF likes it, but I wish she'd stop.

mermaid
Informer
Informer

Post by mermaid »

i never get why other people care about others diets. so what? i dont like ingrid- however she can eat gluten free if she would like. i try to eat 80% gluten free because well even if you can eat gluten it really isnt good for you especially in large amounts.

yes if shes doing it simply to mimic her bf and his likings like she did with luke thats one thing, but i dont get why some of you are generally bothered by it. :?

imashamedofthis
Learner
Learner

Post by imashamedofthis »

Crickets wrote:
Wonder_land wrote:^all the health food stuff bothers me too, mostly because she has no actual reason for doing it other than "it's healthy". Like, for example, eating gluten free pasta. Gluten free stuff is not actually healthier for you unless you actually have a gluten intolerance or celiac disease! And protein powder, seriously? If you're not a vegan, and sometimes even if you are a vegan (depending on your diet), there's no reason to incorporate protein powder into your diet unless you're specifically trying to bulk up for something.

Other than that, the thing that bugs me most is the way she holds her knife, like she's afraid of it or something. She holds it so timidly, with her thumb on top. Any person who knows how to cook knows that's the quickest way to slip and cut yourself. Hold your damn knife with some purpose, Ingrid!

Perhaps I'm being unreasonable, but Ingrid jumping on the gluten-free bandwagon really bothers me. Gluten-free diets are helpful ONLY to people with certain health issues and ONLY when followed strictly. I have Celiac disease, and seeing Ingrid go out of her way to constantly mention that she is using GF products in videos, then turning around and Instagramming pics of herself eating donuts, etc., just annoys me to no end. The people who actually need GF diets don't get cheat meals whenever a craving strikes. I guess GF is trendy and her new BF likes it, but I wish she'd stop.
On the bright side, restaurants seem to be adding more gluten-free choices bc it's so trendy, so more options for you! :D

mermaid
Informer
Informer

Post by mermaid »

pinkbows wrote:
mermaid wrote:i never get why other people care about others diets. so what? i dont like ingrid- however she can eat gluten free if she would like. i try to eat 80% gluten free because well even if you can eat gluten it really isnt good for you especially in large amounts.

yes if shes doing it simply to mimic her bf and his likings like she did with luke thats one thing, but i dont get why some of you are generally bothered by it. :?

Have you even read our posts though?

thoroughly. i didnt quote anyone cause i wasn't trying to specify anyone was saying each of those things. im just generally saying it :).

gizcorn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gizcorn »

I work in a supermarket and we have a very small 'free from' section and I'd imagine that people buying up gluten free because it's the new healthy buzzword means there is less to buy for those who do suffer with celiac. Although I am in the UK so it may be different in the US, but that's just my take. Then again like someone said ^ because it is a food fad there are more options availiable than there were, so it can work out.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

Gluten free has become the new fat free trend. No one understands that it's not the best for everyone but everyone flocks to buy it.

Wonder_land
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Wonder_land »

imashamedofthis wrote:
Crickets wrote:

On the bright side, restaurants seem to be adding more gluten-free choices bc it's so trendy, so more options for you! :D
The only problem is that the more people do it for non-medical reasons, the less people take it seriously. They're less likely to make absolutely sure that gluten doesn't end up in someones food, because the assumption becomes that they're just doing it for trendy reasons, rather than health reasons.

Crickets
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Crickets »

^^^^This is EXACTLY why it bothers me so much. People who waffle back and forth between eating GF because it's trendy and straying from the diet as soon as a craving strikes make it more difficult for those of us with Celiac disease or gluten intolerance to get dedicated GF foods and service in restaurants. Perfect example: A few months ago I was at a restaurant. The guy next to me orders GF pasta, tells the server he absolutely can't have gluten. Five minutes later, he turns around and reams the server out for not bringing him bread (a big no-no, as bread is chock-full o' gluten.) I'd wager that made a lasting impression on that server, and I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't take GF orders as seriously in the future. Okay, rant over now.

astyle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by astyle »

^ i feel like you guys should tweet that to chris (ingrid's BF).

prob because if he'll give up the GF lifestyle, she will too. (i mean, look at her pattern...)

imashamedofthis
Learner
Learner

Post by imashamedofthis »

Ingrid is only doing the GF thing because it's what's popular right now. Don't you think her recipes will appeal to a much wider audience if she is able to include "GLUTEN-FREE" in the title?

Girl is annoying as hell, but she's certainly good at making videos that people will watch.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

imashamedofthis wrote:Girl is annoying as hell, but she's certainly good at making videos that people will watch.
Her viewers are not people. They are pre-teens and dumb little teenage girls. Although they are people too, they're not "people" in the way most people think of when people hear the word "people" -- adults or at least people who've finished puberty. Most of her viewers don't qualify.

ntl072904
Informer
Informer

Post by ntl072904 »

She sounds like she thinks she's some sort of Martha Stewart.

[youtube][/youtube]

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

Her comments about her friends snacking when she's cooking was so obnoxious and she compared them to herself as a kid once again implying she thinks she's so much better than everyone.

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

ntl072904 wrote:She sounds like she thinks she's some sort of Martha Stewart.

[youtube][/youtube]
I don't know if it's just me, but that thumbnail looks incredibly harsh. She looks about 35. Maybe it's the makeup. I don't know.

Guanabeer
Debater
Debater

Post by Guanabeer »

In her new video to Pop Sugar she did oatmeal AGAIN! How many oatmeal recipe she's going to do? I can't handle this anymore...
English is not my 1th language, pardon my english.

ShimmeryPeachyPink
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ShimmeryPeachyPink »

Did she seriously say she likes to use a whisk to beat eggs in the French Toast video?

Thanks, Ingrid. I had no idea whisks were used as an efficient way to beat eggs.
:gj:

Return to “Ingrid Nilsen”